Skip to content

Kicking woes all ready ?

The Browns Board
102 27 4.5k
  • I am not sold on this kicker in any way and I am shocked that our front office saw enough of him to sign him. I miss Dawson and I even liked Cundiff but since then we have not had a kicker that  was worth a pint of piss. Remember how shitty Zane whatever his stupid name was we had in 2018? Missed extra points and field goals ? What a piss poor puts he was and really I held my breath every time Parky went out to kick because even if he didn't have it blocked chances of him making it were still slim. We have had the most blocked field goals then any other team by far. But hey either way GO BROWNS and Fuck Pittsburgh, Fuck the entire state of PA. 

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #68

    @browns-fan-1977 said:

    I am not sold on this kicker in any way and I am shocked that our front office saw enough of him to sign him. I miss Dawson and I even liked Cundiff but since then we have not had a kicker that  was worth a pint of piss. Remember how shitty Zane whatever his stupid name was we had in 2018? Missed extra points and field goals ? What a piss poor puts he was and really I held my breath every time Parky went out to kick because even if he didn't have it blocked chances of him making it were still slim. We have had the most blocked field goals then any other team by far. But hey either way GO BROWNS and Fuck Pittsburgh, Fuck the entire state of PA. 

    Welcome to the board ‘77. I’m pretty confident in McLaughlin though. He’s got that whole clean slate thing going for him here and for some unknown reason l just think he’s got the right mix of confidence and skill to succeed here. I think he’ll do fine. 

  • I am not sold on this kicker in any way and I am shocked that our front office saw enough of him to sign him. I miss Dawson and I even liked Cundiff but since then we have not had a kicker that  was worth a pint of piss. Remember how shitty Zane whatever his stupid name was we had in 2018? Missed extra points and field goals ? What a piss poor puts he was and really I held my breath every time Parky went out to kick because even if he didn't have it blocked chances of him making it were still slim. We have had the most blocked field goals then any other team by far. But hey either way GO BROWNS and Fuck Pittsburgh, Fuck the entire state of PA. 

    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @browns-fan-1977 said:

    We have had the most blocked field goals then any other team by far

    Not in 2020 - and change the year selector to 2019 or 2018.. Browns had 1 FG blocked in 2020.  Zane had 1 FG blocked in 2018.  I invite you to let the data update your feelings..

    Nobody's saying they're all-pros, but the salary for a notably better kicker such as the Ravens is roughly a starter at CB [$5M] .. I'm not sold on that either.  For the veteran minimum you'll get 18 or 19 of 23 each year..

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #70

    Chase McLaughlin questionable with a hammy

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #71

    Man-O-man we've got some frail kickers.

    What's the 72 yard guy doin'?  Maybe we'll pull him off the PS and get him on the field.

    As I've said, fortunately Stef practiced going for it on 4th down a whole bunch this preseason.

  • Man-O-man we've got some frail kickers.

    What's the 72 yard guy doin'?  Maybe we'll pull him off the PS and get him on the field.

    As I've said, fortunately Stef practiced going for it on 4th down a whole bunch this preseason.

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @orion said:

    Man-O-man we've got some frail kickers.

    What's the 72 yard guy doin'?  Maybe we'll pull him off the PS and get him on the field.

    As I've said, fortunately Stef practiced going for it on 4th down a whole bunch this preseason.

    the kid from smu hey maybe it is all meant to happen for him

  • @orion said:

    Man-O-man we've got some frail kickers.

    What's the 72 yard guy doin'?  Maybe we'll pull him off the PS and get him on the field.

    As I've said, fortunately Stef practiced going for it on 4th down a whole bunch this preseason.

    the kid from smu hey maybe it is all meant to happen for him

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #73

    @atom said:

    the kid from smu hey maybe it is all meant to happen for him

    Maybe.  But somehow, the gimmick guy never seems to make the big time.  Although, our punter is a little off top dead center... 

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #74

    The Scottish Hammer

  • GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by
    #75

    "all ready" ?

  • B Browns fan 1977 wrote on last edited by
    #76

    Maybe I am letting the blocked kicks from years past get to me but i remember the blocked fg against the rat birds I remember the game winning kick against the Steelers in 2018 so take your data and your half assed feelings and compare them to all the kicks we had since 2013 and you will see the most blocked kicks.  

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #77

    Well look who crawled out from under a rock... 

  • The Scottish Hammer

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #78

    @atom said:

    The Scottish Hammer

    Didn't the Hammer actually try a long FG last year? Wouldn't be surprised if he's the emergency backup. Plus, didn't we sign a kicker to the PS? EDIT: yes

  • "all ready" ?

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @gorka said:

    "all ready" ?

    I do agree.  It's not a problem until it's a problem.  Right now some just think it's a problem.

  • Maybe I am letting the blocked kicks from years past get to me but i remember the blocked fg against the rat birds I remember the game winning kick against the Steelers in 2018 so take your data and your half assed feelings and compare them to all the kicks we had since 2013 and you will see the most blocked kicks.  

