Skip to content

Collins?

The Browns Board
23 14 952 1
  • bring him back on a one year deal?

  • bring him back on a one year deal?

    @lbc-mike said:

    bring him back on a one year deal?

    Collins who?

  • Even though he only plays half speed on 60% of the plays.... he is still an upgrade. Guess it's just cash out the door if its a one year deal and he puts the same effort in as he did before, but that guy can light it up when he does play...

  • Jamie Collins

  • No in the 4-2-5 scheme he’s a backup.  Im more than okay with our LB play this year 

  • Jamie Collins

    @lbc-mike said:

    Jamie Collins

    NO!... His best days are behind him...

  • @lbc-mike said:

    Jamie Collins

    NO!... His best days are behind him...

    @nickers said:

    NO!... His best days are behind him...

    Ya, but is he better than Mack Wilson or Taki Taki for the rest of this season? (Even at half speed....)

  • @nickers said:

    NO!... His best days are behind him...

    Ya, but is he better than Mack Wilson or Taki Taki for the rest of this season? (Even at half speed....)

    @hx214 said:

    Ya, but is he better than Mack Wilson or Taki Taki for the rest of this season? (Even at half speed....)

    True... Wilson and Taki are lifetime special teamers

  • @nickers said:

    NO!... His best days are behind him...

    Ya, but is he better than Mack Wilson or Taki Taki for the rest of this season? (Even at half speed....)

    @hx214 said:

    is he better than Mack Wilson or Taki Taki

    Collins is definitely better at ignoring coaches, intentionally doing something other than his assignment, and being unfocused.  If he had talent he wouldn't have been cut by the 0-3 Lions.

    Collins may very well even today hit better combine measurables while wearing shorts, but both Wilson and Taki are better football players.  Whether intentionally or not, Collins has zero communication skills and is too pigheaded to have the humility to take direction.  It's a stupid position on his part because his chosen profession requires him to be willing [aka "bought in"] to be just one of several people acting in unison.

    This was exactly the way Collins played when he was a Brown a few years ago, and even a short conversation with current coaches or players would show he hasn't changed.

    This may be a life lesson for you and others as well --- There is no such "Skill" in any profession that allows a person to never communicate with others.

  • Jamie Collins??   Really??  He makes a great commentator.  Especially when he wears the orange tie.  I certainly don't want him as a player anymore.  

  • Jamie Collins??   Really??  He makes a great commentator.  Especially when he wears the orange tie.  I certainly don't want him as a player anymore.  

    @orion said:

    Jamie Collins??   Really??  He makes a great commentator.  Especially when he wears the orange tie.  I certainly don't want him as a player anymore.  

    Regarding Collins? Just NO!!! If the Lions cut him, after garnering zero interest in a trade- (not even worth a 2023 seventh round pick to any team in the NFL) that's all you need to know....  

  • Now if we were talking Kerry I'd be in. 

  • Now if we were talking Kerry I'd be in. 

    @d-bone said:

    Now if we were talking Kerry I'd be in. 

    Or Gary...

  • Zombo said:

    No ... The guy is not 100% committed, wouldn't fit on this team.

    Z

    This dude is lazy bum unless Bill is threatening to fuck his moms corpse (I'm trying to be sensitive here). We seen this tape before 

  • @orion said:

    Jamie Collins??   Really??  He makes a great commentator.  Especially when he wears the orange tie.  I certainly don't want him as a player anymore.  

    Regarding Collins? Just NO!!! If the Lions cut him, after garnering zero interest in a trade- (not even worth a 2023 seventh round pick to any team in the NFL) that's all you need to know....  

    @hoorta said:

    Regarding Collins? Just NO!!! If the Lions cut him, after garnering zero interest in a trade- (not even worth a 2023 seventh round pick to any team in the NFL) that's all you need to know....  

    If I'm reading this right as I'm not a capologist, they took a 8 million dead cap hit to tell him to fuck off

  • @hoorta said:

    Regarding Collins? Just NO!!! If the Lions cut him, after garnering zero interest in a trade- (not even worth a 2023 seventh round pick to any team in the NFL) that's all you need to know....  

    If I'm reading this right as I'm not a capologist, they took a 8 million dead cap hit to tell him to fuck off

    @warriorsrpussies said:

    If I'm reading this right as I'm not a capologist, they took a 8 million dead cap hit to tell him to fuck off

    Lions have 57M+ dead on 2021 cap, featuring 19M for Stafford.

    Jamie Collins not being on the team represents a 13.67M total dead charge spread over 2021 and 2022.. insane

    Overthecap - look at the "Earnings By Team" section, the "Paid as dead money" column is quoted.  

