Camp Battles / Browns Training Camp 2021
-
Let's Go! We got the lucky Denzel Ward 21 days to discuss..
Topic 1.. Who's got a better idea to fix this Defensive Turnover Chain?
Just Don't ask the Haslam's ?
I'll be sticking with this one!
A.) We might want to keep this... to 2* of your Favorite position Camp Battles.. This is just a warming up link... https://dawgpounddaily.com/2021/06/09/5-cleveland-browns-roster-bubble/
B.) Who's your top 3 on the Browns roster Bubble ? ?
Ready! Break! ?
-
DB at heart.
Newsome v Greedy
-
DB at heart.
Newsome v Greedy
Sticking with the little guys...
- Harrison v Delpit
And now the beef...
- Wilson v Billings - both look to be vying for the starting 0/1 tech role.
- Hudson v Hubbard - both will stick, but who ends up being the first off the bench in the Swing OL role?
- Teller v Forbes-Hance-Dunn - with Teller looking unaffordable down the line nothing would please our FO more than one of the others challenging for the starting RG slot... or even winning it... freeing Teller up for trade possibilities.
I know... that's more than two... but there's a lot of competition looming. Ain't it great?
Besides tia only used one of his...
-
DB at heart.
Newsome v Greedy
It's not just me! ? I'll watch ?.. giving the early nod to Newsome
NFL CB's have the toughest position to play in all of major sports..(rules & refs included) It sure would be nice to keep 4-5 good, healthy ones down our depth chart.. Ward.Hill.Greedy.Newsome.Stewart ?
I'm camp willing, to watch what we paid for in keeping CB AJ Green on the PS... While cursing the ? mercy gods when watching Robert Jackson play in front of him ?...
tells me we might have a spot left, for one of the un-fab 5? Green/Allen/Jackson/Rugamba/Thomas (Kiondre)... Don't see Woods keeping more than 6 active corners?
-
DB at heart.
Newsome v Greedy
Sticking with the little guys...
- Harrison v Delpit
And now the beef...
- Wilson v Billings - both look to be vying for the starting 0/1 tech role.
- Hudson v Hubbard - both will stick, but who ends up being the first off the bench in the Swing OL role?
- Teller v Forbes-Hance-Dunn - with Teller looking unaffordable down the line nothing would please our FO more than one of the others challenging for the starting RG slot... or even winning it... freeing Teller up for trade possibilities.
I know... that's more than two... but there's a lot of competition looming. Ain't it great?
Besides tia only used one of his...
Sticking with the little guys...
Gotta swim in the waters you know.
Though I might disagree about Wilson V Billings. Won't be a contest. Wilson is going to need this entire off season just to reshape his body and work on pad level.
It's not just me! ? I'll watch ?.. giving the early nod to Newsome
NFL CB's have the toughest position to play in all of major sports..(rules & refs included) It sure would be nice to keep 4-5 good, healthy ones down our depth chart.. Ward.Hill.Greedy.Newsome.Stewart ?
I'm camp willing, to watch what we paid for in keeping CB AJ Green on the PS... While cursing the ? mercy gods when watching Robert Jackson play in front of him ?...
tells me we might have a spot left, for one of the un-fab 5? Green/Allen/Jackson/Rugamba/Thomas (Kiondre)... Don't see Woods keeping more than 6 active corners?
Early nod to Newsome based on health. If not? Will be a good battle in camp and pre-season.
-
Sticking with the little guys...
Gotta swim in the waters you know.
Though I might disagree about Wilson V Billings. Won't be a contest. Wilson is going to need this entire off season just to reshape his body and work on pad level.
It's not just me! ? I'll watch ?.. giving the early nod to Newsome
NFL CB's have the toughest position to play in all of major sports..(rules & refs included) It sure would be nice to keep 4-5 good, healthy ones down our depth chart.. Ward.Hill.Greedy.Newsome.Stewart ?
