Around The League
-
a 2022 6th round pick...
Good Player.. on a fired Jags GM.. overpay..
Not many here, were ever thinking of paying The Show that kind of deal
Totally agree. He got paid a lot to go to Jax otherwise I think he would still be a brown. He’s as stated a smart player and very good in coverage. Tomlin has always been big on him. I also think Urban Meyer is a little goofy, I know blasphemy in this state.
Totally agree. He got paid a lot to go to Jax otherwise I think he would still be a brown. He’s as stated a smart player and very good in coverage. Tomlin has always been big on him. I also think Urban Meyer is a little goofy, I know blasphemy in this state.
RE: the Jags & Urban the Turban.
Maybe they're going to try and follow the Browns model- tank two years running to get another #1 overall... Urban will be remembers as one of the greatest college coaches ever. As you well know- the number of great college coaches who totally flopped in the pros is huge.. We will see....
And regarding the Jags- they never should have gotten an NFL franchise in the first place. Been through the area once- and MHO is it isn't big enough to support a team. Maybe if they're winning, but in those losing years the stadium was 1\2 empty.
-
Totally agree. He got paid a lot to go to Jax otherwise I think he would still be a brown. He’s as stated a smart player and very good in coverage. Tomlin has always been big on him. I also think Urban Meyer is a little goofy, I know blasphemy in this state.
RE: the Jags & Urban the Turban.
Maybe they're going to try and follow the Browns model- tank two years running to get another #1 overall... Urban will be remembers as one of the greatest college coaches ever. As you well know- the number of great college coaches who totally flopped in the pros is huge.. We will see....
And regarding the Jags- they never should have gotten an NFL franchise in the first place. Been through the area once- and MHO is it isn't big enough to support a team. Maybe if they're winning, but in those losing years the stadium was 1\2 empty.
And regarding the Jags- they never should have gotten an NFL franchise in the first place. Been through the area once- and MHO is it isn't big enough to support a team. Maybe if they're winning, but in those losing years the stadium was 1\2 empty.
Bingo!!!
NFL should have awarded either Baltimore or St. Louis an expansion team over Jax.
Art, Jerry Jones, & Kraft steered it away. Totally asinine.
-
Totally agree. He got paid a lot to go to Jax otherwise I think he would still be a brown. He’s as stated a smart player and very good in coverage. Tomlin has always been big on him. I also think Urban Meyer is a little goofy, I know blasphemy in this state.
RE: the Jags & Urban the Turban.
Maybe they're going to try and follow the Browns model- tank two years running to get another #1 overall... Urban will be remembers as one of the greatest college coaches ever. As you well know- the number of great college coaches who totally flopped in the pros is huge.. We will see....
And regarding the Jags- they never should have gotten an NFL franchise in the first place. Been through the area once- and MHO is it isn't big enough to support a team. Maybe if they're winning, but in those losing years the stadium was 1\2 empty.
RE: the Jags & Urban the Turban.
Maybe they're going to try and follow the Browns model- tank two years running to get another #1 overall... Urban will be remembers as one of the greatest college coaches ever. As you well know- the number of great college coaches who totally flopped in the pros is huge.. We will see....
And regarding the Jags- they never should have gotten an NFL franchise in the first place. Been through the area once- and MHO is it isn't big enough to support a team. Maybe if they're winning, but in those losing years the stadium was 1\2 empty.
The jags have had some pretty solid runs, the Fred Taylor era for example. I don’t know if I agree that they shouldn’t have a franchise but I do agree that big time college coaches tend to flop. I really think Urban is going to be one of them. Who knows, totally unproven. The Tebow circus will also be interesting. I believe he’s currently the 4th string tight end. Lol
-
Lmfao, steelers traded for a guy that's only capable of being a standout on terrible teams.
Any decent teams he's below average lb
-
Lmfao, steelers traded for a guy that's only capable of being a standout on terrible teams.
Any decent teams he's below average lb
Lmfao, steelers traded for a guy that's only capable of being a standout on terrible teams.
Any decent teams he's below average lb
Makes zero sense. He won’t be asked to do as much in the Pittsburgh defense and he’s very good in coverage. The Steelers also only gave up a 6th and if he doesn’t work out they can release him with zero dead money next season. It’s pretty simple. He’s a tackle machine and again athletic in coverage. No brainer trade from a position of need with Williams retiring and Spillane looking poor.
-
Steelers are desperate. I can’t imagine bragging about signing joe schobert lol. He misses so many tackles. Schobert is ok, not a scrub, average. Browns didn’t resign him and jags didn’t want him either.
