Skip to content

★ NFL WEEK 7 ★  News and notes,  Denver +3.5 at Cleveland on a THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL special !

The Browns Board
60 17 2.8k 1
  • @sdbacker80 said:

    The Broncos are missing all of their LBs it’s time to use the three headed TE monster

    Um, not exactly- Von Miller is listed as a LB...  FWIW,,,,,   https://www.nfl.com/news/broncos-olb-von-miller-facing-browns-tackles-kill-him-a-couple-sacks

    I'm not exactly confident our 3rd and 4th string RBs are up to the task of keeping Miller off of Baker.  

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #26

    @hoorta said:

    Um, not exactly- Von Miller is listed as a LB...  FWIW,,,,,   https://www.nfl.com/news/broncos-olb-von-miller-facing-browns-tackles-kill-him-a-couple-sacks

    I'm not exactly confident our 3rd and 4th string RBs are up to the task of keeping Miller off of Baker.  

    Well they have three LBs out Two starters and another backup.  Von can’t blitz and cover everyone 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    The Broncos are missing all of their LBs it’s time to use the three headed TE monster

    Um, not exactly- Von Miller is listed as a LB...  FWIW,,,,,   https://www.nfl.com/news/broncos-olb-von-miller-facing-browns-tackles-kill-him-a-couple-sacks

    I'm not exactly confident our 3rd and 4th string RBs are up to the task of keeping Miller off of Baker.  

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @hoorta said:

    Um, not exactly- Von Miller is listed as a LB...  FWIW,,,,,   https://www.nfl.com/news/broncos-olb-von-miller-facing-browns-tackles-kill-him-a-couple-sacks

    I'm not exactly confident our 3rd and 4th string RBs are up to the task of keeping Miller off of Baker.  

    Off-ball linebackers* 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    The Broncos are missing all of their LBs it’s time to use the three headed TE monster

    Um, not exactly- Von Miller is listed as a LB...  FWIW,,,,,   https://www.nfl.com/news/broncos-olb-von-miller-facing-browns-tackles-kill-him-a-couple-sacks

    I'm not exactly confident our 3rd and 4th string RBs are up to the task of keeping Miller off of Baker.  

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @hoorta said:

    Um, not exactly- Von Miller is listed as a LB...  FWIW,,,,,   https://www.nfl.com/news/broncos-olb-von-miller-facing-browns-tackles-kill-him-a-couple-sacks

    I'm not exactly confident our 3rd and 4th string RBs are up to the task of keeping Miller off of Baker.  

    This is actually a good point. When you play backup RBs, you're getting less talent running the ball, but just as important is the reduced ability to pick up blitzes. Many assumed Hunt played on passing downs because he's a better receiver, and that's true, but the biggest reason for Hunt's presence is his stellar ability to lay the wood on blitzing rushers. He's ferocious. 

    We have a QB who can't get hit, backup Tackles, and RBs not used to playing much. It's not ideal. Our defense played a couple really good games this year. We need another one or our season is in jeopardy. 

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #29

    Zombo said:

    I see Myles held a players only defensive meeting, and Baker didn't think about sitting for a minute.

    These are the things leaders do.

    This is how good teams become championship teams ... by overcoming adversity together.

    You guys that want to play Keenum tommorrow are pussies. All of you.

    Z

     If he plays reasonably well, then so be it.  I choose to err on the side of caution in terms of not putting players out there that are dealing with issues which can harm the team. However if Baker has another 3 turnover game that buries any chance of a comeback or win and a potential lost defensive effort, then I'll also be accepting your apology for the insult.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by jrb12711
    #30

    Zombo said:

    I see Myles held a players only defensive meeting, and Baker didn't think about sitting for a minute.

    These are the things leaders do.

    This is how good teams become championship teams ... by overcoming adversity together.

    You guys that want to play Keenum tommorrow are pussies. All of you.

    Z

    Well I guess that makes the Browns organization a bunch of pussies, huh?

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/qb-case-keenum-to-start-vs-broncos

    Z, sometimes the health of a human being matters and arguably the hardest thing a coach has to do is sit a dude for his own good. We all respect the shit out of Mayfield for plowing through a very non-insignificant injury. No one with a serious brain is saying Keenum is the answer. But this ain't the Super Bowl or even a pivotal "must win" late in the season. It had to happen and coach made the right decision, cause I know this wasn't Mayfield's call. 

  • @hoorta said:

    Um, not exactly- Von Miller is listed as a LB...  FWIW,,,,,   https://www.nfl.com/news/broncos-olb-von-miller-facing-browns-tackles-kill-him-a-couple-sacks

    I'm not exactly confident our 3rd and 4th string RBs are up to the task of keeping Miller off of Baker.  

