Skip to content

The Gipper Rest in Peace

The Browns Board
164 52 8.6k 1
  • So sad to hear. RIP Gip. Doesn't seem real.

    Definitely had my share of disagreements with him mostly all silly ones. He was without a doubt a true diehard browns fan and I'm glad he got to see the successful season and playoff win last year. I will pray for peace for his family and close friends. 

    @bjh2130 said:

    So sad to hear. RIP Gip. Doesn't seem real.

    Definitely had my share of disagreements with him mostly all silly ones. He was without a doubt a true diehard browns fan and I'm glad he got to see the successful season and playoff win last year. I will pray for peace for his family and close friends. 

    Jesus. Really makes me realize how everyone here is a real person. I almost can't believe it. Gipper...just....damn man. 

  • @nickers said:

    The Gip 2.png

    Found this one posted by Nickers in the Barber Shop... Sadly, It's to awesome not to post it here^^ Thanks Nickers!

  • Last year, our NC friends wanted us to go with them out west, but it was late, will try again next year. Gip was really looking into helping us find lodging... That is the real Gip I remember. Sadly, I was going to text him soon about S. Dakota - he's traveled so many cool places and we are going this fall. Just sad.

  • Last year, our NC friends wanted us to go with them out west, but it was late, will try again next year. Gip was really looking into helping us find lodging... That is the real Gip I remember. Sadly, I was going to text him soon about S. Dakota - he's traveled so many cool places and we are going this fall. Just sad.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Last year, our NC friends wanted us to go with them out west, but it was late, will try again next year. Gip was really looking into helping us find lodging... That is the real Gip I remember. Sadly, I was going to text him soon about S. Dakota - he's traveled so many cool places and we are going this fall. Just sad.

    I'm up in Estes enjoying RMNP and I've been thinking of Gip and how much he would love this place. So many mountains, streams and wildlife to see. Yep-he'd a loved it.?️ Especially the bull moose we saw yesterday on the western slope and the white mountain goat we saw up near the divide. Hopefully where he is now is a never ending scenic road trip.?

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Last year, our NC friends wanted us to go with them out west, but it was late, will try again next year. Gip was really looking into helping us find lodging... That is the real Gip I remember. Sadly, I was going to text him soon about S. Dakota - he's traveled so many cool places and we are going this fall. Just sad.

    I'm up in Estes enjoying RMNP and I've been thinking of Gip and how much he would love this place. So many mountains, streams and wildlife to see. Yep-he'd a loved it.?️ Especially the bull moose we saw yesterday on the western slope and the white mountain goat we saw up near the divide. Hopefully where he is now is a never ending scenic road trip.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'm up in Estes enjoying RMNP and I've been thinking of Gip and how much he would love this place. So many mountains, streams and wildlife to see. Yep-he'd a loved it.?️ Especially the bull moose we saw yesterday on the western slope and the white mountain goat we saw up near the divide. Hopefully where he is now is a never ending scenic road trip.?

    That's cool. I'm heading up there Aug 2-6, then on to Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP afterwards. 

  • Oh man, this sucks. 

    Gip and I rarely saw eye-to-eye but he was genuinely a nice guy and a god-tier Browns fan.

    This board, and this world, are a little darker without him. 

    RIP to a Browns Board legend and a man who impacted all of our lives in ways he’ll never know.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I'm up in Estes enjoying RMNP and I've been thinking of Gip and how much he would love this place. So many mountains, streams and wildlife to see. Yep-he'd a loved it.?️ Especially the bull moose we saw yesterday on the western slope and the white mountain goat we saw up near the divide. Hopefully where he is now is a never ending scenic road trip.?

    That's cool. I'm heading up there Aug 2-6, then on to Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP afterwards. 

    @bob806 said:

    That's cool. I'm heading up there Aug 2-6, then on to Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP afterwards. 

    Really cool canyon. My wife and I discovered it in 1973 when I went two weeks to Ft. Carson to grade the national guard on infantry tactics. Took a week plus camping trip afterwards and found the canyon by pure luck. Best in early morning or late afternoon when shadows increase the blackness. Gip would love it and I suspect he has seen it on one of his many trips out west.

  • Last year, our NC friends wanted us to go with them out west, but it was late, will try again next year. Gip was really looking into helping us find lodging... That is the real Gip I remember. Sadly, I was going to text him soon about S. Dakota - he's traveled so many cool places and we are going this fall. Just sad.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Last year, our NC friends wanted us to go with them out west, but it was late, will try again next year. Gip was really looking into helping us find lodging... That is the real Gip I remember. Sadly, I was going to text him soon about S. Dakota - he's traveled so many cool places and we are going this fall. Just sad.

    Mt. Rushmore is worth the visit in SD. Saw it when my B-52 piloting younger brother was based nearby at Ellsworth AFB. They do B-1's now I think.

  • Last year, our NC friends wanted us to go with them out west, but it was late, will try again next year. Gip was really looking into helping us find lodging... That is the real Gip I remember. Sadly, I was going to text him soon about S. Dakota - he's traveled so many cool places and we are going this fall. Just sad.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Last year, our NC friends wanted us to go with them out west, but it was late, will try again next year. Gip was really looking into helping us find lodging... That is the real Gip I remember. Sadly, I was going to text him soon about S. Dakota - he's traveled so many cool places and we are going this fall. Just sad.

    Also if you make it to Mt. Rushmore, Devil's Tower of "Close Encounters" fame is only around 40-50 miles or so into NE Wyoming from there.?

  • I’m very late to seeing this as I’ve been very busy and between work and COVID season I haven’t been active here. This has always been my fav Brownsboard though. I’ve read so many of Gippers posts. Didn’t agree with many but one thing was always obvious and that was he loved the Browns. RIP, Sure is sobering the older we get seeing more and more folks pass. Makes me really ponder how much longer before I retire and enjoy!

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Last year, our NC friends wanted us to go with them out west, but it was late, will try again next year. Gip was really looking into helping us find lodging... That is the real Gip I remember. Sadly, I was going to text him soon about S. Dakota - he's traveled so many cool places and we are going this fall. Just sad.

    Mt. Rushmore is worth the visit in SD. Saw it when my B-52 piloting younger brother was based nearby at Ellsworth AFB. They do B-1's now I think.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Mt. Rushmore is worth the visit in SD. Saw it when my B-52 piloting younger brother was based nearby at Ellsworth AFB. They do B-1's now I think.

    And I should add- the Badlands NP are not to be missed.... Tourista stops at The Corn Palace in Mitchell and Wall Drug (no, it's not a "National Treasure" as the 100 or so billboards would have you believe) if you're into such things.  We had a standing joke that we should stop at Reptile Gardens in the Black Hills.  I've never gotten close to Devil's Tower- only seen it from the distance. Of course, it's been climbed many times.  More than a few times some yahoos who weren't up on rappelling had to call for the helicopter to get them down from the top.  🙂

  • For those who missed it. 

  • Been away for a year so just finding out about Gipper ..... He was a true Browns fan and a great contributor to this board, I am speechless, we had plenty of PM's when we ran the draft together ....my heart goes out to everyone who knew him....his friends, and more importantly his wife and family ...  may he walk with the angels in eternal peace.