Skip to content

WEDNESDAY Aug 26 PRACTICE UPDATES!!

The Browns Board
48 15 2.9k
  • PRACTICE 1:30 - 3:30 PM Today

    TRAINING CAMP IS OFFICIAL OVER (FOR THE PUBLIC)

    Yes...unfortunately this is THE LAST OF THE PRACTICE UPDATES!

    5:13:55 pm Browns WR Braylon Edwards said he appreciates the fact that there is no "negative energy" given off by starting QB hopefuls Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn. He added that players can clearly distinguish between Anderson's silly and serious sides. "You know when to separate DA from DA," Edwards said.

    5:12:45 pm Browns QB Derek Anderson is known for his loosy-goosy way of approaching life, but he wants to make it well known that it doesn't affect the way he looks at his job. "I wouldn't say I'm goofy," he said. "I take pride in what I do. I just like to enjoy it when I'm on the field. I think (coach Eric Mangini) understands that."

    5:11:56 pm Browns RB Jamal Lewis caught four passes in the two-minute drill to conclude practice. Will he be used more out of the backfield in the pass offense this season? "I've worked the two-minute drill, third downs - I've done it all," he said. "But when you get tired, sometimes you can't do those things. That's what you have other backs for."

    5:10:41 pm When asked if his ability to stretch defenses vertically gives him an advantage over rival Brady Quinn, Browns QB Derek Anderson smiled. "It is not within my wishes to compare or contrast my talents with Brady's," he said.

    5:09:27 pm If WR Braylon Edwards is reading it right, Browns coach Eric Mangini is putting plenty of stock in the Saturday night home preseason game against rugged Tennessee. "The film study has been very serious and the scouting report is thicker and more in-depth," Edwards said.

    5:08:35 pm Browns TE Robert Royal, who worked the stationary bike today, has his right knee taped and is walking with a very slight gimp. When healthy, he seems to have emerged as the starter at that position.

    5:07:45 pm Today is Browns RB Jamal Lewis' 30th birthday. "I still feel like I did yesterday," he said. He added that he's been asked questions from the media about that fateful milestone for the last five years.

    4:20:58 pm The Browns are treating the last crowd of training camp by having all their players sign autographs following practice. The usual routine has been to have players at one position spend time with the fans after each session.

    4:12:45 pm Browns QB Brady Quinn has thrown four straight short passes to RB Jamal Lewis in the two-minute drill, but hasn't shown accuracy on tosses more than 20 yards throughout camp. He just overthrew Josh Cribbs long.

    4:06:34 pm Browns CB Eric Wright just intercepted a poor pass from backup QB Brett Ratliff. Wright and S Abram Elam have been excellent ball hawks throughout camp, providing hope that the INT total will increase this season.

    3:33:41 pm Browns veteran TE Steve Heiden, who has suffered from a case of the dropsies recently, just snagged a tough one from Brady Quinn after getting a step on LB D'Qwell Jackson. Though it's unlikely, the sudden absence of Robert Royal gives Heiden a chance to close the gap in the competition at that position.

    3:14:28 pm The most impressive rookie in camp? It must be LB David Veikune, who just worked his way in for two would-be sacks in game simulation. Veikune is making the adjustment from playing DL at Hawaii and has excelled both inside and outside.

    3:06:04 pm Browns WR Braylon Edwards caught every pass thrown his way for more than a week after returning to camp, but has dropped several in recent days, including two in the last few minutes of game simulation.

    2:59:40 pm Browns QB Derek Anderson is improving his touch and accuracy on short passes in practice, but must transfer those skills into game performance. His high fastball to RB James Davis last Saturday resulted in a tip and INT.

    2:39:29 pm Browns TE Aaron Walker, who is likely on the outside looking in at a roster spot, did himself no favors by dropping a Brady Quinn pass right in his hands in 7-on-7 drills.

    2:30:01 pm One addition to the stationery bike brigade today is TE Robert Royal, who is not practicing. NT Shaun Rogers is working with a trainer while RB Jerome Harrison, LB David Bowens, OL Rex Hadnot and LB Titus Brown are on bikes. OL Ryan Tucker and S Brodney Pool are not on the field.