    This is actually a good point. When you play backup RBs, you're getting less talent running the ball, but just as important is the reduced ability to pick up blitzes. Many assumed Hunt played on passing downs because he's a better receiver, and that's true, but the biggest reason for Hunt's presence is his stellar ability to lay the wood on blitzing rushers. He's ferocious. 

    We have a QB who can't get hit, backup Tackles, and RBs not used to playing much. It's not ideal. Our defense played a couple really good games this year. We need another one or our season is in jeopardy. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #31

    @jiggins7919 said:

    This is actually a good point. When you play backup RBs, you're getting less talent running the ball, but just as important is the reduced ability to pick up blitzes. Many assumed Hunt played on passing downs because he's a better receiver, and that's true, but the biggest reason for Hunt's presence is his stellar ability to lay the wood on blitzing rushers. He's ferocious. 

    We have a QB who can't get hit, backup Tackles, and RBs not used to playing much. It's not ideal. Our defense played a couple really good games this year. We need another one or our season is in jeopardy. 

    In the times We’ve seen Derenst Johnson play I didn’t think blitz pick up was an issue.  

    But You are just going to see check down city with Keenum on third and longs.  

    You are going to see the horizontal pass game with Schwartz, Felton and OBJ (if he plays).  Especially on first down. Stef is going to want to be 2 and 5 or less and will hope to get 5 or more on these plays.

     I would challenge the middle linebackers with our TEs (the Broncos have a crisis there)

    We aren’t going to show Denver anything that they aren’t expecting.  We just have to execute well on offense on a short week

    Having said all this - the game is on the defense 

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #32

    I'm surprised that Johnson didn't see some snaps last Sunday. I don't get that. But a complete tear? When I had a complete tear of a rotator cuff, that is serious crap. Baker will have surgery whenever. I think Keenum will surprise people in the media. He can play, too.

        Everybody surely admires the hell out of Baker for hanging in there. Defenses have been keying on the running game, I think, and putting pressure on Baker to make the throws, especially after the first game after the injury when he was overthrowing. In my goofy opinion, running on first down so much helped defenses make stops at critical times. Maybe he plays the defense, to spring throws on them on first down, who knows. Seems to me, first down runs are getting stifled more often.

       Watching Tenn. beat the Bills - they were playing a lot of man to man? We have Greedy, Newsome and Ward, and we play a soft zone? and what is up with the miscommunications? Come on, we can NOT let bridgewater look like a star.

      The upside is, Landry is back, with OBJ out.  Throw to Schwartz more. It's time.

  • hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by hx214
    #33

    So I just saw Baker is out and Case is in. 

    The article I read showed Case's stats after he played in Minn in 2017..... this dude makes 7 million a year....

    God I hope he and Kev have something up their sleeve...

    Defense better wake the hell up.

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Zombo said:

    Baker's out. Coach's call. Let's kick ass Keenum!

    Z

    I'll let you guys look up Keenum's stats on Pro Football Reference. Overall, they scream journeyman career backup.  BUT- I hope we see the Vikings  Keenum who won 11 games, and had a 98 QBR on Thursday night.  There's a reason  Berry made him one of the highest paid backups in the NFL. 

    PS Regarding QBs I almost barfed when I saw some crack head suggesting we trade OBJ to the 49ers for Jimmy  Garrapolo. 

  • I'm surprised that Johnson didn't see some snaps last Sunday. I don't get that. But a complete tear? When I had a complete tear of a rotator cuff, that is serious crap. Baker will have surgery whenever. I think Keenum will surprise people in the media. He can play, too.

        Everybody surely admires the hell out of Baker for hanging in there. Defenses have been keying on the running game, I think, and putting pressure on Baker to make the throws, especially after the first game after the injury when he was overthrowing. In my goofy opinion, running on first down so much helped defenses make stops at critical times. Maybe he plays the defense, to spring throws on them on first down, who knows. Seems to me, first down runs are getting stifled more often.

       Watching Tenn. beat the Bills - they were playing a lot of man to man? We have Greedy, Newsome and Ward, and we play a soft zone? and what is up with the miscommunications? Come on, we can NOT let bridgewater look like a star.

      The upside is, Landry is back, with OBJ out.  Throw to Schwartz more. It's time.

    hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @calfoxwc said:

    Throw to Schwartz more. It's time.

    Outside of the KC game I haven't seen a thing from this kid.  

    Wish he'd stop bringing the damn ball out of the back of the endzone on kickoffs and making it to the 15 yard line.... (It would have been nice if he would have ran that damn slant route and not been a chicken shit about catching the ball in traffic too)

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #36

    Case is paid well.  He essentially had just preseason snaps in year and half.  Time to earn a paycheck 

  • Case is paid well.  He essentially had just preseason snaps in year and half.  Time to earn a paycheck 

    hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Case is paid well.  He essentially had just preseason snaps in year and half.  Time to earn a paycheck 

    After seeing those few passes he had in the Cards game......Got a feeling he is about to get Ken Dorsey'd....

