Camp Battles / Browns Training Camp 2021
-
Anyone else watch the scrimmage? It was cool. It seemed like it was mostly a rolling commentary with a few football plays sprinkled in.
Interviews with Joe Thomas and DePodesta were cool. They kept referring to Thomas as “Hof” (for hall of fame), but it took me far too long to figure that out. I thought they were saying “Hop” or “Hoth” and it was confusing because l felt like l was missing some Joe Thomas Easter bunny story or that he was some big Empire Strikes Back fan or something.
-
Anyone else watch the scrimmage? It was cool. It seemed like it was mostly a rolling commentary with a few football plays sprinkled in.
Interviews with Joe Thomas and DePodesta were cool. They kept referring to Thomas as “Hof” (for hall of fame), but it took me far too long to figure that out. I thought they were saying “Hop” or “Hoth” and it was confusing because l felt like l was missing some Joe Thomas Easter bunny story or that he was some big Empire Strikes Back fan or something.
They kept referring to Thomas as
I really do wish they wouldn't refer to people by using initials (and such) when actually speaking. They're not on a keyboard saving strokes. It's actually quite disrespectful IMO. Call the guy by his name.
-------- I know, I'll kick up an incredible fuss. I'll claim that I've had my feelings hurt because people are calling other people by initials instead of their names. That way congress can pass a law to appease me.
-
They kept referring to Thomas as
I really do wish they wouldn't refer to people by using initials (and such) when actually speaking. They're not on a keyboard saving strokes. It's actually quite disrespectful IMO. Call the guy by his name.
-------- I know, I'll kick up an incredible fuss. I'll claim that I've had my feelings hurt because people are calling other people by initials instead of their names. That way congress can pass a law to appease me.
I really do wish they wouldn't refer to people by using initials (and such) when actually speaking. They're not on a keyboard saving strokes. It's actually quite disrespectful IMO. Call the guy by his name.
-------- I know, I'll kick up an incredible fuss. I'll claim that I've had my feelings hurt because people are calling other people by initials instead of their names. That way congress can pass a law to appease me.
Isn't getting really upset over trivial things what you boomers are known wide and far for? ?
-
They kept referring to Thomas as
I really do wish they wouldn't refer to people by using initials (and such) when actually speaking. They're not on a keyboard saving strokes. It's actually quite disrespectful IMO. Call the guy by his name.
-------- I know, I'll kick up an incredible fuss. I'll claim that I've had my feelings hurt because people are calling other people by initials instead of their names. That way congress can pass a law to appease me.
I really do wish they wouldn't refer to people by using initials (and such) when actually speaking. They're not on a keyboard saving strokes. It's actually quite disrespectful IMO. Call the guy by his name.
-------- I know, I'll kick up an incredible fuss. I'll claim that I've had my feelings hurt because people are calling other people by initials instead of their names. That way congress can pass a law to appease me.
What in the crikey fuck does any of this even mean? Did you have a stroke this morning and were somehow discharged a few hours later?
-
-
I really do wish they wouldn't refer to people by using initials (and such) when actually speaking. They're not on a keyboard saving strokes. It's actually quite disrespectful IMO. Call the guy by his name.
-------- I know, I'll kick up an incredible fuss. I'll claim that I've had my feelings hurt because people are calling other people by initials instead of their names. That way congress can pass a law to appease me.
Isn't getting really upset over trivial things what you boomers are known wide and far for? ?
Isn't getting really upset over trivial things what you boomers are known wide and far for? ?
You cannot possibly be comparing us to the current snowflake generation can you? The everybody gets a trophy, you can't tell them they made a mistake, generation? No, that pendulum swung back way past us.
-
They kept referring to Thomas as
I really do wish they wouldn't refer to people by using initials (and such) when actually speaking. They're not on a keyboard saving strokes. It's actually quite disrespectful IMO. Call the guy by his name.
-------- I know, I'll kick up an incredible fuss. I'll claim that I've had my feelings hurt because people are calling other people by initials instead of their names. That way congress can pass a law to appease me.
I really do wish they wouldn't refer to people by using initials (and such) when actually speaking. They're not on a keyboard saving strokes. It's actually quite disrespectful IMO. Call the guy by his name.
It’s definitely awkward trying to figure out where a mystery nickname came from.
It’s like when your buddy thinks you know the secret handshake, but you don’t know the secret handshake, and he’s coming at you with slaps and fist bumps and shooting it and you’re trying to keep up but failing miserably.
