Skip to content

NFL Trade deadline 2021

The Browns Board
50 16 2.3k
  • @tour2ma said:

    It's business, gum... not personal.

    Business begins with Denzel Ward imho.. I'd like to trade a cannolo for a extra deadline week

    D.Ward draws Chase Claypool pre- deadline 

    Ja'marr Chase post-deadline.. (he's been crazy good)..

    I will note.. Greedy has been playing well.. but give the nod to Ward.. (but god please, just get both thru the season)

    I get your RB wear timeline... but Hunt is earning a fair deal he signed up for.. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @gumby73 said:

    Business begins with Denzel Ward imho.. I'd like to trade a cannolo for a extra deadline week

    D.Ward draws Chase Claypool pre- deadline 

    Ja'marr Chase post-deadline.. (he's been crazy good)..

    I will note.. Greedy has been playing well.. but give the nod to Ward.. (but god please, just get both thru the season)

    I get your RB wear timeline... but Hunt is earning a fair deal he signed up for.. 

    Respect your take, my friend, but disagree...

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Meanwhile.... behold the ultimate, 2021, CB rental falling from the sky...

    https://www.yahoo.com/now/patriots-cut-stephon-gilmore-120436680.html

  • Meanwhile.... behold the ultimate, 2021, CB rental falling from the sky...

    https://www.yahoo.com/now/patriots-cut-stephon-gilmore-120436680.html

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @tour2ma said:

    Meanwhile.... behold the ultimate, 2021, CB rental falling from the sky...

    https://www.yahoo.com/now/patriots-cut-stephon-gilmore-120436680.html

    Gilmore was traded last second, he's on the Panthers roster.

    Thinking out-loud, I wonder if Quandre Diggs would be available...?

  • Meanwhile.... behold the ultimate, 2021, CB rental falling from the sky...

    https://www.yahoo.com/now/patriots-cut-stephon-gilmore-120436680.html

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #22

    @tour2ma said:

    Meanwhile.... behold the ultimate, 2021, CB rental falling from the sky...

    CB Kyle Fuller (banger) catches my eyes here... https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-trade-deadline-2021-news-rumors-top-targets/16bcvaocqttaf1dycelw2v9b9u

    Denver could use a toss in like Mack Wilson too.. Rumors read a 3rd/4th to acquire Fuller https://predominantlyorange.com/2021/10/25/denver-broncos-kyle-fuller-trades-watch/

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Small move..

    Nick Foles for a 7th rounder.  Baker probably won’t be right.  
     

    Big move…

    Xavien Howard DB bigger CB hasn’t missed a game this year or last year.

  • I doubt our FO is going to look for any half season rentals.  If anything we will probably be sellers.  My saying "if anything" means we probably stand pat.

    I might move Hunt considering I have always felt that Johnson could be a very good back, verified by the other night, but Hunts current injury status hurts.

    We also would have to consider who we are trading with.  It's usually contending teams looking for a player like Hunt, and those are the teams we are hoping to be playing in January.  We aren't at the fire sale point where draft picks are the primary goal.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @ballpeen said:

    I doubt our FO is going to look for any half season rentals.  If anything we will probably be sellers.  My saying "if anything" means we probably stand pat.

    I might move Hunt considering I have always felt that Johnson could be a very good back, verified by the other night, but Hunts current injury status hurts.

    We also would have to consider who we are trading with.  It's usually contending teams looking for a player like Hunt, and those are the teams we are hoping to be playing in January.  We aren't at the fire sale point where draft picks are the primary goal.

    Hunt has arguably the most team friendly contract maybe one of the best contracts for production in the entire league. 
     

    Not only that he’s been our best weapon on offense or one of the best weapons each Sunday 

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    back to more fantasy ?

    not a fan of bleacher.. but i can get here.. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2949798-3-players-that-browns-must-consider-trading-for-at-2021-nfl-trade-deadline

    their top 15 trade board.. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2949784-2021-nfl-trade-block-big-board-entering-week-8  note.. no OBJ.. 2 bum shoulders/contract, comes into play 

    CBS chimes in with us dealing OBJ & Mariota is coming our way ?.. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/its-only-week-8-of-the-nfl-season-but-these-nine-nfc-teams-and-five-afc-teams-can-forget-about-the-playoffs/

    next Tuesday can't get here quick enough... #noise

  • @tour2ma said:

    It's business, gum... not personal.

