Skip to content

WEDNESDAY Aug 26 PRACTICE UPDATES!!

The Browns Board
48 15 2.9k
  • 4:12:45 pm Browns QB Brady Quinn has thrown four straight short passes to RB Jamal Lewis in the two-minute drill, but hasn't shown accuracy on tosses more than 20 yards throughout camp. He just overthrew Josh Cribbs long.

    this competition was orchestrated only to appease Randy Lerner and BQ Nation.

    special thanks to OBR for reporting (making up shit) that said Quinn had the "inside track". That kept things interesting in the offseason at least (and kept those subscribers coming back for more).

    @lumbergh said:

    this competition was orchestrated only to appease Randy Lerner and BQ Nation.

    I'm sure it had nothing to do with trying to field the best team in order to, you know, win some football games.

  • @lumbergh said:

    this competition was orchestrated only to appease Randy Lerner and BQ Nation.

    I'm sure it had nothing to do with trying to field the best team in order to, you know, win some football games.

    mz. said:

    I'm sure it had nothing to do with trying to field the best team in order to, you know, win some football games.

    Of course not... I mean after all here is the absolute logic right?

    One one hand, they are idiots for considering BQ

    and the other they are too intelligent to do anything but start DA

    ergo, they must be a new brand of intelligent idiots because they will start DA?! Huh?

    Lumbergh seems to speak in riddles that when the two halves are put together, its like watching West Virginian Porn.

  • Hey Dan...thanks for the diligence in posting these update the last few weeks.

    I am not sure if people who tweet would be called twits or twerps, but you are A-OK!

    Thumbs up!!

  • Hey Dan...thanks for the diligence in posting these update the last few weeks.

    I am not sure if people who tweet would be called twits or twerps, but you are A-OK!

    Thumbs up!!

    @ballpeen said:

    Hey Dan...thanks for the diligence in posting these update the last few weeks.

    I am not sure if people who tweet would be called twits or twerps, but you are A-OK!

    Thumbs up!!

    My pleasure. I had some help when I couldn't post from my staff (OconRecon, Shep, etc).

    Now let's kick some ass!

    GO BROWNS!

  • The accuracy knock on Quinn is interesting.

    In the limited game reps we've seen at the NFL level, the guy looks to be as accurate as anybody. Regularly hits guys in stride, etc. Sure, we've seen the errant pass or two but what QB doesn't do that? I'm just not seeing the accuracy problems IN GAMES. (Sorta where it counts, huh?)

  • The accuracy knock on Quinn is interesting.

    In the limited game reps we've seen at the NFL level, the guy looks to be as accurate as anybody. Regularly hits guys in stride, etc. Sure, we've seen the errant pass or two but what QB doesn't do that? I'm just not seeing the accuracy problems IN GAMES. (Sorta where it counts, huh?)

    @greythan said:

    I'm just not seeing the accuracy problems IN GAMES. (Sorta where it counts, huh?)

    Yes, that is definitely where it counts. Let's take a closer look at Quinn's accuracy:

    Brady Quinn

    48 completed passes in the NFL

    49 incomplete passes in the NFL

    49.5% completion percentage

  • @greythan said:

    I'm just not seeing the accuracy problems IN GAMES. (Sorta where it counts, huh?)

    Yes, that is definitely where it counts. Let's take a closer look at Quinn's accuracy:

    Brady Quinn

    48 completed passes in the NFL

    49 incomplete passes in the NFL

    49.5% completion percentage

    @lumbergh said:

    Yes, that is definitely where it counts. Let's take a closer look at Quinn's accuracy:

    Brady Quinn

    48 completed passes in the NFL

    49 incomplete passes in the NFL

    49.5% completion percentage

    Here's some more accuracy, 2009 preseason.

    Derek Anderson

    8 completed passes

    7 incomplete passes

    53% completion percentage

    2 INT

    43 Qb rating

  • mz. said:

    I'm sure it had nothing to do with trying to field the best team in order to, you know, win some football games.

    Of course not... I mean after all here is the absolute logic right?

    One one hand, they are idiots for considering BQ

    and the other they are too intelligent to do anything but start DA

    ergo, they must be a new brand of intelligent idiots because they will start DA?! Huh?

    Lumbergh seems to speak in riddles that when the two halves are put together, its like watching West Virginian Porn.

    @thaak said:

    ts like watching West Virginian Porn.

    Now that's just disgusting.

    toothless.jpg

  • @shepwrite said:

    Bad stats for the guy who had a 104 rating in his only healthy start are totally valid. There are no asterisks for broken index fingers on your passing hand!

    However, when Anderson is the 32nd ranked passer in football last year and has a 43 rating this preseason, I'm sure that's deceptive and it's obvious that any competition with first round pick Brady Quinn is too absurd to be taken seriously.

    I wonder if Lums even knows what he's typing... or is it like that monkey experiment? There seems to be zero logic.

    But I will give him this: I've never seen a man more in love with a football player in my life. I am not kidding.

    Not so sure about that Shep... although I've never seen a man more in love with an average football player in my life.

  • @thaak said:

    ts like watching West Virginian Porn.

    Now that's just disgusting.

    toothless.jpg

    mz. said:

    Now that's just disgusting.

    toothless.jpg

    hehe... wondering if I'd get a response on that.