★ NFL WEEK 4 ★. News and notes, and Cleveland -2 at Minnesota. On CBS at 1 pm EDT.
-
I hope Greg Joseph has a bad day. Good luck to him later......
-
-
Jiggins, you're take on the game makes sense, but won't agree on Baker blowing the Chiefs game.
Winning on the road is tough, let's see if the Browns get it done. @Minn, @Chargers. Two toughies before 3 home toughies.
Jiggins, you're take on the game makes sense, but won't agree on Baker blowing the Chiefs game.
Winning on the road is tough, let's see if the Browns get it done. @Minn, @Chargers. Two toughies before 3 home toughies.
You're right, that's a bit harsh. How about, we've had back to back chances to beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead with last minute drives and we failed both times.
It's interesting, I just saw a collection of analyst's picks, and 11 out of 12 picked the Browns to win. I honestly don't believe people outside of Browns fandom understand how valuable Jarvis Landry is to the team. You want proof? Check out going 0-2 on 4th down in 1st half. Who do we LOVE using on 4th and short? Landry. Catching, running, heck...THROWING. Landry is our gadget dude with reliable hands.
With Landry and Newsome healthy, I'm picking the Browns. Unfortunately, I don't trust Greedy against a red hot passing attack, and I also don't trust Joe Woods just yet. It's funny, I watched film breakdown videos from Bears point of view and they showed 5-6 potential HUGE plays that Fields didn't see. Easy plays, too.
Again, to be fair, it's VERY easy to play armchair QB and EVERY offense misses opportunities each week, BUT I'm talking about Fields missing the RB out of the backfield with nobody on him with miles of grass around him. Receivers streaking down the field open for a td in a 3-3 game. Yes, we were ultra aggressive and wanted to force Fields to beat us deep, but man...there were some easy scores left out there.
I'm not sure how good we are yet. I guess nobody does, but I can tell you OBJ makes us a different team. If we keep him on the field, I love our offense and our ability to score the ball. We CAN definitely win this game, and nothing would make me happier, but it's going to be a war.
-
-
I’m going to glass half full guy and give a few reasons to show a little more confidence…
I’m sure you guys remember Michael Pierce ex Raven. He’s a Viking now and it looks like a game time decision he’s hurt so he can’t go or he can’t be 100% big bonus to us in an already suspect area for the Minnesota.
I think Baker is dinged up too. But I saw him take his first real pass rush of the year. The Falcons, Chiefs and Texans couldn’t disrupt him. His feet were a mess a few throws he didn’t really step and throw- so naturally ball sails high and wide. I don’t think we face another team with dudes up front like the Bears in this matchup.We hold two key advantages IMO. Our Front 7 against their Line and Backs. Does a rookie seeing his first time EVER in the NFL hold up against Myles? If this game is truly almost a “pick’em” type game. I’ll take the team with Myles Garrett against a newly minted rookie. Keep in mind this is unit that at best is solid and at times this year like the Bengals game look overwhelmed.
Our Backs and line against their front 7. Okay Wills is hobbled and at times we looked shaky (against the Bears front by the way) we came through when it mattered. This game represents an easier challenge and we have the best back tandem in the league and when we go playaction with some of our other toys like OBJ, DPJ, four TEs and Felton that will see action against two corners that haven’t played including Breeland who has graded out as the WORST corner thus far in three games. I expect Safety help on OBJ side just as the Bears did. So you better believe it is a huge advantage having OBJ out there.
Crowd noise…we handled the crowd noise at KC okay right? And that’s the standard?
Easy game? by no means would I call it such.
-
-
I’m going to glass half full guy and give a few reasons to show a little more confidence…
I’m sure you guys remember Michael Pierce ex Raven. He’s a Viking now and it looks like a game time decision he’s hurt so he can’t go or he can’t be 100% big bonus to us in an already suspect area for the Minnesota.
I think Baker is dinged up too. But I saw him take his first real pass rush of the year. The Falcons, Chiefs and Texans couldn’t disrupt him. His feet were a mess a few throws he didn’t really step and throw- so naturally ball sails high and wide. I don’t think we face another team with dudes up front like the Bears in this matchup.We hold two key advantages IMO. Our Front 7 against their Line and Backs. Does a rookie seeing his first time EVER in the NFL hold up against Myles? If this game is truly almost a “pick’em” type game. I’ll take the team with Myles Garrett against a newly minted rookie. Keep in mind this is unit that at best is solid and at times this year like the Bengals game look overwhelmed.
