Skip to content

The Urban Meyer Situation

The Browns Board
42 21 1.4k 1
  • @tiamat63 said:

    If the titans play like they did last week, and without Julio or Brown, Jags might get their first dub.

    ...and if the Titans lambaste them, might Jacksonville take the opportunity to fire, Meyer?  (has a certain, ring, to it)

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @orion said:

    ...and if the Titans lambaste them, might Jacksonville take the opportunity to fire, Meyer?  (has a certain, ring, to it)

    I'm not gonna sit here and roast Urban Meyer...  Because I'm not clear about what all he was or was not involved in (and don't care) .. From a coaching standpoint though.. One can definitely make the case he's failing miserably at the NFL level... But as we all know... There's two sides to every coin...

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Zombo said:

    Is that the coach that beat his wife and Meyer did nothing about it, even though he had full knowledge?

    Always smells like sewage around Urban.

    Z

    Wasn't too hard to find the video Z.  MHO is excessive alcohol can get you into situations you're going to regret later. 

    That said- on the college level, the big buck alumni really don't care how big a sleazeball you are- just keep those National Championships coming.  

  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by
    #24

    "They kept trying to drag me out to the dance floor"

    Sir, you were sitting at a bar stool, getting a lapdance. 

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #25

    IMG_20211007_062105.jpg

  • @tiamat63 said:

    If the titans play like they did last week, and without Julio or Brown, Jags might get their first dub.

    ...and if the Titans lambaste them, might Jacksonville take the opportunity to fire, Meyer?  (has a certain, ring, to it)

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @orion said:

    ...and if the Titans lambaste them, might Jacksonville take the opportunity to fire, Meyer?  (has a certain, ring, to it)

    Now unlikely, later or after the season quite possible especially if he really loses control of the players.

    Who knows they might think that he is a really cool guy.   😆

  • @orion said:

    ...and if the Titans lambaste them, might Jacksonville take the opportunity to fire, Meyer?  (has a certain, ring, to it)

    Now unlikely, later or after the season quite possible especially if he really loses control of the players.

    Who knows they might think that he is a really cool guy.   😆

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @mjp28 said:

    Who knows they might think that he is a really cool guy.   😆

    ...truer words are spoken in jest.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #28

    I'm late to all this but is he really being vilified for grabbing a womans arse who was dancing with him?

    What's the big deal ffs

  • I'm late to all this but is he really being vilified for grabbing a womans arse who was dancing with him?

    What's the big deal ffs

    VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by VaporTrail
    #29

    @londonbrown said:

    I'm late to all this but is he really being vilified for grabbing a womans arse who was dancing with him?

    What's the big deal ffs

    No one cares if you do this the weekend after winning a national championship for the Buckeyes. 

    Hell, skipping the plane ride home to stay with your family might even be forgiven.

    But when you are the owner of a failing NFL team, and you give someone a contract with $55 million guaranteed to fix that shit, and he cancels a Monday team meeting. And then you see that he wasn't at home with his family, or prepping the team to win next week, but instead getting a lapdance from a whooore. I can understand why you might give that coach notice.

    Same goes for the players. Remember when Terrance West was on the Browns and showed that he was about to have a 3way on social media? If Nick Chubb did that right now, no one would give a fuck. It's just a bad look when your team is losing.

  • @londonbrown said:

    I'm late to all this but is he really being vilified for grabbing a womans arse who was dancing with him?

    What's the big deal ffs

    No one cares if you do this the weekend after winning a national championship for the Buckeyes. 

    Hell, skipping the plane ride home to stay with your family might even be forgiven.

    But when you are the owner of a failing NFL team, and you give someone a contract with $55 million guaranteed to fix that shit, and he cancels a Monday team meeting. And then you see that he wasn't at home with his family, or prepping the team to win next week, but instead getting a lapdance from a whooore. I can understand why you might give that coach notice.

    Same goes for the players. Remember when Terrance West was on the Browns and showed that he was about to have a 3way on social media? If Nick Chubb did that right now, no one would give a fuck. It's just a bad look when your team is losing.

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @vaportrail said:

    No one cares if you do this the weekend after winning a national championship for the Buckeyes. 

    Hell, skipping the plane ride home to stay with your family might even be forgiven.

    But when you are the owner of a failing NFL team, and you give someone a contract with $55 million guaranteed to fix that shit, and he cancels a Monday team meeting. And then you see that he wasn't at home with his family, or prepping the team to win next week, but instead getting a lapdance from a whooore. I can understand why you might give that coach notice.

    Same goes for the players. Remember when Terrance West was on the Browns and showed that he was about to have a 3way on social media? If Nick Chubb did that right now, no one would give a fuck. It's just a bad look when your team is losing.

    Ah I get you it's more the timing than the act itself, I get that a lot more, not a good look.

    I would need to see the woman before I totally make my mind up though ?

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Zombo said it best. Suspending a Monday meeting after a THURSDAY GAME is quite a lousy job as a 0-4 team's HC. Doing it for the wrong reasons is even worse. 

    In Pat McAffee's show they said he excused himself, then when asked who was the girl he said "she was only a girl etc, let's get to work etc." Once the door was closed behind him, rhe players erupted in a laughter. As a HC you  must lead with discipline. He might have lost his locker room and that's quite a deal. 

  • Zombo said it best. Suspending a Monday meeting after a THURSDAY GAME is quite a lousy job as a 0-4 team's HC. Doing it for the wrong reasons is even worse. 

