Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Subway Franchisees Pressure Company to Nix Megan Rapinoe from Ads

Subway Franchisees Pressure Company to Nix Megan Rapinoe from Ads

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
48 Posts 11 Posters 1.7k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Vambo VamboV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter First Post Posting Machine Collaborator Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 18k Posts
    • 6k Reputation
    VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
    #1

    https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2021/08/07/report-subway-franchisees-pressure-company-to-nix-megan-rapinoe-from-ads/?fbclid=IwAR1IxVoFeJyQgSHSkYGJzQlt4PQi-jsa4I8eMuAT1I_PWRHvlS3pgHSMrdE

    Megan Rapinoe created more controversy during the Tokyo Olympics, and some Subway franchisees are reportedly urging the fast-food company to let her go.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
      • 64k Posts
      • 8k Reputation
      C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Darm. I thought it was spelled "Rapinisaho"

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
        • 39k Posts
        • 9k Reputation
        W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
        #3

        After all the anti Subway news that's been all over the place I'm stunned that they went through the entire campaign yapping about changing their menu and decided upon her as a spokesperson. I think I prefer Jared the child porn guy, but it's a toss-up.

        Then again they do make a tasty sandwich and I'm not a big boycott guy. But if there's a Quiznos nearby I might pick it only because they are just as good or better.

        WSS

        www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 10k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I like the tuna sub there. The tuna doesn’t have any stuff added to it. No nuts, celery, onions, or fruit 

          As for Rapinoe, go away already, your 15 minutes are up

          "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
          1 Reply Last reply
          👍
          Quote Reply
          • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
            • 28k Posts
            • 6k Reputation
            DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Subway blows.

            "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
            AxeA 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

              Subway blows.

              Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 10k Posts
              • 8k Reputation
              AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @diehardbrownsfan said:

              Subway blows.

              Nope,  go in and order a deluxe meatball sub. Have them put a bed of spicy pepperoni under the 12 meatballs... Then thank me later 😉

              Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
              hammertimeH 1 Reply Last reply
              👍
              Quote Reply
              • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                • 28k Posts
                • 6k Reputation
                DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I'll give it a try.

                "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • AxeA Axe

                  @diehardbrownsfan said:

                  Subway blows.

                  Nope,  go in and order a deluxe meatball sub. Have them put a bed of spicy pepperoni under the 12 meatballs... Then thank me later 😉

                  hammertime hammertimeH Dedicated Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                  • 4k Posts
                  • 2k Reputation
                  hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @axe said:

                  Nope,  go in and order a deluxe meatball sub. Have them put a bed of spicy pepperoni under the 12 meatballs... Then thank me later 😉

                  My esophagus is burning already as I run for my Pepcid A/C…

                  guns don't kill kids-pitt bulls do.
                  AxeA 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • hammertimeH hammertime

                    @axe said:

                    Nope,  go in and order a deluxe meatball sub. Have them put a bed of spicy pepperoni under the 12 meatballs... Then thank me later 😉

                    My esophagus is burning already as I run for my Pepcid A/C…

                    Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 10k Posts
                    • 8k Reputation
                    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by Axe
                    #9

                    @hammertime said:

                    My esophagus is burning already as I run for my Pepcid A/C…

                    It's not that hot.. I have onions and Parmesan cheese put on top.. ?  

                     You could use regular Pepperoni I suppose .. I always have them put the Provolone cheese on top of the pepperoni and under the meatballs so it doesn't stick to the freakin wrapper 😉

                    The wife and I would split one of these often when I could eat. 🙁

                    Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
                    hammertimeH 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • AxeA Axe

                      @hammertime said:

                      My esophagus is burning already as I run for my Pepcid A/C…

                      It's not that hot.. I have onions and Parmesan cheese put on top.. ?  

                       You could use regular Pepperoni I suppose .. I always have them put the Provolone cheese on top of the pepperoni and under the meatballs so it doesn't stick to the freakin wrapper 😉

                      The wife and I would split one of these often when I could eat. 🙁

                      hammertime hammertimeH Dedicated Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                      • 4k Posts
                      • 2k Reputation
                      hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @axe said:

                      It's not that hot.. I have onions and Parmesan cheese put on top.. ?  

