Skip to content

Pre-Season, week 1. CLE v JAX 7PM: NFL Network

The Browns Board
76 14 2.1k 1
  • @gumby73 said:

    Kevin got your message 😉

    #Browns Kevin Stefanski on Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah: He made "splash plays." Needs to clean up his eye progression and he understands that.

    It was fairly evident a few times without further tape review.  Coach saw it right away, JOK knew it right away, now it's just a matter of drilling it home and becoming 2nd nature. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    It was fairly evident a few times without further tape review.  Coach saw it right away, JOK knew it right away, now it's just a matter of drilling it home and becoming 2nd nature. 

    Live game..I spent most my defensive eye time on viewing interior DT's/DE's..  wanted to get a early peek on sorting out Gustin/Joe Jackson/ Weaver too.. Joe Jackson played really well, with snaps given.. quick & more established techniques, may cost Weaver a roster spot in the end.. I saw JOK popping up on the tv screen most of the night live.. but, i just didn't see JOK's line of travels till my 2nd viewing..I had already saw your post, before my 2nd viewing, moving my eyes to JOK /LB's/DB's play.. It did not take long to see your post in action.. It was spot on.. Lamar/McHomie  ect..../Jet motion sets...will frost JoK's rookie cakes, if he can't eye read nor cover his home base on defense... good call, on your part...

    If Delpit/Harrison continue to miss games? JJ3 & that kid Richard LeCounte ? really impressed me, for a game 1 rookie.. get back Harrison? I think Woods may have something cooking at his big nickle packages still... These g-men practice's should make for a good valuation week..

    It's not the -O-, I so much worry with..It's this un-_______ defense, that has to take us to a Road /(Woods) we ain't seen since ________ ...  

  • @tiamat63 said:

    It was fairly evident a few times without further tape review.  Coach saw it right away, JOK knew it right away, now it's just a matter of drilling it home and becoming 2nd nature. 

    Live game..I spent most my defensive eye time on viewing interior DT's/DE's..  wanted to get a early peek on sorting out Gustin/Joe Jackson/ Weaver too.. Joe Jackson played really well, with snaps given.. quick & more established techniques, may cost Weaver a roster spot in the end.. I saw JOK popping up on the tv screen most of the night live.. but, i just didn't see JOK's line of travels till my 2nd viewing..I had already saw your post, before my 2nd viewing, moving my eyes to JOK /LB's/DB's play.. It did not take long to see your post in action.. It was spot on.. Lamar/McHomie  ect..../Jet motion sets...will frost JoK's rookie cakes, if he can't eye read nor cover his home base on defense... good call, on your part...

    If Delpit/Harrison continue to miss games? JJ3 & that kid Richard LeCounte ? really impressed me, for a game 1 rookie.. get back Harrison? I think Woods may have something cooking at his big nickle packages still... These g-men practice's should make for a good valuation week..

    It's not the -O-, I so much worry with..It's this un-_______ defense, that has to take us to a Road /(Woods) we ain't seen since ________ ...  

    @gumby73 said:

    Live game..I spent most my defensive eye time on viewing interior DT's/DE's..  wanted to get a early peek on sorting out Gustin/Joe Jackson/ Weaver too.. Joe Jackson played really well, with snaps given.. quick & more established techniques, may cost Weaver a roster spot in the end.. I saw JOK popping up on the tv screen most of the night live.. but, i just didn't see JOK's line of travels till my 2nd viewing..I had already saw your post, before my 2nd viewing, moving my eyes to JOK /LB's/DB's play.. It did not take long to see your post in action.. It was spot on.. Lamar/McHomie  ect..../Jet motion sets...will frost JoK's rookie cakes, if he can't eye read nor cover his home base on defense... good call, on your part...

    If Delpit/Harrison continue to miss games? JJ3 & that kid Richard LeCounte ? really impressed me, for a game 1 rookie.. get back Harrison? I think Woods may have something cooking at his big nickle packages still... These g-men practice's should make for a good valuation week..

    It's not the -O-, I so much worry with..It's this un-_______ defense, that has to take us to a Road /(Woods) we ain't seen since ________ ...  

    You don't even have to get fancy with ghost motion, JOK got out of place with a simple boot action.   Young player itching to make a play and relying too much on his athletic ability.  He needs to trust his teammates and as Billichek says - "do YOUR" job.

    I'll be interested in seeing how the DB situation shakes out.  LeCounte is worth more playing time to see if he's  a PS stash.  But his pass breakup, while a solid play, was against a QB starting down his receiver while he was sitting on that hash.  There's a half dozen people on this board that could have gotten a hand on that ball.    So I'm not overly impressed.  Having said that, he was a 5 star recruit and good athlete. Those guys are always worth a look.

    Edit: feel free to join us in discord next time if you want to talk about this stuff in game. 

  • @gumby73 said:

    Live game..I spent most my defensive eye time on viewing interior DT's/DE's..  wanted to get a early peek on sorting out Gustin/Joe Jackson/ Weaver too.. Joe Jackson played really well, with snaps given.. quick & more established techniques, may cost Weaver a roster spot in the end.. I saw JOK popping up on the tv screen most of the night live.. but, i just didn't see JOK's line of travels till my 2nd viewing..I had already saw your post, before my 2nd viewing, moving my eyes to JOK /LB's/DB's play.. It did not take long to see your post in action.. It was spot on.. Lamar/McHomie  ect..../Jet motion sets...will frost JoK's rookie cakes, if he can't eye read nor cover his home base on defense... good call, on your part...

