WEDNESDAY Aug 26 PRACTICE UPDATES!!
-
Questions? What did you ask, that I have not already answered over the last several days.
Dude, read the first three post of mine you responded to.
"And again, where do you get any info that would even make that comment funny from Mangini. He said the guy is getting better at understanding (which Williams has said recently too). Sounds to me like the guy is getting better at playing a 3-4."
" Hence why I ask where you get this stuff from (i.e. that Williams isn't working, isn't getting better, etc.). "
Masters said:
Dude, read the first three post of mine you responded to."And again, where do you get any info that would even make that comment funny from Mangini. He said the guy is getting better at understanding (which Williams has said recently too). Sounds to me like the guy is getting better at playing a 3-4."
" Hence why I ask where you get this stuff from (i.e. that Williams isn't working, isn't getting better, etc.). "
Those aren't questions. You basically don't agree with my instincts on the matter, so be it. You think he is getting better playing in the 3-4. I think it is Mangini just saying something nice when asked(cover). The real truth "IMO" is that Williams isn't a very good 3-4 end.
-
Mangini didn't mean it as something funny... but I agree that it kind of is.
After all, Williams has been in a similar system for over a year now and he's still working on picking up blocking schemes? Sort of just goes to show that Savage made a bad move and now Mangini has to deal with it.
Mangini didn't mean it as something funny... but I agree that it kind of is.
After all, Williams has been in a similar system for over a year now and he's still working on picking up blocking schemes? Sort of just goes to show that Savage made a bad move.
Of course RAC was the coaching previously. And it's become quite apparent teaching and learning werent' exactly going on in CLE under him.
-
Masters said:
Dude, read the first three post of mine you responded to."And again, where do you get any info that would even make that comment funny from Mangini. He said the guy is getting better at understanding (which Williams has said recently too). Sounds to me like the guy is getting better at playing a 3-4."
" Hence why I ask where you get this stuff from (i.e. that Williams isn't working, isn't getting better, etc.). "
Those aren't questions. You basically don't agree with my instincts on the matter, so be it. You think he is getting better playing in the 3-4. I think it is Mangini just saying something nice when asked(cover). The real truth "IMO" is that Williams isn't a very good 3-4 end.
Those aren't questions. You basically don't agree with my instincts on the matter, so be it. You think he is getting better playing in the 3-4. I think it is Mangini just saying something nice when asked(cover). The real truth "IMO" is that Williams isn't a very good 3-4 end.
Yes, they are. I am simply asking what you are basing your conclusion on? What have you seen, read, or heard to lead you to that conclusion. Right now, it is you just basically saying "x guy sucks", with no other information as to why you think such. Or are you just basically saying you are just "going with your instincts"?
-
Masters said:
I sure can. Except there is nothing in that statement to read between. Unless you go focing something inbetween the lines like you did. Hence why I ask where you get this stuff from (i.e. that Williams isn't working, isn't getting better, etc.).You sure wish you did.
"Veikune is making the adjustment from playing DL at Hawaii and has excelled both inside and outside."
He has been poor on the outside. Trying to say he has looked good is really cooking some hemp. I just don't think he has the quickness to be a OLB in this system and why he is being converted to ILB where his big size and high motor could make him into a cornerstone ILB which we don't have now.
You sure wish you did.
"Veikune is making the adjustment from playing DL at Hawaii and has excelled both inside and outside."
He has been poor on the outside. Trying to say he has looked good is really cooking some hemp. I just don't think he has the quickness to be a OLB in this system and why he is being converted to ILB where his big size and high motor could make him into a cornerstone ILB which we don't have now.
If there was a prize for being the biggest know nothing asshole, yu could win hands down. BTW, is that you Rich or Tom V.?
-
You sure wish you did.
"Veikune is making the adjustment from playing DL at Hawaii and has excelled both inside and outside."
He has been poor on the outside. Trying to say he has looked good is really cooking some hemp. I just don't think he has the quickness to be a OLB in this system and why he is being converted to ILB where his big size and high motor could make him into a cornerstone ILB which we don't have now.
If there was a prize for being the biggest know nothing asshole, yu could win hands down. BTW, is that you Rich or Tom V.?
If there was a prize for being the biggest know nothing asshole, yu could win hands down. BTW, is that you Rich or Tom V.?
His spelling skills destroy rich, he's another puppet.
-
@jadbf said:
Nahh Tom V. never got that in depth into players. Only the big names like Winslow...and rich...well rich could never write that coherently.I guess we started a fire with the puppet conspiracy, but really not every idiot is a puppet...there really are idiots out there.
Most likely just another pissburgh troll................................LOL
-
In other news....I still heart boobs....
-
@inspecta said:
I dunno RIP just feels like an asshole I've come across on this board before, just can't put my finger on it. It could be thought that he's an entirely new asshole which isn't out of the question, after all there are a plethora of assholes out there. It's not out of the question that a new one found our message board and decided to start posting.Not-at-all?
