Skip to content

You do not take points off the board!

The Browns Board
11 7 622
  • N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #1

    PERIOD! After they made the extra point, they accepted the penalty and went for the two point conversion. They took a guaranteed point off the board, the one that tied it, and went for a 50/50 chance of either winning or losing by 1 point. Decision making today was absolutely abysmal ??? Not challenging Baker being short of the first on 4th is abysmal. Seems like Browns reverted back to the old Browns today trying anything to hand the game over to Minnesota. The defense is what bailed them out today.

  • dustyD dusty wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I liked the call to go for 2 pts. I'd rather see them play to win than play it safe.

  • I liked the call to go for 2 pts. I'd rather see them play to win than play it safe.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @dusty said:

    I liked the call to go for 2 pts. I'd rather see them play to win than play it safe.

    I agree - the Vikings went for it on fourth down a few times when I figured they were punting.

    Both teams have offenses that can move the ball, and terrific defenses. Playing it safe isn't

    the answer I think.

  • N Neo

    PERIOD! After they made the extra point, they accepted the penalty and went for the two point conversion. They took a guaranteed point off the board, the one that tied it, and went for a 50/50 chance of either winning or losing by 1 point. Decision making today was absolutely abysmal ??? Not challenging Baker being short of the first on 4th is abysmal. Seems like Browns reverted back to the old Browns today trying anything to hand the game over to Minnesota. The defense is what bailed them out today.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #4

    @neo said:

    PERIOD! After they made the extra point, they accepted the penalty and went for the two point conversion. They took a guaranteed point off the board, the one that tied it, and went for a 50/50 chance of either winning or losing by 1 point. Decision making today was absolutely abysmal ??? Not challenging Baker being short of the first on 4th is abysmal. Seems like Browns reverted back to the old Browns today trying anything to hand the game over to Minnesota. The defense is what bailed them out today.

    Yes and No.  Yes you don’t take the point off the board but You have Chubb or Hunt running behind Bitonio/Tretter/Teller at the 1 yard line for an extra point.  They are going do it 90% of the time this year 

  • @neo said:

    PERIOD! After they made the extra point, they accepted the penalty and went for the two point conversion. They took a guaranteed point off the board, the one that tied it, and went for a 50/50 chance of either winning or losing by 1 point. Decision making today was absolutely abysmal ??? Not challenging Baker being short of the first on 4th is abysmal. Seems like Browns reverted back to the old Browns today trying anything to hand the game over to Minnesota. The defense is what bailed them out today.

    Yes and No.  Yes you don’t take the point off the board but You have Chubb or Hunt running behind Bitonio/Tretter/Teller at the 1 yard line for an extra point.  They are going do it 90% of the time this year 

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Yes and No.  Yes you don’t take the point off the board but You have Chubb or Hunt running behind Bitonio/Tretter/Teller at the 1 yard line for an extra point.  They are going do it 90% of the time this year 

    Absolutely agree.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #6

    The 4th and 4 on the first drive, on the other hand, was ridiculous. 

    Today was not Stef's best game as head coach. 

  • I liked the call to go for 2 pts. I'd rather see them play to win than play it safe.

    N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @dusty said:

    I liked the call to go for 2 pts. I'd rather see them play to win than play it safe.

    How would you feel if they missed the conversation and lost by a point? Because nothing told me that points were going to be easy to come by in this one. 

  • @neo said:

    PERIOD! After they made the extra point, they accepted the penalty and went for the two point conversion. They took a guaranteed point off the board, the one that tied it, and went for a 50/50 chance of either winning or losing by 1 point. Decision making today was absolutely abysmal ??? Not challenging Baker being short of the first on 4th is abysmal. Seems like Browns reverted back to the old Browns today trying anything to hand the game over to Minnesota. The defense is what bailed them out today.

    Yes and No.  Yes you don’t take the point off the board but You have Chubb or Hunt running behind Bitonio/Tretter/Teller at the 1 yard line for an extra point.  They are going do it 90% of the time this year 

    N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Yes and No.  Yes you don’t take the point off the board but You have Chubb or Hunt running behind Bitonio/Tretter/Teller at the 1 yard line for an extra point.  They are going do it 90% of the time this year 

    I agree about Chubb and Hunt, so why have Baker throwing incomplete passes on the goal line? A lot of very questionable calls in this game. This may hold up in the regular season but I would fire someone if that shit happened in a playoff game. 

  • N Neo

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Yes and No.  Yes you don’t take the point off the board but You have Chubb or Hunt running behind Bitonio/Tretter/Teller at the 1 yard line for an extra point.  They are going do it 90% of the time this year 

    I agree about Chubb and Hunt, so why have Baker throwing incomplete passes on the goal line? A lot of very questionable calls in this game. This may hold up in the regular season but I would fire someone if that shit happened in a playoff game. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #9

    @neo said:

    I agree about Chubb and Hunt, so why have Baker throwing incomplete passes on the goal line? A lot of very questionable calls in this game. This may hold up in the regular season but I would fire someone if that shit happened in a playoff game. 

    Terrible calls at the goalline.  I think stefanski got into his own head a little today trying to out scheme his old boss thinking his old boss knew his tendencies.  

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Looked like the result of paying too much attention to self-scouting.. so Stef was pulling a George Costanza - "If I feel like I normally do something, I do the opposite"..

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #11

    I agree that Stef seemed to be making a few ego calls rather than making sound football decisions.