Skip to content

Ultimatum Time

The Browns Board
218 62 13.1k
  • @shepwrite said:

    Oh, dear God. My teenage son's stupidest friends just found the board.

    Why do you let him hang out with him if he is that stupid??

  • @dtbh said:

    I don't think people would even care if he would just stick to the "Pro-DA" side of things, and not be such a "Anti-Quinn" monger. Any chance to blast Quinn or anyone who gives him any credit. Non-stop.

    Not like the guy swears or posts lude material or makes personal threats, but come on the board is nothing but Lumberg posts saying BQ-FAG and BQ has a wimpie arm and shit.

    Dude....there are plenty of anti-DA mongers....if we banned them there would be 12 bannings today.

    @ballpeen said:

    Dude....there are plenty of anti-DA mongers....if we banned them there would be 12 bannings today.

    Well DA did make life hell for alot of browns fans last year so you can't really blame them. I love how peen and Zombo are seriously in hear defending lumbergh. what a bunch of clowns

  • at what point to you stop banning then? I've been banned. Once for telling someone the word "wigger" is offensive because it's a play on the "n" word. (not sure why it was ban worthy)

    if you want everyone to tell you the Browns are always on the right path, that everything they do is good, that other teams win because they cheat, then than this is the board for you.

    The accepted posters here will never tell you like it is. Heck, everyone loved Winslow and Romeo and Savage last year at this time. Most will come out now and say that they never did, but i remember differently.

    Sometime people have to be made to see reality.

  • @dtbh said:

    I don't think people would even care if he would just stick to the "Pro-DA" side of things, and not be such a "Anti-Quinn" monger. Any chance to blast Quinn or anyone who gives him any credit. Non-stop.

    Not like the guy swears or posts lude material or makes personal threats, but come on the board is nothing but Lumberg posts saying BQ-FAG and BQ has a wimpie arm and shit.

    Dude....there are plenty of anti-DA mongers....if we banned them there would be 12 bannings today.

    @ballpeen said:

    Dude....there are plenty of anti-DA mongers....if we banned them there would be 12 bannings today.

    Don't you think that's from a result of what Mike is upset with (OP)??

    Before Lumberg came on the scene, DA never got it any worse than Frye would when he'd tuck it & take a sack.

  • @lumbergh said:

    CurlyBill.jpg

    Don't let the door hit you where DA splits you every night

  • Ah, the 72 post boy wonder is telling us how to handle the community.

    Thanks newb.

    You've missed the point. The quality of the discussion has erroded. This is largely an affinity board.

    When certain Steeler fans got to be too much of an annoyance..... they got banned.

    I think the standard should be the same for certain Oregon State fans. That's all.

    @greythan said:

    Ah, the 72 post boy wonder is telling us how to handle the community.

    Thanks newb.

    You've missed the point. The quality of the discussion has erroded. This is largely an affinity board.

    When certain Steeler fans got to be too much of an annoyance..... they got banned.

    I think the standard should be the same for certain Oregon State fans. That's all.

    I don't even know who you were talking to as I am working backwards at this point. but Newb???

    Message boards have been around a while now...I wasn't a "Newb" the day I made my first post on this board.

  • @ballpeen said:

    Dude....there are plenty of anti-DA mongers....if we banned them there would be 12 bannings today.

    Don't you think that's from a result of what Mike is upset with (OP)??

    Before Lumberg came on the scene, DA never got it any worse than Frye would when he'd tuck it & take a sack.

    @legacy-fan said:

    Don't you think that's from a result of what Mike is upset with (OP)??

    Before Lumberg came on the scene, DA never got it any worse than Frye would when he'd tuck it & take a sack.

    I agree....it was like the love-fest from lums forced (yeah, I know, our choice) people to re-hash the problems with DA...more than was necessary.

    I for one found myself burying DA almost daily, when in fact I still see a lot in the guy that intrigues me. I really would love to see a guy with his arm strength behind center...if he would just not turn the ball over so frequently...and that may be just a year or so away (maybe this year).

    So, instead of debating his merits....many of us ended up bashing him far more than necessary because of the excuses made for him.

    Also, just because some of us are wondering what Quinn can do (not saying he would be better, just wondering if), we didn't deserve to be lumped in with a bunch of pink jersey wearing teenage girls. Shep and I had some pretty heated discussions about the merits of even DRAFTING Quinn...much less being in love with the guy...and I am often lumped into that category by good ol' lummy.

    If he was even half a Browns fan...and had an inkling of the people on this board...he would understand that I am one of the guys who wanted anyone BUT Quinn at #3 that year...and was as happy as a hound in fox season when we took Thomas.