I'm camp willing, to watch what we paid for in keeping CB AJ Green on the PS... While cursing the ? mercy gods when watching Robert Jackson play in front of him ?...
tells me we might have a spot left, for one of the un-fab 5? Green/Allen/Jackson/Rugamba/Thomas (Kiondre)... Don't see Woods keeping more than 6 active corners?
Early nod to Newsome based on health. If not? Will be a good battle in camp and pre-season.
Early nod to Newsome based on health. If not? Will be a good battle in camp and pre-season.
I see this clearly as one of the 3 camp battles thru the preseason the media will report to us on daily.. It's a important starting spot..
Hope is both will come in healthy enough to tackle..reported/they should. I favor Newsome's slightly thicker body frame over Greedy taking on WR2's.. When Newsome played? I favor his college tape over Greedy's.. thinking Wood's saw a better CB2 fit.. Plus! Will Greedy 'trust dip' that same injured shoulder?
I honestly think Greedy/ Newsome/ Ward still need coached up on 'breaking down with balance & eyes up before taking on hits'
Gregg Williams
MJ Stewart weighs 200lbs.. that extra 10-15 pounds over the other 3... can't hurt when it comes to sticking players in the dirt.. I'm open to seeing Ward & Greedy playing closer to the 190 playing weight coming into camp..
guessing I'm not against the new trend of tPackers 5' 10"'ish Jaire Alexander CB's playing at 196lbs..
-
Besides those mentioned which I agree on all of them
DPJ...I think he’s primed for a big time breakout and could push the “regulars” for more playing time.
Hooper vs. Njoku vs. Bryant. One is getting paid to start, the other is playing for another contract and last one is a second year guy drafted highish for that position. Should be a good battle.
Kicker. Cody Parker vs the Public
Return Specialist. Open competition.
-
DB at heart.
Newsome v Greedy
Sticking with the little guys...
- Harrison v Delpit
And now the beef...
- Wilson v Billings - both look to be vying for the starting 0/1 tech role.
- Hudson v Hubbard - both will stick, but who ends up being the first off the bench in the Swing OL role?
- Teller v Forbes-Hance-Dunn - with Teller looking unaffordable down the line nothing would please our FO more than one of the others challenging for the starting RG slot... or even winning it... freeing Teller up for trade possibilities.
I know... that's more than two... but there's a lot of competition looming. Ain't it great?
Besides tia only used one of his...
Sticking with the little guys...
- Harrison v Delpit Pleasant site after watching a 33 y'old Sendejo..added in with JJ3?.. call me tit-a-lated :-)
And now the beef...
- Wilson v Billings - both look to be vying for the starting 0/1 tech role. I just don't see what some see with Jordan Elliott..I do wish Garrett would tutor him on 'timing a snap count'.. I feel the DT3 spot could be a camp battle of Togiai vs Elliott ?
- Hudson v Hubbard - both will stick, but who ends up being the first off the bench in the Swing OL role? Hubbard.. if he's not traded? (Steelers?)
- Teller v Forbes-Hance-Dunn - with Teller looking unaffordable down the line nothing would please our FO more than one of the others challenging for the starting RG slot... or even winning it... freeing Teller up for trade possibilities. The good news is that Teller hit his Proven Performance Bonus going into the 2021 season, which we paid him almost 2.4M more for this Season... I'd say find a way to pay Teller & Joel thru 2023... Tretter feels like another veteran restruct coming up in 2022? Callahan gets another building year with Nick Harris...Or we draft/find another Center not named Nick Harris... stay tuned
I know... that's more than two... but there's a lot of competition looming. Ain't it great?

Besides tia only used one of his... ?
DPJ...I think he’s primed for a big time breakout and could push the “regulars” for more playing time. I like this thought! A lot!
Hooper vs. Njoku vs. Bryant. One is getting paid to start, the other is playing for another contract and last one is a second year guy drafted highish for that position. Should be a good battle. What's your thoughts on upgrading Stephen Carlson? I'm not over his hands team performance trapping balls between his tree trunk legs yet..? Luck went our way! But i won't mind peeking around the dumpster diving cut pile..