  • Case is paid well.  He essentially had just preseason snaps in year and half.  Time to earn a paycheck 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Case is paid well.  He essentially had just preseason snaps in year and half.  Time to earn a paycheck 

    NEXT UP !

    RB1, RB2..... now QB1.

    OH and now CLE -2.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    Zombo said:

    No, it doesn't make the Browns pussies ... he had three different doctors advise him not to play and ultimately Stafanski has to make a logical decision.

    We are fans. That's short for fanatics. We don't have to be logical, we can dive 100% in on our starting qb and criticize anyone who thinks differently.

    That's what made this board fun, you could be an optimist or a pessimist, a realist or a dreamer, as long as you stuck to your guns and came by your opinions honestly. 

    Now everyone is acting like they work for the Browns and they have to sift through the information and make cautious decisions like your opinion matters or something.

    Being a FAN is fun for me. You ladies need to lighten up and enjoy being Browns fans and engaging wild in speculation, or I'm bringing Ghoolie back, he may be an asshole, but at least he's interesting. 

    Z

    --Now I'm Case Keenum's biggest fan. I had already picked him up in fantasy, just in case, and now he's my starter. All in, Baby. When I'm dead and gone they won't be able to say I wasn't All In.

    Settle down big guy. Although your comment drifts quickly into "my opinions are more important than your facts" audience, no one is questioning your fandom ya pussy. (This was sarcasm, by the way)

    Go Browns-

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #40

    Zombo said:

    No, it doesn't make the Browns pussies ... he had three different doctors advise him not to play and ultimately Stafanski has to make a logical decision.

    We are fans. That's short for fanatics. We don't have to be logical, we can dive 100% in on our starting qb and criticize anyone who thinks differently.

    That's what made this board fun, you could be an optimist or a pessimist, a realist or a dreamer, as long as you stuck to your guns and came by your opinions honestly. 

    Now everyone is acting like they work for the Browns and they have to sift through the information and make cautious decisions like your opinion matters or something.

    Being a FAN is fun for me. You ladies need to lighten up and enjoy being Browns fans and engaging wild in speculation, or I'm bringing Ghoolie back, he may be an asshole, but at least he's interesting. 

    Z

    --Now I'm Case Keenum's biggest fan. I had already picked him up in fantasy, just in case, and now he's my starter. All in, Baby. When I'm dead and gone they won't be able to say I wasn't All In.

    No one is questioning your fandom Z. We're questioning Baker's sanity when one more hit on that bum shoulder- and he's done for the year. 

    What I want to know is who's Keenum's backup if he gets hurt?  We know Landry and OBJ can toss the ball deep with some accuracy- but just wondering.  🙂   

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #41

    Zombo said:

    I'm bringing Ghoolie back,

    Bring him back.  

  • Zombo said:

    I'm bringing Ghoolie back,

    Bring him back.  

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Bring him back.  

    Ghoolie? Just no to that idea. He's an obnoxious Board hog. I doubt Supreme Leader Kathy would go along with it. I sure as hell wouldn't.  FWIW, he unfriended a bunch of us when he got kicked off over on FaceBook.   

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #43

    Zombo said:

    or I'm bringing Ghoolie back, he may be an asshole, but at least he's interesting. 

    Z

    By this logic, having a taser taken to your nuts qualifies as "interesting".

  • I'm surprised that Johnson didn't see some snaps last Sunday. I don't get that. But a complete tear? When I had a complete tear of a rotator cuff, that is serious crap. Baker will have surgery whenever. I think Keenum will surprise people in the media. He can play, too.

        Everybody surely admires the hell out of Baker for hanging in there. Defenses have been keying on the running game, I think, and putting pressure on Baker to make the throws, especially after the first game after the injury when he was overthrowing. In my goofy opinion, running on first down so much helped defenses make stops at critical times. Maybe he plays the defense, to spring throws on them on first down, who knows. Seems to me, first down runs are getting stifled more often.

       Watching Tenn. beat the Bills - they were playing a lot of man to man? We have Greedy, Newsome and Ward, and we play a soft zone? and what is up with the miscommunications? Come on, we can NOT let bridgewater look like a star.

      The upside is, Landry is back, with OBJ out.  Throw to Schwartz more. It's time.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @calfoxwc said:

    I'm surprised that Johnson didn't see some snaps last Sunday. I don't get that.

    THIS.....was something that jumped out at me when I saw the gamebook (wasn't able to watch the game).  I guess we got behind the scoreboard which limited the whole 'run it down their throats" strategy.  

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #45

    Zombo said:

    I'm sure they'll promote Mullens, they can promote two PS players each week.

    Z

    Thanks, forgot about him- you're right. Certain to be promoted.