Tour
-
Thatâs really sad. âNever got to see them win a Superbowlâ is becoming an exponential refrain among our kind. And itâs not really just about winning the Superbowl, itâs about sharing that elusive experience with family and friends, especially the older ones who made you a fan. You want it for them more than anything.Â
ÂGodspeed Tour into wherever the afterlife goes. You will be missed.Â
Yes, we've lost several folks who never got to see a Browns Super Bowl win.. Stan, Gipper, and Fat Dad immediately come to mind. Looks like Bruce is going to join that sad club. Brain cancer is a bitch, if you get the wrong kind. I never thought I'd be waiting 58 years and counting for the Browns to win another Championship either.
I was fortunate to spend some time with Tour a few years ago when the Browns played the Dolphins. Met up in Zombo's stomping ground in Naples, and we had a great dinner at Bleu Provence. I may get ragged on for being a wino, but that restaurant has one of the top 100 wine lists in the country. We happen to share a fondness for fermented grape juice.Â
 I even still have a bottle of Texas Hills Vineyard Malbec he sent me in my cellar. I offered to reciprocate, and send him some Lake Erie wines two years ago, but ever the optimist, Bruce said later after I beat this thing.Â
 Â
Yep, we were sitting right next to one another at that Dolphins game when Cody Par-kay doinked that one off the upright that your could hear all the way up in the 500 level in the stands.Â
As we say, life isn't ended, it's just changed. We'll have another guy upstairs rooting the Browns on. Vaya con Dios mi amigo, Bruce.Â
Yes, we've lost several folks who never got to see a Browns Super Bowl win.. Stan, Gipper, and Fat Dad immediately come to mind. Looks like Bruce is going to join that sad club. Brain cancer is a bitch, if you get the wrong kind. I never thought I'd be waiting 58 years and counting for the Browns to win another Championship either.
I was fortunate to spend some time with Tour a few years ago when the Browns played the Dolphins. Met up in Zombo's stomping ground in Naples, and we had a great dinner at Bleu Provence. I may get ragged on for being a wino, but that restaurant has one of the top 100 wine lists in the country. We happen to share a fondness for fermented grape juice.Â
 I even still have a bottle of Texas Hills Vineyard Malbec he sent me in my cellar. I offered to reciprocate, and send him some Lake Erie wines two years ago, but ever the optimist, Bruce said later after I beat this thing.Â
 Â
Yep, we were sitting right next to one another at that Dolphins game when Cody Par-kay doinked that one off the upright that your could hear all the way up in the 500 level in the stands.Â
As we say, life isn't ended, it's just changed. We'll have another guy upstairs rooting the Browns on. Vaya con Dios mi amigo, Bruce.Â
It's funny how life intersects- I was also at this game in the scorching heat (not realizing there was indeed a shaded section of Hard Rock stadium). I vividly remember that doink too, and it's funny thinking how folks like you and Tour have that now funny memory.
Not going to act like I knew the man at all, nor were we friends. I just pray everyone in his life to include you all find solace and peace. Too many good men didn't get to see this stupid team we love win the whole thing-fuck cancer.
-
This is real sad news. I don't know bruce, but know his screen name and the nature of his posts, much like I did with gipper. Being from another country, and a real rookie browns fan compared to you guys, I rarely post, but I always read, so I feel like I know you all. Peace be with you tour.Â
Love from england
-
Gutted. I met Bruce in London when the Browns played the Vikings heâd had his tickets delivered to my address so I met him to hand them over and he in turn had a Browns board jumper to give it to me! We chatted briefly as he had to meet his wife but he was a true friend to me on this board via PM and the brief chat we did have in person was a fun one filled with laughter.Â
ÂSleep well my friend. Â
-
Gutted. I met Bruce in London when the Browns played the Vikings heâd had his tickets delivered to my address so I met him to hand them over and he in turn had a Browns board jumper to give it to me! We chatted briefly as he had to meet his wife but he was a true friend to me on this board via PM and the brief chat we did have in person was a fun one filled with laughter.Â
ÂSleep well my friend. Â
Gutted. I met Bruce in London when the Browns played the Vikings heâd had his tickets delivered to my address so I met him to hand them over and he in turn had a Browns board jumper to give it to me! We chatted briefly as he had to meet his wife but he was a true friend to me on this board via PM and the brief chat we did have in person was a fun one filled with laughter.Â
ÂSleep well my friend. Â
Bruce sent me memorabilia from that game. I posted once that that game was the last game that my best friend in the world (a Vikings fan) and I watched together before my friend passed....and in the mail a packet came from Bruce. - A special guy that Tour!
-
Godspeed, Tour. Dang it man...this one hurts. I won't feel sorry for you per instructions, but it won't be the same without you.
ïžÂ
-
Hate to hear this.Â
Iâm not much of a poster anymore but I still try to lurk and keep tabs on whatâs going on here. Although I never was afforded the opportunity to meet any of yâall in person, I still considered many of you friends and hearing this news absolutely guts me.
This board got me through a very rough time in my life and Tour was always incredibly nice to me despite having no reason to be. He would often entertain my nonsensical (and occasionally combative) posts and we ended up having some great discussions about this team and itâs myriad problems.Â
Bruce, thank you for taking time out of your life to talk Browns with a young kid with a lot on his mind who didnât really have anyone else to talk to. Iâll proudly hang the Browns flag you sent me until it can no longer be hung.
Take care, my friend -
Jared
 -
Happy birthday tour. Gods speed. I'm sure you'll be heaven's first round draft pick.Â
-
Zombo said:
Today is Bruce's 70th Birthday ?Â
If you want to send him a Birthday greeting, his wife Suzanne's number is above in the thread.
Z
Yeah, his wife created a group text to keep some of us in the loop. It was his birthday, and he's still hanging in there. Back in Florida, he didn't look anywhere close to my aged years.  ?
-
RIP Tour.
-
Heavenâs gain is our loss.
He was a Brownâs fan through and through.
RIP Tour.
-
He has been missed around here. He was a true fan. He was a thoughtful guy. He is in the light of love I'm sure.
He has been missed around here. He was a true fan. He was a thoughtful guy. He is in the light of love I'm sure.
My feelings exactly about our friend Bruce. A nice guy to chat with on TBB or in PMs here.
Best wishes for his wife and rest in peace our friend.Â
Never easy to find the right words sometimes good bye old friend, you are missed.Â
ïž
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đ
Register Login