WEDNESDAY Aug 26 PRACTICE UPDATES!!
-
@inspecta said:
I dunno RIP just feels like an asshole I've come across on this board before, just can't put my finger on it. It could be thought that he's an entirely new asshole which isn't out of the question, after all there are a plethora of assholes out there. It's not out of the question that a new one found our message board and decided to start posting.RIP a word of wisdom. If you don't want people coming down on you at every turn try not to sound so happy when you talk about how shitty this team is. It's ok to be pessimistic in short bursts, but when you do it on every post, and furthermore sound f*cking delighted the browns are in this state your going to draw the ire of the fanbase here. Just a friendly hint from your neighborhood inspecta.....
I am not delighted at all, it is sickening. I just tell the truth, which angers people. We have a classic 5 year rebuilding program. Listen, I hope in year 2-3 we see some aspect of "greatness" from Mangini we saw say from past great coaches during the early years, but right now it is the long road. We might as well travel it with are feet grounded in reality, not fantasy.
That means no "oh, we have done such a great job with 2nd day draft picks lately" stuff needs to go. Guys like Hall,Rucker,Francies,Davis must be treated as nobodies because they are.
Vets like Willliams must be treated as busts, because that is how they have played here.
Reality isn't a hard way to travel. You have to accept your place in football right now.
I just tell the truth, which angers people.
...
Yeah...I'm not sure that's what "angers" people, dude.
-
@inspecta said:
That really sucks about Harrison. I can't stress that enough. The kid really needed to get the reps in practice and in games to get caught up with Lewis and get some serious PT this year. Although this isn't Romeo so he might still get PT when he gets healthy. Let's hope that this is the caseDid they ever announce what his injury was?
-
@inspecta said:
I dunno RIP just feels like an asshole I've come across on this board before, just can't put my finger on it.Man, how tempting it is to comment on this...
-
@inspecta said:
I dunno RIP just feels like an asshole I've come across on this board before, just can't put my finger on it.Man, how tempting it is to comment on this...
Man, how tempting it is to comment on this...
Don't smell that finger 'specta
-
@shepwrite said:
...Browns QB Derek Anderson is known for his loosy-goosy way of approaching life, but he wants to make it well known that it doesn't affect the way he looks at his job. "I wouldn't say I'm goofy," he said. "I take pride in what I do. I just like to enjoy it when I'm on the field. I think (coach Eric Mangini) understands that."...They didn't say goofy, they said loosy-goosy.

Ahh well, so training camp ends as expected. DA looks a little better in camp and Quinn a little better in games.
Now, aren't we happy we spent all of this time debating?!
-
@shepwrite said:
Strangely enough, I think the whole damn thing comes down to one game against one of the league's best defenses.For shep to even consider this QB race equal, you know Quinn is getting his ass kicked by Anderson for the third year in a row.
Thanks for the update Mr. "90% chance DA gets traded before April" Guy.
-
@shepwrite said:
Strangely enough, I think the whole damn thing comes down to one game against one of the league's best defenses.For shep to even consider this QB race equal, you know Quinn is getting his ass kicked by Anderson for the third year in a row.
Thanks for the update Mr. "90% chance DA gets traded before April" Guy.
-
4:12:45 pm Browns QB Brady Quinn has thrown four straight short passes to RB Jamal Lewis in the two-minute drill, but hasn't shown accuracy on tosses more than 20 yards throughout camp. He just overthrew Josh Cribbs long.
this competition was orchestrated only to appease Randy Lerner and BQ Nation.
special thanks to OBR for reporting (making up shit) that said Quinn had the "inside track". That kept things interesting in the offseason at least (and kept those subscribers coming back for more).
-
I just tell the truth, which angers people.
...
Yeah...I'm not sure that's what "angers" people, dude.
mz. said:
...Yeah...I'm not sure that's what "angers" people, dude.
You know, that, "I just tell the truth" line is one that Rich and Tom V. used quite often.
Although I agree, RIP sounds much more educated (or at least sober) than Rich did in the majority of his posts.
What angers people, RIP, is not... "that you tell the truth..." but rather... "that you tell your version of the truth as though its gospel with a holier-than-thou attitude."
