Skip to content

How bout that Sanchez vs Ratbirds Shep?

The Browns Board
33 17 1.7k
  • R roach wrote on last edited by
    #16

    i hate the Ravens, but i do enjoy watching their defense. They are just a swarming, head banging bunch of tough football players. i miss that.

  • @dan-in-florida said:

    First pass by him tonight was a Pick 6 to DT Natta.

    I'd rather have Haloti than Sanchez.....

    ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @squintz said:

    I'd rather have Haloti than Sanchez.....

    Reminds me of this tweet from former Ravens/Browns scout Daniel Jeremiah:

    Daniel Jeremiah said:

    I remember after we picked Ngata in BLT, Belicheck called Ozzie and said, "You guys just got the best player in the draft."
  • i hate the Ravens, but i do enjoy watching their defense. They are just a swarming, head banging bunch of tough football players. i miss that.

    ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @roach said:

    i hate the Ravens, but i do enjoy watching their defense. They are just a swarming, head banging bunch of tough football players. i miss that.

    And you have to appreciate how they develop talent, particularly on defense.

    They have two second year guys battling to replace Bart Scott, Jameel McClain and Tavares Gooden. So far, McClain's got 6 tackles, a TFL, and a pick six; Gooden's got 4 tackles and a sack.

  • I don't know what the fascination is with Sanchez for some of you guys. You all wet yourselves over his last PRESEASON game when he was only 3 for 4. ONE GAME...now look at him. First 2 passes should have been pick 6 TDs. First one was.

    I live in the Mission Viejo area and went to Mission before Mark got there. Saw a lot of his games. He's good. But, some of you guys think he's the next Joe Namath from three for four?

    He's still a rookie....

    B Brownshirt wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @socaldog said:

    I don't know what the fascination is with Sanchez for some of you guys. You all wet yourselves over his last PRESEASON game when he was only 3 for 4. ONE GAME...now look at him. First 2 passes should have been pick 6 TDs. First one was.

    I live in the Mission Viejo area and went to Mission before Mark got there. Saw a lot of his games. He's good. But, some of you guys think he's the next Joe Namath from three for four?

    He's still a rookie....

    Willie Joe wasn't all that great, check out his career stats............

    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NamaJo00.htm

  • LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @shepwrite said:

    Sanchez has Quinn's intangibles, a little more arm, and is consistently accurate with his passes. But that doesn't mean he stops being a rookie in his second preseason game facing the Ravens' defense.

    Still, he rallied and closed strong. I like him more than Stafford, frankly, and more than whatsisname the Raven's QB (brain isn't on yet). I think he'll be an excellent quarterback in this league.

    Sanchez sucked donkey balls. He didn't even know what the hell was going on. The only reason anybody is still on his bandwagon this morning is because Jaws was suckin him off the whole time.

    Stafford has looked like shit too. There's no way in hell he should start game 1. I saw him toss a pick 6 in the 3rd qtr vs the Falcons, and then make the exact same play on his first play vs the Browns.

    Flacco can throw the ball. Last night he looked like Anderson did on Saturday. For the folks who say "Anderson can't take us there" take a look at Balt. Put a killer defense and a three-headed power running game with a QB with a strong arm and you get a free ticket to the AFC championship game.

    And we all know why the Ravens selected Flacco in the first place (because Anderson beat them twice in 2007)

  • @shepwrite said:

    Sanchez has Quinn's intangibles, a little more arm, and is consistently accurate with his passes. But that doesn't mean he stops being a rookie in his second preseason game facing the Ravens' defense.

    Still, he rallied and closed strong. I like him more than Stafford, frankly, and more than whatsisname the Raven's QB (brain isn't on yet). I think he'll be an excellent quarterback in this league.

    Sanchez sucked donkey balls. He didn't even know what the hell was going on. The only reason anybody is still on his bandwagon this morning is because Jaws was suckin him off the whole time.

    Stafford has looked like shit too. There's no way in hell he should start game 1. I saw him toss a pick 6 in the 3rd qtr vs the Falcons, and then make the exact same play on his first play vs the Browns.

    Flacco can throw the ball. Last night he looked like Anderson did on Saturday. For the folks who say "Anderson can't take us there" take a look at Balt. Put a killer defense and a three-headed power running game with a QB with a strong arm and you get a free ticket to the AFC championship game.