    2:19:02 pm Browns Pro Bowl NT Shaun Rogers appears close to returning to practice. He had been working strictly on the stationery bike, but has worked with trainers and on the blocking sled the last two days.

    2:18:17 pm Browns coach Eric Mangini pointed out that in his first season coaching the Jets in 2006, his team won despite 11 penalties in their second game - just as the Browns did last Saturday. "I wasn't happy about it then either," he joked.

    2:16:21 pm To open his press conference today before the last day of training camp open to the public, Browns coach Eric Mangini thanked the fans who attended.

    I'm waiting on updates, but I feel like entertaining while we wait!

    1:58:04 pm The recent absence of OL Ryan Tucker from practice could ruin his shot at a starting spot. Browns coach Eric Mangini was asked about beteran linemen Tucker and Hank Fraley. "I'm age-blind," he said. "Fraley is versatile who is helping (rookie C Alex Mack), which indicates he's a good pro. Tucker is big, physical guy with flexibility as well."

    1:55:43 pm The possible return of OL Rex Hadnot from an MCL injury in time for the regular season further complicates the battle for starting spots along the line. "Rex did a lot of nice things out there, picking up the system and communicating well," said coach Eric Mangini.

    1:54:49 pm The improvement of Robaire Smith might mean a backup spot for Browns DE Corey Williams, who struggled as a starter last year in the 3-4. But coach Eric Mangini believes Williams has made strides. "He's made progress in his technique and understanding blocking schemes," he said.

    Breaking News: Browns Install Scoreboard ON the Field

    1251296127-scoreboard.jpg

    CLEVELAND, Ohio — After the NFL decides what to do about the scoreboard problem in Dallas, the league might have another quandary to look into regarding a similar situation in Cleveland, as the Browns have installed a scoreboard on the field of Cleveland Browns stadium to nullify the run game of their opponents.

    "We decided that by the time the league looked into our scoreboard and decided what to do, we'd have already played the Vikings," said coach Eric Mangini. "To nullify Adrian Peterson with such a simple move was a no-brainer. Even if we're told to move it for games after. And there's always the possibility that it stays for the entire season."

    With the Browns defense struggling with injuries and an overall lack of talent, the organization felt the wall of video and sound might very well be their most important addition on that side of the ball.

    "Look, we're not a very good football team and we're not going to win many games," said Mangini. "At the very least, if the scoreboard on the field doesn't stop the opponent, our guys will have a good view of the Kiss Cam. You see that? That's quality entertainment."

    - Sorry, I just found this while waiting for updates and I thought it was funny -

    1:19 PM by Tony Grossi/The Plain Dealer - Cleveland Browns nose tackle Shaun Rogers and running back Jerome Harrison still not practicing

    BEREA, Ohio -- The Browns' practice week will pass by without nose tackle Shaun Rogers and running back Jerome Harrison being on the field in team drills.

    It likely means that neither player will play in the third preseason game Saturday against Tennessee. Both players have missed the first two games with undisclosed injuries.

    Rogers spent time with a trainer hitting a blocking sled on Tuesday and was expected to resume that work today, which is seen as progress.

    Coach Eric Mangini said while he'd like for Rogers to see game action before the preseason is over, it's not necessary.

    "I feel I have a pretty good handle on what he can do," Mangini said.

    Harrison was supposed to be incorporated into the offense this season as a multi-purpose, change-of-pace back like Leon Washington of Mangini's former Jets team. Toward that end, Mangini was seeking to carve a niche on special teams for Harrison to get him on the Sunday game active list more than he was last season.

    "He's been to all the meetings, so from a mental standpoint he's good with the information," Mangini said. "Regardless of whether you're practicing or not practicing, everyone's involved and engaged. Then it's just a question of getting back into the physical side of it and where he is at that point. He did a lot of positive things on the field and he's still doing a lot of positive things in the classroom."

    Mangini said "it's tough to say" what Harrison's niche on special teams would be.

    "We were trying him at a lot of spots and some were new to him," he said. "There were some encouraging things. We're going to work at it."

    Two players have benefitted during the absence of Rogers and Harrison -- second-year nose tackle Ahtyba Rubin and rookie running back James Davis.

    Today is the last practice of training camp open to fans. The team is off on Friday.