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #80

    @browns-fan-1977 said:

    Maybe I am letting the blocked kicks from years past get to me but i remember the blocked fg against the rat birds I remember the game winning kick against the Steelers in 2018 so take your data and your half assed feelings and compare them to all the kicks we had since 2013 and you will see the most blocked kicks.  

    And welcome to the board also, hope to see you around !   Now you can miss a steady guy like Dawson maybe not lighting up the scoreboard with 60 yard bombs like some other guys but all in all a steady player.

    When you have ""issues"  with the least paid guys by position the P & K guys.......you might have a BIG problem winning some close games.

    SO the solution now is.........?.

    cleveland_browns_forum_940.png.b1a9c344d7f40890b0046c59e6906365-1.png

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #81

    Just another challenge & I trust our decision makers.

    Who kicks Sunday?...Canton Mike

    Mike

  • The Scottish Hammer

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @atom said:

    The Scottish Hammer

    You just wonder with 00:03 on the clock and you need a 49 yard FG to win versus KC on the road what will happen with _________ coming off the bench to try one.

    If he really was good he'd already be the kicker,   right ?   😮

    So what other FAs are out there ?   😆

  • @atom said:

    The Scottish Hammer

    You just wonder with 00:03 on the clock and you need a 49 yard FG to win versus KC on the road what will happen with _________ coming off the bench to try one.

    If he really was good he'd already be the kicker,   right ?   😮

    So what other FAs are out there ?   😆

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #83

    @mjp28 said:

    You just wonder with 00:03 on the clock and you need a 49 yard FG to win versus KC on the road what will happen with _________ coming off the bench to try one.

    If he really was good he'd already be the kicker,   right ?   😮

    So what other FAs are out there ?   😆

     In Phil Dawson's 1st year, he went 8 for 12 FGs with a long of 49 yards. Many wanted him GONE. He seemed to get better & stronger as he aged, so I'm willing to be patient. Let's just hope that WHOEVER kicks for us is good under pressure.

    Mike

  • @mjp28 said:

    You just wonder with 00:03 on the clock and you need a 49 yard FG to win versus KC on the road what will happen with _________ coming off the bench to try one.

    If he really was good he'd already be the kicker,   right ?   😮

    So what other FAs are out there ?   😆

     In Phil Dawson's 1st year, he went 8 for 12 FGs with a long of 49 yards. Many wanted him GONE. He seemed to get better & stronger as he aged, so I'm willing to be patient. Let's just hope that WHOEVER kicks for us is good under pressure.

    Mike

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @canton-mike said:

     In Phil Dawson's 1st year, he went 8 for 12 FGs with a long of 49 yards. Many wanted him GONE. He seemed to get better & stronger as he aged, so I'm willing to be patient. Let's just hope that WHOEVER kicks for us is good under pressure.

    Mike

    Good point -but- it just seems to be a win it now attitude in sports,  more than I can ever remember.

    Not much patience to give a kicker or anyone else time to work things out........ plus it is the FOs job to get it right and NOW !

    Sounds easy huh ?    😆

  • @canton-mike said:

     In Phil Dawson's 1st year, he went 8 for 12 FGs with a long of 49 yards. Many wanted him GONE. He seemed to get better & stronger as he aged, so I'm willing to be patient. Let's just hope that WHOEVER kicks for us is good under pressure.

    Mike

    Good point -but- it just seems to be a win it now attitude in sports,  more than I can ever remember.

    Not much patience to give a kicker or anyone else time to work things out........ plus it is the FOs job to get it right and NOW !

    Sounds easy huh ?    😆

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @mjp28 said:

    Good point -but- it just seems to be a win it now attitude in sports,  more than I can ever remember.

    Not much patience to give a kicker or anyone else time to work things out........ plus it is the FOs job to get it right and NOW !

    Sounds easy huh ?    😆

    I'm just glad my last name is not Berry, Stefanski, or Priefer!! Good luck to those guys!! 😁

    Mike

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #86

    Kicker seemed fine from what little we saw. The biggest question is with the punter. I'm ready to cut that fool. If you can't catch a snap in the biggest moment of the game, get off my team. Gillan is an average punter at best. Seriously, when is the last time you EVER saw an NFL punter drop a snap? A PERFECT snap. 

    GTFOH, Scottish Douche Nozzle. Everyone can make a mistake, but you don't get to make THAT one.

  • Kicker seemed fine from what little we saw. The biggest question is with the punter. I'm ready to cut that fool. If you can't catch a snap in the biggest moment of the game, get off my team. Gillan is an average punter at best. Seriously, when is the last time you EVER saw an NFL punter drop a snap? A PERFECT snap. 

    GTFOH, Scottish Douche Nozzle. Everyone can make a mistake, but you don't get to make THAT one.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #87

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Kicker seemed fine from what little we saw. The biggest question is with the punter. I'm ready to cut that fool. If you can't catch a snap in the biggest moment of the game, get off my team. Gillan is an average punter at best. Seriously, when is the last time you EVER saw an NFL punter drop a snap? A PERFECT snap. 

    GTFOH, Scottish Douche Nozzle. Everyone can make a mistake, but you don't get to make THAT one.

    The guy cost them a game. Along with Chubb fumbling. Would you cut Chubb?