★ NFL WEEK 7 ★ News and notes, Denver +3.5 at Cleveland on a THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL special !
-
I'll be honest, given the short week I'd rather the team look long-term and make this the game of the backups. Mayfield clearly needs a game off. Hunt and Chubb are likely out (well Hunt for sure). Both tackles may be out as well.
Throw Keenum and the gang out there and hope for the best. The Broncos are very much a fool's gold 3-3 when you look at their record, beating the New York Teams and the Jags for the 3 wins so far. I actually think our defense being relatively healthy and the toon squad as backups makes this a competitive game.
I'll be honest, given the short week I'd rather the team look long-term and make this the game of the backups. Mayfield clearly needs a game off. Hunt and Chubb are likely out (well Hunt for sure). Both tackles may be out as well.
Throw Keenum and the gang out there and hope for the best. The Broncos are very much a fool's gold 3-3 when you look at their record, beating the New York Teams and the Jags for the 3 wins so far. I actually think our defense being relatively healthy and the toon squad as backups makes this a competitive game.
This in a nutshell.
This is the game DJ validates my early dismissal of those who felt he was a goner when we drafted Felton. At least, should Stef trust to hand him the ball. Broncos have a great edge pair, but they aren't above average inside. You're going to have to throw a lot of body blows at this defense, don't get Chubb and Von get going, and win the war of attrition. Can't really see it being all that different from the Vikings game. Especially with the weather going to be cold(er) and possibly rainy.
If the defense is healthy and our coaching staff doesn't try to come out and sling the rock for seemingly no reason, then I like the odds of winning and possibly covering (around -6)
-
I'll be honest, given the short week I'd rather the team look long-term and make this the game of the backups. Mayfield clearly needs a game off. Hunt and Chubb are likely out (well Hunt for sure). Both tackles may be out as well.
Throw Keenum and the gang out there and hope for the best. The Broncos are very much a fool's gold 3-3 when you look at their record, beating the New York Teams and the Jags for the 3 wins so far. I actually think our defense being relatively healthy and the toon squad as backups makes this a competitive game.
I'll be honest, given the short week I'd rather the team look long-term and make this the game of the backups. Mayfield clearly needs a game off. Hunt and Chubb are likely out (well Hunt for sure). Both tackles may be out as well.
Throw Keenum and the gang out there and hope for the best. The Broncos are very much a fool's gold 3-3 when you look at their record, beating the New York Teams and the Jags for the 3 wins so far. I actually think our defense being relatively healthy and the toon squad as backups makes this a competitive game.
YEP. I would have already sat Baker to let him heal or have surgery to fix it if necessary. Owusu has a high ankle sprain I read. With Chubb out and Hunt out for three games? Why didn't the Browns start D'Ernest Johnson start seeing some touches the last game????
and I'm getting more and more annoyed at the Browns running on first down so much. Maybe that works with a healthy Chubb and Hunt, but come on. The defenses seem to see it. I think Hudson had a very tough game, ...
just a disaster of a game. Don't have hurt players playing, it doesn't do any good. You lose and they end up not being able to play.
-
I'll be honest, given the short week I'd rather the team look long-term and make this the game of the backups. Mayfield clearly needs a game off. Hunt and Chubb are likely out (well Hunt for sure). Both tackles may be out as well.
Throw Keenum and the gang out there and hope for the best. The Broncos are very much a fool's gold 3-3 when you look at their record, beating the New York Teams and the Jags for the 3 wins so far. I actually think our defense being relatively healthy and the toon squad as backups makes this a competitive game.
YEP. I would have already sat Baker to let him heal or have surgery to fix it if necessary. Owusu has a high ankle sprain I read. With Chubb out and Hunt out for three games? Why didn't the Browns start D'Ernest Johnson start seeing some touches the last game????
and I'm getting more and more annoyed at the Browns running on first down so much. Maybe that works with a healthy Chubb and Hunt, but come on. The defenses seem to see it. I think Hudson had a very tough game, ...
just a disaster of a game. Don't have hurt players playing, it doesn't do any good. You lose and they end up not being able to play.