  • That Williams line was funny. What Mangini meant to say was: "I can't believe that idiot Savage thought Williams could play in our style of 3-4".

  • That Williams line was funny. What Mangini meant to say was: "I can't believe that idiot Savage thought Williams could play in our style of 3-4".

    @restinpeace said:

    That Williams line was funny. What Mangini meant to say was: "I can't believe that idiot Savage thought Williams could play in our style of 3-4".

    Except Savage did not get Williams to play in Mangini's style of 3-4 😳

    Once again, what do you base this stuff on?

  • @restinpeace said:

    That Williams line was funny. What Mangini meant to say was: "I can't believe that idiot Savage thought Williams could play in our style of 3-4".

    Except Savage did not get Williams to play in Mangini's style of 3-4 😳

    Once again, what do you base this stuff on?

    Masters said:

    Except Savage did not get Williams to play in Mangini's style of 3-4 😳

    Once again, what do you base this stuff on?

    Sure he did. Fatties and Mangini's 3-4 are very similiar, especially how DL are used. The whole line "He's made progress in his technique and understanding blocking schemes" is funny as hell. I know Mangini isn't very "funny", but that line is just hillarious.

  • both were 2-gap systems....

  • Masters said:

    Except Savage did not get Williams to play in Mangini's style of 3-4 😳

    Once again, what do you base this stuff on?

    Sure he did. Fatties and Mangini's 3-4 are very similiar, especially how DL are used. The whole line "He's made progress in his technique and understanding blocking schemes" is funny as hell. I know Mangini isn't very "funny", but that line is just hillarious.

    @restinpeace said:

    Sure he did. Fatties and Mangini's 3-4 are very similiar, especially how DL are used. The whole line "He's made progress in his technique and understanding blocking schemes" is funny as hell. I know Mangini isn't very "funny", but that line is just hillarious.

    You missed the point. Savage didn't get anyone for Mangini is all I am saying.

    And again, where do you get any info that would even make that comment funny from Mangini. He said the guy is getting better at understanding (which Williams has said recently too). Sounds to me like the guy is getting better at playing a 3-4.

  • @restinpeace said:

    Sure he did. Fatties and Mangini's 3-4 are very similiar, especially how DL are used. The whole line "He's made progress in his technique and understanding blocking schemes" is funny as hell. I know Mangini isn't very "funny", but that line is just hillarious.

    You missed the point. Savage didn't get anyone for Mangini is all I am saying.

    And again, where do you get any info that would even make that comment funny from Mangini. He said the guy is getting better at understanding (which Williams has said recently too). Sounds to me like the guy is getting better at playing a 3-4.

    Masters said:

    You missed the point. Savage didn't get anyone for Mangini is all I am saying.

    And again, where do you get any info that would even make that comment funny from Mangini. He said the guy is getting better at understanding (which Williams has said recently too). Sounds to me like the guy is getting better at playing a 3-4.

    LOL. You can't read between the lines can you?

  • Masters said:

    You missed the point. Savage didn't get anyone for Mangini is all I am saying.

    And again, where do you get any info that would even make that comment funny from Mangini. He said the guy is getting better at understanding (which Williams has said recently too). Sounds to me like the guy is getting better at playing a 3-4.

    LOL. You can't read between the lines can you?

    @restinpeace said:

    LOL. You can't read between the lines can you?

    I sure can. Except there is nothing in that statement to read between. Unless you go focing something inbetween the lines like you did. Hence why I ask where you get this stuff from (i.e. that Williams isn't working, isn't getting better, etc.).

  • @restinpeace said:

    LOL. You can't read between the lines can you?

    I sure can. Except there is nothing in that statement to read between. Unless you go focing something inbetween the lines like you did. Hence why I ask where you get this stuff from (i.e. that Williams isn't working, isn't getting better, etc.).

    Masters said:

    I sure can. Except there is nothing in that statement to read between. Unless you go focing something inbetween the lines like you did. Hence why I ask where you get this stuff from (i.e. that Williams isn't working, isn't getting better, etc.).

    You sure wish you did.

    "Veikune is making the adjustment from playing DL at Hawaii and has excelled both inside and outside."