    But, that is beyond his ability to understand...and flies in his ability to rant on others. Backing a player is one thing, but attacking others just because they see the faults in said player is entirely different.

  • Peen, I was talking to the guy with 72 posts. (Razor1414)

    He responded, and I thanked him. We moved on.

    Diehard, don't fret. The old timers love me.

  • If he was even half a Browns fan...and had an inkling of the people on this board...he would understand that I am one of the guys who wanted anyone BUT Quinn at #3 that year...and was as happy as a hound in fox season when we took Thomas.

    Ditto.

    Thomas was my pick at #3 too. The only debate for me was Peterson and I'm still not yet sold that we missed as I want to see another two years of high productivity from Peterson to concede a "miss".

    Didn't want any QB at number 3 considering our needs that year. I sure as hell wasn't convinced we were set at QB either, just felt we were a year away from drafting a QB.

  • I think about 75% of the Browns fan base would have collectively vomitted if they selected Quinn at 3 with having only Kevin Shaffer to protect his blind side. It would have felt like Tim Couch all over again.

    I was hoping the Browns would go for Peterson and I didn't like Thomas too much at the time. I was too afraid of the Robert Gallery / Mike Williams type of picks and even though Thomas isn't the same style as those two, it was hard for me to come to grips with selecting a left tackle at 3 when there was already a ton of money invested into Shaffer, Bentley and -- that offseason -- Steinbach.

    I thought it was a solid pick afterwards but never imagined that he'd make the pro bowl his first two years.

  • Thomas was a great pick. Rare for us actually.

  • 5 pages of this bullshit? i'd say thats owned. if the board changes as a result of a single poster pissing everyone off...thats a troll.

    you all fail at the internets.....

  • 5 pages of this bullshit? i'd say thats owned. if the board changes as a result of a single poster pissing everyone off...thats a troll.

    you all fail at the internets.....

    @choco said:

    5 pages of this bullshit? i'd say thats owned. if the board changes as a result of a single poster pissing everyone off...thats a troll.

    you all fail at the internets.....

    🙄 Better than failing at life I guess.....

  • @shepwrite said:

    I'll never understand people who believe pissing everyone off is "success."

    How big of a failure at real life do you have to be to get to that point? So the teenagers ruining the movie for everyone else are successes? Because that's how I think of Lums. He isn't here to discuss, persuade, or be part of a community. He's here to be a dick.

    And I do disagree with Zombo: Lums is NOT a Browns fan. He hates any Browns fan who doesn't love Derek Anderson. I've never read a single post from him gushing about his other favorite players or how excited he is for this or that... just one post after the other bashing Quinn and Quinn Fags. That's it. Nothing else.

    I honestly, truly never got the point of his existence. This is NOT a public board. It's private. I would revoke his membership.

    hey hey hey now Shep.... I do remembering hm pimping "Big Bad Hank Fraley" once.... Look how that turned out for him.

    Not that I disliked Fraley, but liking or disliking isn't the point I am trying to make here.

  • 5 pages of this bullshit? i'd say thats owned. if the board changes as a result of a single poster pissing everyone off...thats a troll.

    you all fail at the internets.....

    Welcome in, Mr Also-Owned-For-Posting-In-This-Thread, the water's warm.

  • I'm with mz the pussy, Peen, Inspecta, Shep, Masters and Zombo.

    And the guy who brought up the number of "thanks" he's received.

    Every opinion was wonderful.

    God I hate the thanks button.

    Hey, is there a way we could sell/give our hard-earned thanks to another person? Like sell (forget the give thing) them to someone in need if they were deep in a thread that turned ugly and they were going against someone with a zillion thanks? Maybe use paypal or something?

    Beanpot

  • Puke. I actually just read the whole damn thread.

    I want to sit in the Lumberg account chair for a few days dammit.

    Chaos would be everyones last concern, please give me a chance.

    Screw banning your puppet, lets reward the good posters with an opportunity to be Lumberg for a day or two.

    I'll admit as a new member last year i was encouraged to post after reading Lumbergs crap, now i do feel as if i've been abused.

    But i'll continue just like my wedding day vows. 😠

  • @hiwaygal said:

    the username "Vizzini" is still available.

    _vizzini.jpg

    Hey hiway

    Should i even bother googling vizzini? 😆

  • Never mind 😆

    Don't worry

    I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder. ...

  • @shepwrite said:

    Oh, dear God. My teenage son's stupidest friends just found the board.

    you are who you hang out with. i wouldnt tell anybody if i was you. like the apple didnt fall to far from the tree thing.