Kicker. Cody Parker vs the Public Our Lake Pigeon's call him Parkey
Return Specialist. Open competition. Call me lost on this one.. I feel the shifty one is Natson..but I think he lost his Rams job miss-fielding a few? And I'm with Dutch on DPJ.. But,i can add... Jones looks to be, the straightest upright mo'fo ever seen carrying that piano on his back.
I'll need a crashing obstacle course to see if Felton and or Schwartz can field a Scottish Hammer 60 yard camp cannon hangers...
...in for a penny, in for a pound...I'm sticking with D'E & Felton. Also, Jordan Elliot, Malik Jackson and Togiai.
I need my bank to count my monthly pennies, for those silly monthly fees ?
RB/ST/WR6...Like Hilliard.. I think we can bury one of D'E or Felton as a gameday inactive...If we try to protect one on PS? I think Berry won't risk losing Felton.. tad early to assess
DT--- I think the coaching staff will give Elliot every chance at DT3... I'll give Togiai 5 haslam game checks before taking that job away...
Edit-- Good Stuff gents! Keep'em coming...
-
I don't know how to figure out my favorite training camp battle.
But I'm intrigued with Higgins vs Peoples-Jones at third wr.
It's too early for Schwartz to win 3rd wr, although, I"m not sure it's a matter of "third".
Note: Schwartz's number is ten. Tyreek Hill's 's number... is ten. Watch how Schwartz eventually?
brings those kind of plays to the Browns offense.
The battle between D'Ernest and Felton is interesting bigtime, but I think the Browns keep both.
The Browns' staff will go through hell cutting the roster to 53.
How can Bradley, Willies, Hollins and Switzer all make the roster? Nope, I think.
as much as I supported Higgins, he might be the odd man out - Hodge and Peoples-Jones make that possible.
We never get to see HIggins much - I don't know why. But I think he could be traded.
-
Sticking with the little guys...
- Harrison v Delpit Pleasant site after watching a 33 y'old Sendejo..added in with JJ3?.. call me tit-a-lated :-)
And now the beef...
- Wilson v Billings - both look to be vying for the starting 0/1 tech role. I just don't see what some see with Jordan Elliott..I do wish Garrett would tutor him on 'timing a snap count'.. I feel the DT3 spot could be a camp battle of Togiai vs Elliott ?
- Hudson v Hubbard - both will stick, but who ends up being the first off the bench in the Swing OL role? Hubbard.. if he's not traded? (Steelers?)
- Teller v Forbes-Hance-Dunn - with Teller looking unaffordable down the line nothing would please our FO more than one of the others challenging for the starting RG slot... or even winning it... freeing Teller up for trade possibilities. The good news is that Teller hit his Proven Performance Bonus going into the 2021 season, which we paid him almost 2.4M more for this Season... I'd say find a way to pay Teller & Joel thru 2023... Tretter feels like another veteran restruct coming up in 2022? Callahan gets another building year with Nick Harris...Or we draft/find another Center not named Nick Harris... stay tuned
I know... that's more than two... but there's a lot of competition looming. Ain't it great?

Besides tia only used one of his... ?
DPJ...I think he’s primed for a big time breakout and could push the “regulars” for more playing time. I like this thought! A lot!
Hooper vs. Njoku vs. Bryant. One is getting paid to start, the other is playing for another contract and last one is a second year guy drafted highish for that position. Should be a good battle. What's your thoughts on upgrading Stephen Carlson? I'm not over his hands team performance trapping balls between his tree trunk legs yet..? Luck went our way! But i won't mind peeking around the dumpster diving cut pile..
Kicker. Cody Parker vs the Public Our Lake Pigeon's call him Parkey
Return Specialist. Open competition. Call me lost on this one.. I feel the shifty one is Natson..but I think he lost his Rams job miss-fielding a few? And I'm with Dutch on DPJ.. But,i can add... Jones looks to be, the straightest upright mo'fo ever seen carrying that piano on his back.
