Skip to content

Tour

The Browns Board
159 42 10.5k 1
  • Zombo said:

    I sent his wife a Facebook message last week, and she hasn't responded.

    But she doesn't know me from Adam so that shouldn't be any indication.

    Z

    Z, I'll reach out today, but I'm not expecting anything more than what you got.  🙁  

    @hoorta said:

    Z, I'll reach out today, but I'm not expecting anything more than what you got.  🙁  

    Check my PM to you from Monday Larry. Thanks.

  • @hoorta said:

    Z, I'll reach out today, but I'm not expecting anything more than what you got.  🙁  

    Check my PM to you from Monday Larry. Thanks.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Check my PM to you from Monday Larry. Thanks.

    Please resend the PM Tex... it's possible that I accidentally deleted it.  🙁

  • ?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Check my PM to you from Monday Larry. Thanks.

    Please resend the PM Tex... it's possible that I accidentally deleted it.  🙁

    @hoorta said:

    Please resend the PM Tex... it's possible that I accidentally deleted it.  🙁

    It's ok. Dbone had the information on Bruce I needed.

  • Zombo said:

    I sent his wife a Facebook message last week, and she hasn't responded.

    But she doesn't know me from Adam so that shouldn't be any indication.

    Z

    Maybe not knowing you increases the odds?

    Just kidding, Bubba.  For those that may not know, I know Zombo and have a 1st hand relationship.  He is a good egg.

  • My note to Bruce & Spouse went out this morning (thanks DBone for that address) and hopefully I will get a call this weekend depending on how long snail mail takes to get 200 miles to east Texas. They now have my address as well as phone number. Bruce and I have talked several times over the years by telephone, so hopefully I get some contact back from one or both. I will let you know anything they are comfortable with me sharing here on the board as soon as I hear anything.?

  • My note to Bruce & Spouse went out this morning (thanks DBone for that address) and hopefully I will get a call this weekend depending on how long snail mail takes to get 200 miles to east Texas. They now have my address as well as phone number. Bruce and I have talked several times over the years by telephone, so hopefully I get some contact back from one or both. I will let you know anything they are comfortable with me sharing here on the board as soon as I hear anything.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    My note to Bruce & Spouse went out this morning (thanks DBone for that address) and hopefully I will get a call this weekend depending on how long snail mail takes to get 200 miles to east Texas. They now have my address as well as phone number. Bruce and I have talked several times over the years by telephone, so hopefully I get some contact back from one or both. I will let you know anything they are comfortable with me sharing here on the board as soon as I hear anything.?

    You tell that MF to text me back a "LOL" at least.  My wedding/football story I sent him was pure gold, and I require that validation of my humor.

    Thanks.

  • I mailed that message out a week ago today and I have not had a call back or a reply through snail mail as of yet. That makes me wonder if maybe they are in a treatment center somewhere (hopefully) and not at home at all.

  • My heart just dropped in my chest and tears are streaming down my face. I hope for a pain free exit from this world and I am better for knowing you T. 

    Thank you Bruce for all of the laughter, the shirts and the Christmas cards. 

    Your friend,

    Darryl 

  • Although I don't know Tour personally, we did go to the same Junior and Senior high Schools.  We don't agree politically, but that doesn't matter.  I wish him a peaceful journey to whatever lies beyond.  Homie.

  • I'm so saddened to hear this.  He was so kind as to mail memorabilia of the final game that my best friend and I watched together before my friend passed.  And now, he's passing.   So saddened. 

    I'm sure Zombo, that you've asked his wife to remember us to him...and that we love him.    

  • This one really hurts ? pal..  ? 

    Bruce & I had plans of meeting up at the Philly draft now some 5 years ago.. Bruce shared a link of a hotel that he stayed at in his past travels.. I'll share some PM's between us.. There the oldest PM's I've kept.. This Stud has a heart of gold

    I have it in mind to go, but not sure it will happen. 

    Did a quick trivago and there is one great deal not too far from the Ritz where the draft will be, The Alexander Inn. It's 3-star and graded 88/100 for $139/night. Here's the link: 

    (I booked room soon after T's PM/ my son-in-law went in T's place)  🙁

    Like I said, may not happen for me, but a draft is kind of a bucket list thing for me as well. Plus my best friend from college still lives an hour or so north of Philly.

    Tour2ma

     
    • Gumby

    Sad to say the Philly draft is not happening for me.

    Maybe next year... in Cleveland!

    Represent us well....

    Tour

    Glad you were able to make use of Tour Travel  🙂... Hope it turns out to be as decent as my stay and as it appears online... (on my return, I later PM'd T, a thanks & the hotel & service was great!)

    Have yourself a blast... and please draft Myles Garrett... (? ✔️)

    Lord hear our Prayers ? 