    He has been poor on the outside. Trying to say he has looked good is really cooking some hemp. I just don't think he has the quickness to be a OLB in this system and why he is being converted to ILB where his big size and high motor could make him into a cornerstone ILB which we don't have now.

  • PRACTICE 1:30 - 3:30 PM Today

    TRAINING CAMP IS OFFICIAL OVER (FOR THE PUBLIC)

    Yes...unfortunately this is THE LAST OF THE PRACTICE UPDATES!

    5:13:55 pm Browns WR Braylon Edwards said he appreciates the fact that there is no "negative energy" given off by starting QB hopefuls Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn. He added that players can clearly distinguish between Anderson's silly and serious sides. "You know when to separate DA from DA," Edwards said.

    5:12:45 pm Browns QB Derek Anderson is known for his loosy-goosy way of approaching life, but he wants to make it well known that it doesn't affect the way he looks at his job. "I wouldn't say I'm goofy," he said. "I take pride in what I do. I just like to enjoy it when I'm on the field. I think (coach Eric Mangini) understands that."

    5:11:56 pm Browns RB Jamal Lewis caught four passes in the two-minute drill to conclude practice. Will he be used more out of the backfield in the pass offense this season? "I've worked the two-minute drill, third downs - I've done it all," he said. "But when you get tired, sometimes you can't do those things. That's what you have other backs for."

    5:10:41 pm When asked if his ability to stretch defenses vertically gives him an advantage over rival Brady Quinn, Browns QB Derek Anderson smiled. "It is not within my wishes to compare or contrast my talents with Brady's," he said.

    5:09:27 pm If WR Braylon Edwards is reading it right, Browns coach Eric Mangini is putting plenty of stock in the Saturday night home preseason game against rugged Tennessee. "The film study has been very serious and the scouting report is thicker and more in-depth," Edwards said.

    5:08:35 pm Browns TE Robert Royal, who worked the stationary bike today, has his right knee taped and is walking with a very slight gimp. When healthy, he seems to have emerged as the starter at that position.

    5:07:45 pm Today is Browns RB Jamal Lewis' 30th birthday. "I still feel like I did yesterday," he said. He added that he's been asked questions from the media about that fateful milestone for the last five years.

    4:20:58 pm The Browns are treating the last crowd of training camp by having all their players sign autographs following practice. The usual routine has been to have players at one position spend time with the fans after each session.

    4:12:45 pm Browns QB Brady Quinn has thrown four straight short passes to RB Jamal Lewis in the two-minute drill, but hasn't shown accuracy on tosses more than 20 yards throughout camp. He just overthrew Josh Cribbs long.

    4:06:34 pm Browns CB Eric Wright just intercepted a poor pass from backup QB Brett Ratliff. Wright and S Abram Elam have been excellent ball hawks throughout camp, providing hope that the INT total will increase this season.

    3:33:41 pm Browns veteran TE Steve Heiden, who has suffered from a case of the dropsies recently, just snagged a tough one from Brady Quinn after getting a step on LB D'Qwell Jackson. Though it's unlikely, the sudden absence of Robert Royal gives Heiden a chance to close the gap in the competition at that position.

    3:14:28 pm The most impressive rookie in camp? It must be LB David Veikune, who just worked his way in for two would-be sacks in game simulation. Veikune is making the adjustment from playing DL at Hawaii and has excelled both inside and outside.

    3:06:04 pm Browns WR Braylon Edwards caught every pass thrown his way for more than a week after returning to camp, but has dropped several in recent days, including two in the last few minutes of game simulation.

    2:59:40 pm Browns QB Derek Anderson is improving his touch and accuracy on short passes in practice, but must transfer those skills into game performance. His high fastball to RB James Davis last Saturday resulted in a tip and INT.

    2:39:29 pm Browns TE Aaron Walker, who is likely on the outside looking in at a roster spot, did himself no favors by dropping a Brady Quinn pass right in his hands in 7-on-7 drills.

    2:30:01 pm One addition to the stationery bike brigade today is TE Robert Royal, who is not practicing. NT Shaun Rogers is working with a trainer while RB Jerome Harrison, LB David Bowens, OL Rex Hadnot and LB Titus Brown are on bikes. OL Ryan Tucker and S Brodney Pool are not on the field.

