Skip to content

Managing The Game

The Browns Board
42 12 1.9k
  • @sony-reed said:

    I am of the opinion that Brady Quinn is a dink and dunker and if you think any defense is going to respect Brady dinking and dunking all game then you should go watch some football and learn a little before you come here trying to act like you know everything

    You are operating under the FALSE ASSUMPTION that BQ is only a dinker and dunker.

    Makes me think YOU are the one who hasn't watched any football.

    mz. said:

    You are operating under the FALSE ASSUMPTION that BQ is only a dinker and dunker.

    Makes me think YOU are the one who hasn't watched any football.

    When have you seen BQ throw downfield, most of his passes are of the dink and dunk like Charlie Frye and we all saw how well Charlie Frye played

    How many people kept saying Frye would be good, I recall some posters saying he would be like Drew Bree's by his 3rd year, DA took the same team Frye did nothing with and led us to 10 wins, Frye is where he should be 3rd string

    BQ is looks to me like a career backup qb

    What does it say about BQ as bad as people knock DA but Brady can't outplay him and take the job, Quinn is just not very good

    The quarterback of the future for the Browns is currently not on the 2009 roster

  • @lumbergh said:

    Too true. that pretty much sums this whole thing up. hammer meets nail. on the head.

    BQ Nation is giving you the 'nervous laugh with no real response' treatment. That's because there is no response to make.

    Nice summation, although I would add in the fact that Anderson can make throws that Quinn is physically incapable of making.

    You would think some of these lovers of Quinn never watched a regular season NFL game

    Browns will have a hard time scoring 10 points with BQ starting

    Did you like the way in the Green Bay game BQ kept going to Fluerry, he locks in on one receiver and keeps throwing to him short passes all day, think thats hard for the defense to figure out.....like he kept going to Winslow in the Denver game, when Buffalo and Houston took that away BQ looked lost

    Once you see 8-9 in the box to stop the run, the D will then take away the quick slants and short passes and BQ will be toast

    We are seeing Charlie Frye again by watching BQ

    I love the way everyone forgets the Buffalo and Houston game where BQ looked like crap...Oops I forgot BQ hurt his finger

    @sony-reed said:

    We are seeing Charlie Frye again by watching BQ

    can't argue with that.

    you're preachin' to the choir bro.

  • @lumbergh said:

    Too true. that pretty much sums this whole thing up. hammer meets nail. on the head.

    BQ Nation is giving you the 'nervous laugh with no real response' treatment. That's because there is no response to make.

    Nice summation, although I would add in the fact that Anderson can make throws that Quinn is physically incapable of making.

    You would think some of these lovers of Quinn never watched a regular season NFL game

    Browns will have a hard time scoring 10 points with BQ starting

    Did you like the way in the Green Bay game BQ kept going to Fluerry, he locks in on one receiver and keeps throwing to him short passes all day, think thats hard for the defense to figure out.....like he kept going to Winslow in the Denver game, when Buffalo and Houston took that away BQ looked lost

    Once you see 8-9 in the box to stop the run, the D will then take away the quick slants and short passes and BQ will be toast

    We are seeing Charlie Frye again by watching BQ

    I love the way everyone forgets the Buffalo and Houston game where BQ looked like crap...Oops I forgot BQ hurt his finger

    @sony-reed said:

    Did you like the way in the Green Bay game BQ kept going to Fluerry

    theo27mn.jpg

  • @lumbergh said:

    Too true. that pretty much sums this whole thing up. hammer meets nail. on the head.

    BQ Nation is giving you the 'nervous laugh with no real response' treatment. That's because there is no response to make.

    Nice summation, although I would add in the fact that Anderson can make throws that Quinn is physically incapable of making.