I'll need a crashing obstacle course to see if Felton and or Schwartz can field a Scottish Hammer 60 yard camp cannon hangers...
...in for a penny, in for a pound...I'm sticking with D'E & Felton. Also, Jordan Elliot, Malik Jackson and Togiai.
I need my bank to count my monthly pennies, for those silly monthly fees ?
RB/ST/WR6...Like Hilliard.. I think we can bury one of D'E or Felton as a gameday inactive...If we try to protect one on PS? I think Berry won't risk losing Felton.. tad early to assess
DT--- I think the coaching staff will give Elliot every chance at DT3... I'll give Togiai 5 haslam game checks before taking that job away...
Edit-- Good Stuff gents! Keep'em coming...
RB/ST/WR6...Like Hilliard..
Yeah. But Hilliard had 13 pounds on him. And D'E is almost 20 lbs heavier than Felton. I think if I were on D and I saw D'E come in the game I would watch for the run more than if Felton entered the game. For Felton I'd be watching for the pass or gadgetry involving him. Hopefully our OL will be talented enough to make any RB be able to get yards. Like the old Denver OL's where they'd lose their starting RB for the season and just go ahead and make an all star out of his backup.
-
I don't know how to figure out my favorite training camp battle.
But I'm intrigued with Higgins vs Peoples-Jones at third wr.
It's too early for Schwartz to win 3rd wr, although, I"m not sure it's a matter of "third".
Note: Schwartz's number is ten. Tyreek Hill's 's number... is ten. Watch how Schwartz eventually?
brings those kind of plays to the Browns offense.
The battle between D'Ernest and Felton is interesting bigtime, but I think the Browns keep both.
The Browns' staff will go through hell cutting the roster to 53.
How can Bradley, Willies, Hollins and Switzer all make the roster? Nope, I think.
as much as I supported Higgins, he might be the odd man out - Hodge and Peoples-Jones make that possible.
We never get to see HIggins much - I don't know why. But I think he could be traded.
I don't know how to figure out my favorite training camp battle.
But I'm intrigued with Higgins vs Peoples-Jones at third wr.
It's too early for Schwartz to win 3rd wr, although, I"m not sure it's a matter of "third".
Note: Schwartz's number is ten. Schwartz's number... is ten. Watch how Schwartz eventually?
brings those kind of plays to the Browns offense.
The battle between D'Ernest and Felton is interesting bigtime, but I think the Browns keep both.
The Browns' staff will go through hell cutting the roster to 53.
How can Bradley, Willies, Hollins and Switzer all make the roster? Nope, I think.
as much as I supported Higgins, he might be the odd man out - Hodge and Peoples-Jones make that possible.
We never get to see HIggins much - I don't know why. But I think he could be traded.
I might be completely out of my mind, but in no way, shape or form could I see Hodge beating out Hollywood. Air guitar or no air guitar. DPJ…I could see that, maybe.
-
RB/ST/WR6...Like Hilliard..
Yeah. But Hilliard had 13 pounds on him. And D'E is almost 20 lbs heavier than Felton. I think if I were on D and I saw D'E come in the game I would watch for the run more than if Felton entered the game. For Felton I'd be watching for the pass or gadgetry involving him. Hopefully our OL will be talented enough to make any RB be able to get yards. Like the old Denver OL's where they'd lose their starting RB for the season and just go ahead and make an all star out of his backup.
^^ Here's a nice 3 way camp battle just waiting to happen ^^ Hodge & DPJ scores very well on Special Teams.. and Higgins has learned how to block
Yeah. But Hilliard had 13 pounds on him. And D'E is almost 20 lbs heavier than Felton. I think if I were on D and I saw D'E come in the game I would watch for the run more than if Felton entered the game. For Felton I'd be watching for the pass or gadgetry involving him. Hopefully our OL will be talented enough to make any RB be able to get yards. Like the old Denver OL's where they'd lose their starting RB for the season and just go ahead and make an all star out of his backup.
