Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Trade OBJ... Pa-Leeeze!

Trade OBJ... Pa-Leeeze!

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
13 Posts 11 Posters 909 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
    • 14k Posts
    • 5k Reputation
    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #1

    The sad thing about this.. based on his performance.. No one in their right mind would want him.. And I doubt it will happen... But since he's been back... He's been pure shit... And let's face it folks... He's brittle.. Personally if I were the Browns.. I would just let him walk... But I would bench him first .. Fuck his feelings.. As I said earlier on this forum.. OBJ will never be what he once was... He will just continue to get hurt... We need more physical type WR's like DPJ.. Landry on the other hand is pure gold and possibly one of if not the best rout runners I've seen in recent years.. He reminds me of Cris Carter in a lot ways... Not the faster guy on the field... But he gets open and moves the chains... His production is incredible... OBJ is nothing but a clown... Let's move on from him...

    Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
    1 Reply Last reply
    👍
    Quote Reply
    • jrb12711 jrb12711J Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 5k Posts
      • 1k Reputation
      jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Zombo said:

      While I mostly agree, DPJ hurt his dick in warm-ups last night and Higgins has been mostly invisible, so we just gotta pray this guy gets his shit together... he's gone after the season.

      Z

      In reflecting on it, this is the more accurate take. No one is going to take on OBJ's salary for half the year AND give up anything at all of value. My only hope against hope is that maybe if he (OBJ) and Landry can get back close to 100% it might spark something. But man, that dude was a net zero out there tonight. Even his one deep catch was a double clutch almost drop. He's not playing like a $1.7 million dollar player, yet alone at $17 million man.

      Teams are noticing his star power is gone too. If you noticed, Surtain (who holy shit looked good) for the Broncos was pretty exclusively on Landry last night. Honestly, why would you cover him with your best right now?

      1 Reply Last reply
      👍
      Quote Reply
      • SdBacker80 S Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 5k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I think you are going to see a slow transfer to DPJ types (above average ceiling) WRs because this brain Trust/QB doesn’t utilize the position.  

        Radical changes coming. He’s gone this coming offseason. Landry restructures. Higgins walks.

        Bob806B hx214H 2 Replies Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • S SdBacker80

          I think you are going to see a slow transfer to DPJ types (above average ceiling) WRs because this brain Trust/QB doesn’t utilize the position.  

          Radical changes coming. He’s gone this coming offseason. Landry restructures. Higgins walks.

          Bob806 Bob806B Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 5k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @sdbacker80 said:

          I think you are going to see a slow transfer to DPJ types (above average ceiling) WRs because this brain Trust/QB doesn’t utilize the position.  

          Radical changes coming. He’s gone this coming offseason. Landry restructures. Higgins walks.

          I agree. I think they drafted Schwartz for a reason, but he's clearly still learning/acclimating to the NFL. Not sure how much his ceiling is.

          Karlis Missed
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • S SdBacker80

            I think you are going to see a slow transfer to DPJ types (above average ceiling) WRs because this brain Trust/QB doesn’t utilize the position.  

            Radical changes coming. He’s gone this coming offseason. Landry restructures. Higgins walks.

            hx214 hx214H One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 1k Posts
            • 474 Reputation
            hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @sdbacker80 said:

            Landry restructures. 

            Honestly, if I'm the Browns I'd even overpay him a bit just to keep him around. Guy just brings so much to the team.

            S I gumby73G 3 Replies Last reply
            👍
            Quote Reply
            • hx214H hx214

              @sdbacker80 said:

              Landry restructures. 

              Honestly, if I'm the Browns I'd even overpay him a bit just to keep him around. Guy just brings so much to the team.

              SdBacker80 S Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 5k Posts
              • 2k Reputation
              S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @hx214 said:

              Honestly, if I'm the Browns I'd even overpay him a bit just to keep him around. Guy just brings so much to the team.

              Agree.  The perception out there and the comments made by all he seems like the heart of the soul of the team.

              1 Reply Last reply
              👍
              Quote Reply
              • hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 20k Posts
                • 5k Reputation
                hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                #7

                Zombo said:

                While I mostly agree, DPJ hurt his dick in warm-ups last night and Higgins has been mostly invisible, so we just gotta pray this guy gets his shit together... he's gone after the season.