    You would think some of these lovers of Quinn never watched a regular season NFL game

    Browns will have a hard time scoring 10 points with BQ starting

    Did you like the way in the Green Bay game BQ kept going to Fluerry, he locks in on one receiver and keeps throwing to him short passes all day, think thats hard for the defense to figure out.....like he kept going to Winslow in the Denver game, when Buffalo and Houston took that away BQ looked lost

    Once you see 8-9 in the box to stop the run, the D will then take away the quick slants and short passes and BQ will be toast

    We are seeing Charlie Frye again by watching BQ

    I love the way everyone forgets the Buffalo and Houston game where BQ looked like crap...Oops I forgot BQ hurt his finger

    @sony-reed said:

    You would think some of these lovers of Quinn never watched a regular season NFL game

    Browns will have a hard time scoring 10 points with BQ starting

    Did you like the way in the Green Bay game BQ kept going to Fluerry, he locks in on one receiver and keeps throwing to him short passes all day, think thats hard for the defense to figure out.....like he kept going to Winslow in the Denver game, when Buffalo and Houston took that away BQ looked lost

    Once you see 8-9 in the box to stop the run, the D will then take away the quick slants and short passes and BQ will be toast

    We are seeing Charlie Frye again by watching BQ

    I love the way everyone forgets the Buffalo and Houston game where BQ looked like crap...Oops I forgot BQ hurt his finger

    I have a question -

    Why can the people who want Anderson to start use every excuse in the book but those who favor Quinn can't?

    Anderson gets a pass for inclimate weather but Quinn can get a pass for ending up on IR because of the broken finger you point out?

    You are seeing things your own way man.

    On the flipside, Anderson had the 20+ yard ball taken away from him in the second half of 2007 and during 2008, care to tell us hiis numberts since that point?

    Please do not confuse my argument for Quinn love. I grew up an Ohio State fan that ended up in Tucson at the University of Arizona and did NOT want the Browns drafting Quinn. However, I am the type of fan that hates double-standards, and guys like you and Lumbergh are the epitome of a double-standard.

    You don't, and refuse, to see both sides of the argument.

    PS - It's FURREY. The guy you are referring to plays hockey.

  • @sony-reed said:

    You would think some of these lovers of Quinn never watched a regular season NFL game

    Browns will have a hard time scoring 10 points with BQ starting

    Did you like the way in the Green Bay game BQ kept going to Fluerry, he locks in on one receiver and keeps throwing to him short passes all day, think thats hard for the defense to figure out.....like he kept going to Winslow in the Denver game, when Buffalo and Houston took that away BQ looked lost

    Once you see 8-9 in the box to stop the run, the D will then take away the quick slants and short passes and BQ will be toast

    We are seeing Charlie Frye again by watching BQ

    I love the way everyone forgets the Buffalo and Houston game where BQ looked like crap...Oops I forgot BQ hurt his finger

    But the jury is not out on Quinn. He only played one healthy game. That's why we need to see him start a season. 🙂

    @dawgpound3 said:

    But the jury is not out on Quinn. He only played one healthy game. That's why we need to see him start a season. 🙂

    The coaches see Quinn everday, they must not be too impressed

    The coach has tried to hand the job to Quinn and he still can't take it from DA, so this tells me BQ must not be very good

    BQ had a chance to win the Denver game at the end and what did he do? He Blew it at the end....nice pass to Winslow uhh

  • @sony-reed said:

    You would think some of these lovers of Quinn never watched a regular season NFL game

    Browns will have a hard time scoring 10 points with BQ starting

    Did you like the way in the Green Bay game BQ kept going to Fluerry, he locks in on one receiver and keeps throwing to him short passes all day, think thats hard for the defense to figure out.....like he kept going to Winslow in the Denver game, when Buffalo and Houston took that away BQ looked lost

    Once you see 8-9 in the box to stop the run, the D will then take away the quick slants and short passes and BQ will be toast

    We are seeing Charlie Frye again by watching BQ

    I love the way everyone forgets the Buffalo and Houston game where BQ looked like crap...Oops I forgot BQ hurt his finger

    I have a question -

    Why can the people who want Anderson to start use every excuse in the book but those who favor Quinn can't?

    Anderson gets a pass for inclimate weather but Quinn can get a pass for ending up on IR because of the broken finger you point out?

    You are seeing things your own way man.

    On the flipside, Anderson had the 20+ yard ball taken away from him in the second half of 2007 and during 2008, care to tell us hiis numberts since that point?

    Please do not confuse my argument for Quinn love. I grew up an Ohio State fan that ended up in Tucson at the University of Arizona and did NOT want the Browns drafting Quinn. However, I am the type of fan that hates double-standards, and guys like you and Lumbergh are the epitome of a double-standard.