    And we all know why the Ravens selected Flacco in the first place (because Anderson beat them twice in 2007)

    ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @lumbergh said:

    Sanchez sucked donkey balls. He didn't even know what the hell was going on. The only reason anybody is still on his bandwagon this morning is because Jaws was suckin him off the whole time.

    Stafford has looked like shit too. There's no way in hell he should start game 1. I saw him toss a pick 6 in the 3rd qtr vs the Falcons, and then make the exact same play on his first play vs the Browns.

    Flacco can throw the ball. Last night he looked like Anderson did on Saturday. For the folks who say "Anderson can't take us there" take a look at Balt. Put a killer defense and a three-headed power running game with a QB with a strong arm and you get a free ticket to the AFC championship game.

    And we all know why the Ravens selected Flacco in the first place (because Anderson beat them twice in 2007)

    To may things wrong with that post to even begin.

  • @lumbergh said:

    Sanchez sucked donkey balls. He didn't even know what the hell was going on. The only reason anybody is still on his bandwagon this morning is because Jaws was suckin him off the whole time.

    Stafford has looked like shit too. There's no way in hell he should start game 1. I saw him toss a pick 6 in the 3rd qtr vs the Falcons, and then make the exact same play on his first play vs the Browns.

    Flacco can throw the ball. Last night he looked like Anderson did on Saturday. For the folks who say "Anderson can't take us there" take a look at Balt. Put a killer defense and a three-headed power running game with a QB with a strong arm and you get a free ticket to the AFC championship game.

    And we all know why the Ravens selected Flacco in the first place (because Anderson beat them twice in 2007)

    To may things wrong with that post to even begin.

    LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Masters said:

    To may things wrong with that post to even begin.

    sorry to disrupt the "it factor" parade.

    you can now get back to the discussion of greatest QBs of all time, Sanchez-Leinart-Chris Simms-Brady Quinn

  • T Timugen wrote on last edited by Timugen
    #23

    Sorry shep, but Sanchez just looked godawful out there, rookie or not. A pick six to a 360lb NT (shoulda had another on the very next pass, too,) delays of game, a fumbled handoff, happy feet in general.

    But most of all....the dude just looked scared out there. Not "rattled," but piss-your-pants fcuking SCARED.

    He may interview well, say the right things, and may have looked like a world-beater playing for the pro football team in LA going against the Notre Dames of the world, but the only "IT" factor I saw last night was the shIT dribbling down his leg.

  • Masters said:

    To may things wrong with that post to even begin.

    sorry to disrupt the "it factor" parade.

    you can now get back to the discussion of greatest QBs of all time, Sanchez-Leinart-Chris Simms-Brady Quinn

    ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @lumbergh said:

    sorry to disrupt the "it factor" parade.

    you can now get back to the discussion of greatest QBs of all time, Sanchez-Leinart-Chris Simms-Brady Quinn

    Never said anything of the sort about them. In fact, I have always been down on Leinart and Sanchez. But keep sticking your foot in your mouth Chuckles.

  • ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #25

    I am thinking no one watched Sanchez's last drive. He certainly had a lot of bad in his night, but he had a lot of promising things if you watched that last drive of his.

    Keep in mind I did not think highly of him coming out, and still have my doubts about him working out in the pros.

  • I am thinking no one watched Sanchez's last drive. He certainly had a lot of bad in his night, but he had a lot of promising things if you watched that last drive of his.

    Keep in mind I did not think highly of him coming out, and still have my doubts about him working out in the pros.

    T Timugen wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Masters said:

    I am thinking no one watched Sanchez's last drive. He certainly had a lot of bad in his night, but he had a lot of promising things if you watched that last drive of his.

    Keep in mind I did not think highly of him coming out, and still have my doubts about him working out in the pros.

    Oh, you mean the one in which Ray Lewis and Ed Reed were on the sideline?

    Yeah I saw that one.

    Unfortunately, I also saw every single snap he took with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed on the field. The boy was SCARED.

  • I am thinking no one watched Sanchez's last drive. He certainly had a lot of bad in his night, but he had a lot of promising things if you watched that last drive of his.

    Keep in mind I did not think highly of him coming out, and still have my doubts about him working out in the pros.

    LumberghL Lumbergh wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Masters said:

    I am thinking no one watched Sanchez's last drive. He certainly had a lot of bad in his night, but he had a lot of promising things if you watched that last drive of his.