-
I would like to know who Tom V is as well........
-
4:12:45 pm Browns QB Brady Quinn has thrown four straight short passes to RB Jamal Lewis in the two-minute drill, but hasn't shown accuracy on tosses more than 20 yards throughout camp. He just overthrew Josh Cribbs long.
this competition was orchestrated only to appease Randy Lerner and BQ Nation.
special thanks to OBR for reporting (making up shit) that said Quinn had the "inside track". That kept things interesting in the offseason at least (and kept those subscribers coming back for more).
this competition was orchestrated only to appease Randy Lerner and BQ Nation.
special thanks to OBR for reporting (making up shit) that said Quinn had the "inside track". That kept things interesting in the offseason at least (and kept those subscribers coming back for more).
Yeah, I mean, it's not like Anderson has played like crap since about week 12 of the 2007 season or anything....
That wouldn't have anything to do with them opening up the QB competition in camp under a new coach.
-
mz. said:
...Yeah...I'm not sure that's what "angers" people, dude.
You know, that, "I just tell the truth" line is one that Rich and Tom V. used quite often.
Although I agree, RIP sounds much more educated (or at least sober) than Rich did in the majority of his posts.
What angers people, RIP, is not... "that you tell the truth..." but rather... "that you tell your version of the truth as though its gospel with a holier-than-thou attitude."
You know, that, "I just tell the truth" line is one that Rich and Tom V. used quite often.
Although I agree, RIP sounds much more educated (or at least sober) than Rich did in the majority of his posts.
What angers people, RIP, is not... "that you tell the truth..." but rather... "that you tell your version of the truth as though its gospel with a holier-than-thou attitude."
Hey, apparently I was right... the reference to Tom V. is actually a reference to G H O U L I E. Because I actually typed the G name, and the message board sensor changed it to Tom V.
-
4:12:45 pm Browns QB Brady Quinn has thrown four straight short passes to RB Jamal Lewis in the two-minute drill, but hasn't shown accuracy on tosses more than 20 yards throughout camp. He just overthrew Josh Cribbs long.
this competition was orchestrated only to appease Randy Lerner and BQ Nation.
special thanks to OBR for reporting (making up shit) that said Quinn had the "inside track". That kept things interesting in the offseason at least (and kept those subscribers coming back for more).
-
mz. said:
I'm sure it had nothing to do with trying to field the best team in order to, you know, win some football games.Of course not... I mean after all here is the absolute logic right?
One one hand, they are idiots for considering BQ
and the other they are too intelligent to do anything but start DA
ergo, they must be a new brand of intelligent idiots because they will start DA?! Huh?
Lumbergh seems to speak in riddles that when the two halves are put together, its like watching West Virginian Porn.
-
Hey Dan...thanks for the diligence in posting these update the last few weeks.
I am not sure if people who tweet would be called twits or twerps, but you are A-OK!
Thumbs up!!
-
Hey Dan...thanks for the diligence in posting these update the last few weeks.
I am not sure if people who tweet would be called twits or twerps, but you are A-OK!
Thumbs up!!
Hey Dan...thanks for the diligence in posting these update the last few weeks.
I am not sure if people who tweet would be called twits or twerps, but you are A-OK!
Thumbs up!!
My pleasure. I had some help when I couldn't post from my staff (OconRecon, Shep, etc).
Now let's kick some ass!
GO BROWNS!
-
The accuracy knock on Quinn is interesting.
In the limited game reps we've seen at the NFL level, the guy looks to be as accurate as anybody. Regularly hits guys in stride, etc. Sure, we've seen the errant pass or two but what QB doesn't do that? I'm just not seeing the accuracy problems IN GAMES. (Sorta where it counts, huh?)
-
The accuracy knock on Quinn is interesting.
In the limited game reps we've seen at the NFL level, the guy looks to be as accurate as anybody. Regularly hits guys in stride, etc. Sure, we've seen the errant pass or two but what QB doesn't do that? I'm just not seeing the accuracy problems IN GAMES. (Sorta where it counts, huh?)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login