                       You could use regular Pepperoni I suppose .. I always have them put the Provolone cheese on top of the pepperoni and under the meatballs so it doesn't stick to the freakin wrapper 😉

                      The wife and I would split one of these often when I could eat. 🙁

                      I love the spice , its the acid reflux that dooms me in the middle of the night.   I hope your doing ok.

                      guns don't kill kids-pitt bulls do.
                      AxeA 1 Reply Last reply
                      👍
                      Quote Reply
                      • hammertimeH hammertime

                        @axe said:

                        It's not that hot.. I have onions and Parmesan cheese put on top.. ?  

                         You could use regular Pepperoni I suppose .. I always have them put the Provolone cheese on top of the pepperoni and under the meatballs so it doesn't stick to the freakin wrapper 😉

                        The wife and I would split one of these often when I could eat. 🙁

                        I love the spice , its the acid reflux that dooms me in the middle of the night.   I hope your doing ok.

                        Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 10k Posts
                        • 8k Reputation
                        AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by Axe
                        #11

                        @hammertime said:

                         I hope your doing ok.

                        Thanks man.. It's been a tough year.

                        Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        👍
                        Quote Reply
                        • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                          • 14k Posts
                          • 5k Reputation
                          nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          I like the stand by BMT.. But until they can that POS.. I'm not buying anything from them...

                          Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                            • 33k Posts
                            • 3k Reputation
                            MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Never surprising to see MAGAs act like snowflakes. Use your wallet and boycott subway, sure. No problem. Just hard to go after anyone on the left for being "offended" or "snowflakes" when MAGAs are posting letters on Subways and ranting at like workers because Rapinoe is in an ad. 

                            Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                            DieHardBrownsFanD Canton DawgC VamboV W 4 Replies Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                              Never surprising to see MAGAs act like snowflakes. Use your wallet and boycott subway, sure. No problem. Just hard to go after anyone on the left for being "offended" or "snowflakes" when MAGAs are posting letters on Subways and ranting at like workers because Rapinoe is in an ad. 

                              DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                              • 28k Posts
                              • 6k Reputation
                              DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @mld-woody said:

                              Never surprising to see MAGAs act like snowflakes. Use your wallet and boycott subway, sure. No problem. Just hard to go after anyone on the left for being "offended" or "snowflakes" when MAGAs are posting letters on Subways and ranting at like workers because Rapinoe is in an ad. 

                              Shut up snowflake.😁

                              "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              👍
                              Quote Reply
                              • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                                Never surprising to see MAGAs act like snowflakes. Use your wallet and boycott subway, sure. No problem. Just hard to go after anyone on the left for being "offended" or "snowflakes" when MAGAs are posting letters on Subways and ranting at like workers because Rapinoe is in an ad. 

                                Canton Dawg Canton DawgC Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                                • 12k Posts
                                • 7k Reputation
                                Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @mld-woody said:

                                Never surprising to see MAGAs act like snowflakes. Use your wallet and boycott subway, sure. No problem. Just hard to go after anyone on the left for being "offended" or "snowflakes" when MAGAs are posting letters on Subways and ranting at like workers because Rapinoe is in an ad. 

                                You’re a moron.

                                Two things that will define you: Your determination when you have nothing. Your attitude when you have everything. - Mike McCartney
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                👍 😂
                                Quote Reply
                                • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                                  Never surprising to see MAGAs act like snowflakes. Use your wallet and boycott subway, sure. No problem. Just hard to go after anyone on the left for being "offended" or "snowflakes" when MAGAs are posting letters on Subways and ranting at like workers because Rapinoe is in an ad. 

                                  Vambo VamboV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter First Post Posting Machine Collaborator Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                  • 18k Posts
                                  • 6k Reputation
                                  VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @mld-woody said:

                                  Never surprising to see MAGAs act like snowflakes. Use your wallet and boycott subway, sure. No problem. Just hard to go after anyone on the left for being "offended" or "snowflakes" when MAGAs are posting letters on Subways and ranting at like workers because Rapinoe is in an ad. 

