Tour
-
Monday August 8, 2022.
OK jcam I took down the phone number on my site. Like I said if anyone's interested just contact Larry or me for it.
Larry can take down Tour2ma's address IF he thinks it's necessary.
Yes I'm careful with personal information -but- nobody here has heard from Tour since May......very unusual for him.
Any word from Tour ?
Just would hate for them to have problems like that, it can be a pain. I wasnt trying to be critical. I sure hope he is ok.
Just would hate for them to have problems like that, it can be a pain. I wasnt trying to be critical. I sure hope he is ok.
Regarding identity theft... It's why I was mighty hesitant to post any personal information to the Board in the first place. I deleted any and all of it I could find. If anyone's interested just contact (hoorta) or (mjp) for it.
Regarding getting any information out of the hospital, having worked in one for decades... That's a no-go now because of HIPPA privacy regulations. You <might> be able to find out if he's a patient there, but I wouldn't count on it.
Ah, the good old days- once upon a time George Carlin was a patient in our hospital, and everybody knew it.. Even knew what room he was in.
Now? As my recently retired wife told me, you can get fired for just looking up a patient's lab results without a "need to know".
-
Monday August 8, 2022.
OK jcam I took down the phone number on my site. Like I said if anyone's interested just contact Larry or me for it.
Larry can take down Tour2ma's address IF he thinks it's necessary.
Yes I'm careful with personal information -but- nobody here has heard from Tour since May......very unusual for him.
Any word from Tour ?
Just would hate for them to have problems like that, it can be a pain. I wasnt trying to be critical. I sure hope he is ok.
-
Just would hate for them to have problems like that, it can be a pain. I wasnt trying to be critical. I sure hope he is ok.
Regarding identity theft... It's why I was mighty hesitant to post any personal information to the Board in the first place. I deleted any and all of it I could find. If anyone's interested just contact (hoorta) or (mjp) for it.
Regarding getting any information out of the hospital, having worked in one for decades... That's a no-go now because of HIPPA privacy regulations. You <might> be able to find out if he's a patient there, but I wouldn't count on it.
Ah, the good old days- once upon a time George Carlin was a patient in our hospital, and everybody knew it.. Even knew what room he was in.
Now? As my recently retired wife told me, you can get fired for just looking up a patient's lab results without a "need to know".
Regarding identity theft... It's why I was mighty hesitant to post any personal information to the Board in the first place. I deleted any and all of it I could find. If anyone's interested just contact (hoorta) or (mjp) for it.
Regarding getting any information out of the hospital, having worked in one for decades... That's a no-go now because of HIPPA privacy regulations. You <might> be able to find out if he's a patient there, but I wouldn't count on it.
Ah, the good old days- once upon a time George Carlin was a patient in our hospital, and everybody knew it.. Even knew what room he was in.
Now? As my recently retired wife told me, you can get fired for just looking up a patient's lab results without a "need to know".
Oh yes ! ! HIPPA has really changed the ID world there.
And my wife was a nurse in ONE hospital system for 42 years just ending in 2018 from the old, old General Hospital days to computers and cards to get buried information. Remember when a person's chart was on a clipboard hanging on the footboard of the bed ? Not today.
If a person is OK with their address or even phone then it's up to them to post it.
Sometimes I miss the good ol' days......on everything including sports.

-
HIPPA is a necessary evil. None of us here should be able to find out medical/health information regarding Tour.
Of course, when my 93 year old Dad was brought to the hospital from the Veteran's Home, I'd meet him there and was involved with him, his doctors, nurses, medical decisions, etc. But once I left and was calling on the phone I was once again shielded from that. I remember once telling the floor nurses station while on the phone with them, "Well look, good luck getting info from the 93 year old." And of course, she said to me, "I know! It really is silly sometimes." (Dear God, please heal up Tour.)
-
Every time this thread is in bold and back at the top I get hopeful and scared at the same time. I click on it with the most positive vibes I can muster.
^ and no, the irony of me replying to send it back to the top in bold is not lost on me.... Kick this things ass T, because you still have a lot of years left reading my incredibly awesome posts. ?
-
Zombo said:
I sent his wife a Facebook message last week, and she hasn't responded.
