Skip to content

Ultimatum Time

The Browns Board
218 62 13.1k
  • if people wern't stupid and didn't argue with him like they would make headway, lum wouldn't be a problem. its everyone that argues and tries to insist to him that they are browns fans first and not a fan of either QB thats the problem. you guys don't need to justify that your a browns fan to him, he doesn't care, all he wants to do is be a bitch to everyone not a DA fan. the less attention he gets, the less he stops posting. its like a little kid trying to get attention. if they don't get it they tire out. if you enjoy arguing with him, go nuts, thats great. but alot of people get worked up and try and defend themselves from his comments when its no neccessary or productive.

    unfortunatly the ignore feature doesn't solve the entire problem, because he derails every thread arguing with people. the guys arguing with him are just as bad as he is, and are contributing just as much to his bullshit.

  • I could lie and say I'd leave but message boards take me through my day on a lot of days

    Lumbergh never wins any arguments anyway.

  • mz the pussy,

    I think Lum is one of "the powers that be"....no proof, just a hunch. Otherwise, he would been banned long ago. I agree with you though, his shit's getting old.

  • Masters said:

    Unless I am mistaken, the ignore feature does not prevent you from seeing posts that are replied to with a quote.

    True....but again...why let a guy like that own you??

    Just move on and pass it off as BS.

    I have had maybe 3 conversations with lum in the 2 years I have been here.

    I know he tries to flame, but much of it is in response to the 7 others who flame the other way.

    The beauty of a message board is you can pick and choose with whom you speak with.

    But nope..I don't side with a group who calls for a member to be kicked off the board. being a member doesn't have to mean he is like you or us, or even roots for the team.

    I don't think he spams the board. He is just sticking up for the player he likes...

    JMO....remember...90% of the off topic posts aren't posted by Lum...they are posted by other posters in reply to his.

    @ballpeen said:

    True....but again...why let a guy like that own you??

    Just move on and pass it off as BS.

    I have had maybe 3 conversations with lum in the 2 years I have been here.

    I know he tries to flame, but much of it is in response to the 7 others who flame the other way.

    The beauty of a message board is you can pick and choose with whom you speak with.

    But nope..I don't side with a group who calls for a member to be kicked off the board. being a member doesn't have to mean he is like you or us, or even roots for the team.

    I don't think he spams the board. He is just sticking up for the player he likes...

    JMO....remember...90% of the off topic posts aren't posted by Lum...they are posted by other posters in reply to his.

    Lum doesn't own anyone. Unless by some crazy definition getting people to respond to your post is owned. But that's just me.

    You can certainly pick and choose whom you speak with. But when there is a topic you were interested in and the discussions of other people you'd choose to speak now requires you to wade through a half dozen or more posts to find what you wanted, not all what to deal with that.

    If Lum is real, then I wouldn't say he should be booted. But I would expect that when he posts something that does derail good discussions, the post should be deleted.

  • Zombo said:

    He's a dude from Oregon

    Who registered in the eastern time zone.....

  • CurlyBill.jpg
  • Hell, I've ignored almost evry thread about Quinn vs. anderson debate....I never see Lumbergh...lol....if you don't want to hear lumbergh, see any posts by him, avoid the threads...works excellent for me. Support whoever the coach picks, support the Browns and avoid the Controversy at Qb like I have since Kosar/testaverde. It is useless and all you inspire is diametrically oppossed views which only causes frustration in the end. Peace....Now we still need a stud MLB, Dqwell and Barton are Average at best...lol

  • Please Don't Feed The Troll! 🥷

  • Zombo said:

    Tom V. and Rich were raging war with the admin and lost.

    Lums is a defending his favorite player. Big difference.

    Those two "sonsabitches" weren't banned because they didn't like Kellen Winslow. They wanted to take over and dominate the site. Lumbergh is dominating QB threads by defending his favorite Cleveland Brown.

    I don't even see a similarity.

    Zombo

    You don't see the similarity? The similarity is that they are taking over threads and being jackasses in the process. You don't see that similarity?

  • Just do some light moderation is all.

    Pretty simple to give him a chance to cease being only an instigator. I honestly think the guy probably has enough football knowledge to "debate" but for whatever attention-whore related reason, simply chooses only to ankle-bite. I mean, how hard is it to try and defend DA more in the Zombo/Stan method? Still allows for some nice, aggressive, "chippy" posts, but doesn't resort to just being a jackass. 😉

  • Lum doesn't own anyone

    If you can't help but reply to even his most outrageous comments, I say that is being owned.....but ok...we will call it a figure of speech and leave it at that.

  • mz the pussy,

    I think Lum is one of "the powers that be"....no proof, just a hunch. Otherwise, he would been banned long ago. I agree with you though, his shit's getting old.

    88fingerslewy said:

    mz the pussy,

    I think Lum is one of "the powers that be"....no proof, just a hunch. Otherwise, he would been banned long ago. I agree with you though, his shit's getting old.

    I'm sure his posts would be edited to say stupid shit also, if he were real.

    They do it to the other "annoying" posters, but not Lum.

  • Honestly, it is a bit different. Tom V. not only was acting the ass...he made numerous personal attacks on people, myself included, which warranted his banning.

    I don't think that lums deserves banning as much as I believe he should be reigned in a bit. There should be allowed to have a conversation about QBing without being called a BQ fag just because you wonder if BQ could do better.

  • Lums is a defending his favorite player. Big difference.

    Baloney.

    You do a nice job of "defending" DA. What Lum does is institigation/agitation, pure and simple, with a little dash of "defending" thrown in.

  • I don't think people would even care if he would just stick to the "Pro-DA" side of things, and not be such a "Anti-Quinn" monger. Any chance to blast Quinn or anyone who gives him any credit. Non-stop.

    Not like the guy swears or posts lude material or makes personal threats, but come on the board is nothing but Lumberg posts saying BQ-FAG and BQ has a wimpie arm and shit.

  • 21 User(s) are reading this topic (10 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

    10 Members: DTBH, AZBrowns, LaneAdkins, ballpeen, Brownshirt, Dan in Florida, Lumbergh, Aloysius, LCDawgFan13, shepwrite

    ---------------------

    How many times are you going to say bye before you actually leave? 😆

  • Lum doesn't own anyone

    If you can't help but reply to even his most outrageous comments, I say that is being owned.....but ok...we will call it a figure of speech and leave it at that.

    @ballpeen said:

    If you can't help but reply to even his most outrageous comments, I say that is being owned.....but ok...we will call it a figure of speech and leave it at that.

    Right...and yet, here you are in a thread about Lums claiming that *he* doesn't affect you.

    uh. huh.

  • Drunkandstupid and Orangenotbrown are so far from Lumburghian its not even a comparison.

    Yes, those two can get "chippy" but that's true of everyone the boards. Nothing wrong with that.

    However, both of them are willing to enter a debate, make and concede points, and have what's called a discussion. (Wow, novel idea.)

    Lum is simply a troll. A somewhat educated troll, but a troll none the less.

    I'm with WPD, don't ban him but hold him to SOME standard.

  • It's a message board, thats all it is. Try not taking it to seriously you bunch of damn winers.

  • this thread is funny 🙄