YEP. I would have already sat Baker to let him heal or have surgery to fix it if necessary. Owusu has a high ankle sprain I read. With Chubb out and Hunt out for three games? Why didn't the Browns start D'Ernest Johnson start seeing some touches the last game????
and I'm getting more and more annoyed at the Browns running on first down so much. Maybe that works with a healthy Chubb and Hunt, but come on. The defenses seem to see it. I think Hudson had a very tough game, ...
just a disaster of a game. Don't have hurt players playing, it doesn't do any good. You lose and they end up not being able to play.
It may just be that ol' Kevvy a JW got figured out!
-
I'll be honest, given the short week I'd rather the team look long-term and make this the game of the backups. Mayfield clearly needs a game off. Hunt and Chubb are likely out (well Hunt for sure). Both tackles may be out as well.
Throw Keenum and the gang out there and hope for the best. The Broncos are very much a fool's gold 3-3 when you look at their record, beating the New York Teams and the Jags for the 3 wins so far. I actually think our defense being relatively healthy and the toon squad as backups makes this a competitive game.
This in a nutshell.
This is the game DJ validates my early dismissal of those who felt he was a goner when we drafted Felton. At least, should Stef trust to hand him the ball. Broncos have a great edge pair, but they aren't above average inside. You're going to have to throw a lot of body blows at this defense, don't get Chubb and Von get going, and win the war of attrition. Can't really see it being all that different from the Vikings game. Especially with the weather going to be cold(er) and possibly rainy.
If the defense is healthy and our coaching staff doesn't try to come out and sling the rock for seemingly no reason, then I like the odds of winning and possibly covering (around -6)
This in a nutshell.
This is the game DJ validates my early dismissal of those who felt he was a goner when we drafted Felton. At least, should Stef trust to hand him the ball. Broncos have a great edge pair, but they aren't above average inside. You're going to have to throw a lot of body blows at this defense, don't get Chubb and Von get going, and win the war of attrition. Can't really see it being all that different from the Vikings game. Especially with the weather going to be cold(er) and possibly rainy.
If the defense is healthy and our coaching staff doesn't try to come out and sling the rock for seemingly no reason, then I like the odds of winning and possibly covering (around -6)
D will only be missing JOK. Latest is Baker getting a second opinion on the shoulder, I'm betting he didn't like what the Docs told him after the MRI. Stef- if you're being honest in the presser Monday, and the medical report says Mayfield isn't healthy, no time like the present to sit him Thursday and give him the two full weeks to heal. MHO is we can probably beat Denver with Keenun at QB, as long as 1/2 the starting offense isn't out besides.
-
Zombo said:
Hell no.
All Hands on Deck.
They get a nice 10 day break for the next game.
Everybody needs to come together to win this football game and right the ship.
Z
Agree we are entering must win territory and our QB and Defense are too inconsistent to rely on any games down the road being easier. If they aren’t doing so now i think Woods and the Secondary should be going on the second day of an all nighter watching film and figuring out assignments. The excuse last year they weren’t fast enough or good enough - what is this year?
It becomes a hurt or injured question too. We have some guys that play hurt and others sit out after 8 plays in a game. Others play hard and fast and need to get carried off the field before they will leave.
The only glaring personnel issue I see is Hudson playing now. I may have called in a street free agent Sunday night. He’s a clear liability and it is impacting the play calls. Other than that our backups are more than capable to account for the guys out with an actual injury.
-
Zombo said:
Hell no.
All Hands on Deck.
They get a nice 10 day break for the next game.
Everybody needs to come together to win this football game and right the ship.
Z
If there's a game to do it (take a conservative approach on players) it's this one, though. If the bye week was two weeks away, I'd say grit it out. But the division games start in a hurry next week and this is a game that's winnable with the backups in. This is a shit ass situation and the lesser of two evils in my opinion is getting the guys who can be healthier (Wills, Conklin, Chubb, Mayfield) ready to beat down Pittsburgh.
