Skip to content

Tour

The Browns Board
159 42 10.5k 1
  • T hasn't logged onto here since Jan 4th and I'm a bit concerned. Has anyone heard from him? 

  • I have his phone # and email... I'll check in today....   

    As a fellow wine lover... You can't take it with you... Unfortunately- like my pal Tom who didn't get around to drinking 6,000 or so bottles of wine before he checked out- that his kids inherited.   So if you're going out... Drink up.  

  • Funny this is being bumped, I just thought about him the other day and was going to shoot Tour a text. 

    I know he was dealing with the fallout from chemo and treatment, so I didn't want to bother him.  But figured we would have heard from him around this point.

  • I have his phone # and email... I'll check in today....   

    As a fellow wine lover... You can't take it with you... Unfortunately- like my pal Tom who didn't get around to drinking 6,000 or so bottles of wine before he checked out- that his kids inherited.   So if you're going out... Drink up.  

    @hoorta said:

    I have his phone # and email... I'll check in today.... 

    Thank you!  I'm sure that my concern for him of late is shared by many here.

  • @hoorta said:

    I have his phone # and email... I'll check in today.... 

    Thank you!  I'm sure that my concern for him of late is shared by many here.

    @orion said:

    Thank you!  I'm sure that my concern for him of late is shared by many here.

    Oh yes.   I haven't PM'd him in over a month,  I like others here hope that he's doing well.  

  • I was thinking the same the other day, if there is any news please let me know, too. 

  • I was thinking the same the other day, if there is any news please let me know, too. 

    @nero said:

    I was thinking the same the other day, if there is any news please let me know, too. 

    The news I have is Tour's voice mail is still active.  I left him a message to call me back. 

  • I hope he is OK, but we can't think the worst.  He is going through a rough patch, and some patches are rougher than others.  In those rougher times it would be hard to think about a message board of "friends" when it is hard enough to deal with the day to day stuff on his plate.

    Prayers out to Tour and his family.

  • Sent him a text this morning, will check back in when I hear something.

  • Zombo said:

    I texted with him yesterday, he sounded in good spirits, he is going through a lot. Told him to stop here and say hello to everybody. 

    Z

    Great to hear! Thanks for the update Z. 

  • Heard back from him around 6pm last night. Seems like he's in good spirits. Said he hasn't been hitting much film review because he's struggling to find the energy. But his focus when he does is on Day 2 and beyond QB's.

    Most importantly, he's still with us fighting the good fight.

  • Too many fucking ologists in our lives these days. Best of luck old friend Rock on. Thankfully friendship is here to remind us how insignificant our petty differences are elsewhere.

    Remember it's too damn early for you to go see the Gipper.

    WSS

  • Heard back from him around 6pm last night. Seems like he's in good spirits. Said he hasn't been hitting much film review because he's struggling to find the energy. But his focus when he does is on Day 2 and beyond QB's.

    Most importantly, he's still with us fighting the good fight.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Heard back from him around 6pm last night. Seems like he's in good spirits. Said he hasn't been hitting much film review because he's struggling to find the energy. But his focus when he does is on Day 2 and beyond QB's.

    Most importantly, he's still with us fighting the good fight.

    FWIW, Bruce called me back this afternoon when he got around to checking his voicemail.  Had a really nice 20 minute conversation. Sounded great, considering all he's been through. Another couple rounds of high dose chemo of late. He is still doing his position reviews, and upbeat.   Same as tia heard.. he's having energy issues finding enough strength to be able to post here, but don't give up hope that we'll hear from him sometime soon.   

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Heard back from him around 6pm last night. Seems like he's in good spirits. Said he hasn't been hitting much film review because he's struggling to find the energy. But his focus when he does is on Day 2 and beyond QB's.

    Most importantly, he's still with us fighting the good fight.

