Ultimatum Time
-
Browns football is, like, the greatest thing out there. There is NOTHING I enjoy more in life than sitting on the sofa getting ready to watch the game. And living/growing up where I do/did, I am/was like the only Browns fan I knew, so it was pretty much me reading box scores/articles/whatever after the games and hoping we'd get a little blurb or highlight on ESPN I could rally around...I didn't have other Browns fans to commiserate and talk shit with.
That's why a place like this, in theory, is great. We come from all over the globe and can talk about our favorite thing with other folks who also find it to be their favorite thing. Great, right? Who better to complain to about a shitty coaching decision or play than someone who feels as passionately about it as you do? Who better to talk about the upcoming draft than with people who care about who the Browns might pick than someone who is as excited about it as you are? Who better to exalt in the joys of winning (well, if that ever happens...) than someone who cares about it as much as you do?
Well, this place isn't that. It is a place currently being overrun by someone who doesn't give a shit about OUR team. Whether it is a real person or not at this point doesn't even concern me. The fact is that "thing" is ruining this community and everyone knows it. I originally signed up and joined this place because I truly found it to be the best place to talk browns football with like-minded fans. This is, sadly, no longer the case.
I can get Browns news elsewhere. And there would be a great deal of folks I'd miss chatting with if I were to no longer visit. But, you know what? If the powers that be decide to not banish the Lumbergh person/character/puppet/alter ego/whatever, you can go ahead and delete my account. The choice is in your hands, but please take action one way or another. Call me a pussy, a fag, whatever. I don't care. I'm taking a stand for a place that used to be great and has now become a childish pit of suckitude. I have plenty of other places where I can waste my time without being pulled around by marionette strings/having every single conversation destroyed by one asshole/puppet. I think many of us have had enough.
Mike
-
It isn't hard to ignore comments. I think there is even a ignore feature in here where you won't even see a posters comments if you place him or her on ignore.
Sorry man...it seems pretty much like taking your ball and going home.
Just ignore the guy if he riles you up so much.
Geesh
-
The only way conversation get derailed is if there is 2 way conversation.
-
My experience is that Ultimatums usually backfire.
-
The only way conversation get derailed is if there is 2 way conversation.
Do you have a suggestion on how to get everyone to put that poster on ignore, or to get everyone to not respond to him? Because that is truly the only way to prevent threads from getting derailed.
As far as I am concerned, it is what it is. People have to chose to live with it or walk.
-
My experience is that Ultimatums usually backfire.
My experience is that Ultimatums usually backfire.
And as I stated, I'm completely fine with that.
-
I honestly enjoy lumberg around here. His posts make me lol when nothing else is really going on.
The off season is a bit rough (I have been reading these boards for a while, but have never joined until recently) around these parts. His posts keep it fun to read and creates opportunities for others to joke about him.
don't take him to seriously.
Besides... I kind of want lums to be real... just like santa claus or jesus.
-
Guys...I don't want to lose any of you. I think that you each bring a dynamic to this board and are an asset to our community.
I also have a problem with always having to respond to or read that individual. If you ignore him with that function...it comes up to you via replies. If you just try to ignore him literally, the thread still gets derailed. Even if everyone tries to ignore him...he keeps it up with post after post until somebody gets frustrated enough to respond.
I for one am not a fan of being cattle-prodded by somebody who really shouldn't even be a part of our community. I appreciate guys who have a favorite player...but to make that the sole topic (even when the topic is entirely different) and to allow that person to rant in every thread is obnoxious at best.
I do not spend as much time on the board as I like, as my job has changed somewhat, but I will do my best to try and contain this.
After all, the responsibility of the monitors is to keep the majority happy.
-
Unless I am mistaken, the ignore feature does not prevent you from seeing posts that are replied to with a quote.
Masters said:
Unless I am mistaken, the ignore feature does not prevent you from seeing posts that are replied to with a quote.True....but again...why let a guy like that own you??
Just move on and pass it off as BS.
I have had maybe 3 conversations with lum in the 2 years I have been here.
I know he tries to flame, but much of it is in response to the 7 others who flame the other way.
