Skip to content

Gameday vs. Falcons: Baker to play

The Browns Board
78 19 2.8k 1
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #68

    I'm back $80 lighter in cash.  LOL! Dog loved the AC inside going full blast the whole hour.?

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #69

    Zombo said:

    I love him. I need a 58 man roster. 5 cuts will break my heart.

    Z

    Yep, I just think of it as the pain of the player rich teams. Browns have not been there in years.?

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #70

    played like 3/4's defense..answer kyle...

    RB John Kelly we may lose back to rams..with Cam Akers out 

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #71

    well..Shelton Day maybe on the outs? He's played both DE spots 2nd half.. he's still making plays

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #72

    Forget which announcer said it, think it was Collinsworth, but one of them verified to the world that the entire OBJ assertion was a complete lie.  Said he watched every OBJ play from last season & that OBJ worked his tail off and that actually Baker seemed a touch unsure with the throws.

    So, I'm calling this [OBJ drama/the cause of problems] a dead issue.  It was pure gossip start to finish with zero grounding in reality.

    This is no longer "Because Everyone Knows It" -- nope, that's dead and buried.  Anyone who says this from here on out is deliberately lying.

    If I could IP-ban every account trying to run that line from this day forward, I would... I have less than zero patience for intentionally disingenuous bad faith arguments presented as sincere commentary.

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #73

    I rewatched those first couple series on offense with an eye on Harris in the middle, and you know he looked pretty good. I maybe got the vibe Teller and Bito were pinching in a bit on some plays, and l felt there was an uptick of having him do what he’s good at like shooting through the line for a downfield block, but it worked. I only counted one play where he lost containment of his man near the end but he held up long enough for the pass to hit the wind. 

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #74

    My random musings-

    1) Hodge has a spot on this team, at least it sure seems that way. I really like him out there, but who doesn't make the cut? Assuming they want Schwartz on the 53, you got Landry, OBJ, Higgins, Schwartz, DPJ and Hodge. In either case, I definitely see one of the cuts making a roster somewhere else.

    2) Can Felton make the practice squad or would he get scooped up? Or, do they keep 4 RBs and probably trim the TE room to 3 guys (bryant, Njoku, Hooper). I'm assuming the former of the two

    3) Man, the depth out there is evident. We're going to have some promising guys on the practice squad. It's very refreshing to see.

    4) Baker looked sharp all things considered. The throw to Hooper on the short cross that went a long way was a really strong read. With OBJ and Landry along with Chubb? Sure as shit is exciting on paper. 

  • My random musings-

    1) Hodge has a spot on this team, at least it sure seems that way. I really like him out there, but who doesn't make the cut? Assuming they want Schwartz on the 53, you got Landry, OBJ, Higgins, Schwartz, DPJ and Hodge. In either case, I definitely see one of the cuts making a roster somewhere else.

    2) Can Felton make the practice squad or would he get scooped up? Or, do they keep 4 RBs and probably trim the TE room to 3 guys (bryant, Njoku, Hooper). I'm assuming the former of the two

    3) Man, the depth out there is evident. We're going to have some promising guys on the practice squad. It's very refreshing to see.

    4) Baker looked sharp all things considered. The throw to Hooper on the short cross that went a long way was a really strong read. With OBJ and Landry along with Chubb? Sure as shit is exciting on paper. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #75

    @jrb12711 said:

    My random musings-

    4) Baker looked sharp all things considered. The throw to Hooper on the short cross that went a long way was a really strong read. 

    It was a slant flat combo to the boundary and the DB's picked themselves so hard they fell down. 

    Don't get me wrong, it was nice to see.  But have to put that particular play into perspective. 

  • @jrb12711 said:

    My random musings-

    4) Baker looked sharp all things considered. The throw to Hooper on the short cross that went a long way was a really strong read. 

    It was a slant flat combo to the boundary and the DB's picked themselves so hard they fell down. 

    Don't get me wrong, it was nice to see.  But have to put that particular play into perspective. 

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by jrb12711
    #76

    @tiamat63 said:

    It was a slant flat combo to the boundary and the DB's picked themselves so hard they fell down. 

    Don't get me wrong, it was nice to see.  But have to put that particular play into perspective. 

    But don't you think a huge part of that working is #6 seeing the DB biting hard on the slant, thus very likely to be naturally picked by Hodge (or whoever it was)  or his own man and getting the ball on the numbers in stride? Because I do, and that decisive throw is something I think Mayfield excelled in latter 2020.

    EDIT: To be sure, I'm not acting like that play was some amazing feat of elite QB play. but those types of throws and reads, especially on 3rd downs, are the ones that win games. I think that's an area Mayfield really improved on.

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #77

    Zombo said:

    They're gonna get him killed again, and they know it.

    Z

    they should have drafted sewell to help protect him instead of a wr

  • @gumby73 said:

    weight room injury..reports are ready week 1.. stitch heeling would have pissed someone off

    put some duct tape on that.

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @lbc-mike said:

    put some duct tape on that.

    i was thinking crazy glue