-
Zombo said:
Hell no.
All Hands on Deck.
They get a nice 10 day break for the next game.
Everybody needs to come together to win this football game and right the ship.
Z
Yeah- it's now a "must win" game. But not at the cost of aggravating injuries and lose a player for the rest of the year just to win this game.
Sorry Baker- You're not the coach. The time may come when (for his own good) Stefanski is going to have to take his helmet away and sit him. https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-qb-baker-mayfield-shoulder-says-decision-to-play-vs-broncos-on-tnf-is-his He did practice today (limited). But what he did say- 100% guaranteed he's going to need off season surgery on the shoulder. Every time it pops out, it's just going to get worse. PS checking- if he needs surgery- he's done for the year. 4-6 weeks to reattach to the bone, and then at least another 6 weeks of rehab.
PS- Chubb ruled OUT again for Thursday. MHO- is if you're so hurt, your play is suffering- time to take a game off.
-
Zombo said:
Hell no.
All Hands on Deck.
They get a nice 10 day break for the next game.
Everybody needs to come together to win this football game and right the ship.
Z
Damn the torpedo's! Full speed ahead you pancake eating mother fuckers!
-
I'll be honest, given the short week I'd rather the team look long-term and make this the game of the backups. Mayfield clearly needs a game off. Hunt and Chubb are likely out (well Hunt for sure). Both tackles may be out as well.
Throw Keenum and the gang out there and hope for the best. The Broncos are very much a fool's gold 3-3 when you look at their record, beating the New York Teams and the Jags for the 3 wins so far. I actually think our defense being relatively healthy and the toon squad as backups makes this a competitive game.
This in a nutshell.
This is the game DJ validates my early dismissal of those who felt he was a goner when we drafted Felton. At least, should Stef trust to hand him the ball. Broncos have a great edge pair, but they aren't above average inside. You're going to have to throw a lot of body blows at this defense, don't get Chubb and Von get going, and win the war of attrition. Can't really see it being all that different from the Vikings game. Especially with the weather going to be cold(er) and possibly rainy.
If the defense is healthy and our coaching staff doesn't try to come out and sling the rock for seemingly no reason, then I like the odds of winning and possibly covering (around -6)
This is the game DJ validates my early dismissal of those who felt he was a goner when we drafted Felton.
I felt there was a descent chance that D'E would be gone. But quite obviously they did not feel that Felton was a RB at all. Through 6 games he has yet to have a rushing attempt and has 8 receptions. So, although he's listed as a RB, he hasn't been one....and the only other RB is D'E....and the FB Stanton. No RB on the practice squad. Are we standing pat with that?
-
-
This is the game DJ validates my early dismissal of those who felt he was a goner when we drafted Felton.
I felt there was a descent chance that D'E would be gone. But quite obviously they did not feel that Felton was a RB at all. Through 6 games he has yet to have a rushing attempt and has 8 receptions. So, although he's listed as a RB, he hasn't been one....and the only other RB is D'E....and the FB Stanton. No RB on the practice squad. Are we standing pat with that?
I felt there was a descent chance that D'E would be gone. But quite obviously they did not feel that Felton was a RB at all. Through 6 games he has yet to have a rushing attempt and has 8 receptions. So, although he's listed as a RB, he hasn't been one....and the only other RB is D'E....and the FB Stanton. No RB on the practice squad. Are we standing pat with that?
Kelly is activated I believe we saw him in preseason quite a bit when we rested starters. Not a speed guy but will run through a tackle
Felton isn’t on Johnson’s level when it comes to pounding the rock in our scheme. He was a toss right toss left and a pass catching back at UCLA and a very good Kickoff return specialist…looks like the case here too but he’s obviously elevated his game too.
The Broncos are missing all of their LBs it’s time to use the three headed TE monster
-
Ughhhhhhh. Where's the gif showing the young female Asian porn star about to be assaulted by "Telephone Pole Terrence". Cuz that's about how I'm seeing this game.