    2:19:02 pm Browns Pro Bowl NT Shaun Rogers appears close to returning to practice. He had been working strictly on the stationery bike, but has worked with trainers and on the blocking sled the last two days.

    2:18:17 pm Browns coach Eric Mangini pointed out that in his first season coaching the Jets in 2006, his team won despite 11 penalties in their second game - just as the Browns did last Saturday. "I wasn't happy about it then either," he joked.

    2:16:21 pm To open his press conference today before the last day of training camp open to the public, Browns coach Eric Mangini thanked the fans who attended.

    I'm waiting on updates, but I feel like entertaining while we wait!

    1:58:04 pm The recent absence of OL Ryan Tucker from practice could ruin his shot at a starting spot. Browns coach Eric Mangini was asked about beteran linemen Tucker and Hank Fraley. "I'm age-blind," he said. "Fraley is versatile who is helping (rookie C Alex Mack), which indicates he's a good pro. Tucker is big, physical guy with flexibility as well."

    1:55:43 pm The possible return of OL Rex Hadnot from an MCL injury in time for the regular season further complicates the battle for starting spots along the line. "Rex did a lot of nice things out there, picking up the system and communicating well," said coach Eric Mangini.

    1:54:49 pm The improvement of Robaire Smith might mean a backup spot for Browns DE Corey Williams, who struggled as a starter last year in the 3-4. But coach Eric Mangini believes Williams has made strides. "He's made progress in his technique and understanding blocking schemes," he said.

    Breaking News: Browns Install Scoreboard ON the Field

    1251296127-scoreboard.jpg

    CLEVELAND, Ohio — After the NFL decides what to do about the scoreboard problem in Dallas, the league might have another quandary to look into regarding a similar situation in Cleveland, as the Browns have installed a scoreboard on the field of Cleveland Browns stadium to nullify the run game of their opponents.

    "We decided that by the time the league looked into our scoreboard and decided what to do, we'd have already played the Vikings," said coach Eric Mangini. "To nullify Adrian Peterson with such a simple move was a no-brainer. Even if we're told to move it for games after. And there's always the possibility that it stays for the entire season."

    With the Browns defense struggling with injuries and an overall lack of talent, the organization felt the wall of video and sound might very well be their most important addition on that side of the ball.

    "Look, we're not a very good football team and we're not going to win many games," said Mangini. "At the very least, if the scoreboard on the field doesn't stop the opponent, our guys will have a good view of the Kiss Cam. You see that? That's quality entertainment."

    - Sorry, I just found this while waiting for updates and I thought it was funny -

    1:19 PM by Tony Grossi/The Plain Dealer - Cleveland Browns nose tackle Shaun Rogers and running back Jerome Harrison still not practicing

    BEREA, Ohio -- The Browns' practice week will pass by without nose tackle Shaun Rogers and running back Jerome Harrison being on the field in team drills.

    It likely means that neither player will play in the third preseason game Saturday against Tennessee. Both players have missed the first two games with undisclosed injuries.

    Rogers spent time with a trainer hitting a blocking sled on Tuesday and was expected to resume that work today, which is seen as progress.

    Coach Eric Mangini said while he'd like for Rogers to see game action before the preseason is over, it's not necessary.

    "I feel I have a pretty good handle on what he can do," Mangini said.

    Harrison was supposed to be incorporated into the offense this season as a multi-purpose, change-of-pace back like Leon Washington of Mangini's former Jets team. Toward that end, Mangini was seeking to carve a niche on special teams for Harrison to get him on the Sunday game active list more than he was last season.

    "He's been to all the meetings, so from a mental standpoint he's good with the information," Mangini said. "Regardless of whether you're practicing or not practicing, everyone's involved and engaged. Then it's just a question of getting back into the physical side of it and where he is at that point. He did a lot of positive things on the field and he's still doing a lot of positive things in the classroom."

    Mangini said "it's tough to say" what Harrison's niche on special teams would be.

    "We were trying him at a lot of spots and some were new to him," he said. "There were some encouraging things. We're going to work at it."

    Two players have benefitted during the absence of Rogers and Harrison -- second-year nose tackle Ahtyba Rubin and rookie running back James Davis.