    Take the canolli... 😉

    It's spelled cannoli...

    Here's something this guinea never knew until recently - cannoli is plural. 

    If you have one of those delicious phallic-shaped Italian pastries, you have a cannolo. 

    And that is the most useless fact you'll ever learn. ?

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @dutch-oven said:

    It's spelled cannoli...

    Here's something this guinea never knew until recently - cannoli is plural. 

    If you have one of those delicious phallic-shaped Italian pastries, you have a cannolo. 

    And that is the most useless fact you'll ever learn. ?

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Similarly, gnocchi is plural, and the singular is gnocco. 

    In italian, plural nouns end with -i. 

    Singular masculine nouns with - o and femenine with - a. 

    Italiano, italiana, italiani

    Fratello, (sorella), fratelli. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    It's spelled cannoli...

    Here's something this guinea never knew until recently - cannoli is plural. 

    If you have one of those delicious phallic-shaped Italian pastries, you have a cannolo. 

    And that is the most useless fact you'll ever learn. ?

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Similarly, gnocchi is plural, and the singular is gnocco. 

    In italian, plural nouns end with -i. 

    Singular masculine nouns with - o and femenine with - a. 

    Italiano, italiana, italiani

    Fratello, (sorella), fratelli. 

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @nero said:

    In italian, plural nouns end with -i. 

    Singular masculine nouns with - o and femenine with - a. 

    Italiano, italiana, italiani

    Fratello, (sorella), fratelli. 

    So if l have one Ferrari, is it a Ferraro?

  • @nero said:

    In italian, plural nouns end with -i. 

    Singular masculine nouns with - o and femenine with - a. 

    Italiano, italiana, italiani

    Fratello, (sorella), fratelli. 

    So if l have one Ferrari, is it a Ferraro?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @ibleedbrown said:

    So if l have one Ferrari, is it a Ferraro?

    NO... a Geraldine

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Apparently Texans owner is so inept he's letting Nick Caserio make decisions -- the market for Watson won't be there forever..

    Johnson apparently just got injured.. it may be time to trade for a DB.

  • Apparently Texans owner is so inept he's letting Nick Caserio make decisions -- the market for Watson won't be there forever..

    Johnson apparently just got injured.. it may be time to trade for a DB.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @unsympathetic said:

    Apparently Texans owner is so inept he's letting Nick Caserio make decisions -- the market for Watson won't be there forever..

    Johnson apparently just got injured.. it may be time to trade for a DB.

    I said it aloud and I'll say it again, I wonder if Quandre is available. 

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #31

    Texan shopping lists...

    image.thumb.png.d0587f61b544e3b45a4ff5a0f95e2e20.png

    image.thumb.png.80137b3ab855f039e7557b96db0debf0.png

    'll tel ya.... there are some players there. And if the sale is deeply discounted I'd go after...

    D-side:

    • Zac Cunningham
    • Blacklock can anchor... 'bout all he can do, but...
    • Dez King was a CB of note in the draft.... big kid.
    • I liked Murray (SS) quit a bit. Ditto FS Jusrin Reid, but Safety helpisn't that high on our list... or is it, tia?
    • My Coug, Omenihu would add to our Edge depth/ rotation

    O:.friendly

    • I scouted Jimmy Morrisey (C, Pitt rookie) Plenty to like with room to grow/improve. Nice ZBS fit with some anchor (6'3, 303) and better fit to swing to OG than Harris has shown. Nice piece should Tretter want a bit too big of a cap bite to stick around.
    • Titus Howard... big, raw RT from a small school was an intriguing draft prospect. Not sure where his development is, but another, more cap friendly  Conklin alt would not suck.
  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    I’m thinking we are more sellers at this point. 

