Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Obama calls open borders 'unsustainable,' migrant crisis 'heartbreaking'

Obama calls open borders 'unsustainable,' migrant crisis 'heartbreaking'

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
10 Posts 6 Posters 388 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Vambo VamboV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter First Post Posting Machine Collaborator Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 18k Posts
    • 6k Reputation
    VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
    #1
    Obama calls open borders 'unsustainable,' migrant crisis 'heartbreaking'
    Politics

    Obama calls open borders 'unsustainable,' migrant crisis 'heartbreaking'

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • BaconHound B One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 5k Posts
      • 306 Reputation
      B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Agreed and I wish I could even offer a solution. The closest I can come up with is shut the border down but I’m not sure we have enough personnel to pull that off.  Also as people congregate the conditions will get worse and more dangerous for those policing the area.  It is a lose/lose from my perspective.

      GorkaG VamboV 2 Replies Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • B BaconHound

        Agreed and I wish I could even offer a solution. The closest I can come up with is shut the border down but I’m not sure we have enough personnel to pull that off.  Also as people congregate the conditions will get worse and more dangerous for those policing the area.  It is a lose/lose from my perspective.

        Gorka GorkaG Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In Week One Done One Month Later Very Popular
        • 4k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @baconhound said:

        Agreed and I wish I could even offer a solution. The closest I can come up with is shut the border down but I’m not sure we have enough personnel to pull that off.  Also as people congregate the conditions will get worse and more dangerous for those policing the area.  It is a lose/lose from my perspective.

        Didn't some politician suggest building a wall? 

        B 1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • GorkaG Gorka

          @baconhound said:

          Agreed and I wish I could even offer a solution. The closest I can come up with is shut the border down but I’m not sure we have enough personnel to pull that off.  Also as people congregate the conditions will get worse and more dangerous for those policing the area.  It is a lose/lose from my perspective.

          Didn't some politician suggest building a wall? 

          BaconHound B One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 5k Posts
          • 306 Reputation
          B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @gorka said:

          Didn't some politician suggest building a wall? 

          A barrier is only a small part of border protection.  Drug runners have been building tunnels for years.  You’d still need to police the border and put certain policies in place.  I’m not comfortable with shooting people who attempt to scale a border wall.

          Canton DawgC W VamboV 3 Replies Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • B BaconHound

            @gorka said:

            Didn't some politician suggest building a wall? 

            A barrier is only a small part of border protection.  Drug runners have been building tunnels for years.  You’d still need to police the border and put certain policies in place.  I’m not comfortable with shooting people who attempt to scale a border wall.

            Canton Dawg Canton DawgC Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
            • 12k Posts
            • 7k Reputation
            Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg
            #5

            @baconhound said:

            I’m not comfortable with shooting people who attempt to scale a border wall.

            I’m also not comfortable with Middle Eastern terrorist waltzing across the border either.

            Two things that will define you: Your determination when you have nothing. Your attitude when you have everything. - Mike McCartney
            1 Reply Last reply
            👍
            Quote Reply
            • B BaconHound

              @gorka said:

              Didn't some politician suggest building a wall? 

              A barrier is only a small part of border protection.  Drug runners have been building tunnels for years.  You’d still need to police the border and put certain policies in place.  I’m not comfortable with shooting people who attempt to scale a border wall.

              Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
              • 39k Posts
              • 9k Reputation
              W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @baconhound said:

              A barrier is only a small part of border protection.  

               Yes but it's still a part. No one piece of the puzzle is a Panacea. The Border isn't under control because certain people don't want it to be under control. Face it.

              Drug runners have been building tunnels for years.

              Seems like with advancing technology that should be easier and easier to find and collapse?

               You’d still need to police the border and put certain policies in place.

              Right?

               I’m not comfortable with shooting people who attempt to scale a border wall.  At least it would cut down on recidivism.  ?

              WSS

              www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • hammertime hammertimeH Dedicated Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                • 4k Posts
                • 2k Reputation
                hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
                #7

                We could stop drug trafficking if we wanted to.

                guns don't kill kids-pitt bulls do.
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • B BaconHound

                  Agreed and I wish I could even offer a solution. The closest I can come up with is shut the border down but I’m not sure we have enough personnel to pull that off.  Also as people congregate the conditions will get worse and more dangerous for those policing the area.  It is a lose/lose from my perspective.

                  Vambo VamboV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter First Post Posting Machine Collaborator Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                  • 18k Posts
                  • 6k Reputation
                  VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @baconhound said:

                  Agreed and I wish I could even offer a solution. The closest I can come up with is shut the border down but I’m not sure we have enough personnel to pull that off.  Also as people congregate the conditions will get worse and more dangerous for those policing the area.  It is a lose/lose from my perspective.

                  Finish the wall is a great start! 

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • B BaconHound

                    @gorka said:

                    Didn't some politician suggest building a wall? 

                    A barrier is only a small part of border protection.  Drug runners have been building tunnels for years.  You’d still need to police the border and put certain policies in place.  I’m not comfortable with shooting people who attempt to scale a border wall.

                    Vambo VamboV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter First Post Posting Machine Collaborator Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                    • 18k Posts
                    • 6k Reputation
                    VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @baconhound said:

                    A barrier is only a small part of border protection.  Drug runners have been building tunnels for years.  You’d still need to police the border and put certain policies in place.  I’m not comfortable with shooting people who attempt to scale a border wall.

                    The Democrats barrier in DC seems like a good idea to keep unwanted people out! 

                    Canton DawgC 1 Reply Last reply
                    👍
                    Quote Reply
                    • VamboV Vambo

                      @baconhound said:

                      A barrier is only a small part of border protection.  Drug runners have been building tunnels for years.  You’d still need to police the border and put certain policies in place.  I’m not comfortable with shooting people who attempt to scale a border wall.

                      The Democrats barrier in DC seems like a good idea to keep unwanted people out! 

                      Canton Dawg Canton DawgC Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                      • 12k Posts
                      • 7k Reputation
                      Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @vambo said:

                      The Democrats barrier in DC seems like a good idea to keep unwanted people out! 

                      It works well in prisons too!

                      Two things that will define you: Your determination when you have nothing. Your attitude when you have everything. - Mike McCartney
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      Theme
                      • System
                      • Light
                      • Dark
                      The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                      The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Forums
                      • Recent
                      • Popular
                      • Users
                      • Donate