    Today is the last practice of training camp open to fans. The team is off on Friday.

    @dan-in-florida said:

    3:33:41 pm Browns veteran TE Steve Heiden, who has suffered from a case of the dropsies recently, just snagged a tough one from Brady Quinn after getting a step on LB D'Qwell Jackson. Though it's unlikely, the sudden absence of Robert Royal gives Heiden a chance to close the gap in the competition at that position.

    Heiden is my favorite TE on the team. Solid. Would rather have him start than anyone else.

  • Masters said:

    I sure can. Except there is nothing in that statement to read between. Unless you go focing something inbetween the lines like you did. Hence why I ask where you get this stuff from (i.e. that Williams isn't working, isn't getting better, etc.).

    You sure wish you did.

    "Veikune is making the adjustment from playing DL at Hawaii and has excelled both inside and outside."

    He has been poor on the outside. Trying to say he has looked good is really cooking some hemp. I just don't think he has the quickness to be a OLB in this system and why he is being converted to ILB where his big size and high motor could make him into a cornerstone ILB which we don't have now.

    @restinpeace said:

    You sure wish you did.

    "Veikune is making the adjustment from playing DL at Hawaii and has excelled both inside and outside."

    He has been poor on the outside. Trying to say he has looked good is really cooking some hemp. I just don't think he has the quickness to be a OLB in this system and why he is being converted to ILB where his big size and high motor could make him into a cornerstone ILB which we don't have now.

    Ah, change the player subject and dodge the questions I asked....

    Once again, according to who? If it's according to you, then say it. You have been at camp every day?

    You are making huge leaps of "reading between the lines", while giving no input as to why you are drawing those conclusions (just like your statments the other day regarding Robiskie). So I'd like to know the basis of your statements.

  • @restinpeace said:

    You sure wish you did.

    "Veikune is making the adjustment from playing DL at Hawaii and has excelled both inside and outside."

    He has been poor on the outside. Trying to say he has looked good is really cooking some hemp. I just don't think he has the quickness to be a OLB in this system and why he is being converted to ILB where his big size and high motor could make him into a cornerstone ILB which we don't have now.

    Ah, change the player subject and dodge the questions I asked....

    Once again, according to who? If it's according to you, then say it. You have been at camp every day?

    You are making huge leaps of "reading between the lines", while giving no input as to why you are drawing those conclusions (just like your statments the other day regarding Robiskie). So I'd like to know the basis of your statements.

    Masters said:

    Ah, change the player subject and dodge the questions I asked....

    Once again, according to who? If it's according to you, then say it. You have been at camp every day?

    Questions? What did you ask, that I have not already answered over the last several days.

  • Masters said:

    Ah, change the player subject and dodge the questions I asked....

    Once again, according to who? If it's according to you, then say it. You have been at camp every day?

    Questions? What did you ask, that I have not already answered over the last several days.

    @restinpeace said:

    Questions? What did you ask, that I have not already answered over the last several days.

    Dude, read the first three post of mine you responded to.

    "And again, where do you get any info that would even make that comment funny from Mangini. He said the guy is getting better at understanding (which Williams has said recently too). Sounds to me like the guy is getting better at playing a 3-4."

    " Hence why I ask where you get this stuff from (i.e. that Williams isn't working, isn't getting better, etc.). "

  • Mangini didn't mean it as something funny... but I agree that it kind of is.

    After all, Williams has been in a similar system for over a year now and he's still working on picking up blocking schemes? Sort of just goes to show that Savage made a bad move and now Mangini has to deal with it.

  • @restinpeace said:

    Questions? What did you ask, that I have not already answered over the last several days.

    Dude, read the first three post of mine you responded to.

    "And again, where do you get any info that would even make that comment funny from Mangini. He said the guy is getting better at understanding (which Williams has said recently too). Sounds to me like the guy is getting better at playing a 3-4."

    " Hence why I ask where you get this stuff from (i.e. that Williams isn't working, isn't getting better, etc.). "

    Masters said:

    Dude, read the first three post of mine you responded to.

    "And again, where do you get any info that would even make that comment funny from Mangini. He said the guy is getting better at understanding (which Williams has said recently too). Sounds to me like the guy is getting better at playing a 3-4."

