Anthony Schwartz Hamstring Injury
-
Schwartz is a burner it is what the browns needed they didn't need another 4.5 40 possession receiver. he wouldn't play and he wouldn't help the offense.
did you guys watch the KC game ? the browns receivers were getting squeezed they weren't scared to get beat deep and they squeezed the field so it was hard to run and hard to throw into the short and intermediate levels .
hopefully Schwartz and OBJ can help this year if teams try and do that again.
-
Schwartz is a burner it is what the browns needed they didn't need another 4.5 40 possession receiver. he wouldn't play and he wouldn't help the offense.
did you guys watch the KC game ? the browns receivers were getting squeezed they weren't scared to get beat deep and they squeezed the field so it was hard to run and hard to throw into the short and intermediate levels .
hopefully Schwartz and OBJ can help this year if teams try and do that again.
Schwartz is a burner it is what the browns needed they didn't need another 4.5 40 possession receiver. he wouldn't play and he wouldn't help the offense.
This is very well said, if not well written. I totally believe that this new regime is all about speed, quickness and athleticism. The LB'ers they've brought in....the CB's, DE's, WR's, Felton, Natson....with all of the TE's they've brought in and Njoku is still here....why is he still here? Because he's got athleticism. You can't teach that.
It reminds of when Rooney hired Chuck Knoll. He told Knoll that no matter who he hires, the team is always bad (the Browns used to kick the shit out of them all the time back then). So one day, he told this to his Steelers in a team meeting. He said, I've watched all of the tape on your games. I've seen you in practice. And I know what the problem is. You're not fast, can't jump high, you're not particularly powerful or shifty. You're just not very good and quite frankly I'm going to have to replace most of you. - This story was told by a player who was in the meeting...and was one of the few players in that room who went on to win super bowls and make pro bowls. - Ya gotta have the guys that can run faster and jump higher.
-
Hill is definitely next level. Schwartz need to figure out how to be healthy as best as possible and be our speed threat for our offense to really hit top potential. If he can do that, we're not going to be fun. Just having him on the field makes the defense at least think a little.
I suppose it gets back to experience and knowing how to switch gears as a WR...
-
Also stretching is a good idea... Or so I've been told... I never pulled a hammie... a quad once, but never a hammie.
My first pulled hammy was playing fall ball softball in Cuyahoga Falls. Hit a line drive to the wall, splitting the left and right centerfielders, was rounding second, going to third when I heard a pop and went down face first. Tried to crawl to third base, got tagged out. Good times. ? Pulled it again years later, then my groin a year or so after that. All playing softball in the cool, Ohio fall nights. Getting old is fun.
-
If there was only some way to fix the fact that you believe in January 6th conspiracies... ?
They believe in a lot of other stuff- but let's leave that over on conspiracy central AKA the Poli board.
Cal probably accidentally posted a link here that was meant for over there.
-
Also stretching is a good idea... Or so I've been told... I never pulled a hammie... a quad once, but never a hammie.
My first pulled hammy was playing fall ball softball in Cuyahoga Falls. Hit a line drive to the wall, splitting the left and right centerfielders, was rounding second, going to third when I heard a pop and went down face first. Tried to crawl to third base, got tagged out. Good times. ? Pulled it again years later, then my groin a year or so after that. All playing softball in the cool, Ohio fall nights. Getting old is fun.
My first pulled hammy was playing fall ball softball in Cuyahoga Falls. Hit a line drive to the wall, splitting the left and right centerfielders, was rounding second, going to third when I heard a pop and went down face first. Tried to crawl to third base, got tagged out. Good times. ? Pulled it again years later, then my groin a year or so after that. All playing softball in the cool, Ohio fall nights. Getting old is fun.
which is why i stick with 12 ounce curls
-
Also stretching is a good idea... Or so I've been told... I never pulled a hammie... a quad once, but never a hammie.
My first pulled hammy was playing fall ball softball in Cuyahoga Falls. Hit a line drive to the wall, splitting the left and right centerfielders, was rounding second, going to third when I heard a pop and went down face first. Tried to crawl to third base, got tagged out. Good times. ? Pulled it again years later, then my groin a year or so after that. All playing softball in the cool, Ohio fall nights. Getting old is fun.
All playing softball in the cool, Ohio fall nights. Getting old is fun.
I switched to golf by that point. But then, that's where I hurt my back...which hurts off and on until the day I die.
-
Speaking of hamstrings, (if someone else mentioned this already I haven't seen it) but Grant Delpit apparently has hurt his.
