Skip to content

The Gipper Rest in Peace

The Browns Board
164 52 8.6k 1
  • @westside-steve said:

     It's not showing up on my phone. Hopefully you can figure it out I will make sure to get whatever Brown's fans pics to his family..

    I'll email it to you Steve. I don't understand why if I copy and paste a photo from my Google album it shows up fine on my end, but usually not for anyone else.  

    And I'm also in on flowers. 

  • While we always had hearty battles.. I had much respect for the man.. I was out of town the last few days on a camping trip.. Thank you for all of the great factoids and Browns History you provided to us over the years.. May you find peace in Gods Kingdom.. RIP your Honor!.. "Slams a Gavel"

  • @dutch-oven said:

    How would someone with 1 post know who is an icon on this board? 

    And why did you change your name from "stanisafag"? 

    First of all I am Stan's wife... I have known GIPPER probably longer then you have taken shits! So go fuck your self...Go Browns!

    @hag2 said:

    First of all I am Stan's wife... I have known GIPPER probably longer then you have taken shits! So go fuck your self...Go Browns!

    X2.

    Dam internet & the tough guys. Our world is dumb.

  • Here’s some pics I lifted from Gip’s Facebook page.

    His death comes 2 weeks after my wife of 20 years passed away.

    D61ABB2C-696A-48CC-A5EB-94628898FAD5.png

    32812354-A3A1-4B52-BA00-56C18141669F.png

    47938D8D-5361-4079-9AB8-2EC08F30068C.png

  • And whomever is in a position to send flowers from "TBB" to whatever service is planned... I'm in.

    Just post or PM me your PayPal addy...

    @tour2ma said:

    And whomever is in a position to send flowers from "TBB" to whatever service is planned... I'm in.

    Just post or PM me your PayPal addy...

    Agree with this completely. Just let me know how to add in

  • Oh my I just found out about this he was indeed too young to leave this world.

    This board will not be the same is a big understatement in deed.

    We will miss all of his contributions here.   He was my first post here.

    Adios counselor.

    5000037171.jpg

  • And whomever is in a position to send flowers from "TBB" to whatever service is planned... I'm in.

    Just post or PM me your PayPal addy...

    @tour2ma said:

    And whomever is in a position to send flowers from "TBB" to whatever service is planned... I'm in.

    Just post or PM me your PayPal addy...

    I'm in too if anyone wants to set something up, keep us posted.

    Screenshot_2021-06-10_161053.jpg

  • Here’s some pics I lifted from Gip’s Facebook page.

    His death comes 2 weeks after my wife of 20 years passed away.

    D61ABB2C-696A-48CC-A5EB-94628898FAD5.png

    32812354-A3A1-4B52-BA00-56C18141669F.png

    47938D8D-5361-4079-9AB8-2EC08F30068C.png

    @canton-dawg said:

    Here’s some pics I lifted from Gip’s Facebook page.

    His death comes 2 weeks after my wife of 20 years passed away.

    Great pictures, and I am so sorry to hear about your wife..... I can't, and won't even try to imagine. ?

  • @westside-steve said:

     It's not showing up on my phone. Hopefully you can figure it out I will make sure to get whatever Brown's fans pics to his family..

    I'll email it to you Steve. I don't understand why if I copy and paste a photo from my Google album it shows up fine on my end, but usually not for anyone else.  

    And I'm also in on flowers. 

    @hoorta said:

    I'll email it to you Steve. I don't understand why if I copy and paste a photo from my Google album it shows up fine on my end, but usually not for anyone else.  

    And I'm also in on flowers. 

     Knowing the gipper I would expect him to prefer a donation to some sort of organisation or other. But I know he would have appreciated the guys getting together and raising a glass.

      I'll keep everybody posted on the calling hours.

    WSS

  • I see pictures of a man that I never met nor knew what he looked like.  And it still brings a tear to my eye.  These are people on this board that are our brothers (and sisters).  They are people that love the Browns.  Not just 'like' them.  But love them.  And that creates a special bond (for the most part...as I do have a few on my ignore list).  -  Very sad.

  • @hoorta said:

    Another one of me..

    millersburg1.jpg.2e70f90558289195e9c92728ba582ce1.jpg

    ........takes a while to load doesn't it?   Make's ya think that it didn't work, so ya do it again.

  • @hoorta said:

    Another one of me..

    millersburg1.jpg.2e70f90558289195e9c92728ba582ce1.jpg

    ........takes a while to load doesn't it?   Make's ya think that it didn't work, so ya do it again.

    @orion said:

    ........takes a while to load doesn't it?   Make's ya think that it didn't work, so ya do it again.