-
#Browns Kevin Stefanski said DT Malik McDowell suffered oblique injury.Grade I strains heal within a few weeks. (PUP)Grade II strains can take up to 3 months or longer. (IR)Grade III strains may require surgery and months of rehabilitation. A strain, or pulled muscle, is an injury to your muscle or tendon.Had to be tough news for a Malik McDowell to hear ... ? MRI pending
-
They kept referring to Thomas as
I really do wish they wouldn't refer to people by using initials (and such) when actually speaking. They're not on a keyboard saving strokes. It's actually quite disrespectful IMO. Call the guy by his name.
-------- I know, I'll kick up an incredible fuss. I'll claim that I've had my feelings hurt because people are calling other people by initials instead of their names. That way congress can pass a law to appease me.
Call the guy by his name. -------- I know, I'll kick up an incredible fuss.
You're taking a stand against.. nicknames? Such bravery. Do you want a trophy?
If you're still uncomfortable with ridiculous nicknames.. Have you ever played a team sport with other guys for more than 45 minutes?
It's fun to see you mention snowflakes. The actual "snowflakes" are the parents - You. Your generation. You desperately want To Be Thought Of As A Very Special Person while ignoring everything about your kids due to your narcissistic desire To Have Your Greatness Recognized By Others And Reflected In Your Kid. Trophies aren't for children.. they're for the parents. You nicknamed yourself "The Greatest Generation" when nobody was doing any comparing.. and more importantly, you don't get to give yourself your own nickname. You're actually not "the greatest" at anything other than lack of self-awareness and magnitude of incompetence.
Your generation should be known as The FYIGM Generation.
-
Call the guy by his name. -------- I know, I'll kick up an incredible fuss.
You're taking a stand against.. nicknames? Such bravery. Do you want a trophy?
If you're still uncomfortable with ridiculous nicknames.. Have you ever played a team sport with other guys for more than 45 minutes?
It's fun to see you mention snowflakes. The actual "snowflakes" are the parents - You. Your generation. You desperately want To Be Thought Of As A Very Special Person while ignoring everything about your kids due to your narcissistic desire To Have Your Greatness Recognized By Others And Reflected In Your Kid. Trophies aren't for children.. they're for the parents. You nicknamed yourself "The Greatest Generation" when nobody was doing any comparing.. and more importantly, you don't get to give yourself your own nickname. You're actually not "the greatest" at anything other than lack of self-awareness and magnitude of incompetence.
Your generation should be known as The FYIGM Generation.
You're taking a stand against.. nicknames? Such bravery. Do you want a trophy?
If you're still uncomfortable with ridiculous nicknames.. Have you ever played a team sport with other guys for more than 45 minutes?
It's fun to see you mention snowflakes. The actual "snowflakes" are the parents - You. Your generation. You desperately want To Be Thought Of As A Very Special Person while ignoring everything about your kids due to your narcissistic desire To Have Your Greatness Recognized By Others And Reflected In Your Kid. Trophies aren't for children.. they're for the parents. You nicknamed yourself "The Greatest Generation" when nobody was doing any comparing.. and more importantly, you don't get to give yourself your own nickname. You're actually not "the greatest" at anything other than lack of self-awareness and magnitude of incompetence.
Your generation should be known as The FYIGM Generation.
Baby Boomers aren't 'The Greatest Generation', that was their parents.
Boomers are the spoiled kids who inherited what their parents fought for and pissed it away.
-
Poor abused fuckups.
-
-
Isn't getting really upset over trivial things what you boomers are known wide and far for? ?
You cannot possibly be comparing us to the current snowflake generation can you? The everybody gets a trophy, you can't tell them they made a mistake, generation? No, that pendulum swung back way past us.
You cannot possibly be comparing us to the current snowflake generation can you? The everybody gets a trophy, you can't tell them they made a mistake, generation? No, that pendulum swung back way past us.
I sure can, take the guy who upvoted your comment for example.
That boomer is the biggest snowflake on this board. He got so butthurt one time that he demanded to get thrown off this board, only to have to crawl back because no one in his real life pays attention to him.
-
If Anthony Schwartz was to give us more WR speed going into KC? He might want to get some meaningful reps come preseason games...
our defense, is taking the camp injury hits.. and has built little to no continuity...