Definitely do not want to see this kid hurt already, and Ronnie Harrison is down with a hammy injury too. Harrison is a good player, but man, he seems to made of glass. Hopefully neither injury is serious, they don't seem to be concerned.
-
I figure ...maybe the covid restrictions plays a part in all the hamstring injuries.
NFL funding study on its most common injury: hamstrings
The NFL is funding a study that will investigate the prevention and treatment of hamstring injuries. They are the most common NFL injuries and nearly 75% of them result in missed time.Packers: Aaron Jones joins long list of injured players at ...
Latest Packers injury/DNP list: Aaron Jones (hamstring) Kenny Clark (groin) Rashan Gary (groin) Juwann Winfree (shoulder) Equanimeous St. Brown (hamstring) Kamal Martin (knee) Randy Ramsey (ankle ...Giants WR Kenny Golladay (hamstring) expected to ... - nfl.com
After further testing, New York Giants receiver Kenny Golladay will miss a few weeks due to a hamstring injury. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Golladay will be out 2 to 3 ... -
Speaking of hamstrings, (if someone else mentioned this already I haven't seen it) but Grant Delpit apparently has hurt his.
Definitely do not want to see this kid hurt already, and Ronnie Harrison is down with a hammy injury too. Harrison is a good player, but man, he seems to made of glass. Hopefully neither injury is serious, they don't seem to be concerned.
Speaking of hamstrings, (if someone else mentioned this already I haven't seen it) but Grant Delpit apparently has hurt his.
Definitely do not want to see this kid hurt already, and Ronnie Harrison is down with a hammy injury too. Harrison is a good player, but man, he seems to made of glass. Hopefully neither injury is serious, they don't seem to be concerned.
And now Myles Garrett
-
I figure ...maybe the covid restrictions plays a part in all the hamstring injuries.
NFL funding study on its most common injury: hamstrings
The NFL is funding a study that will investigate the prevention and treatment of hamstring injuries. They are the most common NFL injuries and nearly 75% of them result in missed time.Packers: Aaron Jones joins long list of injured players at ...
Latest Packers injury/DNP list: Aaron Jones (hamstring) Kenny Clark (groin) Rashan Gary (groin) Juwann Winfree (shoulder) Equanimeous St. Brown (hamstring) Kamal Martin (knee) Randy Ramsey (ankle ...Giants WR Kenny Golladay (hamstring) expected to ... - nfl.com
After further testing, New York Giants receiver Kenny Golladay will miss a few weeks due to a hamstring injury. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Golladay will be out 2 to 3 ...I figure ...maybe the covid restrictions plays a part in all the hamstring injuries.
NFL funding study on its most common injury: hamstrings
The NFL is funding a study that will investigate the prevention and treatment of hamstring injuries. They are the most common NFL injuries and nearly 75% of them result in missed time.Packers: Aaron Jones joins long list of injured players at ...
Latest Packers injury/DNP list: Aaron Jones (hamstring) Kenny Clark (groin) Rashan Gary (groin) Juwann Winfree (shoulder) Equanimeous St. Brown (hamstring) Kamal Martin (knee) Randy Ramsey (ankle ...Giants WR Kenny Golladay (hamstring) expected to ... - nfl.com
After further testing, New York Giants receiver Kenny Golladay will miss a few weeks due to a hamstring injury. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Golladay will be out 2 to 3 ...I've always felt that part of what leads to hammy issues are over developed quads vis a vis to the hamstrings and hip flexors themselves. This is where someone such as Tom Brady talks about muscle pliability being as important as muscle development.
Squatting 600lbs is cool, but at some point the development might just be too* much...?
-
The following players did not practice today due to injury: S Grant Delpit (hamstring), Tony Fields II (foot), DE Myles Garrett (hamstring), G Blake Hance (ankle), S Ronnie Harrison Jr. (hamstring), WR Alexander Hollins (hamstring), DT Malik McDowell (rib), LB Montrel Meander (hamstring), TE David Njoku (shoulder), S Sheldrick Redwine (ankle), WR Anthony Schwartz (hamstring), CB Denzel Ward (soreness). Clowney rested and Takk McKinley is still excused for a personal reason. Rookie defensive tackle Marvin Wilson walked off the field with a heat-related issue.
-
Schwartz back at practice today. Come on, kid!
-
Let’s hope you are wrong and he can stay healthy. If you are right he’s just a way undersized JAG trying to learn the position.
Let’s hope you are wrong and he can stay healthy. If you are right he’s just a way undersized JAG trying to learn the position.
I loved seeing him in the preseason game! It's funny, we tried a go route and Baker actually made a great throw but Schwartz quit on the route. Schwartz jumped 9ne step early instead of remaining in stride or else the throw is probably perfect. That's just a timing thing and something that can be ironed out. Schwartz being in the preseason game means he's healthy enough to practice and he'll be ready for week 1 pending a setback.