    Total cap charge is 20M for his lions contract from 2020-2022, 6.33 was his 2020 cost, the rest is dead. Note at the bottom of his page, the "dead money history" cap charges for 2021 and 2022 add to 13.67. 

    Ignore the cash paid entries.. I really don't know why any site attempts to track that.  I also don't know why OTC shows only 5.53 dead for 2021 for Collins on the team salary page.. should include the 1.8 as well for a total of 7.33.  My guess is that we'll have to remember moving forward that OTC doesn't include bonuses when they do calculations for dead$$ -- have to click through to the player's contract to verify.

  • @hx214 said:

    is he better than Mack Wilson or Taki Taki

    Collins is definitely better at ignoring coaches, intentionally doing something other than his assignment, and being unfocused.  If he had talent he wouldn't have been cut by the 0-3 Lions.

    Collins may very well even today hit better combine measurables while wearing shorts, but both Wilson and Taki are better football players.  Whether intentionally or not, Collins has zero communication skills and is too pigheaded to have the humility to take direction.  It's a stupid position on his part because his chosen profession requires him to be willing [aka "bought in"] to be just one of several people acting in unison.

    This was exactly the way Collins played when he was a Brown a few years ago, and even a short conversation with current coaches or players would show he hasn't changed.

    This may be a life lesson for you and others as well --- There is no such "Skill" in any profession that allows a person to never communicate with others.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Collins is definitely better at ignoring coaches, intentionally doing something other than his assignment, and being unfocused.  If he had talent he wouldn't have been cut by the 0-3 Lions.

    Collins may very well even today hit better combine measurables while wearing shorts, but both Wilson and Taki are better football players.  Whether intentionally or not, Collins has zero communication skills and is too pigheaded to have the humility to take direction.  It's a stupid position on his part because his chosen profession requires him to be willing [aka "bought in"] to be just one of several people acting in unison.

    This was exactly the way Collins played when he was a Brown a few years ago, and even a short conversation with current coaches or players would show he hasn't changed.

    This may be a life lesson for you and others as well --- There is no such "Skill" in any profession that allows a person to never communicate with others.

    Exactly. Guys like him plague teams wanting to win.

  • Now if we were talking Kerry I'd be in. 

    @d-bone said:

    Now if we were talking Kerry I'd be in. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Or Gary...

    Or Tom. ?

    220px-Tom_Collins.jpg

     
  • or vodka?

    Just what I was looking for... another Jamie Collins argument .Yes, he's long in the tooth for an OLB, but I'd take him in a heartbeat.That said we all know our FO does not value LBs so that ends that.

    As for lazy... he led us in tackles in our 0-fer season. Any idea how hard it is to put out all season with out sniffing a win? A: real effin hard...

  • @warriorsrpussies said:

    If I'm reading this right as I'm not a capologist, they took a 8 million dead cap hit to tell him to fuck off

    Lions have 57M+ dead on 2021 cap, featuring 19M for Stafford.

    Jamie Collins not being on the team represents a 13.67M total dead charge spread over 2021 and 2022.. insane

    Overthecap - look at the "Earnings By Team" section, the "Paid as dead money" column is quoted.  

    Total cap charge is 20M for his lions contract from 2020-2022, 6.33 was his 2020 cost, the rest is dead. Note at the bottom of his page, the "dead money history" cap charges for 2021 and 2022 add to 13.67. 

    Ignore the cash paid entries.. I really don't know why any site attempts to track that.  I also don't know why OTC shows only 5.53 dead for 2021 for Collins on the team salary page.. should include the 1.8 as well for a total of 7.33.  My guess is that we'll have to remember moving forward that OTC doesn't include bonuses when they do calculations for dead$$ -- have to click through to the player's contract to verify.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Lions have 57M+ dead on 2021 cap, featuring 19M for Stafford.

    Jamie Collins not being on the team represents a 13.67M total dead charge spread over 2021 and 2022.. insane

    Overthecap - look at the "Earnings By Team" section, the "Paid as dead money" column is quoted.  

    Total cap charge is 20M for his lions contract from 2020-2022, 6.33 was his 2020 cost, the rest is dead. Note at the bottom of his page, the "dead money history" cap charges for 2021 and 2022 add to 13.67. 

    Ignore the cash paid entries.. I really don't know why any site attempts to track that.  I also don't know why OTC shows only 5.53 dead for 2021 for Collins on the team salary page.. should include the 1.8 as well for a total of 7.33.  My guess is that we'll have to remember moving forward that OTC doesn't include bonuses when they do calculations for dead$$ -- have to click through to the player's contract to verify.

    Wow! I was off. Wish I could get paid even 1 percent of that to not come into work.