Skip to content

TUESDAY Aug 25 PRACTICE UPDATES!

The Browns Board
19 11 2.1k
  • @dtbh said:

    I thought Poole was the FS and Elam was the SS?

    Poole was FS last year while Jones was SS and I'm sure he still is... must be a typo.

    You are correct, Pool is FS

    @bowman said:

    You are correct, Pool is FS

    Technically Pool is the FS but the safties are interchangable in Mangini's system. They both need to be able to play like a FS and both need to be able to come up in run support. Just a little bit more flexability when either can come up or stay back.

  • Robiskie to be cut? I am starting to wonder if the guy can play in the league........

    @restinpeace said:

    Robiskie to be cut? I am starting to wonder if the guy can play in the league........

    are you a friggin moron or is it that you just don't know anything about football.

  • @restinpeace said:

    Robiskie to be cut? I am starting to wonder if the guy can play in the league........

    are you a friggin moron or is it that you just don't know anything about football.

    @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    are you a friggin moron or is it that you just don't know anything about football.

    A friggin moron? Why? Because Robiskie has been so "undefineable" bad that even in these scripted practices, everybody says Robiskie is over his head?

    Mangini's answer was also...........disheartening.

  • @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    are you a friggin moron or is it that you just don't know anything about football.

    A friggin moron? Why? Because Robiskie has been so "undefineable" bad that even in these scripted practices, everybody says Robiskie is over his head?

    Mangini's answer was also...........disheartening.

    @restinpeace said:

    A friggin moron? Why? Because Robiskie has been so "undefineable" bad that even in these scripted practices, everybody says Robiskie is over his head?

    Mangini's answer was also...........disheartening.

    When did Mangini say that? I certainly have seen or heard him say that.

    No one I know whose been to camp said this of him. It also hasn't been said in a single camp report I have read from any source. Every report has said he is as polished as advertised

    So where exactly does this "underfineable" bad come from? Or Robiskie being in over his head? Who is this everybody?

  • @restinpeace said:

    A friggin moron? Why? Because Robiskie has been so "undefineable" bad that even in these scripted practices, everybody says Robiskie is over his head?

    Mangini's answer was also...........disheartening.

    When did Mangini say that? I certainly have seen or heard him say that.

    No one I know whose been to camp said this of him. It also hasn't been said in a single camp report I have read from any source. Every report has said he is as polished as advertised

    So where exactly does this "underfineable" bad come from? Or Robiskie being in over his head? Who is this everybody?

    Masters said:

    When did Mangini say that? I certainly have seen or heard him say that.

    No one I know whose been to camp said this of him. It also hasn't been said in a single camp report I have read from any source. Every report has said he is as polished as advertised

    So where exactly does this "underfineable" bad come from? Or Robiskie being in over his head? Who is this everybody?

    RIP huff's paint and then goes and watches the neighborhood kids play alley-ball. He just THINKS he's watching the browns.

  • Grossi on how the QB's looked:

    Tony Grossi said:

    Quarterback derby: Both quarterbacks threw well and accurately in most drills. Derek Anderson, in particular, had his tight spiral impaling receivers. But in the two-minute drill at the end, both quarterbacks were typically unspectacular. Anderson drove the No. 1 team from the 20 to the defense's 39. He was victimized by one drop and three offensive penalties. Brady Quinn moved the No. 2 team from the 20 to the defense's 46. He suffered a drop by Martin Rucker and one offensive penalty. Quinn's final pass for Brian Robiskie nose-dived to the ground.
  • @bowman said:

    You are correct, Pool is FS

    Technically Pool is the FS but the safties are interchangable in Mangini's system. They both need to be able to play like a FS and both need to be able to come up in run support. Just a little bit more flexability when either can come up or stay back.

    @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    Technically Pool is the FS but the safties are interchangable in Mangini's system. They both need to be able to play like a FS and both need to be able to come up in run support. Just a little bit more flexability when either can come up or stay back.

    The folks at the OBR are hearing that Pool suffered a mild concussion in the Lions game and could be out a couple weeks.

  • @shepwrite said:

    Grossi's notes said James Davis and David Veikune got a lot of work with the first units. Either this team was way worse than I thought or this was one hell of a draft class. Maybe a little of both.

    You know, as of last Thursday, I was certain Quinn would start the opener. I'm becoming less sure. Again.

    Dude, nothing has changed, Derek followed up a decent 1st quarter with a pick. Classic DA. Quinn (with his limited reps) did well but was held back by 2 penalties by mr. St clair.

    as far as starting the rookies, I think its the right thing to do whether they are showing they are clearly better than the vets or not. If you are drafting someone in the first few rounds, you expect them to start at some point, throw them into the fire now so they can get actual real gametime reps, and progress quicker. Yeah they might get shat on in the beginning, but they will hit their stride sooner, and keep it longer

  • @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    are you a friggin moron or is it that you just don't know anything about football.

    A friggin moron? Why? Because Robiskie has been so "undefineable" bad that even in these scripted practices, everybody says Robiskie is over his head?

    Mangini's answer was also...........disheartening.

    @restinpeace said:

    A friggin moron? Why? Because Robiskie has been so "undefineable" bad that even in these scripted practices, everybody says Robiskie is over his head?

    Mangini's answer was also...........disheartening.

    HAhahahahaahahahah. When was the last time a second round receiver(almost first round) was cut before the season started? I have heard and SEEN up and down things from Robo, only you have stated hes been disastrous. Maybe he wasn't as polished as was thought, but the talent is still there.

    Pessimism at its finest.

  • @inspecta said:

    I'm starting to think RIP is somebody we've seen before on this board.....

    spooky isnt it?

  • @inspecta said:

    I'm starting to think RIP is somebody we've seen before on this board.....

    spooky isnt it?

    AdaM said:

    spooky isnt it?

    Dangit! You mean I've been caught in Goolie's trap?

    Didn't even see it coming! Nice job Goolie., ya got me.

    BTW, can't spell his name right, because it changes automatically to Tom V., just like Rapelisberger