    You don't, and refuse, to see both sides of the argument.

    PS - It's FURREY. The guy you are referring to plays hockey.

    @azbrowns said:

    I have a question -

    Why can the people who want Anderson to start use every excuse in the book but those who favor Quinn can't?

    Anderson gets a pass for inclimate weather but Quinn can get a pass for ending up on IR because of the broken finger you point out?

    You are seeing things your own way man.

    On the flipside, Anderson had the 20+ yard ball taken away from him in the second half of 2007 and during 2008, care to tell us hiis numberts since that point?

    Please do not confuse my argument for Quinn love. I grew up an Ohio State fan that ended up in Tucson at the University of Arizona and did NOT want the Browns drafting Quinn. However, I am the type of fan that hates double-standards, and guys like you and Lumbergh are the epitome of a double-standard.

    You don't, and refuse, to see both sides of the argument.

    PS - It's FURREY. The guy you are referring to plays hockey.

    I agree. I'm tired of excuses. I just want to see an QB that plays good, smart football.

  • @dawgpound3 said:

    But the jury is not out on Quinn. He only played one healthy game. That's why we need to see him start a season. 🙂

    The coaches see Quinn everday, they must not be too impressed

    The coach has tried to hand the job to Quinn and he still can't take it from DA, so this tells me BQ must not be very good

    BQ had a chance to win the Denver game at the end and what did he do? He Blew it at the end....nice pass to Winslow uhh

    @sony-reed said:

    The coaches see Quinn everday, they must not be too impressed

    The coach has tried to hand the job to Quinn and he still can't take it from DA, so this tells me BQ must not be very good

    BQ had a chance to win the Denver game at the end and what did he do? He Blew it at the end....nice pass to Winslow uhh

    Ok, if you put THAT game on BQ, how many games do you put on Anderson? Lets be fair here.

  • @dawgpound3 said:

    But the jury is not out on Quinn. He only played one healthy game. That's why we need to see him start a season. 🙂

    The coaches see Quinn everday, they must not be too impressed

    The coach has tried to hand the job to Quinn and he still can't take it from DA, so this tells me BQ must not be very good

    BQ had a chance to win the Denver game at the end and what did he do? He Blew it at the end....nice pass to Winslow uhh

    @sony-reed said:

    The coaches see Quinn everday, they must not be too impressed

    The coach has tried to hand the job to Quinn and he still can't take it from DA, so this tells me BQ must not be very good

    BQ had a chance to win the Denver game at the end and what did he do? He Blew it at the end....nice pass to Winslow uhh

    I remember hearing reports about how Mangini didn't really like Quinn. So, you might be onto something. Also, Crennel also didn't think favorably of Quinn. Crennel didn't want Quinn to start at all. I guess he really liked DA which also got his ass canned for it.

  • Or maybe the verdict of 2 coaches is the same....they just don't like what he brings to the field and locker room.

  • @sony-reed said:

    The coaches see Quinn everday, they must not be too impressed

    The coach has tried to hand the job to Quinn and he still can't take it from DA, so this tells me BQ must not be very good

    BQ had a chance to win the Denver game at the end and what did he do? He Blew it at the end....nice pass to Winslow uhh

    I remember hearing reports about how Mangini didn't really like Quinn. So, you might be onto something. Also, Crennel also didn't think favorably of Quinn. Crennel didn't want Quinn to start at all. I guess he really liked DA which also got his ass canned for it.

    @dawgpound3 said:

    I remember hearing reports about how Mangini didn't really like Quinn. So, you might be onto something.

    Then why turn down a first round pick for him? I don't buy that shit at all...

  • Or maybe the verdict of 2 coaches is the same....they just don't like what he brings to the field and locker room.

    @ballpeen said:

    Or maybe the verdict of 2 coaches is the same....they just don't like what he brings to the field and locker room.

    Yeah. Maybe the dinking and dunking doesn't cut it for Mangini. After all, Mangini offensive philosophy consists of I-formation, 5 WR sets, and maybe some ISO plays.

  • @dawgpound3 said:

    I remember hearing reports about how Mangini didn't really like Quinn. So, you might be onto something.

    Then why turn down a first round pick for him? I don't buy that shit at all...

    mz. said:

    Then why turn down a first round pick for him? I don't buy that shit at all...