Who is bragging? I’m pretty happy with the trade, they gave up a late round pick. I’d have to look again but I believe it’s a 6th. I’ve always thought he was pretty good, specifically in coverage and that’s where he will be needed to open bush up to more of a Swiss Army knife role. I assume the jags traded him because of scheme because the jags FO changed. All I know is I absolutely love all the Steelers doubters. It’s naive, hilarious and blind. A good bunch seem to act like the Steelers are void of talent, you all are gonna find out. I will be here for it too:
Who is bragging? I’m pretty happy with the trade, they gave up a late round pick. I’d have to look again but I believe it’s a 6th. I’ve always thought he was pretty good, specifically in coverage and that’s where he will be needed to open bush up to more of a Swiss Army knife role. I assume the jags traded him because of scheme because the jags FO changed. All I know is I absolutely love all the Steelers doubters. It’s naive, hilarious and blind. A good bunch seem to act like the Steelers are void of talent, you all are gonna find out. I will be here for it too:
He is a average LB Always is up there in tackles, Although most are after a 3-4 yrd gain, I was not sad to see him go. I believe he will be fine for steelers as they will utilize him as a pass rusher / cover LB
-
All teams have cut down to 85 players...
updated NFL player cuts tracker.. https://www.nfl.com/news/player-cuts-tracker-nfl-teams-53-man-rosters-for-2021-season
-
Panthers trade OT Little to Dolphins for 2022 7th rounder Miami signed Cameron Erving to start at LT. Announcer voice: They quickly realized they had made a terrible mistake.
-
Jags RB Travis Etienne on IR, out for season with a Lisfranc
-
JK Dobbins
during play #9 of Ravens last preseason earlier tonite. Washington shoulder pad hit Dobbins knee just as he planted --> knee was hyperextended.Similar injury to Giannis during the NBA playoffs - could be weeks, could be the season.. Either way, Dobbins' hopes for being drafted by me in the first round of our points league draft are over!
-
An MRI today confirmed that Ravens’ RB J.K. Dobbins, one of the top young running backs in the game, suffered a season-ending torn ACL, per source.
-
Cuts from other teams - I'll add to this post thruout the week
Breshad Perriman - Not sure what value this is.. he got cut from the Lions roster which carried over only Quintez Cephus at WR from last year's roster.
Garrett Gilbert -- Someone named Cooper Rush now backs up Dak. I'm pretty sure that's a Gatorade flavor and not a real person.
Desmond Trufant
Nickell Robey-Coleman
Mike Daniels
Equanimeous St. Brown
Keke Coutee
Cornell Powell [2021 5th round]
John Brown
Travis Fulgham
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Travis Benjamin
Dez Fitzpatrick [2021 4th round]
-
An MRI today confirmed that Ravens’ RB J.K. Dobbins, one of the top young running backs in the game, suffered a season-ending torn ACL, per source.
An MRI today confirmed that Ravens’ RB J.K. Dobbins, one of the top young running backs in the game, suffered a season-ending torn ACL, per source.
Saw the Dobbins injury when it happened Gumby. I had no doubt whatsoever it was an ACL. The human knee is not meant to bend in that direction.
-
Cuts from other teams - I'll add to this post thruout the week
Breshad Perriman - Not sure what value this is.. he got cut from the Lions roster which carried over only Quintez Cephus at WR from last year's roster.
Garrett Gilbert -- Someone named Cooper Rush now backs up Dak. I'm pretty sure that's a Gatorade flavor and not a real person.
Desmond Trufant
Nickell Robey-Coleman
Mike Daniels
Equanimeous St. Brown
Keke Coutee
Cornell Powell [2021 5th round]
John Brown
Travis Fulgham
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Travis Benjamin
Dez Fitzpatrick [2021 4th round]
Breshad Perriman - Not sure what value this is.. he got cut from the Lions roster which carried over only Quintez Cephus at WR from last year's roster.
Cephus was a kid I wanted the Browns to get coming out of Wisconsin. Ohio State had a helluva time covering him, but the kid had some off-the-field issues with the Badgers.
-
-
I'll say it again, but hope not to speak it into existence-he'd be the perfect backup for Baltimore. Let's hope they still like Trace.
Could be. I'm sure he'll get signed pretty soon by someone.
The shoulder is a concern I suppose, maybe his heart as well ( when he didn't pounce on that SB fumble, well that was a sign of weakness). He certainly had all the tools at one time.
-
Cam was released bc multiple times in the preseason he was out for a week & took others out with him due to contact bc he tested positive. He tested positive a couple times last season as well.
Likely not worth it to keep a backup who could inactivate your entire roster..
-
Reading up on other teams’ cuts: the Steelers are only keeping 2 guards - their starters, for now. I wonder if that has anything to do with us clinging to 5 backup Olinemen? To keep them from going there, haha.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

