Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. How Much Is Enough

How Much Is Enough

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
23 Posts 10 Posters 430 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 10k Posts
    • 8k Reputation
    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #1

     I'm talking to the many of us that are either considering retirement or already have.

    How do you feel about where you are now and how the last 9 months of insanity has affected where you are and your long term plans of the last 20-30 yrs?

    How drastically has your outlook changed in the last short 9 months given the rising prices of damn near everything?

    The US dollar at present is, the world currency. When foreign nations do business, the first thing they do is buy US dollars to do so. China wants to supplant the US dollar with the renminbi or yuan (which ever you prefer to call it) and they WILL succeed. It's just a question of time. LET'S GO BRANDON"!! ?

    So, how comfortable are ya?  How much is enough?

    Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
    W 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
      • 64k Posts
      • 8k Reputation
      C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Being retired, we are in great shape. We've worked hard all those earlier years to be here in good shape.

      I think that anyone who loves their country and does not take everything for granted in life - and knows at least a bit of relevant history on the subject - has to look at the despair down the road.

      Anyone who lived through World Wars and the depression... they don't take life and good things for granted.

      They would protect current America from despair.

      I don't get it - we are headed toward dangerous despair territory, including

      illegals being shipped all over our country.

      Big serious trouble is now here, and it's looking far worse than we imagined.

      I'm working more and more on wild edibles and medicines - tinctures, poultices etc. It's fascinating to me - it's what the

      pioneers and American Indian tribes depended on in many ways.

      I'm concerned about all the corrupt fake mmgw taxes they want ot levee.

      Of most concern, is the plan to tax mileage. That should empty shelves in all grocery stores fairly quick

      when Trucker companies can't make a profit and the workers go on strike across the board. or, they raise prices sky high and most

      folks won't be able to buy food and medicine even if they could find it for sale.

      All hell could break loose, including crime everywhere, especially by illegals.

      However, America shifts direction to keep on course. Looking back - parties have switched majority authority back and forth, back and forth again and again.

        So, I expect that to happen with both houses of Congress in 2022. if we can prevent another election from being tainted by serious voter fraud - (mainly ballot harvesting).

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • AxeA Axe

         I'm talking to the many of us that are either considering retirement or already have.

        How do you feel about where you are now and how the last 9 months of insanity has affected where you are and your long term plans of the last 20-30 yrs?

        How drastically has your outlook changed in the last short 9 months given the rising prices of damn near everything?

        The US dollar at present is, the world currency. When foreign nations do business, the first thing they do is buy US dollars to do so. China wants to supplant the US dollar with the renminbi or yuan (which ever you prefer to call it) and they WILL succeed. It's just a question of time. LET'S GO BRANDON"!! ?

        So, how comfortable are ya?  How much is enough?

        Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
        • 39k Posts
        • 9k Reputation
        W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @axe said:

         I'm talking to the many of us that are either considering retirement or already have.

        How do you feel about where you are now and how the last 9 months of insanity has affected where you are and your long term plans of the last 20-30 yrs?

        How drastically has your outlook changed in the last short 9 months given the rising prices of damn near everything?

        The US dollar at present is, the world currency. When foreign nations do business, the first thing they do is buy US dollars to do so. China wants to supplant the US dollar with the renminbi or yuan (which ever you prefer to call it) and they WILL succeed. It's just a question of time. LET'S GO BRANDON"!! ?

        So, how comfortable are ya?  How much is enough?

        I'm in good shape. Am I concerned that this ridiculous over spending is going to drive inflation so high that everybody is going to be broke no matter how much money they have left? Sure. Hopefully I have enough and distributed well enough to not get murdered when the recession gets here. But I'm not going to retire until I can't get a gig anywhere.

        WSS

        www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
          • 28k Posts
          • 6k Reputation
          DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I'm in good shape right now, but who knows what will happen in the future.

          "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • hammertime hammertimeH Dedicated Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
            • 4k Posts
            • 2k Reputation
            hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I’ll pull my pension in 2 years 

            probaly keep working another 5-7

            The mrs has an equivalent retirement plan so we’re good unless it disappeares

            guns don't kill kids-pitt bulls do.
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 10k Posts
              • 8k Reputation
              AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by Axe
              #6

              I've always operated with the thought that if you didn't have a net worth of seven digits left of the decimal point then you probably shouldn't retire. Now I'm starting to think the first digit of the seven needs to be a crooked number.  And don' depend on Social Security.

              Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
              W 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • AxeA Axe

                I've always operated with the thought that if you didn't have a net worth of seven digits left of the decimal point then you probably shouldn't retire. Now I'm starting to think the first digit of the seven needs to be a crooked number.  And don' depend on Social Security.

                Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                • 39k Posts
                • 9k Reputation
                W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                #7

                @axe said:

                I've always operated with the thought if you didn't have a net worth of seven digits left of the decimal point then you probably shouldn't retire. Now I'm starting to think the first digit of the seven needs to be a crooked number.  And don' depend on Social Security.

                Nobody should depend on Social Security I don't think that's what it was meant for. In other news people shouldn't assume that they can feed an entire family and pay rent on minimum wage. Kind of an incentive to take a little responsibility for their own finances. You are substantially younger than I am, I'm 68, and the reason I won't retire to because I like what I do. I'm guessing you do too.

                But if we have another depression we're all fucked anyway..

                WSS

                www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                AxeA 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • W Westside Steve

                  @axe said:

                  I've always operated with the thought if you didn't have a net worth of seven digits left of the decimal point then you probably shouldn't retire. Now I'm starting to think the first digit of the seven needs to be a crooked number.  And don' depend on Social Security.

                  Nobody should depend on Social Security I don't think that's what it was meant for. In other news people shouldn't assume that they can feed an entire family and pay rent on minimum wage. Kind of an incentive to take a little responsibility for their own finances. You are substantially younger than I am, I'm 68, and the reason I won't retire to because I like what I do. I'm guessing you do too.

                  But if we have another depression we're all fucked anyway..

                  WSS

                  Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 10k Posts
                  • 8k Reputation
                  AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @westside-steve said:

                   You are substantially younger than I am, I'm 68.

                  WSS

                  No, I'm not.. 😉

                  Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
                  W 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • AxeA Axe

                    @westside-steve said:

                     You are substantially younger than I am, I'm 68.

                    WSS

                    No, I'm not.. 😉

                    Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                    • 39k Posts
                    • 9k Reputation
                    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @axe said:

                    No, I'm not.. 😉

                    I thought you were somewhere in your fifties? No point hiding your age here there aren't any women to impress. And the gay men aren't good looking enough to bother with.

                    ????

                    WSS

                    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 10k Posts
                      • 8k Reputation
                      AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Not hiding 😉 I'm north of 64. I hope to retire in January.

                      Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
                      W 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • AxeA Axe

                        Not hiding 😉 I'm north of 64. I hope to retire in January.

                        Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                        • 39k Posts
                        • 9k Reputation
                        W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @axe said:

                        Not hiding 😉 I'm north of 64. I hope to retire in January.

                        I guess I was mistaken. First time for everything. You got to quit playing?

                        WSS

                        www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 10k Posts
                          • 8k Reputation
                          AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by Axe
                          #12

                          No, I'll never quit playing but I wont ever gig again and Arthur is slowing my hands down. 🙁  I'll always continue to make music, we just released our second cd

                          One of the test discs

                          image.thumb.png.8a6d16a6a9e61a3269317b72bcd30dc7.png

                          I'm selling one of our businesses because I'm staring at back surgery and will be down for a while. It's been a bad bad yr. I'm also down 65lbs. Not good lbs either.

                          Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
                          W gumby73G 2 Replies Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • AxeA Axe

                            No, I'll never quit playing but I wont ever gig again and Arthur is slowing my hands down. 🙁  I'll always continue to make music, we just released our second cd

                            One of the test discs

                            image.thumb.png.8a6d16a6a9e61a3269317b72bcd30dc7.png

                            I'm selling one of our businesses because I'm staring at back surgery and will be down for a while. It's been a bad bad yr. I'm also down 65lbs. Not good lbs either.

                            Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                            • 39k Posts
                            • 9k Reputation
                            W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @axe said:

                            No, I'll never quit playing but I wont ever gig again and Arthur is slowing my hands down. 🙁  I'll always continue to make music, we just released our second cd

                            One of the test discs

                            image.thumb.png.8a6d16a6a9e61a3269317b72bcd30dc7.png

                            I'm selling one of our businesses because I'm staring at back surgery and will be down for a while. It's been a bad bad yr. I'm also down 65lbs. Not good lbs either.

                            Well that sucks my friend.

                            WSS

                            www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • AxeA Axe

                              No, I'll never quit playing but I wont ever gig again and Arthur is slowing my hands down. 🙁  I'll always continue to make music, we just released our second cd

                              One of the test discs

                              image.thumb.png.8a6d16a6a9e61a3269317b72bcd30dc7.png

                              I'm selling one of our businesses because I'm staring at back surgery and will be down for a while. It's been a bad bad yr. I'm also down 65lbs. Not good lbs either.

                              gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 11k Posts
                              • 4k Reputation
                              gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @axe said:

                               I'm staring at back surgery and will be down for a while. It's been a bad bad yr. I'm also down 65lbs. Not good lbs either.

