Hospital Ward?
-
Any word on his neck injury? Is it serious or just a stiff neck that knocked him out?
He is a good player but I hope to heck we don't throw a boatload of money at him in the way of a contract. If not his neck, it is something else.
I wouldn't want to see a guy like Teller walk in favor of keeping Hospital Ward around.
Any word on his neck injury? Is it serious or just a stiff neck that knocked him out?
He is a good player but I hope to heck we don't throw a boatload of money at him in the way of a contract. If not his neck, it is something else.
I wouldn't want to see a guy like Teller walk in favor of keeping Hospital Ward around.
He's a heckuva player, but is he someone you can depend upon?
-
MRI scheduled for him and Greedy Monday, so we should get some news today or tomorrow. JOK released from the hospital and has been cleared to travel.
-
I really had high hopes for Denzel Ward when i saw that he bulked up to 190 lbs coming into camp.. But seriously, I think Gregg Williams tagged Ward's NFL injury history as a true thing...
Watch the same size & 190 lbs Tre'Davious White play at the Bills ?.. also, Credit Sean McDermott & Leslie Frazier coaching tackling and hardly ever a back-end coverage blunder.. The Bills are showing why defensive secondary continuity matters... their Chiefs win was a good secondary watch..
-
When it is time to tighten the belt, I’d take two DBs at half the cost that are likely to play more than 12 games over Ward. His lack of availability crushed us this past Sunday. -
Just saw that Janovich, MJ Stewart and Chris Hubbard put on IR. I wasn’t aware Janovich was injured and l thought Hubbard was already on IR.
Corresponding moves, DE Joe Jackson gets to ride the active roster train this week along with FB Johnny Stanton, and CB Tim Harris gets elevated from the PS. T Alex Taylor signed to the PS too.
-
I'll tell you what, players now-a-days play with hardly any pads on anymore. The shoulder pads on 'skilled' players are little itty bitty things. And below the waist, virtually no pads at all. And they're extending the season. You KNOW they'll want a nice even 18 games, rather than this lopsided schedule thing they've got going on now.
Ward is out. That's bad. It's happening too often. But he's our best CB. He's a good player. Newsome was out too. Greedy Williams is gonna be 'out' soon enough. But all of the other backups at CB that we were using were also getting injured in the game. Might as well have GOOD players getting hurt than mediocre guys who are gonna get hurt too.
-
I'll tell you what, players now-a-days play with hardly any pads on anymore. The shoulder pads on 'skilled' players are little itty bitty things. And below the waist, virtually no pads at all. And they're extending the season. You KNOW they'll want a nice even 18 games, rather than this lopsided schedule thing they've got going on now.
Ward is out. That's bad. It's happening too often. But he's our best CB. He's a good player. Newsome was out too. Greedy Williams is gonna be 'out' soon enough. But all of the other backups at CB that we were using were also getting injured in the game. Might as well have GOOD players getting hurt than mediocre guys who are gonna get hurt too.
I'll tell you what, players now-a-days play with hardly any pads on anymore. The shoulder pads on 'skilled' players are little itty bitty things. And below the waist, virtually no pads at all. And they're extending the season. You KNOW they'll want a nice even 18 games, rather than this lopsided schedule thing they've got going on now.
Ward is out. That's bad. It's happening too often. But he's our best CB. He's a good player. Newsome was out too. Greedy Williams is gonna be 'out' soon enough. But all of the other backups at CB that we were using were also getting injured in the game. Might as well have GOOD players getting hurt than mediocre guys who are gonna get hurt too.
I don’t follow that logic “might as well have good players getting hurt”. If we are eventually going to pay Ward 17-20M a year into his late 20s we don’t need that cap space on the IR
-
I'll tell you what, players now-a-days play with hardly any pads on anymore. The shoulder pads on 'skilled' players are little itty bitty things. And below the waist, virtually no pads at all. And they're extending the season. You KNOW they'll want a nice even 18 games, rather than this lopsided schedule thing they've got going on now.
Ward is out. That's bad. It's happening too often. But he's our best CB. He's a good player. Newsome was out too. Greedy Williams is gonna be 'out' soon enough. But all of the other backups at CB that we were using were also getting injured in the game. Might as well have GOOD players getting hurt than mediocre guys who are gonna get hurt too.
I don’t follow that logic “might as well have good players getting hurt”. If we are eventually going to pay Ward 17-20M a year into his late 20s we don’t need that cap space on the IR
I don’t follow that logic
My point, they're ALL going to get hurt. Would you rather have good players or cheap players?
-
I don’t follow that logic
My point, they're ALL going to get hurt. Would you rather have good players or cheap players?
My point, they're ALL going to get hurt. Would you rather have good players or cheap players?
I might not agree on all. It seems some get hurt more often. That is what I don't want.
Face it, Hospital Ward is just a frail player. If he didn't get involved with tackling players, he probably wouldn't get hurt expect for a hamstring issue once or twice a season.
-
My point, they're ALL going to get hurt. Would you rather have good players or cheap players?
I might not agree on all. It seems some get hurt more often. That is what I don't want.
Face it, Hospital Ward is just a frail player. If he didn't get involved with tackling players, he probably wouldn't get hurt expect for a hamstring issue once or twice a season.
I might not agree on all. It seems some get hurt more often. That is what I don't want.
Face it, Hospital Ward is just a frail player. If he didn't get involved with tackling players, he probably wouldn't get hurt expect for a hamstring issue once or twice a season.
Meh, Joe Haden used to give himself concussions on the reg, he seemed to out grow that though. Maybe give Hospital Ward some Adderall??
-
ward is going to get a huge contract ... i dont think it will be from the browns they drafted Newsome as his replacement.
Also Teller is gone as well just start bracing for it mentally. He will get a huge contract and with paying Tretter , Bitonio and Conklin already its not happening .
-
My point, they're ALL going to get hurt. Would you rather have good players or cheap players?
I might not agree on all. It seems some get hurt more often. That is what I don't want.
Face it, Hospital Ward is just a frail player. If he didn't get involved with tackling players, he probably wouldn't get hurt expect for a hamstring issue once or twice a season.
-
I don’t follow that logic
My point, they're ALL going to get hurt. Would you rather have good players or cheap players?
-
Ward is 0 for 3 staying healthy. He’s missed a month in each of his first three seasons. He’s missed 12 games and he’s still on his first contract.
Yeah, he's brittle. But he gets better.
-
Well, I just read that Greedy, Ward and Newsome all will practice today along with Jed so that's good news
Well, I just read that Greedy, Ward and Newsome all will practice today along with Jed so that's good news
Yes, they all practiced yesterday. (LP). Ditto Wills. A bunch of guys apparently getting R&R days off... https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/injury-report/
-
Cmon, man! Awards for 10/14:
*JOK's chin strap got caught on his throat early in the game
* 2 injuries listed for each of Garrett, Clowney, Takk
Cards will be without two first-team all-pros - C Hudson, DE Jones
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login