All good points! Ya nailed Denver's old rushing attack.. adding OL coach Mike Munchak won't hurt..
Every team needs a good back-up Hammer & Nail running back.. We all remember Kevin Mack as the Hammer & Ernest Byner as the nail..Crowell was once our vision-less Hammer..And than came along old Duke Johnson into the league.. Young Duke got so hammered going in-between the tackles, he soon forgot his last name was Johnson
.. It seemed like Hue wanted to protect Duke making him a role of a 3rd down back? I can see us with a Chubb hammer & 2 nails in Hunt & D'E & a Jano FB ..I was never sure where Felton was going to fit, soon after we drafted Schwartz? ? (a say all this to say" Let's use Felton a nail not a Hammer) We also now have a better interior OL than Crow & Duke were running into..Picture Chubb with Cam Erving's butt, 2 yards in his backfield ?
️
Just as Woods lost Delpit early..Stef lost his gadget guy Natson.. And maybe a half/whole play call sheet of gadget-ness, he never had a chance to call with the right personal.. Schwartz/Natson/Felton should fill those gadget play sheet calls.
imho..The true fact is.. Stef see's a TE & WR group that can now seal block edges & down field.. Stef can now design mismatch formations, from Backfield to LOS.. Two of Schwartz/Natson or Felton should have 8-10 yards of clean grass in front of them if they can only a.) get open & than b.) catch the football..
in ending..I really don't see Stef dictating to his opponents a 3rd down group plan of attack.. Like Sean McVay to Sean Payton..
Gadget plays can be called on any down, with mixing up your right player personal through out a game
-
I don't know how to figure out my favorite training camp battle.
But I'm intrigued with Higgins vs Peoples-Jones at third wr.
It's too early for Schwartz to win 3rd wr, although, I"m not sure it's a matter of "third".
Note: Schwartz's number is ten. Tyreek Hill's 's number... is ten. Watch how Schwartz eventually?
brings those kind of plays to the Browns offense.
The battle between D'Ernest and Felton is interesting bigtime, but I think the Browns keep both.
The Browns' staff will go through hell cutting the roster to 53.
How can Bradley, Willies, Hollins and Switzer all make the roster? Nope, I think.
as much as I supported Higgins, he might be the odd man out - Hodge and Peoples-Jones make that possible.
We never get to see HIggins much - I don't know why. But I think he could be traded.
I don't know how to figure out my favorite training camp battle.
But I'm intrigued with Higgins vs Peoples-Jones at third wr.
It's too early for Schwartz to win 3rd wr, although, I"m not sure it's a matter of "third".
Note: Schwartz's number is ten. Schwartz's number... is ten. Watch how Schwartz eventually?
brings those kind of plays to the Browns offense.
The battle between D'Ernest and Felton is interesting bigtime, but I think the Browns keep both.
The Browns' staff will go through hell cutting the roster to 53.
How can Bradley, Willies, Hollins and Switzer all make the roster? Nope, I think.
as much as I supported Higgins, he might be the odd man out - Hodge and Peoples-Jones make that possible.
We never get to see HIggins much - I don't know why. But I think he could be traded.
https://www.brownsnation.com/pff-names-rashard-higgins-as-browns-most-underrated-player/
The Baker/Higgins connection is undeniable I don’t think we’ve seen enough of Hodge to put any kind of lofty expectation on him
Also regarding Carlson, he’s a 4th TE, he’s capable when called upon and he knows the system 3rd season with the Browns. He’s a keeper.
-
crap. quoted twice before I could fix it to change it to "Tyreek Hill's number is ten". lol
and Carlson - you don't cut a guy who can do this stuff for his team: (pass interference...?)
-
crap. quoted twice before I could fix it to change it to "Tyreek Hill's number is ten". lol
and Carlson - you don't cut a guy who can do this stuff for his team: (pass interference...?)
and Carlson -
I have not been very high on him.....but that was one hell-of-a TD he manufactured there.