-
I felt there was a descent chance that D'E would be gone. But quite obviously they did not feel that Felton was a RB at all. Through 6 games he has yet to have a rushing attempt and has 8 receptions. So, although he's listed as a RB, he hasn't been one....and the only other RB is D'E....and the FB Stanton. No RB on the practice squad. Are we standing pat with that?
Kelly is activated I believe we saw him in preseason quite a bit when we rested starters. Not a speed guy but will run through a tackle
Felton isn’t on Johnson’s level when it comes to pounding the rock in our scheme. He was a toss right toss left and a pass catching back at UCLA and a very good Kickoff return specialist…looks like the case here too but he’s obviously elevated his game too.
The Broncos are missing all of their LBs it’s time to use the three headed TE monster
The Broncos are missing all of their LBs it’s time to use the three headed TE monster
Hope Kev just dinks and dunks the shit out of these guys...
-
Zombo said:
Hell no.
All Hands on Deck.
They get a nice 10 day break for the next game.
Everybody needs to come together to win this football game and right the ship.
Z
Agree we are entering must win territory and our QB and Defense are too inconsistent to rely on any games down the road being easier. If they aren’t doing so now i think Woods and the Secondary should be going on the second day of an all nighter watching film and figuring out assignments. The excuse last year they weren’t fast enough or good enough - what is this year?
It becomes a hurt or injured question too. We have some guys that play hurt and others sit out after 8 plays in a game. Others play hard and fast and need to get carried off the field before they will leave.
The only glaring personnel issue I see is Hudson playing now. I may have called in a street free agent Sunday night. He’s a clear liability and it is impacting the play calls. Other than that our backups are more than capable to account for the guys out with an actual injury.
Agree we are entering must win territory and our QB and Defense are too inconsistent to rely on any games down the road being easier. If they aren’t doing so now i think Woods and the Secondary should be going on the second day of an all nighter watching film and figuring out assignments. The excuse last year they weren’t fast enough or good enough - what is this year?
It becomes a hurt or injured question too. We have some guys that play hurt and others sit out after 8 plays in a game. Others play hard and fast and need to get carried off the field before they will leave.
The only glaring personnel issue I see is Hudson playing now. I may have called in a street free agent Sunday night. He’s a clear liability and it is impacting the play calls. Other than that our backups are more than capable to account for the guys out with an actual injury.
IMO must win doesn’t mean we have to play Mayfield. I’m his current condition as well others must win might be better handled by backups against Denver.
-
-
-
-
-
I felt there was a descent chance that D'E would be gone. But quite obviously they did not feel that Felton was a RB at all. Through 6 games he has yet to have a rushing attempt and has 8 receptions. So, although he's listed as a RB, he hasn't been one....and the only other RB is D'E....and the FB Stanton. No RB on the practice squad. Are we standing pat with that?
Kelly is activated I believe we saw him in preseason quite a bit when we rested starters. Not a speed guy but will run through a tackle
Felton isn’t on Johnson’s level when it comes to pounding the rock in our scheme. He was a toss right toss left and a pass catching back at UCLA and a very good Kickoff return specialist…looks like the case here too but he’s obviously elevated his game too.
The Broncos are missing all of their LBs it’s time to use the three headed TE monster
Kelly is activated I
Ahh, thanks. I didn't see him on the depth chart...but he's on the roster. He wasn't half bad in the preseason. He was usually playing with a terrible offensive line...so...nothing new to him.
-
How do we not start case keenum?? Baker is not well.
I get it, I really do. Coach REALLY likes Baker Mayfield and so does the team. It's important to remember that Baker is the heart, soul, and leader of this team. His absence would be HUGE to our mental psyche and if he CAN play, he should play. My worry is that we can't PROTECT him, ya know? How many hits is he gonna take? They're going to blitz the CRAP out of us! I can tell you this, we're going to be practicing screen passes to our RBs ALL week. On the second 4th down failed attempt, we had the PERFECT opportunity for a screen. Everyone knew they were coming. So frustrating.
Ughhhhhhh, I just don't know.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login