    They weren't sure. They could of been undecided. I mean, after all, why draft Sanchez when you could keep Quinn who has a little more experience than Sanchez.

  • @sony-reed said:

    You would think some of these lovers of Quinn never watched a regular season NFL game

    Browns will have a hard time scoring 10 points with BQ starting

    Did you like the way in the Green Bay game BQ kept going to Fluerry, he locks in on one receiver and keeps throwing to him short passes all day, think thats hard for the defense to figure out.....like he kept going to Winslow in the Denver game, when Buffalo and Houston took that away BQ looked lost

    Once you see 8-9 in the box to stop the run, the D will then take away the quick slants and short passes and BQ will be toast

    We are seeing Charlie Frye again by watching BQ

    I love the way everyone forgets the Buffalo and Houston game where BQ looked like crap...Oops I forgot BQ hurt his finger

    I have a question -

    Why can the people who want Anderson to start use every excuse in the book but those who favor Quinn can't?

    Anderson gets a pass for inclimate weather but Quinn can get a pass for ending up on IR because of the broken finger you point out?

    You are seeing things your own way man.

    On the flipside, Anderson had the 20+ yard ball taken away from him in the second half of 2007 and during 2008, care to tell us hiis numberts since that point?

    Please do not confuse my argument for Quinn love. I grew up an Ohio State fan that ended up in Tucson at the University of Arizona and did NOT want the Browns drafting Quinn. However, I am the type of fan that hates double-standards, and guys like you and Lumbergh are the epitome of a double-standard.

    You don't, and refuse, to see both sides of the argument.

    PS - It's FURREY. The guy you are referring to plays hockey.

    @azbrowns said:

    I have a question -

    Why can the people who want Anderson to start use every excuse in the book but those who favor Quinn can't?

    Anderson gets a pass for inclimate weather but Quinn can get a pass for ending up on IR because of the broken finger you point out?

    You are seeing things your own way man.

    On the flipside, Anderson had the 20+ yard ball taken away from him in the second half of 2007 and during 2008, care to tell us hiis numberts since that point?

    Please do not confuse my argument for Quinn love. I grew up an Ohio State fan that ended up in Tucson at the University of Arizona and did NOT want the Browns drafting Quinn. However, I am the type of fan that hates double-standards, and guys like you and Lumbergh are the epitome of a double-standard.

    You don't, and refuse, to see both sides of the argument.

    PS - It's FURREY. The guy you are referring to plays hockey.

    I am not making excuses for DA, his best weapon Edwards dropped how many passes last season, he had no #2 receivers the other guys opposite Braylon would have a hard time making most NFL teams rosters or are 4th and 5th receivers at best, Stallworth was hurt and did nothing and Winslow was injured so who was DA going to throw to?

    BQ had that game against Denver where he dinked and dunked all night against a terrible defense against the pass yet everyone wanted to act like he was Peyton Manning, the following week against Buffalo he completed less than 50% of his passes and was given great field position in the 1st half and only came away with field goals and the following week against Houston he was terrible, in the 3 games how many shots downfield did he take? you won't survive in this leage dinking and dunking all game and season you have to make the defense respect you and with BQ they will place 8-9 men in the box and take away the run and short passes then what can BQ do.

    Tell me why does Brady seem to lock in on one receiver and continue going to him?

    What did Brady do against the Broncos to make you believe he is the answer because I did not see anything but dinking and dunking all night against a bad defensive team

  • mz. said:

    Then why turn down a first round pick for him? I don't buy that shit at all...

    They weren't sure. They could of been undecided. I mean, after all, why draft Sanchez when you could keep Quinn who has a little more experience than Sanchez.

    @dawgpound3 said:

    They weren't sure. They could of been undecided. I mean, after all, why draft Sanchez when you could keep Quinn who has a little more experience than Sanchez.

    They didn't have to take Sanchez with the pick they received back.............

  • @azbrowns said:

    I have a question -

    Why can the people who want Anderson to start use every excuse in the book but those who favor Quinn can't?

    Anderson gets a pass for inclimate weather but Quinn can get a pass for ending up on IR because of the broken finger you point out?

    You are seeing things your own way man.

    On the flipside, Anderson had the 20+ yard ball taken away from him in the second half of 2007 and during 2008, care to tell us hiis numberts since that point?

    Please do not confuse my argument for Quinn love. I grew up an Ohio State fan that ended up in Tucson at the University of Arizona and did NOT want the Browns drafting Quinn. However, I am the type of fan that hates double-standards, and guys like you and Lumbergh are the epitome of a double-standard.

    You don't, and refuse, to see both sides of the argument.

    PS - It's FURREY. The guy you are referring to plays hockey.

    I am not making excuses for DA, his best weapon Edwards dropped how many passes last season, he had no #2 receivers the other guys opposite Braylon would have a hard time making most NFL teams rosters or are 4th and 5th receivers at best, Stallworth was hurt and did nothing and Winslow was injured so who was DA going to throw to?

    BQ had that game against Denver where he dinked and dunked all night against a terrible defense against the pass yet everyone wanted to act like he was Peyton Manning, the following week against Buffalo he completed less than 50% of his passes and was given great field position in the 1st half and only came away with field goals and the following week against Houston he was terrible, in the 3 games how many shots downfield did he take? you won't survive in this leage dinking and dunking all game and season you have to make the defense respect you and with BQ they will place 8-9 men in the box and take away the run and short passes then what can BQ do.

    Tell me why does Brady seem to lock in on one receiver and continue going to him?

    What did Brady do against the Broncos to make you believe he is the answer because I did not see anything but dinking and dunking all night against a bad defensive team

    @sony-reed said:

    I am not making excuses for DA, his best weapon Edwards dropped how many passes last season, he had no #2 receivers the other guys opposite Braylon would have a hard time making most NFL teams rosters or are 4th and 5th receivers at best, Stallworth was hurt and did nothing and Winslow was injured so who was DA going to throw to?

    BQ had that game against Denver where he dinked and dunked all night against a terrible defense against the pass yet everyone wanted to act like he was Peyton Manning, the following week against Buffalo he completed less than 50% of his passes and was given great field position in the 1st half and only came away with field goals and the following week against Houston he was terrible, in the 3 games how many shots downfield did he take? you won't survive in this leage dinking and dunking all game and season you have to make the defense respect you and with BQ they will place 8-9 men in the box and take away the run and short passes then what can BQ do.

    Tell me why does Brady seem to lock in on one receiver and continue going to him?

    What did Brady do against the Broncos to make you believe he is the answer because I did not see anything but dinking and dunking all night against a bad defensive team

    Dinking and dunking is something DA needs to work on, because if DA ever gets that down, he will be DANGEROUS. Dangerous, I tell you.

    It's funny. Quinn can't keep defenses honest with the deep ball, so they stack 8-9 in the box and DA can't throw a short pass to save his life.

  • @dawgpound3 said:

    I remember hearing reports about how Mangini didn't really like Quinn. So, you might be onto something.

    Then why turn down a first round pick for him? I don't buy that shit at all...

    mz. said:

    Then why turn down a first round pick for him? I don't buy that shit at all...

    How do we know a 1st round pick was really offered?

    Look at how people in this forum thought we would get a low 1st or 2nd for DA or we would get a 1st for Edwards we really don't know they were just rumors

    We have had 2 different coaches and neither seem to impressed with Brady there has to be a reason for that, we are not at practice everyday or watch the film of practice like to coaches........something does not add up, I think the fans want to see BQ because we traded a 1st round pick for him

    There is also the question of why he lasted so long in the draft there must be something coaches see that the average fan does not see

    I believe the coaching staff really wanted BQ to take the job and run with it but he has not done so

  • @dawgpound3 said:

    They weren't sure. They could of been undecided. I mean, after all, why draft Sanchez when you could keep Quinn who has a little more experience than Sanchez.

    They didn't have to take Sanchez with the pick they received back.............

    mz. said:

    They didn't have to take Sanchez with the pick they received back.............

    Oh, no, they didn't have to. But if they were to trade Quinn, they would have to imo. And after all, wasn't Sanchez highly touted by Mangini?

  • mz. said:

    Then why turn down a first round pick for him? I don't buy that shit at all...

    How do we know a 1st round pick was really offered?

