Skip to content

★ NFL WEEK 6 ★  News and notes,  Arizona +2.5 in Cleveland ....... And it's CLE -3' on TNF !

The Browns Board
33 9 1.9k
  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I like the sound of having Newsome, Ward, and Greedy. They're all playing barring setback. 

    The Sore neck healed quickly 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @sdbacker80 said:

    The Sore neck healed quickly 

    The uncanny world ? of sports medicine.     😮

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    The Sore neck healed quickly 

    The uncanny world ? of sports medicine.     😮

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #22

    @mjp28 said:

    The uncanny world ? of sports medicine.     😮

    Jeff Schudel

     
    The #Browns have designated Jarvis Landry to return from injured reserve. Landry can practice today and play against the Cardinals on Sunday after missing three games with a knee injury. It will be the first game Landry and Beckham are together since Game 6 last season.
    10:15 AM · Oct 15, 2021
    Jeff Schudel@jsproinsider
    The #Browns have designated Jarvis Landry to return from injured reserve. Landry can practice today and play against the Cardinals on Sunday after missing three games with a knee injury. It will be the first game Landry and Beckham are together since Game 6 last season.
     
     

     
    Happy Friday !  Let's Go #80
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    From the NFL injury report,  Friday 5:30 pm.........

    Cardinals
    Player Position Injuries Practice Status Game Status
    Kyler Murray QB   Limited Participation in Practice  
    Chase Edmonds RB Shoulder Limited Participation in Practice Questionable
    Dennis Gardeck LB   Full Participation in Practice  
    DeAndre Hopkins WR   Did Not Participate In Practice  
    Kelvin Beachum T Ribs Limited Participation in Practice Questionable
    Tanner Vallejo LB Hand Did Not Participate In Practice Out
    Byron Murphy CB Ribs Limited Participation in Practice Questionable
    Jordan Hicks LB Toe Did Not Participate In Practice Questionable
    Rodney Hudson C Ribs, Shoulder Did Not Participate In Practice Out
    Darrell Daniels TE   Limited Participation in Practice  
    Corey Peters DT   Did Not Participate In Practice  
    Marco Wilson CB Ribs Limited Participation in Practice Questionable
     
    Browns
    Player Position Injuries Practice Status Game Status
    Malcolm Smith LB Abdomen Did Not Participate In Practice Out
    Elijah Lee LB   Full Participation in Practice  
    Malik McDowell DT   Limited Participation in Practice  
    Nick Chubb RB Calf Did Not Participate In Practice Out
    Jack Conklin T Knee Did Not Participate In Practice Questionable
    Malik Jackson DT   Limited Participation in Practice  
    Greg Newsome II CB Calf Limited Participation in Practice Questionable
    Jadeveon Clowney DE Elbow, Knee Limited Participation in Practice Questionable
    Takkarist McKinley DE Ankle, Knee Limited Participation in Practice Questionable
    David Njoku TE   Limited Participation in Practice  
    A.J. Green CB Shoulder, Groin Limited Participation in Practice Questionable
    Denzel Ward CB Neck Limited Participation in Practice Questionable
    Greedy Williams CB   Limited Participation in Practice  
    Jedrick Wills T Ankle Did Not Participate In Practice Questionable
    Myles Garrett DE Knee, Ankle Limited Participation in Practice Questionable
    Kareem Hunt RB Wrist, Knee Did Not Participate In Practice Questionable
    JC Tretter C Knee Did Not Participate In Practice Questionable
  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    According to Field Yates of ESPN, Murray has been added to the Cardinals’ injury report because of a right shoulder issue. He did participate in the team’s practice, but in a limited capacity due to the issue. While Arizona did not reveal further details about the issue, Yates noted that the superstar quarterback received some medical attention during the closing stages of their Week 5 win over the San Francisco 49ers.

    Field Yates@FieldYates
    Cardinals QB Kyler Murray has been added to the team's injury report (right shoulder) and was limited in practice today.

    He was getting some attention from the team's training staff during the 4th quarter of Sunday's win over the 49ers.
  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #25
    Breaking… Cardinals head coach Kliff Kingsbury has tested positive for COVID and is out for this week’s game.
     

    BREAKING: #Cardinals HC Kliff Kingsbury, QBs coach Cam Turner and DL Zach Allen all tested positive today for COVID and are out vs #Browns on Sunday.

     
     
     
     
     
  • @mjp28 said:

    The uncanny world ? of sports medicine.     😮

    Jeff Schudel

     
    The #Browns have designated Jarvis Landry to return from injured reserve. Landry can practice today and play against the Cardinals on Sunday after missing three games with a knee injury. It will be the first game Landry and Beckham are together since Game 6 last season.
    10:15 AM · Oct 15, 2021
    Jeff Schudel@jsproinsider
    The #Browns have designated Jarvis Landry to return from injured reserve. Landry can practice today and play against the Cardinals on Sunday after missing three games with a knee injury. It will be the first game Landry and Beckham are together since Game 6 last season.
     
     

     
    Happy Friday !  Let's Go #80
    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by jiggins7919
    #26

    @gumby73 said:

    The #Browns have designated Jarvis Landry to return from injured reserve. Landry can practice today and play against the Cardinals on Sunday after missing three games with a knee injury. It will be the first game Landry and Beckham are together since Game 6 last season.