    FWIW, Bruce called me back this afternoon when he got around to checking his voicemail.  Had a really nice 20 minute conversation. Sounded great, considering all he's been through. Another couple rounds of high dose chemo of late. He is still doing his position reviews, and upbeat.   Same as tia heard.. he's having energy issues finding enough strength to be able to post here, but don't give up hope that we'll hear from him sometime soon.   

    @hoorta said:

    FWIW, Bruce called me back this afternoon when he got around to checking his voicemail.  Had a really nice 20 minute conversation. Sounded great, considering all he's been through. Another couple rounds of high dose chemo of late. He is still doing his position reviews, and upbeat.   Same as tia heard.. he's having energy issues finding enough strength to be able to post here, but don't give up hope that we'll hear from him sometime soon.   

    That's great news! 

  • @hoorta said:

    FWIW, Bruce called me back this afternoon when he got around to checking his voicemail.  Had a really nice 20 minute conversation. Sounded great, considering all he's been through. Another couple rounds of high dose chemo of late. He is still doing his position reviews, and upbeat.   Same as tia heard.. he's having energy issues finding enough strength to be able to post here, but don't give up hope that we'll hear from him sometime soon.   

    That's great news! 

    @d-bone said:

    That's great news! 

    Sometimes sleep or at least rest is truly your best medicine.  Put down the computer and all of that other "stuff" and just kick back and just enjoy some music or whatever you like to do.

    Hang in there Bruce one day at a time.  mjp

  • Awesome news...

  • @d-bone said:

    That's great news! 

    Sometimes sleep or at least rest is truly your best medicine.  Put down the computer and all of that other "stuff" and just kick back and just enjoy some music or whatever you like to do.

    Hang in there Bruce one day at a time.  mjp

    @mjp28 said:

    Hang in there Bruce one day at a time.  mjp

    We're all old enough now to heed that sage advice.?

  • God damnit, Tour. I was just thinking about why I hadn't seen you in the tavern or discord yet.  I figured you either ran to Hawaii and eloped with some random girl or a rattlesnake got you.  

    There are very few original football opinions on this board that make me stop and re-evaluate my stance should they point something out of their own.  And yours has always been right as the top.  So don't you dare have the AUDACITY to check out before the Brownies bring one home.    But when that happens? Then you have my permission to go out and about as you please.  

    You know we'll all be thinking about you buddy. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    God damnit, Tour. I was just thinking about why I hadn't seen you in the tavern or discord yet.  I figured you either ran to Hawaii and eloped with some random girl or a rattlesnake got you.  

    Nah.... round, just not watching enough football to have anything even I think is worthwhile posting, but I' working on a couple things. Especially with FA heating up.

  • UPDATE: 

    I'm now enterring (or fixin' to enter) a clinical trail.

    Spent yesterday morning clearing final hurdles at UT SW Hospital awesome place.

    Even better my randomized assignment was to the "Standard of care group" which means I will be getting a drug that has a track record. My group will serve as the standard to which the other 4 or 5 candidates will be compared. 

    My head Oncologist says if he had what I had this is the trial he'd want to be in.

    Celebrated last nite... Spirits lifted...

    More later as I have time... I have steak waiting on a preheating pan.... cast iron...

  • UPDATE: 

    I'm now enterring (or fixin' to enter) a clinical trail.

    Spent yesterday morning clearing final hurdles at UT SW Hospital awesome place.

    Even better my randomized assignment was to the "Standard of care group" which means I will be getting a drug that has a track record. My group will serve as the standard to which the other 4 or 5 candidates will be compared. 

    My head Oncologist says if he had what I had this is the trial he'd want to be in.

    Celebrated last nite... Spirits lifted...

    More later as I have time... I have steak waiting on a preheating pan.... cast iron...

    @tour2ma said:

    My head Oncologist says if he had what I had this is the trial he'd want to be in.

    Celebrated last nite... Spirits lifted...

    More later as I have time... I have steak waiting on a preheating pan.... cast iron... oh yes !

    Carry on pal, steak on a cast iron pan  sounds good !  I can almost smell it now, ahhh . mjp