-
@inspecta said:
I dunno RIP just feels like an asshole I've come across on this board before, just can't put my finger on it. It could be thought that he's an entirely new asshole which isn't out of the question, after all there are a plethora of assholes out there. It's not out of the question that a new one found our message board and decided to start posting.RIP a word of wisdom. If you don't want people coming down on you at every turn try not to sound so happy when you talk about how shitty this team is. It's ok to be pessimistic in short bursts, but when you do it on every post, and furthermore sound f*cking delighted the browns are in this state your going to draw the ire of the fanbase here. Just a friendly hint from your neighborhood inspecta.....
I am not delighted at all, it is sickening. I just tell the truth, which angers people. We have a classic 5 year rebuilding program. Listen, I hope in year 2-3 we see some aspect of "greatness" from Mangini we saw say from past great coaches during the early years, but right now it is the long road. We might as well travel it with are feet grounded in reality, not fantasy.
That means no "oh, we have done such a great job with 2nd day draft picks lately" stuff needs to go. Guys like Hall,Rucker,Francies,Davis must be treated as nobodies because they are.
Vets like Willliams must be treated as busts, because that is how they have played here.
Reality isn't a hard way to travel. You have to accept your place in football right now.
-
@inspecta said:
I dunno RIP just feels like an asshole I've come across on this board before, just can't put my finger on it. It could be thought that he's an entirely new asshole which isn't out of the question, after all there are a plethora of assholes out there. It's not out of the question that a new one found our message board and decided to start posting.RIP a word of wisdom. If you don't want people coming down on you at every turn try not to sound so happy when you talk about how shitty this team is. It's ok to be pessimistic in short bursts, but when you do it on every post, and furthermore sound f*cking delighted the browns are in this state your going to draw the ire of the fanbase here. Just a friendly hint from your neighborhood inspecta.....
I am not delighted at all, it is sickening. I just tell the truth, which angers people. We have a classic 5 year rebuilding program. Listen, I hope in year 2-3 we see some aspect of "greatness" from Mangini we saw say from past great coaches during the early years, but right now it is the long road. We might as well travel it with are feet grounded in reality, not fantasy.
That means no "oh, we have done such a great job with 2nd day draft picks lately" stuff needs to go. Guys like Hall,Rucker,Francies,Davis must be treated as nobodies because they are.
Vets like Willliams must be treated as busts, because that is how they have played here.
Reality isn't a hard way to travel. You have to accept your place in football right now.
I just tell the truth, which angers people.
...
Yeah...I'm not sure that's what "angers" people, dude.
-
@inspecta said:
That really sucks about Harrison. I can't stress that enough. The kid really needed to get the reps in practice and in games to get caught up with Lewis and get some serious PT this year. Although this isn't Romeo so he might still get PT when he gets healthy. Let's hope that this is the caseDid they ever announce what his injury was?
-
@inspecta said:
I dunno RIP just feels like an asshole I've come across on this board before, just can't put my finger on it.Man, how tempting it is to comment on this...
-
@inspecta said:
I dunno RIP just feels like an asshole I've come across on this board before, just can't put my finger on it.Man, how tempting it is to comment on this...
Man, how tempting it is to comment on this...
Don't smell that finger 'specta
-
@shepwrite said:
...Browns QB Derek Anderson is known for his loosy-goosy way of approaching life, but he wants to make it well known that it doesn't affect the way he looks at his job. "I wouldn't say I'm goofy," he said. "I take pride in what I do. I just like to enjoy it when I'm on the field. I think (coach Eric Mangini) understands that."...They didn't say goofy, they said loosy-goosy.

Ahh well, so training camp ends as expected. DA looks a little better in camp and Quinn a little better in games.
Now, aren't we happy we spent all of this time debating?!
-
@shepwrite said:
Strangely enough, I think the whole damn thing comes down to one game against one of the league's best defenses.For shep to even consider this QB race equal, you know Quinn is getting his ass kicked by Anderson for the third year in a row.
Thanks for the update Mr. "90% chance DA gets traded before April" Guy.
-
@shepwrite said:
Strangely enough, I think the whole damn thing comes down to one game against one of the league's best defenses.For shep to even consider this QB race equal, you know Quinn is getting his ass kicked by Anderson for the third year in a row.
Thanks for the update Mr. "90% chance DA gets traded before April" Guy.
-
4:12:45 pm Browns QB Brady Quinn has thrown four straight short passes to RB Jamal Lewis in the two-minute drill, but hasn't shown accuracy on tosses more than 20 yards throughout camp. He just overthrew Josh Cribbs long.
this competition was orchestrated only to appease Randy Lerner and BQ Nation.
special thanks to OBR for reporting (making up shit) that said Quinn had the "inside track". That kept things interesting in the offseason at least (and kept those subscribers coming back for more).
-
I just tell the truth, which angers people.
...
Yeah...I'm not sure that's what "angers" people, dude.
mz. said:
...Yeah...I'm not sure that's what "angers" people, dude.
You know, that, "I just tell the truth" line is one that Rich and Tom V. used quite often.
Although I agree, RIP sounds much more educated (or at least sober) than Rich did in the majority of his posts.
What angers people, RIP, is not... "that you tell the truth..." but rather... "that you tell your version of the truth as though its gospel with a holier-than-thou attitude."
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login