    And our “buying” is getting our team healthy…if that happens this season. 
     

  • 7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Baker, OBJ ,Ronnie Harrison for Watson .

  • Texan shopping lists...

    image.thumb.png.d0587f61b544e3b45a4ff5a0f95e2e20.png

    image.thumb.png.80137b3ab855f039e7557b96db0debf0.png

    'll tel ya.... there are some players there. And if the sale is deeply discounted I'd go after...

    D-side:

    • Zac Cunningham
    • Blacklock can anchor... 'bout all he can do, but...
    • Dez King was a CB of note in the draft.... big kid.
    • I liked Murray (SS) quit a bit. Ditto FS Jusrin Reid, but Safety helpisn't that high on our list... or is it, tia?
    • My Coug, Omenihu would add to our Edge depth/ rotation

    O:.friendly

    • I scouted Jimmy Morrisey (C, Pitt rookie) Plenty to like with room to grow/improve. Nice ZBS fit with some anchor (6'3, 303) and better fit to swing to OG than Harris has shown. Nice piece should Tretter want a bit too big of a cap bite to stick around.
    • Titus Howard... big, raw RT from a small school was an intriguing draft prospect. Not sure where his development is, but another, more cap friendly  Conklin alt would not suck.
    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @tour2ma said:

    Texan shopping lists...

    image.thumb.png.d0587f61b544e3b45a4ff5a0f95e2e20.png

    image.thumb.png.80137b3ab855f039e7557b96db0debf0.png

    'll tel ya.... there are some players there. And if the sale is deeply discounted I'd go after...

    D-side:

    • Zac Cunningham
    • Blacklock can anchor... 'bout all he can do, but...
    • Dez King was a CB of note in the draft.... big kid.
    • I liked Murray (SS) quit a bit. Ditto FS Jusrin Reid, but Safety helpisn't that high on our list... or is it, tia?
    • My Coug, Omenihu would add to our Edge depth/ rotation

    O:.friendly

    • I scouted Jimmy Morrisey (C, Pitt rookie) Plenty to like with room to grow/improve. Nice ZBS fit with some anchor (6'3, 303) and better fit to swing to OG than Harris has shown. Nice piece should Tretter want a bit too big of a cap bite to stick around.
    • Titus Howard... big, raw RT from a small school was an intriguing draft prospect. Not sure where his development is, but another, more cap friendly  Conklin alt would not suck.

    S help is still high on the list.  Harrison is incredibly limited in his deployment, Delpit is a redshirt freshman and playing like it.  Johnny J is banged up and is at his best when being used as our chess piece.

    I've said Quandre Diggs name twice. I'm hoping on the 3rd time it becomes reality.  Haven't watched enough Justin Reid to give an opinion one way or the other.  I do know at one point he was a rising name in the NFL for young DB's though. 

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #35

    Giants are blowing it up and so everything's available outside of Toney and Barkley. [also, tool tip of the day: Hold down Windows+Shift+S to create a screenshot]

    image.png.cd9a5c9a29401c7dc8fe99623436d7cf.png

    I say all that to say.. Julian Love is my dark-horse S trade candidate.. not for much, a round 6.. He's asked to be their duct tape; he can do better having just one assignment.  Or Xavier McKinney, but that whole broken foot thing turns me off.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #36

    Effin Von Miller for a 2022 2nd and 3rd?

    Holy fire sale shit... who else Denver got?

    image.thumb.png.93578752de53a4f77d0db41f6479d17e.png

  • Effin Von Miller for a 2022 2nd and 3rd?

    Holy fire sale shit... who else Denver got?

    image.thumb.png.93578752de53a4f77d0db41f6479d17e.png

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @tour2ma said:

    Effin Von Miller for a 2022 2nd and 3rd?

    Holy fire sale shit... who else Denver got?

    Said it elsewhere Tour. The Rams 100% mortgaged their future for one shot at a ring.  Had to check- they have no first or second round picks in 2022 or 2035.  

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Andre Dillard might be available? 

    @tour2ma, I know we spoke of him several times when he was still at Wazzou.