But she doesn't know me from Adam so that shouldn't be any indication.
Z
Z, I'll reach out today, but I'm not expecting anything more than what you got.
-
Check my PM to you from Monday Larry. Thanks.
Please resend the PM Tex... it's possible that I accidentally deleted it.
-
?
-
Check my PM to you from Monday Larry. Thanks.
Please resend the PM Tex... it's possible that I accidentally deleted it.
-
Zombo said:
I sent his wife a Facebook message last week, and she hasn't responded.
But she doesn't know me from Adam so that shouldn't be any indication.
Z
Maybe not knowing you increases the odds?
Just kidding, Bubba. For those that may not know, I know Zombo and have a 1st hand relationship. He is a good egg.
-
My note to Bruce & Spouse went out this morning (thanks DBone for that address) and hopefully I will get a call this weekend depending on how long snail mail takes to get 200 miles to east Texas. They now have my address as well as phone number. Bruce and I have talked several times over the years by telephone, so hopefully I get some contact back from one or both. I will let you know anything they are comfortable with me sharing here on the board as soon as I hear anything.?
-
My note to Bruce & Spouse went out this morning (thanks DBone for that address) and hopefully I will get a call this weekend depending on how long snail mail takes to get 200 miles to east Texas. They now have my address as well as phone number. Bruce and I have talked several times over the years by telephone, so hopefully I get some contact back from one or both. I will let you know anything they are comfortable with me sharing here on the board as soon as I hear anything.?
My note to Bruce & Spouse went out this morning (thanks DBone for that address) and hopefully I will get a call this weekend depending on how long snail mail takes to get 200 miles to east Texas. They now have my address as well as phone number. Bruce and I have talked several times over the years by telephone, so hopefully I get some contact back from one or both. I will let you know anything they are comfortable with me sharing here on the board as soon as I hear anything.?
You tell that MF to text me back a "LOL" at least. My wedding/football story I sent him was pure gold, and I require that validation of my humor.
Thanks.
-
I mailed that message out a week ago today and I have not had a call back or a reply through snail mail as of yet. That makes me wonder if maybe they are in a treatment center somewhere (hopefully) and not at home at all.
-
Although I don't know Tour personally, we did go to the same Junior and Senior high Schools. We don't agree politically, but that doesn't matter. I wish him a peaceful journey to whatever lies beyond. Homie.
-
I'm so saddened to hear this. He was so kind as to mail memorabilia of the final game that my best friend and I watched together before my friend passed. And now, he's passing. So saddened.
I'm sure Zombo, that you've asked his wife to remember us to him...and that we love him.
-
This one really hurts ? pal.. ?
Bruce & I had plans of meeting up at the Philly draft now some 5 years ago.. Bruce shared a link of a hotel that he stayed at in his past travels.. I'll share some PM's between us.. There the oldest PM's I've kept.. This Stud has a heart of gold
I have it in mind to go, but not sure it will happen.
Did a quick trivago and there is one great deal not too far from the Ritz where the draft will be, The Alexander Inn. It's 3-star and graded 88/100 for $139/night. Here's the link:
(I booked room soon after T's PM/ my son-in-law went in T's place)

Like I said, may not happen for me, but a draft is kind of a bucket list thing for me as well. Plus my best friend from college still lives an hour or so north of Philly.
- Gumby
Sad to say the Philly draft is not happening for me.
Maybe next year... in Cleveland!
Represent us well....
Tour
Glad you were able to make use of Tour Travel
... Hope it turns out to be as decent as my stay and as it appears online... (on my return, I later PM'd T, a thanks & the hotel & service was great!)
Have yourself a blast... and please draft Myles Garrett... (?
️)
Lord hear our Prayers ?
-
That’s really sad. “Never got to see them win a Superbowl” is becoming an exponential refrain among our kind. And it’s not really just about winning the Superbowl, it’s about sharing that elusive experience with family and friends, especially the older ones who made you a fan. You want it for them more than anything.
Godspeed Tour into wherever the afterlife goes. You will be missed.
-
The news is like a brick wall ending. Just stops you in your tracks.
Life is energy. Energy doesn't go away. It just transitions from the body.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login