                                  230325221_537680634323381_7149324631189164693_n.jpg.375f6b4ddd6850cc903ed490efb68a41.jpg

                                  C 1 Reply Last reply
                                  👍
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Vambo VamboV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter First Post Posting Machine Collaborator Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                    • 18k Posts
                                    • 6k Reputation
                                    VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
                                    #17
                                    Subway franchisees fed up with 'anti-American' Megan Rapinoe's TV ads
                                    KICKING UP CONTROVERSY

                                    Subway franchisees fed up with 'anti-American' Megan Rapinoe's TV ads

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    👍
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • VamboV Vambo

                                      @mld-woody said:

                                      Never surprising to see MAGAs act like snowflakes. Use your wallet and boycott subway, sure. No problem. Just hard to go after anyone on the left for being "offended" or "snowflakes" when MAGAs are posting letters on Subways and ranting at like workers because Rapinoe is in an ad. 

                                      230325221_537680634323381_7149324631189164693_n.jpg.375f6b4ddd6850cc903ed490efb68a41.jpg

                                      calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                      • 64k Posts
                                      • 8k Reputation
                                      C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @vambo said:

                                      230325221_537680634323381_7149324631189164693_n.jpg.375f6b4ddd6850cc903ed490efb68a41.jpg

                                      @vambo said:

                                      Subway franchisees fed up with 'anti-American' Megan Rapinoe's TV ads
                                      KICKING UP CONTROVERSY

                                      Subway franchisees fed up with 'anti-American' Megan Rapinoe's TV ads

                                      LOL LOL LOL LOL.

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      👍
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                                        Never surprising to see MAGAs act like snowflakes. Use your wallet and boycott subway, sure. No problem. Just hard to go after anyone on the left for being "offended" or "snowflakes" when MAGAs are posting letters on Subways and ranting at like workers because Rapinoe is in an ad. 

                                        Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                        • 39k Posts
                                        • 9k Reputation
                                        W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @mld-woody said:

                                        Never surprising to see MAGAs act like snowflakes. Use your wallet and boycott subway, sure. No problem. Just hard to go after anyone on the left for being "offended" or "snowflakes" when MAGAs are posting letters on Subways and ranting at like workers because Rapinoe is in an ad. 

                                        Of course as a private business they would have every right to cancel advertising spots that featured someone who was offensive to most customers? Wouldn't that be the case? I don't suppose the amount of Subs that you would buy because of her endorsement would make up for that difference? I realize that Jared was more up your, well, alley.

                                        WSS

                                        www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                        Browns149B MLD WoodyM 2 Replies Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • W Westside Steve

                                          @mld-woody said:

                                          Never surprising to see MAGAs act like snowflakes. Use your wallet and boycott subway, sure. No problem. Just hard to go after anyone on the left for being "offended" or "snowflakes" when MAGAs are posting letters on Subways and ranting at like workers because Rapinoe is in an ad. 

                                          Of course as a private business they would have every right to cancel advertising spots that featured someone who was offensive to most customers? Wouldn't that be the case? I don't suppose the amount of Subs that you would buy because of her endorsement would make up for that difference? I realize that Jared was more up your, well, alley.

                                          WSS

                                          Browns149 Browns149B Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 10k Posts
                                          • 2k Reputation
                                          Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by Browns149
                                          #20

                                          @westside-steve said:

                                          Of course as a private business they would have every right to cancel advertising spots that featured someone who was offensive to most customers? Wouldn't that be the case? I don't suppose the amount of Subs that you would buy because of her endorsement would make up for that difference? I realize that Jared was more up your, well, alley.

                                          WSS

                                          How do you know she is offensive to “most” customers?

                                          If that was the case, wouldn’t she be gone by now?

                                          Offensive, maybe. Annoying, definitely 

                                          "And they don't really know even what they're talkin' about And I can't imagine what empty heads can achieve."
                                          W 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate