Skip to content

How bout that Sanchez vs Ratbirds Shep?

The Browns Board
33 17 1.7k
  • What was so impressive about him?

  • He looked awesome last week. He looked even worse this week so far than he looked awesome last week. Tough defense tough environment in his second game. He'll be alright.

  • Monday Night Football on now.

    First pass by him tonight was a Pick 6 to DT Natta. After they get the ball back, his next pass was directly into 52's hands but he dropped it or it's another pick 6 in 2 pass attempts. He looks a little tense.

    Game just started at 8pm.

    I'm just ribbin Shep! I know you have a little man/QB love for him 🙂

  • Monday Night Football on now.

    First pass by him tonight was a Pick 6 to DT Natta. After they get the ball back, his next pass was directly into 52's hands but he dropped it or it's another pick 6 in 2 pass attempts. He looks a little tense.

    Game just started at 8pm.

    I'm just ribbin Shep! I know you have a little man/QB love for him 🙂

    @dan-in-florida said:

    Monday Night Football on now.

    First pass by him tonight was a Pick 6 to DT Natta. After they get the ball back, his next pass was directly into 52's hands but he dropped it. He looks a little tense.

    Game just started at 8pm.

    I'm just ribbin Shep!

    Thanks, was Shep having Sanchezian fantasies?

  • He looked awesome last week. He looked even worse this week so far than he looked awesome last week. Tough defense tough environment in his second game. He'll be alright.

    @dtbh said:

    He looked awesome last week. He looked even worse this week so far than he looked awesome last week. Tough defense tough environment in his second game. He'll be alright.

    I agree, though I think he'd be better off sitting this year.

    When Matt Ryan faced the Ravens during last year's preseason, he went 2/7 for 17 yards. It's a very tough matchup for a rookie QB.

  • I don't know what the fascination is with Sanchez for some of you guys. You all wet yourselves over his last PRESEASON game when he was only 3 for 4. ONE GAME...now look at him. First 2 passes should have been pick 6 TDs. First one was.

    I live in the Mission Viejo area and went to Mission before Mark got there. Saw a lot of his games. He's good. But, some of you guys think he's the next Joe Namath from three for four?

    He's still a rookie....

  • hes only played 1 year of college ball, any thought of him being good anytime soon is just wishful thinking.

  • @dtbh said:

    He looked awesome last week. He looked even worse this week so far than he looked awesome last week. Tough defense tough environment in his second game. He'll be alright.

    I agree, though I think he'd be better off sitting this year.

    When Matt Ryan faced the Ravens during last year's preseason, he went 2/7 for 17 yards. It's a very tough matchup for a rookie QB.

    Aloysius said:

    I agree, though I think he'd be better off sitting this year.

    When Matt Ryan faced the Ravens during last year's preseason, he went 2/7 for 17 yards. It's a very tough matchup for a rookie QB.

    He's a rookie and will play like one for awhile. I think he is far from a finished product.

  • he's decent right now but will improve, he has a high ceiling.

    I'm just really glad the Browns didn't pick him, I remember during the draft they showed Sanchez standing in front of a framed Jurevicius jersey, and it made me cringe, thinking that the Browns were about to pick him(thank god they didn't). If they picked Sanchez, I think the ultimate QB controversy would have happened in Cleveland, the biggest in the history of football.

  • Monday Night Football on now.

    First pass by him tonight was a Pick 6 to DT Natta. After they get the ball back, his next pass was directly into 52's hands but he dropped it or it's another pick 6 in 2 pass attempts. He looks a little tense.

    Game just started at 8pm.

    I'm just ribbin Shep! I know you have a little man/QB love for him 🙂

    @dan-in-florida said:

    First pass by him tonight was a Pick 6 to DT Natta.

    I'd rather have Haloti than Sanchez.....

  • @dan-in-florida said:

    First pass by him tonight was a Pick 6 to DT Natta.

    I'd rather have Haloti than Sanchez.....

    @squintz said:

    I'd rather have Haloti than Sanchez.....

    yeah haha, it's always funny to see a NT pick a pass and then return it for a TD. fat man running, we could have had Ngata if it weren't for Savage(WIMBLEY) though.

  • he's decent right now but will improve, he has a high ceiling.

    I'm just really glad the Browns didn't pick him, I remember during the draft they showed Sanchez standing in front of a framed Jurevicius jersey, and it made me cringe, thinking that the Browns were about to pick him(thank god they didn't). If they picked Sanchez, I think the ultimate QB controversy would have happened in Cleveland, the biggest in the history of football.

    @beefjerky said:

    he's decent right now but will improve, he has a high ceiling.

    I'm just really glad the Browns didn't pick him, I remember during the draft they showed Sanchez standing in front of a framed Jurevicius jersey, and it made me cringe, thinking that the Browns were about to pick him(thank god they didn't). If they picked Sanchez, I think the ultimate QB controversy would have happened in Cleveland, in the history of football.

    Does he have a higher ceiling than Quinn or not? Whaddya think?

    Anyway, you guys seen that TD pass Sanchez threw. It was accurate and precise. I have yet to set a pass that accurate from both of our QBs(points at Quinn)

  • He made A nice pass.

    I haven't see enough of Sanchez or Quinn to answer that.

  • He made A nice pass.

    I haven't see enough of Sanchez or Quinn to answer that.

    @dan-in-florida said:

    He made A nice pass.

    I haven't see enough of Sanchez or Quinn to answer that.