Jags Saturday night... Who are you playing/sitting?...my guess is 2's/3's & 4's? and we look to be missing some of those projected pieces too... Pre-season!..It's a fine time to find out your teams depth... but...man! let's start getting some defensive bodies back too...?
-
If Anthony Schwartz was to give us more WR speed going into KC? He might want to get some meaningful reps come preseason games...
our defense, is taking the camp injury hits.. and has built little to no continuity...
Jags Saturday night... Who are you playing/sitting?...my guess is 2's/3's & 4's? and we look to be missing some of those projected pieces too... Pre-season!..It's a fine time to find out your teams depth... but...man! let's start getting some defensive bodies back too...?
Jags Saturday night... Who are you playing/sitting?.
We're in somewhat uncharted waters with the shortened preseason.
When, and how much of a 'tune up' do the starters get. Is it game 2? 3?
If I were to guess I'd say starters for a half (or even less) of game 3. And 2nd half is the last ditch effort for guys to make the team.
-
Given the length of the last preseason.. don't the starters get a quarter in 1, 1.5 quarters in 2, and the entire first half in game 3?
-
Jags Saturday night... Who are you playing/sitting?.
We're in somewhat uncharted waters with the shortened preseason.
When, and how much of a 'tune up' do the starters get. Is it game 2? 3?
If I were to guess I'd say starters for a half (or even less) of game 3. And 2nd half is the last ditch effort for guys to make the team.
We're in somewhat uncharted waters with the shortened preseason.
When, and how much of a 'tune up' do the starters get. Is it game 2? 3?
If I were to guess I'd say starters for a half (or even less) of game 3. And 2nd half is the last ditch effort for guys to make the team.
Pre-season ='s Vanilla football...I'm fine with one series of both (clean health) starters.. than yank both.. Inter-squad with Giants..nobody see's nuttin..(and we don't play them) I've heard (nfl radio) gm.2, is the closest thing to a real starter tune-up game...Game 3, now becomes your final bottom of the roster cut down game.. (ours is slim)
believe nothing...till ya see it !
-
We're in somewhat uncharted waters with the shortened preseason.
When, and how much of a 'tune up' do the starters get. Is it game 2? 3?
If I were to guess I'd say starters for a half (or even less) of game 3. And 2nd half is the last ditch effort for guys to make the team.
Pre-season ='s Vanilla football...I'm fine with one series of both (clean health) starters.. than yank both.. Inter-squad with Giants..nobody see's nuttin..(and we don't play them) I've heard (nfl radio) gm.2, is the closest thing to a real starter tune-up game...Game 3, now becomes your final bottom of the roster cut down game.. (ours is slim)
believe nothing...till ya see it !
I've heard (nfl radio) gm.2, is the closest thing to a real starter tune-up game
You almost want to think that the strategy would be league wide. I mean, in preseason games you really don't want your starters in there against 3rd stringers because the two teams have totally different ideas on how the 'new' preseason games should be handled.
-
We could start hearing some medical updates around the 27th.. Greedy Williams was limited in both OTA's & Mandatory's.. So it sounds like? GW would still need cleared to practice?
When does the Cleveland Browns' training camp begin?
The Cleveland Browns' 2021 training camp begins on Tuesday, July 27. For the first time in league history, NFL teams will have a unified start to training camp. ?
Media & fans are welcome in Friday the 30th... Than video's like these take a seat to real on the field action...?
with a injury history like these two? It's going to be easy to cheer for both at camp... ?
Greedy defends his spot.. while Newsome seems to bring a bigger dawg bite... Get Ready!?
Greedy defends his spot.. while Newsome seems to bring a bigger dawg bite... Get Ready!?
Who's a fan of just putting your best players on the field?
The twist is..Greg Newsome is seeing inside slot reps, that kick Troy Hill to the outside ?.. and Baker is only finding the small windows of NfL open...with JJ3 lurking..
count me in, as one to be watching this play out..
https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/browns-maven-features/browns-newsome-greedy-cb2-competition
-
Cross training is the Brown's goal. I guess that could create some significant playing time if there is an injury or some mild sickness. And, maybe creating some good mismatches at certain times...
Splitting Time: Top draft choice, CB Greg Newsome said that he has been working every day inside at the slot position, in addition, to his time on the outside. He said he estimated the split is about 60 percent on the outside and 40 percent on the inside.
"You're trying to cross-train all of these guys," Stefanski said. "He's coming along and doing a nice job."
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login