                Z

                Love him or hate him, OBJ is here for the rest of the season. No team is going to want to pick up the rest of his salary.  

                B 1 Reply Last reply
                👍
                Quote Reply
                • hx214H hx214

                  @sdbacker80 said:

                  Landry restructures. 

                  Honestly, if I'm the Browns I'd even overpay him a bit just to keep him around. Guy just brings so much to the team.

                  Icecube I Very Popular Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 2k Posts
                  • 436 Reputation
                  I Icecube wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @hx214 said:

                  Honestly, if I'm the Browns I'd even overpay him a bit just to keep him around. Guy just brings so much to the team.

                  Including a great attitude and work ethic and leadership. He was one of the only players speaking out when that turd Hue and then Freddie were "in charge."

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • hx214H hx214

                    @sdbacker80 said:

                    Landry restructures. 

                    Honestly, if I'm the Browns I'd even overpay him a bit just to keep him around. Guy just brings so much to the team.

                    gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 11k Posts
                    • 4k Reputation
                    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
                    #9

                    @hx214 said:

                    Honestly, if I'm the Browns I'd even overpay him a bit just to keep him around. Guy just brings so much to the team.

                    here's my only reasoning, for peeking at a tone negative topic ^^  Well said on #80!

                    carry on, shall ya may !      

                    6ybb.gif     

                    No! the 2021 version, of OBJ won't be traded again ? 

                    https://www.brownszone.com/2021/10/22/jarvis-landry-odell-beckham-jr-epitomize-teams-fighting-spirit-by-playing-through-pain-in-win-over-broncos/

                    Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • hoortaH hoorta

                      Zombo said:

                      While I mostly agree, DPJ hurt his dick in warm-ups last night and Higgins has been mostly invisible, so we just gotta pray this guy gets his shit together... he's gone after the season.

                      Z

                      Love him or hate him, OBJ is here for the rest of the season. No team is going to want to pick up the rest of his salary.  

                      browns52 B Banned One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 1k Posts
                      • 123 Reputation
                      B browns52 wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @hoorta said:

                      Love him or hate him, OBJ is here for the rest of the season. No team is going to want to pick up the rest of his salary.  

                      he is fucking garbage.......and you are right....no one wants this guy.....just cut him......take the loss on the money....make room for a possible wr in next yrs draft....there has to be another calvin ridley out there somewhere........

                      hoortaH Tour2maT 2 Replies Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • B browns52

                        @hoorta said:

                        Love him or hate him, OBJ is here for the rest of the season. No team is going to want to pick up the rest of his salary.  

                        he is fucking garbage.......and you are right....no one wants this guy.....just cut him......take the loss on the money....make room for a possible wr in next yrs draft....there has to be another calvin ridley out there somewhere........

                        hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 20k Posts
                        • 5k Reputation
                        hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @browns52 said:

                        he is fucking garbage.......and you are right....no one wants this guy.....just cut him......take the loss on the money....make room for a possible wr in next yrs draft....there has to be another calvin ridley out there somewhere........

                        Uh huh... Just like the entire team is garbage in your estimation. Couldn't beat Georgia? May not win another game? Seems they won Thursday.  Do us a favor, and find another team to root for. 

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                          • 33k Posts
                          • 3k Reputation
                          MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Trade back

                          😉

                          Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • B browns52

                            @hoorta said:

                            Love him or hate him, OBJ is here for the rest of the season. No team is going to want to pick up the rest of his salary.  

                            he is fucking garbage.......and you are right....no one wants this guy.....just cut him......take the loss on the money....make room for a possible wr in next yrs draft....there has to be another calvin ridley out there somewhere........

                            Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                            • 30k Posts
                            • 6k Reputation
                            Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
                            #13

                            @browns52 said:

                            .take the loss on the money.

                            Gotta love folk with so low of a regard for OPM....

                            … Money, well, get back
                            I'm all right Jack, keep your hands off of my stack
                            Money, it's a hit
                            Don't give me that do goody good bullshit

                            "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            Reply
                            • Reply as topic
                            Log in to reply
                            • Oldest to Newest
                            • Newest to Oldest
                            • Most Votes


                            Theme
                            • System
                            • Light
                            • Dark
                            The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                            The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                            • First post
                              Last post
                            0
                            • Forums
                            • Recent
                            • Popular
                            • Users
                            • Donate