    Problem is, Jarvis doesn't generally throw it to OBJ. I'm so sick and tired of watching these film breakdowns where they illustrate play after play of Baker not getting him the effing ball. OBJ is extremely similar to Deondre Hopkins. Not quite as good, but they have similar abilities. Huge catch radius, crazy hands, etc. Now, just imagine...stay with me...imagine the Cardinals not throwing him the ball. WOULD NEVER FREAKING HAPPEN. 

    OK...take a breath...take a breath. I can't explain the OBJ thing. All I know is that it's ruining Baker Mayfield. Baker doesn't know whether to shit or get off the pot. His feet are ALL over the place, his eyes are even WORSE, and his deep ball looks like a punt from my Aunt Ethel...and she's been dead for 30 years. Here's the stat of the day:  before the Hail Mary drive against Bolts, his average depth of target was 5 yards. FIVE YARDS! In perfect weather conditions. 5 yards. Not exactly "feeling dangerous". 

    Not all hope is lost, obviously. We've seen Baker start out rather slowly before, right? As many opportunities as he missed last week, he still played a very solid game. He took care of the ball. He gave us a chance to win the game and his defense screwed him, the refs screwed him, and then they screwed him again on last drive when DPJ got ridden out of bounds. Oh, and his coach screwed him by not kicking the FG on the 4th down OBJ drop. We kick that FG and guess what? We don't need a TD, we need a FG...TO WIN. 

    We're really banged up, but for some reason I'm optimistic. I'm going with the Browns. Jarvis coming back helps, losing Nick hurts but Felton will make some plays, and Harrison Bryant is my sneaky pick to have a big game with 2 tds. I'm 4-1 on the season. 

    Browns 27

    Cards 20

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I like the sound of having Newsome, Ward, and Greedy. They're all playing barring setback. 

    The Sore neck healed quickly 

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @sdbacker80 said:

    The Sore neck healed quickly 

    I have a feeling it was a stinger. Very painful but goes away quickly. Anything with neck obviously has to be triple checked and you can't go back to the game. But he's back and desperately needed. Cardinals have 4 WRs over 200 yards. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #28

    I have to admit, I kind of thought that the Cardinals 5-0 record was kind of an aberration, but they've beaten Tennessee, Minnesota, LA Rams and SF 49ers. I wouldn't consider any of those teams to be slouches. Should be a very good challenge for the Browns. 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #29

    Well the TNF game opened at CLE -6 and now the consensus is now CLE -3.5.   I guess everyone has heard about the last game.

    Check it out.  https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=693

    GO BROWNS,  minus 3.5  yeah I can live with that.

    Screenshot_2021-10-18_164558.jpg

  • Well the TNF game opened at CLE -6 and now the consensus is now CLE -3.5.   I guess everyone has heard about the last game.

    Check it out.  https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=693

    GO BROWNS,  minus 3.5  yeah I can live with that.

    Screenshot_2021-10-18_164558.jpg

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @mjp28 said:

    Well the TNF game opened at CLE -6 and now the consensus is now CLE -3.5.   I guess everyone has heard about the last game.

    Check it out.  https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=693

    GO BROWNS,  minus 3.5  yeah I can live with that.

    Screenshot_2021-10-18_164558.jpg

    If Conklin and Chubb are out I'm playing the under.  Might even take DEN to cover or ML.  -6 is steep.  

  • @mjp28 said:

    Well the TNF game opened at CLE -6 and now the consensus is now CLE -3.5.   I guess everyone has heard about the last game.

    Check it out.  https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=693

    GO BROWNS,  minus 3.5  yeah I can live with that.

    Screenshot_2021-10-18_164558.jpg

    If Conklin and Chubb are out I'm playing the under.  Might even take DEN to cover or ML.  -6 is steep.  

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @tiamat63 said:

    If Conklin and Chubb are out I'm playing the under.  Might even take DEN to cover or ML.  -6 is steep.  

    If the above plus #6, #27 and others aren't 100% it might be a real TNF  primetime game  for the ages.

    "The BROWNS fight to stay above .500 and save their season !"      😮

  • @mjp28 said:

    Well the TNF game opened at CLE -6 and now the consensus is now CLE -3.5.   I guess everyone has heard about the last game.

    Check it out.  https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=693

    GO BROWNS,  minus 3.5  yeah I can live with that.

    Screenshot_2021-10-18_164558.jpg

    If Conklin and Chubb are out I'm playing the under.  Might even take DEN to cover or ML.  -6 is steep.  

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @tiamat63 said:

    If Conklin and Chubb are out I'm playing the under.  Might even take DEN to cover or ML.  -6 is steep.  

    The line on DraftKings is down to Cle -3

  • @tiamat63 said:

    If Conklin and Chubb are out I'm playing the under.  Might even take DEN to cover or ML.  -6 is steep.  

    The line on DraftKings is down to Cle -3

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @browns149 said:

    The line on DraftKings is down to Cle -3

    There was a lot of value in Denver at +6. I see that went away fast.    Next value would be CLE -2.5.   Aside from the O/U I won't touch it until the injury report Wednesday.