--------------------------------------------------
Now, what do ya do with THIS group? (somehow, Derrick Willies just doesn't go away.......I can't help but to root for him......even though there's no room for him)
Odell Beckham Jr. - 13 WR 5-11 198 28 8 LSUJa'Marcus Bradley - 84 WR 6-0 198 24 1 Louisiana-Lafayette
Rashard Higgins - 82 WR 6-1 198 26 6 Colorado State
KhaDarel Hodge - 12 WR 6-2 205 26 4 Prairie View A&M
Alexander Hollins - 83 WR 6-0 166 24 1 Eastern Illinois
Jarvis Landry - 80 WR 5-11 196 28 8 LSU
JoJo Natson - 19 WR 5-7 153 27 5 Akron
Donovan Peoples-Jones - 11 WR 6-2 212 22 2 Michigan
Anthony Schwartz - 10 WR 6-0 185 20 R Auburn
Ryan Switzer - 15 WR 5-9 183 26 4 North Carolina
Derrick Willies - 16 WR 6-4 207 26 2 Texas Tech
-
and Carlson -
I have not been very high on him.....but that was one hell-of-a TD he manufactured there.
--------------------------------------------------
Now, what do ya do with THIS group? (somehow, Derrick Willies just doesn't go away.......I can't help but to root for him......even though there's no room for him)
Odell Beckham Jr. - 13 WR 5-11 198 28 8 LSUJa'Marcus Bradley - 84 WR 6-0 198 24 1 Louisiana-Lafayette
Rashard Higgins - 82 WR 6-1 198 26 6 Colorado State
KhaDarel Hodge - 12 WR 6-2 205 26 4 Prairie View A&M
Alexander Hollins - 83 WR 6-0 166 24 1 Eastern Illinois
Jarvis Landry - 80 WR 5-11 196 28 8 LSU
JoJo Natson - 19 WR 5-7 153 27 5 Akron
Donovan Peoples-Jones - 11 WR 6-2 212 22 2 Michigan
Anthony Schwartz - 10 WR 6-0 185 20 R Auburn
Ryan Switzer - 15 WR 5-9 183 26 4 North Carolina
Derrick Willies - 16 WR 6-4 207 26 2 Texas Tech
(somehow, Derrick Willies just doesn't go away.......I can't help but to root for him......even though there's no room for him)
I'm drinking Crown & now laughing my as$ off...
1) SDBacker80- Likes DPJ to breakout (like)
2) Orion- Can't help but root for Derrick 'free' Willies (like)
3) Gumby's (tipsy) dumbass is still hoping somehow Porter Gustin has enough motor just to make the team ?... the guy has a heart of gold similar to another like of mine Jamie Meder
"Pierogi Prince of Parma." Gus'to
This thread is getting better than I thought ?
-
Zombo said:
If it wasn't for Jamie Meder we would have had back-to-back 0-16 Seasons, but he got his big paw on a SD FG, preserving an unlikely victory.
Our only one in two long years ?
He apparently was ignoring The Process.
-
Zombo said:
If it wasn't for Jamie Meder we would have had back-to-back 0-16 Seasons, but he got his big paw on a SD FG, preserving an unlikely victory.
Any better way to start a Good Morning Sunday?
Tell'em about the man from up the road in Ashland, Ohio Soloman Wilcox!
LoL...Would ya believe youtube has blocked* it's only decent video from being posted? ???Merry Christmas Cleveland 2016 ! ?
-
crap. quoted twice before I could fix it to change it to "Tyreek Hill's number is ten". lol
and Carlson - you don't cut a guy who can do this stuff for his team: (pass interference...?)
Carlson - you don't cut a guy who can do this stuff for his team: (pass interference...?)
On the other hand when you have to go back to 2019 to find a highlight...
PI? Not seeing it as Carlson reached back over the DB for the catch... contact was early, but Carlson "initiated" it by reversing course.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login