-
Let’s hope you are wrong and he can stay healthy. If you are right he’s just a way undersized JAG trying to learn the position.
I loved seeing him in the preseason game! It's funny, we tried a go route and Baker actually made a great throw but Schwartz quit on the route. Schwartz jumped 9ne step early instead of remaining in stride or else the throw is probably perfect. That's just a timing thing and something that can be ironed out. Schwartz being in the preseason game means he's healthy enough to practice and he'll be ready for week 1 pending a setback.
I loved seeing him in the preseason game! It's funny, we tried a go route and Baker actually made a great throw but Schwartz quit on the route. Schwartz jumped 9ne step early instead of remaining in stride or else the throw is probably perfect. That's just a timing thing and something that can be ironed out. Schwartz being in the preseason game means he's healthy enough to practice and he'll be ready for week 1 pending a setback.
First play deep strike TD against KC? I can see it happening.
-
I loved seeing him in the preseason game! It's funny, we tried a go route and Baker actually made a great throw but Schwartz quit on the route. Schwartz jumped 9ne step early instead of remaining in stride or else the throw is probably perfect. That's just a timing thing and something that can be ironed out. Schwartz being in the preseason game means he's healthy enough to practice and he'll be ready for week 1 pending a setback.
First play deep strike TD against KC? I can see it happening.
First play deep strike TD against KC? I can see it happening.
Hehe, man...can you imagine? I'd bet anything on our best run play. Calm the nerves, try to get a few yards, lean on your strength.
But...I could also see it your way, too! However, it wouldn't be Schwartz, it'd be OBJ. I have a sneaking suspicion he's healthier than Browns are letting on. It might not be the first play, but if we get to around KC 40 yard line, it'll be a look for OBJ, book it.
-
First play deep strike TD against KC? I can see it happening.
Hehe, man...can you imagine? I'd bet anything on our best run play. Calm the nerves, try to get a few yards, lean on your strength.
But...I could also see it your way, too! However, it wouldn't be Schwartz, it'd be OBJ. I have a sneaking suspicion he's healthier than Browns are letting on. It might not be the first play, but if we get to around KC 40 yard line, it'll be a look for OBJ, book it.
Hehe, man...can you imagine? I'd bet anything on our best run play. Calm the nerves, try to get a few yards, lean on your strength.
But...I could also see it your way, too! However, it wouldn't be Schwartz, it'd be OBJ. I have a sneaking suspicion he's healthier than Browns are letting on. It might not be the first play, but if we get to around KC 40 yard line, it'll be a look for OBJ, book it.
I don't expect much from Schwartz this season.. Year 2 and 3 .. I expect a big jump...
-
Hehe, man...can you imagine? I'd bet anything on our best run play. Calm the nerves, try to get a few yards, lean on your strength.
But...I could also see it your way, too! However, it wouldn't be Schwartz, it'd be OBJ. I have a sneaking suspicion he's healthier than Browns are letting on. It might not be the first play, but if we get to around KC 40 yard line, it'll be a look for OBJ, book it.
I don't expect much from Schwartz this season.. Year 2 and 3 .. I expect a big jump...
I don't expect much from Schwartz this season.. Year 2 and 3 .. I expect a big jump...
I 100% agree. My hope for his potential high end would be something like 2-3 rushing tds and maybe 1-2 receiving tds. Why so many rushing tds? Because I firmly believe we're going to run the ball with Schwartz 3-4 times a game out of either a jet sweep or orbit motion. Again, these are my HIGH end predictions. It's entirely possible that Schwartz only has 10 receptions this year but out of those 10, 2-3 could be tds.
A lot of it will also come down to Baker. I can virtually guarantee you Schwartz will bust loose throughout the season, but Baker is going to have to deliver the ball. And although it won't show up in the stat sheet, there's a good possibility Schwartz will draw some pass interference penalties for us, too.
We've all heard about Schwartz's speed, but if he's healthy, there aren't many players in the league who can do what he can. It's difficult to replicate in practice and if we catch someone on an end around, he can get down field quickly.
Let's not kid ourselves, assuming everyone stays healthy, our receiving numbers will look like this:
OBJ - 1200 yards, 8 tds
Landry - 1000 yards, 7 tds
DPJ - 500 yards, 4 tds
Higgins - 500 yards, 4 tds
Schwartz - 250 yards, 2 tds
IF Schwartz stays healthy and stays on the field every week, he'll have a real chance to be a weapon down the road.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login