    If Delpit/Harrison continue to miss games? JJ3 & that kid Richard LeCounte ? really impressed me, for a game 1 rookie.. get back Harrison? I think Woods may have something cooking at his big nickle packages still... These g-men practice's should make for a good valuation week..

    It's not the -O-, I so much worry with..It's this un-_______ defense, that has to take us to a Road /(Woods) we ain't seen since ________ ...  

    You don't even have to get fancy with ghost motion, JOK got out of place with a simple boot action.   Young player itching to make a play and relying too much on his athletic ability.  He needs to trust his teammates and as Billichek says - "do YOUR" job.

    I'll be interested in seeing how the DB situation shakes out.  LeCounte is worth more playing time to see if he's  a PS stash.  But his pass breakup, while a solid play, was against a QB starting down his receiver while he was sitting on that hash.  There's a half dozen people on this board that could have gotten a hand on that ball.    So I'm not overly impressed.  Having said that, he was a 5 star recruit and good athlete. Those guys are always worth a look.

    Edit: feel free to join us in discord next time if you want to talk about this stuff in game. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    You don't even have to get fancy with ghost motion, JOK got out of place with a simple boot action.   Young player itching to make a play and relying too much on his athletic ability.  He needs to trust his teammates and as Billichek says - "do YOUR" job.

    I'll be interested in seeing how the DB situation shakes out.  LeCounte is worth more playing time to see if he's  a PS stash.  But his pass breakup, while a solid play, was against a QB starting down his receiver while he was sitting on that hash.  There's a half dozen people on this board that could have gotten a hand on that ball.    So I'm not overly impressed.  Having said that, he was a 5 star recruit and good athlete. Those guys are always worth a look.

    Edit: feel free to join us in discord next time if you want to talk about this stuff in game. 

    LeCounte was nearly a Buckeye commit if I recall correctly.  

  • @tiamat63 said:

    You don't even have to get fancy with ghost motion, JOK got out of place with a simple boot action.   Young player itching to make a play and relying too much on his athletic ability.  He needs to trust his teammates and as Billichek says - "do YOUR" job.

    I'll be interested in seeing how the DB situation shakes out.  LeCounte is worth more playing time to see if he's  a PS stash.  But his pass breakup, while a solid play, was against a QB starting down his receiver while he was sitting on that hash.  There's a half dozen people on this board that could have gotten a hand on that ball.    So I'm not overly impressed.  Having said that, he was a 5 star recruit and good athlete. Those guys are always worth a look.

    Edit: feel free to join us in discord next time if you want to talk about this stuff in game. 

    LeCounte was nearly a Buckeye commit if I recall correctly.  

    @sdbacker80 said:

    LeCounte was nearly a Buckeye commit if I recall correctly.  

    Si.   

    That's Spanish for "yes". 

    I'm sophisticated like that.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    LeCounte was nearly a Buckeye commit if I recall correctly.  

    Si.   

    That's Spanish for "yes". 

    I'm sophisticated like that.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Si.   

    That's Spanish for "yes". 

    I'm sophisticated like that.

    I think I’ve heard that before living right next to Mexico.  
    Unfortunately growing up near Canada I studied French instead only to move in the opposite direction. And I still don’t know French and my Spanish is weak sauce even after all these years  in SD.

    I knew LeCounte was the one that got away from Urban in that Georgia pipeline 

  • Per Zak Jackson of the Athletic Mack Wilson has a shoulder sprain. So not great but could be worse. 

  • Zombo said:

    Replay is on NFL Network right now for those of us who were out with hot chicks on Saturday Night.

    Z

    I was in Erie, PA eating wings with middle-aged guys...

    So close. ?

  • Zombo said:

    Replay is on NFL Network right now for those of us who were out with hot chicks on Saturday Night.

    Z

    Add Back-up Center as a cut upgrade.. Nick Harris play screams PS.. and he might get there..  can't kick him to guard..He's the smallest 6 foot 1" 302 seen.. bubble-wrap Tretter please.. C Austin Reiter is still a FA..

  • viewed game many times..and still can't get a number on our guy missing the punt block (wusu or Green/Allen maybe..) how he missed it either 

    \ Natson 90yrd punt return, called back for block below waist on AJ Green 2:47 left... this call really blows !

  • Had a few hours to burn on this humid Saturday.  The only way to unlock the potential of this offense is to be a better vertical passing team when the shot is there.     I mentioned breaking down a couple plays that Brett Kollmann did, one where I agreed with his assessment and one where I felt he was wildly off the mark.       The only way to improve before the regular season is by working on such reads and throws in camp and in pre-season.     Most importantly, trusting the structure of the offense, your pass-catchers AND what you're seeing.

    In short...   I sure as fuck hope Baker takes the throw that Keenum didn't.   Remember kids - Touchdown, Checkdown.  

    Untitled_2.thumb.png.66927d3d2bd2bc5d74e27b5dd0af80f5.png