    +1, which is exactly why they should give Quinn an 6-8 game leash to see what he's made of, unless DA starts to play like he did against Detroit more consistently(which is the main problem I have with DA). I would say Quinn is the better game manager, and DA is the better play maker, so I can see why Mangini says the QB competition is very close.

    as for comparing Sanchez and Quinn, I have no idea but I think Quinn will turn out to be the better game manager(less picks, good decisions, reading defenses well..etc.) more than likely.

  • i hate the Ravens, but i do enjoy watching their defense. They are just a swarming, head banging bunch of tough football players. i miss that.

  • @dan-in-florida said:

    First pass by him tonight was a Pick 6 to DT Natta.

    I'd rather have Haloti than Sanchez.....

    @squintz said:

    I'd rather have Haloti than Sanchez.....

    Reminds me of this tweet from former Ravens/Browns scout Daniel Jeremiah:

    Daniel Jeremiah said:

    I remember after we picked Ngata in BLT, Belicheck called Ozzie and said, "You guys just got the best player in the draft."
  • i hate the Ravens, but i do enjoy watching their defense. They are just a swarming, head banging bunch of tough football players. i miss that.

    @roach said:

    i hate the Ravens, but i do enjoy watching their defense. They are just a swarming, head banging bunch of tough football players. i miss that.

    And you have to appreciate how they develop talent, particularly on defense.

    They have two second year guys battling to replace Bart Scott, Jameel McClain and Tavares Gooden. So far, McClain's got 6 tackles, a TFL, and a pick six; Gooden's got 4 tackles and a sack.

  • I don't know what the fascination is with Sanchez for some of you guys. You all wet yourselves over his last PRESEASON game when he was only 3 for 4. ONE GAME...now look at him. First 2 passes should have been pick 6 TDs. First one was.

    I live in the Mission Viejo area and went to Mission before Mark got there. Saw a lot of his games. He's good. But, some of you guys think he's the next Joe Namath from three for four?

    He's still a rookie....

    @socaldog said:

    I don't know what the fascination is with Sanchez for some of you guys. You all wet yourselves over his last PRESEASON game when he was only 3 for 4. ONE GAME...now look at him. First 2 passes should have been pick 6 TDs. First one was.

    I live in the Mission Viejo area and went to Mission before Mark got there. Saw a lot of his games. He's good. But, some of you guys think he's the next Joe Namath from three for four?

    He's still a rookie....

    Willie Joe wasn't all that great, check out his career stats............

    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NamaJo00.htm

  • @shepwrite said:

    Sanchez has Quinn's intangibles, a little more arm, and is consistently accurate with his passes. But that doesn't mean he stops being a rookie in his second preseason game facing the Ravens' defense.

    Still, he rallied and closed strong. I like him more than Stafford, frankly, and more than whatsisname the Raven's QB (brain isn't on yet). I think he'll be an excellent quarterback in this league.

    Sanchez sucked donkey balls. He didn't even know what the hell was going on. The only reason anybody is still on his bandwagon this morning is because Jaws was suckin him off the whole time.

    Stafford has looked like shit too. There's no way in hell he should start game 1. I saw him toss a pick 6 in the 3rd qtr vs the Falcons, and then make the exact same play on his first play vs the Browns.

    Flacco can throw the ball. Last night he looked like Anderson did on Saturday. For the folks who say "Anderson can't take us there" take a look at Balt. Put a killer defense and a three-headed power running game with a QB with a strong arm and you get a free ticket to the AFC championship game.

    And we all know why the Ravens selected Flacco in the first place (because Anderson beat them twice in 2007)

  • @shepwrite said:

    Sanchez has Quinn's intangibles, a little more arm, and is consistently accurate with his passes. But that doesn't mean he stops being a rookie in his second preseason game facing the Ravens' defense.

    Still, he rallied and closed strong. I like him more than Stafford, frankly, and more than whatsisname the Raven's QB (brain isn't on yet). I think he'll be an excellent quarterback in this league.

    Sanchez sucked donkey balls. He didn't even know what the hell was going on. The only reason anybody is still on his bandwagon this morning is because Jaws was suckin him off the whole time.

    Stafford has looked like shit too. There's no way in hell he should start game 1. I saw him toss a pick 6 in the 3rd qtr vs the Falcons, and then make the exact same play on his first play vs the Browns.

    Flacco can throw the ball. Last night he looked like Anderson did on Saturday. For the folks who say "Anderson can't take us there" take a look at Balt. Put a killer defense and a three-headed power running game with a QB with a strong arm and you get a free ticket to the AFC championship game.

    And we all know why the Ravens selected Flacco in the first place (because Anderson beat them twice in 2007)

    @lumbergh said:

    Sanchez sucked donkey balls. He didn't even know what the hell was going on. The only reason anybody is still on his bandwagon this morning is because Jaws was suckin him off the whole time.

    Stafford has looked like shit too. There's no way in hell he should start game 1. I saw him toss a pick 6 in the 3rd qtr vs the Falcons, and then make the exact same play on his first play vs the Browns.

    Flacco can throw the ball. Last night he looked like Anderson did on Saturday. For the folks who say "Anderson can't take us there" take a look at Balt. Put a killer defense and a three-headed power running game with a QB with a strong arm and you get a free ticket to the AFC championship game.

    And we all know why the Ravens selected Flacco in the first place (because Anderson beat them twice in 2007)

    To may things wrong with that post to even begin.