                              I'm in your same boat, with the bad back.. I've put it off for years..  the pain is beyond putting off any longer.  Chro's to Therapy, I've tried it all. Between my L4 & L5, I have a bone settling in against a nerve... Surgeon wants to trim (her words... grind  ?) that bone back away from the nerve.. I've read nothing good in results 

                              good luck to ya... 

                              58 years young & I'm done working the stroke of midnight on the date I can retire.. enough, will have to be enough !

                              Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                • 64k Posts
                                • 8k Reputation
                                C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                Congrats on everybody retiring ! it's awesome in my book.  I dealt with knee pain for many years. My knee was reconstructed in the summer after the ninth grade. I was retired when my knee completely gave out one evening at the grocery. I literally fell into her and she kept me from going to the floor.

                                I tried to hide it, but my Wife cried and said no more - you have to get your knee replaced. She knew I couldn't take the pain anymore.

                                So, I did. My surgeon, one of the very best, said my knee was the second worst he'd ever seen of thousands in his career.

                                    Medicare and supplemental took care of most all the bill. Don't wait, guys - the pain takes it's toll... at least for a temporary amount of time. I hope your back surgeries go excellently. Find the best dr around.

                                VamboV 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • FairHooker11 F Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                  • 4k Posts
                                  • 2k Reputation
                                  F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  https://thepostmillennial.com/watch-biden-admin-tax-unrealized-capital-gains?utm_campaign=64474&fbclid=IwAR1prtSn9ZSgeCMfKBgXcH81kS-ljZdnPjf23S_jU2mPLn34LGlgI6SE1yo

                                  Biden admin wants to tax increased value of assets before those assets are sold

                                  does this surprise us?

                                  how about you biden voters? 

                                  W 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • F FairHooker11

                                    https://thepostmillennial.com/watch-biden-admin-tax-unrealized-capital-gains?utm_campaign=64474&fbclid=IwAR1prtSn9ZSgeCMfKBgXcH81kS-ljZdnPjf23S_jU2mPLn34LGlgI6SE1yo

                                    Biden admin wants to tax increased value of assets before those assets are sold

                                    does this surprise us?

                                    how about you biden voters? 

                                    Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                    • 39k Posts
                                    • 9k Reputation
                                    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                                    #17

                                    @fairhooker11 said:

                                    https://thepostmillennial.com/watch-biden-admin-tax-unrealized-capital-gains?utm_campaign=64474&fbclid=IwAR1prtSn9ZSgeCMfKBgXcH81kS-ljZdnPjf23S_jU2mPLn34LGlgI6SE1yo

                                    Biden admin wants to tax increased value of assets before those assets are sold

                                    does this surprise us?

                                    how about you biden voters? 

                                    I looked into my crystal ball to see how they will answer:

                                    Trump trump Trump trump

                                    I don't really doubt they are embarrassed but they just can't admit it. Still Democrats and the Press try to softsell the upcoming depression.

                                    Even if Joe Manchin doesn't bend over I can't imagine it's not on the way.

                                    WSS

                                    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    👍
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • Canton Dawg Canton DawgC Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                                      • 12k Posts
                                      • 7k Reputation
                                      Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg
                                      #18

                                      After 6 weeks of retirement in March of this year, my boss called me and asked if I wanted to come back.

                                      I told him flatly….NO.

                                      Then he asked if I would consider part time, and I agreed providing I could work from home.

                                      Since the wife passed away, it gives me something to do in the mornings.

                                      Two things that will define you: Your determination when you have nothing. Your attitude when you have everything. - Mike McCartney
                                      DieHardBrownsFanD gumby73G C 3 Replies Last reply
                                      😢
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg

                                        After 6 weeks of retirement in March of this year, my boss called me and asked if I wanted to come back.

                                        I told him flatly….NO.

                                        Then he asked if I would consider part time, and I agreed providing I could work from home.

                                        Since the wife passed away, it gives me something to do in the mornings.

                                        DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                        • 28k Posts
                                        • 6k Reputation
                                        DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @canton-dawg said:

                                        After 6 weeks of retirement in March of this year, my boss called me and asked if I wanted to come back.

                                        I told him flatly….NO.

                                        Then he asked if I would consider part time, and I agreed providing I could work from home.

                                        Since the wife passed away, it gives me something to do in the mornings.

                                        Sorry to hear about your wife.

                                        "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        ❤
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • BaconHound B One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 5k Posts
                                          • 306 Reputation
                                          B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          Stock market is robust and consumer prices increase can be mitigated with individual decisions. Rising oil/energy prices are always a concern but one would hope that demand levels off as people spend their, “we didn’t travel during COVID nest egg”

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate