Skip to content

★ NFL WEEK 1 ★ and our BROWNS are +6 at KC.

The Browns Board
26 9 908 1
  • NFL WEEK 1 and our BROWNS are +6 at KC.   And around the AFCN the Steelers are +6.5 at Buffalo plus the Ravens are -4.5 at Las Vegas.

    Cincinnati and our all Ohio boy Joe Burrow are +3 versus Minnesota for his second season in the NFL.

    For more NFL and NCAA football games just see our friends at. https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=679

    Screenshot_2021-09-07_071342.jpg

  • From Tuesday's Yahoo Sports, interesting read........

    Last Dance for the Chiefs? Not really. As long as Patrick Mahomes is under center, you can pretty much Sharpie the Chiefs into the playoffs. Question is, after this year, who’s around Mahomes to play in that game? Mahomes’ half-billion-dollar deal begins next year, and that means he takes a huge bite out of the Chiefs’ payroll. Will they be able to build a strong team at a discount rate, or is this the Chiefs’ last, best chance to snag another ring?

    ‌

    The Class of 2018 graduates. It’s go time for the quarterbacks in the Class of 2018 — that would be Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson and, if you’re feeling generous, Sam Darnold. One other first-rounder, Josh Allen, has already made bank, and another, Josh Rosen, is on something like his 43rd team already. But Allen’s deal set the bar high; will Cleveland and Baltimore be willing to match it? And will Darnold stick around in Carolina? We’re nearing a decision point on QB salaries; could it come with the Class of 2018?

  • From Tuesday's Yahoo Sports, interesting read........

    Last Dance for the Chiefs? Not really. As long as Patrick Mahomes is under center, you can pretty much Sharpie the Chiefs into the playoffs. Question is, after this year, who’s around Mahomes to play in that game? Mahomes’ half-billion-dollar deal begins next year, and that means he takes a huge bite out of the Chiefs’ payroll. Will they be able to build a strong team at a discount rate, or is this the Chiefs’ last, best chance to snag another ring?

    ‌

    The Class of 2018 graduates. It’s go time for the quarterbacks in the Class of 2018 — that would be Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson and, if you’re feeling generous, Sam Darnold. One other first-rounder, Josh Allen, has already made bank, and another, Josh Rosen, is on something like his 43rd team already. But Allen’s deal set the bar high; will Cleveland and Baltimore be willing to match it? And will Darnold stick around in Carolina? We’re nearing a decision point on QB salaries; could it come with the Class of 2018?

    @mjp28 said:

    From Tuesday's Yahoo Sports, interesting read........

    ‌The Class of 2018 graduates. It’s go time for the quarterbacks in the Class of 2018 — that would be Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson and, if you’re feeling generous, Sam Darnold. One other first-rounder, Josh Allen, has already made bank, and another, Josh Rosen, is on something like his 43rd team already. But Allen’s deal set the bar high; will Cleveland and Baltimore be willing to match it? And will Darnold stick around in Carolina? We’re nearing a decision point on QB salaries; could it come with the Class of 2018?

    With only about 3 days practice after joining the team, he was able the final 53 for Atlanta.

  • Every place I have seen have the Browns +6

  • From Tuesday's Yahoo Sports, interesting read........

    Last Dance for the Chiefs? Not really. As long as Patrick Mahomes is under center, you can pretty much Sharpie the Chiefs into the playoffs. Question is, after this year, who’s around Mahomes to play in that game? Mahomes’ half-billion-dollar deal begins next year, and that means he takes a huge bite out of the Chiefs’ payroll. Will they be able to build a strong team at a discount rate, or is this the Chiefs’ last, best chance to snag another ring?

    ‌

    The Class of 2018 graduates. It’s go time for the quarterbacks in the Class of 2018 — that would be Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson and, if you’re feeling generous, Sam Darnold. One other first-rounder, Josh Allen, has already made bank, and another, Josh Rosen, is on something like his 43rd team already. But Allen’s deal set the bar high; will Cleveland and Baltimore be willing to match it? And will Darnold stick around in Carolina? We’re nearing a decision point on QB salaries; could it come with the Class of 2018?

    It’s still Browns plus 6

    @mjp28 said:

    From Tuesday's Yahoo Sports, interesting read........

    Last Dance for the Chiefs? Not really. As long as Patrick Mahomes is under center, you can pretty much Sharpie the Chiefs into the playoffs. Question is, after this year, who’s around Mahomes to play in that game? Mahomes’ half-billion-dollar deal begins next year, and that means he takes a huge bite out of the Chiefs’ payroll. Will they be able to build a strong team at a discount rate, or is this the Chiefs’ last, best chance to snag another ring?

    ‌

    The Class of 2018 graduates. It’s go time for the quarterbacks in the Class of 2018 — that would be Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson and, if you’re feeling generous, Sam Darnold. One other first-rounder, Josh Allen, has already made bank, and another, Josh Rosen, is on something like his 43rd team already. But Allen’s deal set the bar high; will Cleveland and Baltimore be willing to match it? And will Darnold stick around in Carolina? We’re nearing a decision point on QB salaries; could it come with the Class of 2018?

    Last dance for KC.....

    mahomes

    hill, Kelce, Chris Jones, Clyde edwards hellfire, mecole Hardman, the whole line, Snead....Bolton, gay....all back in 2022. That’s the core.  Writers are lazy.

  • What is funny is you guys get Baker in 2022 for one more “cheap” hit of 18 million.  Then he signs a contract likely more costly than Mahomes, except, he’s not anywhere near Mahomes in ability.  

  • What is funny is you guys get Baker in 2022 for one more “cheap” hit of 18 million.  Then he signs a contract likely more costly than Mahomes, except, he’s not anywhere near Mahomes in ability.  

    @pat-mahomo said:

    What is funny is you guys get Baker in 2022 for one more “cheap” hit of 18 million.  Then he signs a contract likely more costly than Mahomes, except, he’s not anywhere near Mahomes in ability.  

    “Likely” 

    More than 50 mil a year. Whatever you’re smoking, I need some of it. 

  • ML Browns. It ain’t going to be easy…but has this team ever looked this good on paper?  Think about it.  Offense will be ready can we get it together quickly on defense against a newly rebuilt Oline.  I side with us. 

    ML Washington - LA across the country as a favorite against a Salty D like the WFT.  Chargers got a lot of hype this offseason  and this line reflects it.  

    Vikings. -2 1/2.  All reports out of Cincy Joe Burrow is not doing as well in the pocket post injury and I can’t trust their D.  
     

    I’m taking the Rams in a blowout win over the Bears. The Bears line is absolute mess 

  • What is funny is you guys get Baker in 2022 for one more “cheap” hit of 18 million.  Then he signs a contract likely more costly than Mahomes, except, he’s not anywhere near Mahomes in ability.  

    @pat-mahomo said:

    What is funny is you guys get Baker in 2022 for one more “cheap” hit of 18 million.  Then he signs a contract likely more costly than Mahomes, except, he’s not anywhere near Mahomes in ability.  

    He was a First overall pick in the 2018 draft so the Last year  of his rookie contract reflects the price tag. If Baker performs like he did last year 18M is a bargain.

     And You are first to bring up a contract in the Mahomes stratosphere 

  • ML Browns. It ain’t going to be easy…but has this team ever looked this good on paper?  Think about it.  Offense will be ready can we get it together quickly on defense against a newly rebuilt Oline.  I side with us. 

    ML Washington - LA across the country as a favorite against a Salty D like the WFT.  Chargers got a lot of hype this offseason  and this line reflects it.  

    Vikings. -2 1/2.  All reports out of Cincy Joe Burrow is not doing as well in the pocket post injury and I can’t trust their D.  
     

    I’m taking the Rams in a blowout win over the Bears. The Bears line is absolute mess 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    ML Browns. It ain’t going to be easy…but has this team ever looked this good on paper?  Think about it.  Offense will be ready can we get it together quickly on defense against a newly rebuilt Oline.  I side with us. 

    ML Washington - LA across the country as a favorite against a Salty D like the WFT.  Chargers got a lot of hype this offseason  and this line reflects it.  

    Vikings. -2 1/2.  All reports out of Cincy Joe Burrow is not doing as well in the pocket post injury and I can’t trust their D.  
     

    I’m taking the Rams in a blowout win over the Bears. The Bears line is absolute mess 

    Which begs the question.. why is Matt Nagy starting Justin Fields.. I'd rather roll with Foles until their line issues are solved...

  • ML Browns. It ain’t going to be easy…but has this team ever looked this good on paper?  Think about it.  Offense will be ready can we get it together quickly on defense against a newly rebuilt Oline.  I side with us. 

    ML Washington - LA across the country as a favorite against a Salty D like the WFT.  Chargers got a lot of hype this offseason  and this line reflects it.  

    Vikings. -2 1/2.  All reports out of Cincy Joe Burrow is not doing as well in the pocket post injury and I can’t trust their D.  
     

    I’m taking the Rams in a blowout win over the Bears. The Bears line is absolute mess 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    ML Browns. It ain’t going to be easy…but has this team ever looked this good on paper?  Think about it.  Offense will be ready can we get it together quickly on defense against a newly rebuilt Oline.  I side with us. 

    ML Washington - LA across the country as a favorite against a Salty D like the WFT.  Chargers got a lot of hype this offseason  and this line reflects it.  

    Vikings. -2 1/2.  All reports out of Cincy Joe Burrow is not doing as well in the pocket post injury and I can’t trust their D.  
     

    I’m taking the Rams in a blowout win over the Bears. The Bears line is absolute mess 

    - Looking at KC to cover.   TD game.

    - Have to remember Fitzmagic is in there for The Skins now. Regardless how far the Chargers are going,   Fitz is worth a couple picks a game.

    - Vikings to cover

    - Rams are going to hammer CHI defensively.   CHI might do a bit of the same because they still have a talented defense, but the continuity and experience favors LAR.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    ML Browns. It ain’t going to be easy…but has this team ever looked this good on paper?  Think about it.  Offense will be ready can we get it together quickly on defense against a newly rebuilt Oline.  I side with us. 

    ML Washington - LA across the country as a favorite against a Salty D like the WFT.  Chargers got a lot of hype this offseason  and this line reflects it.  

    Vikings. -2 1/2.  All reports out of Cincy Joe Burrow is not doing as well in the pocket post injury and I can’t trust their D.  
     

    I’m taking the Rams in a blowout win over the Bears. The Bears line is absolute mess 

    - Looking at KC to cover.   TD game.

    - Have to remember Fitzmagic is in there for The Skins now. Regardless how far the Chargers are going,   Fitz is worth a couple picks a game.

    - Vikings to cover

    - Rams are going to hammer CHI defensively.   CHI might do a bit of the same because they still have a talented defense, but the continuity and experience favors LAR.

    @tiamat63 said:

    - Looking at KC to cover.   TD game.

    - Have to remember Fitzmagic is in there for The Skins now. Regardless how far the Chargers are going,   Fitz is worth a couple picks a game.

    - Vikings to cover

    - Rams are going to hammer CHI defensively.   CHI might do a bit of the same because they still have a talented defense, but the continuity and experience favors LAR.

    If I recall correctly Fitz magic has had some good early season runs. 
     

    edit: I looked and it’s very good (3/4 TD games no INTs or very bad (1 TD and 3 INTs). Which guy shows up is a better question…leaning toward fitzmagic Sunday 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    ML Browns. It ain’t going to be easy…but has this team ever looked this good on paper?  Think about it.  Offense will be ready can we get it together quickly on defense against a newly rebuilt Oline.  I side with us. 

    ML Washington - LA across the country as a favorite against a Salty D like the WFT.  Chargers got a lot of hype this offseason  and this line reflects it.  

    Vikings. -2 1/2.  All reports out of Cincy Joe Burrow is not doing as well in the pocket post injury and I can’t trust their D.  
     

    I’m taking the Rams in a blowout win over the Bears. The Bears line is absolute mess 

    Which begs the question.. why is Matt Nagy starting Justin Fields.. I'd rather roll with Foles until their line issues are solved...

    @nickers said:

    Which begs the question.. why is Matt Nagy starting Justin Fields.. I'd rather roll with Foles until their line issues are solved...

    Dalton is starting and is a sitting duck with that porous line.  I’d give them a punchers chance with Fields at least he can get away from the pressure 

  • @nickers said:

    Which begs the question.. why is Matt Nagy starting Justin Fields.. I'd rather roll with Foles until their line issues are solved...

    Dalton is starting and is a sitting duck with that porous line.  I’d give them a punchers chance with Fields at least he can get away from the pressure 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Dalton is starting and is a sitting duck with that porous line.  I’d give them a punchers chance with Fields at least he can get away from the pressure 

    yeah , I forgot about Dalton being there.. Thats even more interesting.... But I dunno.. Ohio St. QB's don't fare well in the NFL..

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Dalton is starting and is a sitting duck with that porous line.  I’d give them a punchers chance with Fields at least he can get away from the pressure 

    yeah , I forgot about Dalton being there.. Thats even more interesting.... But I dunno.. Ohio St. QB's don't fare well in the NFL..

    @nickers said:

    yeah , I forgot about Dalton being there.. Thats even more interesting.... But I dunno.. Ohio St. QB's don't fare well in the NFL..

    If Nagy wants to coach in 2022 he’ll simplify the play book, cut the field in half and do some run/pass options and bring Fields in by late September/early October.

    They can play some defense and the weapons are okay.

    You aren’t winning with sitting duck/check down Andy 

  • Every place I have seen have the Browns +6

    @browns149 said:

    Every place I have seen have the Browns +6

    You are correct it is CLE +6 and I have no idea where I got +3.5 except that it was about 5 am ?    😴

    I even screenshot the page with the BROWNS' game.   Either way I would pick the BROWNS' here......why not !

    GO BROWNS !

  • @nickers said:

    yeah , I forgot about Dalton being there.. Thats even more interesting.... But I dunno.. Ohio St. QB's don't fare well in the NFL..

    If Nagy wants to coach in 2022 he’ll simplify the play book, cut the field in half and do some run/pass options and bring Fields in by late September/early October.

    They can play some defense and the weapons are okay.

    You aren’t winning with sitting duck/check down Andy 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    If Nagy wants to coach in 2022 he’ll simplify the play book, cut the field in half and do some run/pass options and bring Fields in by late September/early October.

    They can play some defense and the weapons are okay.

    You aren’t winning with sitting duck/check down Andy 

    Two words - Joe. Burrow.

    If you can't protect the rookie, eventually he's going to take way too many shots.  Athletic or not.  

  • @browns149 said:

    Every place I have seen have the Browns +6

    You are correct it is CLE +6 and I have no idea where I got +3.5 except that it was about 5 am ?    😴

    I even screenshot the page with the BROWNS' game.   Either way I would pick the BROWNS' here......why not !

    GO BROWNS !

    @mjp28 said:

    You are correct it is CLE +6 and I have no idea where I got +3.5 except that it was about 5 am ?    😴

    I even screenshot the page with the BROWNS' game.   Either way I would pick the BROWNS' here......why not !

    GO BROWNS !

    I took the Browns +6

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    If Nagy wants to coach in 2022 he’ll simplify the play book, cut the field in half and do some run/pass options and bring Fields in by late September/early October.

    They can play some defense and the weapons are okay.

    You aren’t winning with sitting duck/check down Andy 

    Two words - Joe. Burrow.

    If you can't protect the rookie, eventually he's going to take way too many shots.  Athletic or not.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    Two words - Joe. Burrow.

    If you can't protect the rookie, eventually he's going to take way too many shots.  Athletic or not.  

    Well Joe stood in the pocket Admirably and threw 63 passes against us Week 2.   Many of us said it then…he ain’t gonna last putting him in a pocket and taking a pounding and giving your back 17 carries a game. 
     

    Fields will never be that guy. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    If Nagy wants to coach in 2022 he’ll simplify the play book, cut the field in half and do some run/pass options and bring Fields in by late September/early October.

    They can play some defense and the weapons are okay.

    You aren’t winning with sitting duck/check down Andy 

    Two words - Joe. Burrow.

    If you can't protect the rookie, eventually he's going to take way too many shots.  Athletic or not.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    Two words - Joe. Burrow.

    If you can't protect the rookie, eventually he's going to take way too many shots.  Athletic or not.  

    Even the "don't touch the quarterback" rules might not save him...... unless he can get the ball ? and fire it real quick.

    Still it will be interesting to see how he does.