    A sack, a fumble where he forgot it was a pass play and not a run, a miscommunicated hot read with a WR, and 3 completions to a running back.

    He certainly turned the corner.

  • Masters said:

    I am thinking no one watched Sanchez's last drive. He certainly had a lot of bad in his night, but he had a lot of promising things if you watched that last drive of his.

    Keep in mind I did not think highly of him coming out, and still have my doubts about him working out in the pros.

    Oh, you mean the one in which Ray Lewis and Ed Reed were on the sideline?

    Yeah I saw that one.

    Unfortunately, I also saw every single snap he took with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed on the field. The boy was SCARED.

    ? Masters wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @timugen said:

    Oh, you mean the one in which Ray Lewis and Ed Reed were on the sideline?

    Yeah I saw that one.

    Unfortunately, I also saw every single snap he took with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed on the field. The boy was SCARED.

    The boy was confused, and rightfully so. BALT gives guys like Peyton and Brady fits.

    So we just ignore him rebounding, showing poise, and good reads (inlcuding the quick check to his WR, and the WR missed the check at the line) because Lewis and Reed went to the bench? I know I don't and feel pretty comfortable in saying the Jets coachs aren't going to either.

  • Dan in FloridaD Dan in Florida wrote on last edited by Dan in Florida
    #29

    Sorry Guys & Lumbergh,

    TAKE THIS (DA vs BQ) DISCUSSION TO ONE OF THE 20 OTHER DA VS BQ THREADS!

    Lumbergh brought the hate discussion here.

    Sanchez or I get posts removed.

    THANK YOU! 🙂

  • ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Jay Glazer said:

    The future is now in New York.

    Mark Sanchez was the No. 5 selection in April's NFL Draft.

    The Jets have seen enough of rookie Mark Sanchez and Kellen Clemens to determine a starter.

    Coach Rex Ryan has informed the QBs this morning that Sanchez will be the starter, FOXSports.com has learned.

    Despite a rough start against the Ravens in his last preseason game, Sanchez never lost his cool and battled back. The team has been impressed with his command of the huddle and the offense. Sources say the team has been impressed with how much he has not looked like a rookie. Drafted out of USC, Sanchez has gone 6-of-12 in two preseason games, with one touchdown pass and one interception.

    Clemens, in his fourth season, is 9-of-14 for 84 yards in the preseason. He also has one score and one pick. Entering his fourth season with the Jets after being a second-round pick in 2006, Clemens also had a solid but unspectacular camp, but threw 12 interceptions compared to the rookie's five.

    Sanchez is going to have a tough first four games. Calvin Pace will be out due to suspension, and Shaun Ellis will miss the opener. If the defense struggles, Dirty will be forced to air it out to keep up with the competition.

    Also, he faces the Pats and Titans in Weeks 2 and 3. Those are two very tough matchups for a rookie QB.

  • T Tobalaz wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @jadbf said:

    So in other words. make the rest of the team so good you don't need a competent QB....Gotcha!

    Exactly, Trent f'n Dillweed!

    Need I say more?

  • Masters said:

    To may things wrong with that post to even begin.

    sorry to disrupt the "it factor" parade.

    you can now get back to the discussion of greatest QBs of all time, Sanchez-Leinart-Chris Simms-Brady Quinn

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @lumbergh said:

    sorry to disrupt the "it factor" parade.

    you can now get back to the discussion of greatest QBs of all time, Sanchez-Leinart-Chris Simms-Brady Quinn

    LOL! What's with the Tonya Harding act Loverboy? All that wishing your hometown hero had brains is spewing over into other topics now.

    - Tom F.

  • Masters said:

    I am thinking no one watched Sanchez's last drive. He certainly had a lot of bad in his night, but he had a lot of promising things if you watched that last drive of his.

    Keep in mind I did not think highly of him coming out, and still have my doubts about him working out in the pros.

    Oh, you mean the one in which Ray Lewis and Ed Reed were on the sideline?

    Yeah I saw that one.

    Unfortunately, I also saw every single snap he took with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed on the field. The boy was SCARED.

    Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @timugen said:

    Oh, you mean the one in which Ray Lewis and Ed Reed were on the sideline?

    Yeah I saw that one.

    Unfortunately, I also saw every single snap he took with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed on the field. The boy was SCARED.

    To be fair, Ray-Ray did stab a guy.