    In Pat McAffee's show they said he excused himself, then when asked who was the girl he said "she was only a girl etc, let's get to work etc." Once the door was closed behind him, rhe players erupted in a laughter. As a HC you  must lead with discipline. He might have lost his locker room and that's quite a deal. 

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @nero said:

    Zombo said it best. Suspending a Monday meeting after a THURSDAY GAME is quite a lousy job as a 0-4 team's HC. Doing it for the wrong reasons is even worse. 

    In Pat McAffee's show they said he excused himself, then when asked who was the girl he said "she was only a girl etc, let's get to work etc." Once the door was closed behind him, rhe players erupted in a laughter. As a HC you  must lead with discipline. He might have lost his locker room and that's quite a deal. 

    There's a viral video going around where the players broke down the practice with a "1 2 3 GRIND" right in front of Urban. It's been pretty confirmed that was intentional, and not meant as a joke. As I was saying earlier, no one in that locker room is going to take him seriously especially vets. If he didn't hold himself accountable in such a dumb way, ain't no way you can yell at a veteran for being late. Outside of winning and FAST I don't see how this isn't a one and done experiment.

  • @nero said:

    Zombo said it best. Suspending a Monday meeting after a THURSDAY GAME is quite a lousy job as a 0-4 team's HC. Doing it for the wrong reasons is even worse. 

    In Pat McAffee's show they said he excused himself, then when asked who was the girl he said "she was only a girl etc, let's get to work etc." Once the door was closed behind him, rhe players erupted in a laughter. As a HC you  must lead with discipline. He might have lost his locker room and that's quite a deal. 

    There's a viral video going around where the players broke down the practice with a "1 2 3 GRIND" right in front of Urban. It's been pretty confirmed that was intentional, and not meant as a joke. As I was saying earlier, no one in that locker room is going to take him seriously especially vets. If he didn't hold himself accountable in such a dumb way, ain't no way you can yell at a veteran for being late. Outside of winning and FAST I don't see how this isn't a one and done experiment.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @jrb12711 said:

    There's a viral video going around where the players broke down the practice with a "1 2 3 GRIND" right in front of Urban. It's been pretty confirmed that was intentional, and not meant as a joke. As I was saying earlier, no one in that locker room is going to take him seriously especially vets. If he didn't hold himself accountable in such a dumb way, ain't no way you can yell at a veteran for being late. Outside of winning and FAST I don't see how this isn't a one and done experiment.

    Seems to be true.  We'll see how this whole thing plays out.

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #34

    And 4-0 this isn’t a story…0-4 it is.

  • I'm late to all this but is he really being vilified for grabbing a womans arse who was dancing with him?

    What's the big deal ffs

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @londonbrown said:

    I'm late to all this but is he really being vilified for grabbing a womans arse who was dancing with him?

    What's the big deal ffs

    LOl....I might agree because it's really none of my business.  Unfortunately there are a lot of women and guys who wear skinny pants who do.

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by ATOM
    #36

    jags fighting tough today for urb (saying we all been there coach)   bbbwwaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    side note : bet they go 2-15

  • @vaportrail said:

    No one cares if you do this the weekend after winning a national championship for the Buckeyes. 

    Hell, skipping the plane ride home to stay with your family might even be forgiven.

    But when you are the owner of a failing NFL team, and you give someone a contract with $55 million guaranteed to fix that shit, and he cancels a Monday team meeting. And then you see that he wasn't at home with his family, or prepping the team to win next week, but instead getting a lapdance from a whooore. I can understand why you might give that coach notice.

    Same goes for the players. Remember when Terrance West was on the Browns and showed that he was about to have a 3way on social media? If Nick Chubb did that right now, no one would give a fuck. It's just a bad look when your team is losing.

    Ah I get you it's more the timing than the act itself, I get that a lot more, not a good look.

    I would need to see the woman before I totally make my mind up though ?

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @londonbrown said:

    Ah I get you it's more the timing than the act itself, I get that a lot more, not a good look.

    I would need to see the woman before I totally make my mind up though ?

    Urban's history doesn't help his case either

  • @londonbrown said:

    Ah I get you it's more the timing than the act itself, I get that a lot more, not a good look.

    I would need to see the woman before I totally make my mind up though ?

    Urban's history doesn't help his case either

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @mld-woody said:

    Urban's history doesn't help his case either

    Head coaches who get their asses handed to them by their rival don't get coeds throwing themselves at them, so I'm guessing Harbaugh won't have a story like this coming out. ?

  • @mld-woody said:

    Urban's history doesn't help his case either

    Head coaches who get their asses handed to them by their rival don't get coeds throwing themselves at them, so I'm guessing Harbaugh won't have a story like this coming out. ?

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @dutch-oven said:

    Head coaches who get their asses handed to them by their rival don't get coeds throwing themselves at them, so I'm guessing Harbaugh won't have a story like this coming out. ?

    Right.... Harbaugh won't cheat on his wife, get caught, and then say his head really really hurts. 

    Good one

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #40

    I'm thorougly disappointed in Urby... He should retire...

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #41

    Zombo said:

    Not flying back with the team showed arrogance, cluelessness and lack of committment.

    Ding Ding Fucking Ding... totally tone deaf...

    Stayed overnite to spend time with relatives in Columbus... I'm half waiting for the revelation that the "lap-dancer" was his "niece".