Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. QB Passing Accuracy

QB Passing Accuracy

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
6 Posts 5 Posters 834 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • DawgTracker D
    • 774 Posts
    • 1 Reputation
    D DawgTracker wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I saw a very interesting show on one of the science channels. They were analyzing how accurately Drew Brees throws a football and why that is possible.

    They compared Olympic level bow shooters to Brees at 20 yards. They said an olympic caliber (not champion) shooter can hit the bullseye (looked to be about 12") half of the time at 20 yards. Drew Brees hit the bullseye 10 out of 10 times from 20 yards.

    They said that Brees has flawless mechanics which do not vary from throw to throw (unlike some other QBs). So why aren't QBs taught at a young age to have a simple delivery that can be repeated each throw?

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • 88fingerslewy ?
      • Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      ? 88fingerslewy wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Probably like golf swing or putting a 4 footer. Stress changes everything.

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Irisheyez I
        • 30 Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        I Irisheyez wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Danamal pretty much hit the nail on the head here.

        Once you start talking about the human body, you can goto an infinite amount of descriptions as to why we can do what we can do.

        I am 6'3 tall, and when I was a sophmore in high school I weight oh about a buck 50. I have been able to constantly drive the ball over 300 yards on average. Still can to this day and since I have put on a nice amount of weight it has increased in distance.

        It's a crazy thing, how unique different things are to each of us. What Drew does wouldn't work for 99% of the people in the world. Now you can mimic it, but your going to end up taking your own version of what you do anyways.

        Some of us are just lucky, and well some of us are good at math 🙂

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • hammertime hammertimeH Dedicated Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
          • 4k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @danamal said:

          Dont get me started on golf,Im the only asshole who can drive the ball 338 yards on a par 4 410 yd hole and still score a 7!

          I fukin hate that game...

          Look, i can consistantly drive the green of 350+ par4's. Consistantly though it happens to be the green of the par4 to left of the hole i'm playing. 😮

          guns don't kill kids-pitt bulls do.
          I 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • hammertimeH hammertime

            @danamal said:

            Dont get me started on golf,Im the only asshole who can drive the ball 338 yards on a par 4 410 yd hole and still score a 7!

            I fukin hate that game...

            Look, i can consistantly drive the green of 350+ par4's. Consistantly though it happens to be the green of the par4 to left of the hole i'm playing. 😮

            Irisheyez I
            • 30 Posts
            • 0 Reputation
            I Irisheyez wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @hammertime said:

            Look, i can consistantly drive the green of 350+ par4's. Consistantly though it happens to be the green of the par4 to left of the hole i'm playing. 😮

            LOL.

            yea, but it's still a green right? 😆

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • AZBrowns A
              • 300 Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              A AZBrowns wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I don't think people understand how much Brees has worked on his game over the years. The guy is a "short" QB by NFL standards, but has put in hard work and is a smart football player. I don't believe in "natural gifts" for the most part, especially with a case like Brees. I believe he has probably worked on his throwing way more than the average NFL QB and that's probably why most QB's can't match what he has done.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply

              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

              Register Login
              Reply
              • Reply as topic
              Log in to reply
              • Oldest to Newest
              • Newest to Oldest
              • Most Votes


              Theme
              • System
              • Light
              • Dark
              The Browns Board Terms Privacy

              The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

              • First post
                Last post
              0
              • Forums
              • Recent
              • Popular
              • Users
              • Donate