The Offensive Line
-
I’m hitting a paywall with this.
-
I'd like to see the Browns add some young OLinemen in the upcoming offseason, especially if you consider the ages, contract statuses and salaries of Tretter, Bitonio, and Conklin.
-
This again? ?
JC Tretter has not missed a NFL start in 5 years with tBrowns (68 of 68 games)... They'd have to remove a knee before he misses a game..(search GB) He will be on the injury report tomarrow & until he retires ? don't sweat it... ? (Sunday will be Tretter's 100th career game)
Sweat who play's LT ?.. And Bosa will take a swing at both// (Garrett/Clowney ain't a bad moving practice bag)
both Dunn & Hance play back-up Center... a true coaches decision... & Callahan's :- ) (sign Teller & find a Center... Harris ain't it)
Bill Callahan pressers, speaks large of Coach Peters.. https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/how-scott-peters-has-used-his-deep-mma-knowledge-to-help-make-the-browns-o-line-
-
This again? ?
JC Tretter has not missed a NFL start in 5 years with tBrowns (68 of 68 games)... They'd have to remove a knee before he misses a game..(search GB) He will be on the injury report tomarrow & until he retires ? don't sweat it... ? (Sunday will be Tretter's 100th career game)
Sweat who play's LT ?.. And Bosa will take a swing at both// (Garrett/Clowney ain't a bad moving practice bag)
both Dunn & Hance play back-up Center... a true coaches decision... & Callahan's :- ) (sign Teller & find a Center... Harris ain't it)
Bill Callahan pressers, speaks large of Coach Peters.. https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/how-scott-peters-has-used-his-deep-mma-knowledge-to-help-make-the-browns-o-line-
(sign Teller & find a Center... Harris ain't it)
He doesn't appear to be. He's small and regularly hurt.
...Tretter is a trooper. He played hurt last year. What did he have? High ankle? Anyhow, he wasn't as good as he was when healthy. Our OL was banged up bad last year, with Baker introducing himself to a starting lineman the day before the game. And Conklin was gimpy for a while. It just seems that we're headed towards that slippery slope. And I'm afraid of the current state of our backup talent right now.
I'd like to see the Browns add some young OLinemen in the upcoming offseason, especially if you consider the ages, contract statuses and salaries
Yup. Gotta keep churning the backups until you have guys talented enough to take over a spot, for good, if need be.
-
the truth is the Oline hasnt played well this year especially in pass pro. last year the browns gave up 26 sacks for the season. This year they are on pace to give up 50+ sacks for the season.
-
Dunn and Hance played some center in preseason. I honestly might be more confidant with one of them over Harris anyway, although l’m not sure they’ll be as agile as either Tretter or Harris. Stef seems to like a center who can pull.
Dunn and Hance played some center in preseason. I honestly might be more confidant with one of them over Harris anyway, although l’m not sure they’ll be as agile as either Tretter or Harris. Stef seems to like a center who can pull.
I agree. I don't think Harris is the answer to anything. I just don't think he is big enough.
-
When you only score 14 then you can expect poor grades all across the offense. Only surprise is Bitonio though we have come to count on that from him every week.
-
LT playing hurt, Center doesn’t practice all week, lack of a vertical passing threat lately and everyone knows about our intentions to run the ball. Yet we do it well and we’ve given the QB solid protection to scan the field and throw errant passes way down the field.
Maybe if we replace Mayfield with Tribusky the line will block better
-
Dunn and Hance played some center in preseason. I honestly might be more confidant with one of them over Harris anyway, although l’m not sure they’ll be as agile as either Tretter or Harris. Stef seems to like a center who can pull.
I agree. I don't think Harris is the answer to anything. I just don't think he is big enough.
I agree. I don't think Harris is the answer to anything. I just don't think he is big enough.
Harris went to IR. Browns add an OG.
https://www.brownsnation.com/browns-add-guard-hjalte-froholdt-move-nick-harris-to-ir/
-
Anybody watch OBR's study of the OL and DL last night?
-
The G signed replacing Harris is Hjalte Froholdt from Texans PS. He did pretty well in 2020 in his 61 snaps; none in 2021 so far. Not making Texans bench isn't a great sign.
Depth at present is Hudson, Dunn, Hance, Froholdt. Also those 3 UDFA's are being looked at.
Drew Forbes had a serious knee injury and is also on IR.. unless injury settlement results in him returning in 2022 we've seen the last of him bc he was 2019 6th round and thus this was his final yr on the rookie contract.
-
Let's see.....Wyatt Teller played a little tackle in college.....lol
-
the word from a wise man...
Known as one of the loudest sideline coaches on our staff..That's my kind of coach, loving his job...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login