    LOL and again, and again...  I thought I had it down to one from four...   So I deleted the post....  But I could edit your reply... Now everyone knows what I look like and can hunt me down....  🙂  BTW, this picture is from the outskirts of Killbuck- you can check it out on Google maps.   Part of my adventure completing the Ohio to Erie Bike Trail last summer... 

    And I really don't think me and Gipper look all that alike, other than we're both old...    

  • @westside-steve said:

     It's not showing up on my phone. Hopefully you can figure it out I will make sure to get whatever Brown's fans pics to his family..

    PS I finally figured it out, and it makes no sense to me...  Copying an image direct from Google to the Board apparently doesn't work. But If I copy an image from my Google album to my pictures album on my computer & post it- then it will show up here.    

  • One last thought...

    I just hope St. Peter's greeting of Gip to the Pearlie Gates isn't anything along the lines of:

    Well, Gip.... we normally don't let lawyers in here, but since you already went thru hell when your Browns moved to Baltimore...

    Oy vey....

  • @hoorta said:

    I'll email it to you Steve. I don't understand why if I copy and paste a photo from my Google album it shows up fine on my end, but usually not for anyone else.  

    And I'm also in on flowers. 

     Knowing the gipper I would expect him to prefer a donation to some sort of organisation or other. But I know he would have appreciated the guys getting together and raising a glass.

      I'll keep everybody posted on the calling hours.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Knowing the gipper I would expect him to prefer a donation to some sort of organisation or other.

    That'll work as well...

    Prolly the ACLU... 😁

    And what's with the Brit-spell of of organization?

  • Truly sad news.....rip Gipper!

    I loved his trivia(and so did he)....I imagined how many hours he put into preparing & researching those threads....as well as his noted battles with everyone. Honestly figured he was too stubborn to do something like this...... the board will never be quite the same.......

  • @tour2ma said:

    And whomever is in a position to send flowers from "TBB" to whatever service is planned... I'm in.

    Just post or PM me your PayPal addy...

    Me too!

    I always looked forward to reading any thread Gip started. 
     

    My heart dropped when I saw this. 

    @alporcini said:

    Me too!

    I always looked forward to reading any thread Gip started. 
     

    My heart dropped when I saw this. 

    Me too!

  • One last thought...

    I just hope St. Peter's greeting of Gip to the Pearlie Gates isn't anything along the lines of:

    Well, Gip.... we normally don't let lawyers in here, but since you already went thru hell when your Browns moved to Baltimore...

    Oy vey....

    @tour2ma said:

    One last thought...

    I just hope St. Peter's greeting of Gip to the Pearlie Gates isn't anything along the lines of:

    Well, Gip.... we normally don't let lawyers in here, but since you already went thru hell when your Browns moved to Baltimore...

    Oy vey....

    I'm sure Gip got in an argument with him over "Judge not lest ye be judged." And I'm sure he pointed out there is a book in the Bible entitled "Judges". The gate flew open with that retort.?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    How would someone with 1 post know who is an icon on this board? 

    And why did you change your name from "stanisafag"? 

    First of all I am Stan's wife... I have known GIPPER probably longer then you have taken shits! So go fuck your self...Go Browns!

    I can't keep track of all the reactions I may owe ?.. Mine sometimes won't refill for weeks...  but this is the healing reaction I think we all may need, for some time... ? 

    The Photos and comment post are straight up awesome!

    I could laugh at this for weeks... ?

    @hag2 said:

    First of all I am Stan's wife... I have known GIPPER probably longer then you have taken shits! So go fuck your self...Go Browns!

    Makes me think? Stan had one of those Willie & Waylon...

     "good hearted woman"... ❤️

    @hag2 ! ! ...Your Welcome to post more often in my book ... Your Fun!                  Yep!  Go Browns !! 

  • @hoorta said:

    I'll email it to you Steve. I don't understand why if I copy and paste a photo from my Google album it shows up fine on my end, but usually not for anyone else.  

    And I'm also in on flowers. 

     Knowing the gipper I would expect him to prefer a donation to some sort of organisation or other. But I know he would have appreciated the guys getting together and raising a glass.

      I'll keep everybody posted on the calling hours.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

     Knowing the gipper I would expect him to prefer a donation to some sort of organisation or other. But I know he would have appreciated the guys getting together and raising a glass.

      I'll keep everybody posted on the calling hours.

    WSS

    I dont have the option of being there, but if there is something I can contribute to (a donation/flowers/whatever) I'd like to know too... And if there's a time folks meet up I'll drink alone up here in Canada at the same time with Gipper in mind and send some pics in. Maybe we could open the Tavern or something?

    Being where I am, I never get to meet or talk to fellow Browns fans. This is the best place I've found to fill that void, with the most passionate and knowledgeable fans out there. I love all of it (even the asshole parts) and Gipper really was all of it all in one presence. I visit every day (even if I don't say much) and he was a big reason why.

    Thank all of you for being that outlet for me.