    Look at how people in this forum thought we would get a low 1st or 2nd for DA or we would get a 1st for Edwards we really don't know they were just rumors

    We have had 2 different coaches and neither seem to impressed with Brady there has to be a reason for that, we are not at practice everyday or watch the film of practice like to coaches........something does not add up, I think the fans want to see BQ because we traded a 1st round pick for him

    There is also the question of why he lasted so long in the draft there must be something coaches see that the average fan does not see

    I believe the coaching staff really wanted BQ to take the job and run with it but he has not done so

    @sony-reed said:

    How do we know a 1st round pick was really offered?

    Look at how people in this forum thought we would get a low 1st or 2nd for DA or we would get a 1st for Edwards we really don't know they were just rumors

    We have had 2 different coaches and neither seem to impressed with Brady there has to be a reason for that, we are not at practice everyday or watch the film of practice like to coaches........something does not add up, I think the fans want to see BQ because we traded a 1st round pick for him

    There is also the question of why he lasted so long in the draft there must be something coaches see that the average fan does not see

    I believe the coaching staff really wanted BQ to take the job and run with it but he has not done so

    Well, if Quinn isn't that great, then why do Rod Woodson or Tony Dungy put Quinn on a pedestal? They see something in him and I believe it's something good.

  • I am so tired of hearing people talking about Brady Quinn and he would be the better game manager, everytime I here people talking about saying a quarterback is a game manager is like saying he is not good enough to win games by passing when the defense knows he has to pass to win the game.

    Imo, I believe that Eric Mangini feels that Derek Anderson gives this team the best chance to win games this season, because if you start Brady Quinn teams are going to line 8-9 men in the box and take Brady's short passes away because he seems afraid to go downfield.

    D.A. for all the people who dislike him makes the opposing teams defense respect his ability to throw downfield as was shown against the Lions

    You are not scaring many defenses with Brady Quinn and his dink and dunks, and the Quinn lovers will tell all about his game against Denver last year and quickly blame his finger on his poor games against the Bills and Texans......Imo its obvious now why he lasted until the end of round 1

    I don't feel the Browns quarterback of the future is on this 2009 roster......

    @sony-reed said:

    I am so tired of hearing people talking about Brady Quinn and he would be the better game manager, everytime I here people talking about saying a quarterback is a game manager is like saying he is not good enough to win games by passing when the defense knows he has to pass to win the game.

    Imo, I believe that Eric Mangini feels that Derek Anderson gives this team the best chance to win games this season, because if you start Brady Quinn teams are going to line 8-9 men in the box and take Brady's short passes away because he seems afraid to go downfield.

    D.A. for all the people who dislike him makes the opposing teams defense respect his ability to throw downfield as was shown against the Lions

    You are not scaring many defenses with Brady Quinn and his dink and dunks, and the Quinn lovers will tell all about his game against Denver last year and quickly blame his finger on his poor games against the Bills and Texans......Imo its obvious now why he lasted until the end of round 1

    I don't feel the Browns quarterback of the future is on this 2009 roster......

    And he would prove them wrong with 6 points going over the top. I am so tired of hearing he is afraid to go deep. It's such a load of crap.

  • @sony-reed said:

    I am so tired of hearing people talking about Brady Quinn and he would be the better game manager, everytime I here people talking about saying a quarterback is a game manager is like saying he is not good enough to win games by passing when the defense knows he has to pass to win the game.

    Imo, I believe that Eric Mangini feels that Derek Anderson gives this team the best chance to win games this season, because if you start Brady Quinn teams are going to line 8-9 men in the box and take Brady's short passes away because he seems afraid to go downfield.

    D.A. for all the people who dislike him makes the opposing teams defense respect his ability to throw downfield as was shown against the Lions

    You are not scaring many defenses with Brady Quinn and his dink and dunks, and the Quinn lovers will tell all about his game against Denver last year and quickly blame his finger on his poor games against the Bills and Texans......Imo its obvious now why he lasted until the end of round 1

    I don't feel the Browns quarterback of the future is on this 2009 roster......

    And he would prove them wrong with 6 points going over the top. I am so tired of hearing he is afraid to go deep. It's such a load of crap.

    @sez.ej said:

    And he would prove them wrong with 6 points going over the top.

    he would if he could.