    " Hence why I ask where you get this stuff from (i.e. that Williams isn't working, isn't getting better, etc.). "

    Those aren't questions. You basically don't agree with my instincts on the matter, so be it. You think he is getting better playing in the 3-4. I think it is Mangini just saying something nice when asked(cover). The real truth "IMO" is that Williams isn't a very good 3-4 end.

  • Mangini didn't mean it as something funny... but I agree that it kind of is.

    After all, Williams has been in a similar system for over a year now and he's still working on picking up blocking schemes? Sort of just goes to show that Savage made a bad move and now Mangini has to deal with it.

    @dtbh said:

    Mangini didn't mean it as something funny... but I agree that it kind of is.

    After all, Williams has been in a similar system for over a year now and he's still working on picking up blocking schemes? Sort of just goes to show that Savage made a bad move.

    Of course RAC was the coaching previously. And it's become quite apparent teaching and learning werent' exactly going on in CLE under him.

  • Masters said:

    Dude, read the first three post of mine you responded to.

    "And again, where do you get any info that would even make that comment funny from Mangini. He said the guy is getting better at understanding (which Williams has said recently too). Sounds to me like the guy is getting better at playing a 3-4."

    " Hence why I ask where you get this stuff from (i.e. that Williams isn't working, isn't getting better, etc.). "

    Those aren't questions. You basically don't agree with my instincts on the matter, so be it. You think he is getting better playing in the 3-4. I think it is Mangini just saying something nice when asked(cover). The real truth "IMO" is that Williams isn't a very good 3-4 end.

    @restinpeace said:

    Those aren't questions. You basically don't agree with my instincts on the matter, so be it. You think he is getting better playing in the 3-4. I think it is Mangini just saying something nice when asked(cover). The real truth "IMO" is that Williams isn't a very good 3-4 end.

    Yes, they are. I am simply asking what you are basing your conclusion on? What have you seen, read, or heard to lead you to that conclusion. Right now, it is you just basically saying "x guy sucks", with no other information as to why you think such. Or are you just basically saying you are just "going with your instincts"?

  • Masters said:

    I sure can. Except there is nothing in that statement to read between. Unless you go focing something inbetween the lines like you did. Hence why I ask where you get this stuff from (i.e. that Williams isn't working, isn't getting better, etc.).

    You sure wish you did.

    "Veikune is making the adjustment from playing DL at Hawaii and has excelled both inside and outside."

    He has been poor on the outside. Trying to say he has looked good is really cooking some hemp. I just don't think he has the quickness to be a OLB in this system and why he is being converted to ILB where his big size and high motor could make him into a cornerstone ILB which we don't have now.

    @restinpeace said:

    You sure wish you did.

    "Veikune is making the adjustment from playing DL at Hawaii and has excelled both inside and outside."

    He has been poor on the outside. Trying to say he has looked good is really cooking some hemp. I just don't think he has the quickness to be a OLB in this system and why he is being converted to ILB where his big size and high motor could make him into a cornerstone ILB which we don't have now.

    If there was a prize for being the biggest know nothing asshole, yu could win hands down. BTW, is that you Rich or Tom V.?

  • @restinpeace said:

    You sure wish you did.

    "Veikune is making the adjustment from playing DL at Hawaii and has excelled both inside and outside."

    He has been poor on the outside. Trying to say he has looked good is really cooking some hemp. I just don't think he has the quickness to be a OLB in this system and why he is being converted to ILB where his big size and high motor could make him into a cornerstone ILB which we don't have now.

    If there was a prize for being the biggest know nothing asshole, yu could win hands down. BTW, is that you Rich or Tom V.?

    @ytownbrownsbacker said:

    If there was a prize for being the biggest know nothing asshole, yu could win hands down. BTW, is that you Rich or Tom V.?

    His spelling skills destroy rich, he's another puppet.

  • @jadbf said:

    Nahh Tom V. never got that in depth into players. Only the big names like Winslow...and rich...well rich could never write that coherently.

    I guess we started a fire with the puppet conspiracy, but really not every idiot is a puppet...there really are idiots out there.

    Most likely just another pissburgh troll................................LOL