  • That’s really sad. “Never got to see them win a Superbowl” is becoming an exponential refrain among our kind. And it’s not really just about winning the Superbowl, it’s about sharing that elusive experience with family and friends, especially the older ones who made you a fan. You want it for them more than anything. 
     

    Godspeed Tour into wherever the afterlife goes. You will be missed. 

  • The news is like a brick wall ending. Just stops you in your tracks.

    Life is energy.  Energy doesn't go away.  It just transitions from the body. 

  • Not how I wanted to start the morning.

     Spoke to him on multiple occasions over the last few years.  He could never make up his mind on whether to call me by board handle, or my real name.  So he would just drop a 'T' .... made me crack up quite a bit.

     The first time I got to speak with Tour (Bruce) ... his enthusiasm and wit were pretty evident.  On top of his energy.  Seriously, the guy could talk a mile a minute.    But what really stood out was how organic the conversation was.  Guy talked to me like we were old college buddies just picking up after a break in contact.

     I'll always be grateful for him as an individual and his passion for the Browns, but specifically his knowledge of the offensive line and driving me to increase my command of 'his' position group by encouraging me to reach out to him, and some of the guys I played with.

     I feel for his wife, his family, his friends, and TBB as a whole.   Hasn't been, and won't be the same without him.

  • I'm glad he and I had a long phone discussion about facing the worst possible outcome a few months back when the reality of his disease was hitting him full force. I hope and pray that what we shared together helps him let go peacefully to his next journey beyond this mortal life we all share. Just go to the light when the time comes my old friend. Love and prayers for you Bruce?. And Go Browns!??

    Bill

  • This is heartbreaking. 

    I remember how I, who was a rookie trying to learn about the Browns, would read his posts and think there was a great mind with some wit behind those words. 

    Then once I decided to start writing I remember fondly how he replied and welcomed me. As a Spaniard, I kind of needed an approval to join a forum with such tradition on a sport and a team I wasn't born around, and his words made me feel I could hang around here and feel between unseen, long lasting friends, in a weird manner. 

    Now the time to say goodbye comes, and I just hope we will soon cheer and have a drink for a Superbow victory, and for the ones who have left without seeing it, but paved the way of this fandom. 

    Qué tengas un buen viaje, Bruce. 

    David

  • Zombo said:

    More from Suzanne Tuma, including her phone number that you can text if you want to talk to Bruce:

    Thank you for sharing the love and concern for him. He is the love of my life, my true soulmate, and God's greatest gift to me. Let the folks know that if they want to talk to him, I am happy to facilitate that process. He most likely won't speak, but I can interpret facial expressions and responses. They can text me at 9034756077 if they wish to speak with him. Right now, 2-4/5, seems to be awake time for him. Take care! And thank you for caring for Bruce!

    Thanks for this. I got to say goodbye and I hope it made him smile if only for a moment. It did me. 

    FUCK CANCER 

  • That’s really sad. “Never got to see them win a Superbowl” is becoming an exponential refrain among our kind. And it’s not really just about winning the Superbowl, it’s about sharing that elusive experience with family and friends, especially the older ones who made you a fan. You want it for them more than anything. 
     

    Godspeed Tour into wherever the afterlife goes. You will be missed. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    That’s really sad. “Never got to see them win a Superbowl” is becoming an exponential refrain among our kind. And it’s not really just about winning the Superbowl, it’s about sharing that elusive experience with family and friends, especially the older ones who made you a fan. You want it for them more than anything. 
     

    Godspeed Tour into wherever the afterlife goes. You will be missed. 

    Yes, we've lost several folks who never got to see a Browns Super Bowl win.. Stan, Gipper, and Fat Dad immediately come to mind. Looks like Bruce is going to join that sad club.  Brain cancer is a bitch, if you get the wrong kind.  I never thought I'd be waiting 58 years and counting for the Browns to win another Championship either.

    I was fortunate to spend some time with Tour a few years ago when the Browns played the Dolphins.  Met up in Zombo's stomping ground in Naples, and we had a great dinner at Bleu Provence. I may get ragged on for being a wino, but that restaurant has one of the top 100 wine lists in the country. We happen to share a fondness for fermented grape juice.  🙂  I even still have a bottle of Texas Hills Vineyard Malbec he sent me in my cellar. I offered to reciprocate, and send him some Lake Erie wines two years ago, but ever the optimist, Bruce said later after I beat this thing.  🙁  

    Yep, we were sitting right next to one another at that Dolphins game when Cody Par-kay doinked that one off the upright that your could hear all the way up in the 500 level in the stands. 

    As we say, life isn't ended, it's just changed. We'll have another guy upstairs rooting the Browns on. Vaya con Dios mi amigo, Bruce. 

  • Tour and I never agreed on much.. But I always respected what he brought to the board... So for Him, Gipper and Daddy Bull..  Fly on great Browns fans... I hope you find peace in Gods house...