The beauty of a message board is you can pick and choose with whom you speak with.
But nope..I don't side with a group who calls for a member to be kicked off the board. being a member doesn't have to mean he is like you or us, or even roots for the team.
I don't think he spams the board. He is just sticking up for the player he likes...
JMO....remember...90% of the off topic posts aren't posted by Lum...they are posted by other posters in reply to his.
-
if people wern't stupid and didn't argue with him like they would make headway, lum wouldn't be a problem. its everyone that argues and tries to insist to him that they are browns fans first and not a fan of either QB thats the problem. you guys don't need to justify that your a browns fan to him, he doesn't care, all he wants to do is be a bitch to everyone not a DA fan. the less attention he gets, the less he stops posting. its like a little kid trying to get attention. if they don't get it they tire out. if you enjoy arguing with him, go nuts, thats great. but alot of people get worked up and try and defend themselves from his comments when its no neccessary or productive.
unfortunatly the ignore feature doesn't solve the entire problem, because he derails every thread arguing with people. the guys arguing with him are just as bad as he is, and are contributing just as much to his bullshit.
-
I could lie and say I'd leave but message boards take me through my day on a lot of days
Lumbergh never wins any arguments anyway.
-
mz the pussy,
I think Lum is one of "the powers that be"....no proof, just a hunch. Otherwise, he would been banned long ago. I agree with you though, his shit's getting old.
-
Masters said:
Unless I am mistaken, the ignore feature does not prevent you from seeing posts that are replied to with a quote.True....but again...why let a guy like that own you??
Just move on and pass it off as BS.
I have had maybe 3 conversations with lum in the 2 years I have been here.
I know he tries to flame, but much of it is in response to the 7 others who flame the other way.
The beauty of a message board is you can pick and choose with whom you speak with.
But nope..I don't side with a group who calls for a member to be kicked off the board. being a member doesn't have to mean he is like you or us, or even roots for the team.
I don't think he spams the board. He is just sticking up for the player he likes...
JMO....remember...90% of the off topic posts aren't posted by Lum...they are posted by other posters in reply to his.
True....but again...why let a guy like that own you??
Just move on and pass it off as BS.
I have had maybe 3 conversations with lum in the 2 years I have been here.
I know he tries to flame, but much of it is in response to the 7 others who flame the other way.
The beauty of a message board is you can pick and choose with whom you speak with.
But nope..I don't side with a group who calls for a member to be kicked off the board. being a member doesn't have to mean he is like you or us, or even roots for the team.
I don't think he spams the board. He is just sticking up for the player he likes...
JMO....remember...90% of the off topic posts aren't posted by Lum...they are posted by other posters in reply to his.
Lum doesn't own anyone. Unless by some crazy definition getting people to respond to your post is owned. But that's just me.
You can certainly pick and choose whom you speak with. But when there is a topic you were interested in and the discussions of other people you'd choose to speak now requires you to wade through a half dozen or more posts to find what you wanted, not all what to deal with that.
If Lum is real, then I wouldn't say he should be booted. But I would expect that when he posts something that does derail good discussions, the post should be deleted.
-
-
Hell, I've ignored almost evry thread about Quinn vs. anderson debate....I never see Lumbergh...lol....if you don't want to hear lumbergh, see any posts by him, avoid the threads...works excellent for me. Support whoever the coach picks, support the Browns and avoid the Controversy at Qb like I have since Kosar/testaverde. It is useless and all you inspire is diametrically oppossed views which only causes frustration in the end. Peace....Now we still need a stud MLB, Dqwell and Barton are Average at best...lol
-
Zombo said:
Tom V. and Rich were raging war with the admin and lost.Lums is a defending his favorite player. Big difference.
Those two "sonsabitches" weren't banned because they didn't like Kellen Winslow. They wanted to take over and dominate the site. Lumbergh is dominating QB threads by defending his favorite Cleveland Brown.
I don't even see a similarity.
Zombo
You don't see the similarity? The similarity is that they are taking over threads and being jackasses in the process. You don't see that similarity?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login