Our Backs and line against their front 7. Okay Wills is hobbled and at times we looked shaky (against the Bears front by the way) we came through when it mattered. This game represents an easier challenge and we have the best back tandem in the league and when we go playaction with some of our other toys like OBJ, DPJ, four TEs and Felton that will see action against two corners that haven’t played including Breeland who has graded out as the WORST corner thus far in three games. I expect Safety help on OBJ side just as the Bears did. So you better believe it is a huge advantage having OBJ out there.
Crowd noise…we handled the crowd noise at KC okay right? And that’s the standard?
Easy game? by no means would I call it such.
Crowd noise…we handled the crowd noise at KC okay right? And that’s the standard?
We did really well, especially early. I do not like how we collapsed late, though. But you're right...we did handle it. I love someone's earlier snipit about being patient and wearing them down. It's going to be THAT kind of game.
But you're right SD Backer, there's definitely cause for optimism. I mean, we're a good freaking team. That's what makes that Chiefs game so painful. 3-1 is so much better than 2-2 with the teeth of the schedule coming up. But you know what? Maybe I'm not giving us enough credit, even without Newsome and Landry. We have a boatload of weapons and the best RBs in the league. We have Myles Garrett and Clowney. JOK is going bananas.
Man, this could be the game of the week, for sure. Great storyline, big offense, in a dome, and two teams about to let it rip. If you have OBJ in fantasy, be sure to start him. He could have a game similar to the Cowboys game last year.
LFG!
-
The misdirection that MIN uses has been JOK's weakness at NoD and in the first couple games of the season. I'm certain if he is starting that the Vikings coaching staff will be targeting him like that. Zimmer and co. are better than what Nagy and his staff handed to Justin Fields.
-
I’m going to glass half full guy and give a few reasons to show a little more confidence…
I’m sure you guys remember Michael Pierce ex Raven. He’s a Viking now and it looks like a game time decision he’s hurt so he can’t go or he can’t be 100% big bonus to us in an already suspect area for the Minnesota.
I think Baker is dinged up too. But I saw him take his first real pass rush of the year. The Falcons, Chiefs and Texans couldn’t disrupt him. His feet were a mess a few throws he didn’t really step and throw- so naturally ball sails high and wide. I don’t think we face another team with dudes up front like the Bears in this matchup.We hold two key advantages IMO. Our Front 7 against their Line and Backs. Does a rookie seeing his first time EVER in the NFL hold up against Myles? If this game is truly almost a “pick’em” type game. I’ll take the team with Myles Garrett against a newly minted rookie. Keep in mind this is unit that at best is solid and at times this year like the Bengals game look overwhelmed.
Our Backs and line against their front 7. Okay Wills is hobbled and at times we looked shaky (against the Bears front by the way) we came through when it mattered. This game represents an easier challenge and we have the best back tandem in the league and when we go playaction with some of our other toys like OBJ, DPJ, four TEs and Felton that will see action against two corners that haven’t played including Breeland who has graded out as the WORST corner thus far in three games. I expect Safety help on OBJ side just as the Bears did. So you better believe it is a huge advantage having OBJ out there.
Crowd noise…we handled the crowd noise at KC okay right? And that’s the standard?
Easy game? by no means would I call it such.
We hold two key advantages IMO. Our Front 7 against their Line and Backs. Does a rookie seeing his first time EVER in the NFL hold up against Myles? If this game is truly almost a “pick’em” type game. I’ll take the team with Myles Garrett against a newly minted rookie. Keep in mind this is unit that at best is solid and at times this year like the Bengals game look overwhelmed.
Our Backs and line against their front 7. Okay Wills is hobbled and at times we looked shaky (against the Bears front by the way) we came through when it mattered. This game represents an easier challenge and we have the best back tandem in the league and when we go playaction with some of our other toys like OBJ, DPJ, four TEs and Felton that will see action against two corners that haven’t played including Breeland who has graded out as the WORST corner thus far in three games. I expect Safety help on OBJ side just as the Bears did. So you better believe it is a huge advantage having OBJ out there.
My same thoughts right here^^ most the week..in a wider nutshell? I can't see Breeland covering the speed of Scwhartz, if Peterson chases OBJ for the day..Schwartz underneath drag routes should be in the game plan too.. Felton receiving is another game bonus in the passing game
The media worry of Greedy replacing Newsome? Troy Hill has no issue playing outside corner.. ? Greedy & AJ Green are not the slowest slot corners..
Our good OL just needs to stalemate a good Vikings front 7... I can't say that, or seen that in the Vikings OL play this season...Cousins is just getting the ball out so quick to balance their play.. Get a tip pick or jump a route? That dome will get quiet..
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
