Skip to content

NFL Trade deadline 2021

The Browns Board
50 16 2.3k
  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #1

    4 PM Tuesday Nov. 2 2021

    1) Your position(s) of needed upgrade ?

    2) Who's on your Browns roster Trading block ?

    3) Any Names/contracts you would target via trade ?

    4) Does Mack Wilson really get Traded ?... Yes   or     No 

    Keep'em Real ?  

  • 4 PM Tuesday Nov. 2 2021

    1) Your position(s) of needed upgrade ?

    2) Who's on your Browns roster Trading block ?

    3) Any Names/contracts you would target via trade ?

    4) Does Mack Wilson really get Traded ?... Yes   or     No 

    Keep'em Real ?  

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Not really feelin' it on us trading.

    @gumby73 said:

    4) Does Mack Wilson really get Traded ?... Yes   or     No 

    ...and he just had a huge game (for him).  Made 4 solo tackles.  

  • 4 PM Tuesday Nov. 2 2021

    1) Your position(s) of needed upgrade ?

    2) Who's on your Browns roster Trading block ?

    3) Any Names/contracts you would target via trade ?

    4) Does Mack Wilson really get Traded ?... Yes   or     No 

    Keep'em Real ?  

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Bold starting talk... https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2021/10/25/22742062/5-daring-moves-the-browns-could-make-before-the-nfl-trade-deadline

    @gumby73 said:

    1) Your position(s) of needed upgrade ?   CB/LB/S   Swing Tackle

  • Bold starting talk... https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2021/10/25/22742062/5-daring-moves-the-browns-could-make-before-the-nfl-trade-deadline

    @gumby73 said:

    1) Your position(s) of needed upgrade ?   CB/LB/S   Swing Tackle

    N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @gumby73 said:

    Bold starting talk... https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2021/10/25/22742062/5-daring-moves-the-browns-could-make-before-the-nfl-trade-deadline

    I read the article and there is some of the stupid shit I been seeing,  like trading Hunt for a corner or some shit. Kareem is another one of those players that plays violent and leaves it out on the field. I never heard about him being unhappy with his role on the team so why would you trade him. If fact, I think he enjoys being back home since he is from Elyria. 

    If you are trying to change the culture, you don't trade your best players who actually like being here??

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Ronnie Harrison is a very good safety?  

    Dude is the worst DB we have...

  • 4 PM Tuesday Nov. 2 2021

    1) Your position(s) of needed upgrade ?

    2) Who's on your Browns roster Trading block ?

    3) Any Names/contracts you would target via trade ?

    4) Does Mack Wilson really get Traded ?... Yes   or     No 

    Keep'em Real ?  

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @gumby73 said:

    4 PM Tuesday Nov. 2 2021

    1) Your position(s) of needed upgrade ?

    2) Who's on your Browns roster Trading block ?

    3) Any Names/contracts you would target via trade ?

    4) Does Mack Wilson really get Traded ?... Yes   or     No 

    First off one has to decide if you are a "seller" or a "buyer". With no SB in sight that I can see, I am a seller... not a "tear it all down" seller, but a seller.

    Combine that with my evolving RPO/ZBS "theory(?)" and I get...

    1. DT/ 2022 Draft/LB
    2. Conklin still has decent value, but not living up to contract. Possibly Ward...
    3. Nope... I'm selling... not renting soon to be UFAs.
  • Bold starting talk... https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2021/10/25/22742062/5-daring-moves-the-browns-could-make-before-the-nfl-trade-deadline

    @gumby73 said:

    1) Your position(s) of needed upgrade ?   CB/LB/S   Swing Tackle

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #7

    @gumby73 said:

    Bold starting talk... https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2021/10/25/22742062/5-daring-moves-the-browns-could-make-before-the-nfl-trade-deadline

    @neo said:

    I read the article and there is some of the stupid shit I been seeing,  like trading Hunt for a corner or some shit. Kareem is another one of those players that plays violent and leaves it out on the field. I never heard about him being unhappy with his role on the team so why would you trade him. If fact, I think he enjoys being back home since he is from Elyria. 

    If you are trying to change the culture, you don't trade your best players who actually like being here??

    Sorry Spain, but great trade there for us.... hell... I'd throw in Ward just to seal it. At 6'1, 198 Howard has a shot at playing a full season.

    Hunt? Once great.... and gave it his all to date this season... and got hurt in the process. Dude was a baller, but now he is in his 6th year of a job where the average life is... 2.6 years.

    Doesn't help that he runs like a much bigger man to boot. Admirable? Sure, but... career shortening.

    image.thumb.png.6e581df4f514688b28c72d33f400e78c.png

    Can't get sentimental... Sancho... 😉 , but say hello to Dulcinea for me.

    I did not know the league average was so low across all positions....

  • N Neo

    @gumby73 said:

    Bold starting talk... https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2021/10/25/22742062/5-daring-moves-the-browns-could-make-before-the-nfl-trade-deadline

    I read the article and there is some of the stupid shit I been seeing,  like trading Hunt for a corner or some shit. Kareem is another one of those players that plays violent and leaves it out on the field. I never heard about him being unhappy with his role on the team so why would you trade him. If fact, I think he enjoys being back home since he is from Elyria. 

    If you are trying to change the culture, you don't trade your best players who actually like being here??

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @neo said:

    I read the article and there is some of the stupid shit I been seeing,  like trading Hunt for a corner or some shit. Kareem is another one of those players that plays violent and leaves it out on the field. I never heard about him being unhappy with his role on the team so why would you trade him. If fact, I think he enjoys being back home since he is from Elyria. 

    If you are trying to change the culture, you don't trade your best players who actually like being here??

    fully agree.. ?

    I'm a Toledo Rocket grad, so I was elated to see Hunt sign back near home... The guy has pushed to dang hard to get right, after one bad hotel night.. I'm not moving Hunt nor De'Ernest.. They both seem to like their playing roles here.. Perfect enough in my eyes

    Can't see pricey moves such has X.Howard nor Marcus Maye happening with this FO 

  • @neo said:

    I read the article and there is some of the stupid shit I been seeing,  like trading Hunt for a corner or some shit. Kareem is another one of those players that plays violent and leaves it out on the field. I never heard about him being unhappy with his role on the team so why would you trade him. If fact, I think he enjoys being back home since he is from Elyria. 

    If you are trying to change the culture, you don't trade your best players who actually like being here??

    fully agree.. ?

    I'm a Toledo Rocket grad, so I was elated to see Hunt sign back near home... The guy has pushed to dang hard to get right, after one bad hotel night.. I'm not moving Hunt nor De'Ernest.. They both seem to like their playing roles here.. Perfect enough in my eyes

    Can't see pricey moves such has X.Howard nor Marcus Maye happening with this FO 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @gumby73 said:

    'm a Toledo Rocket grad,

    It's business, gum... not personal.

    Take the canolli... 😉

  • @gumby73 said:

    'm a Toledo Rocket grad,

    It's business, gum... not personal.

    Take the canolli... 😉

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @tour2ma said:

    It's business, gum... not personal.

    Take the canolli... 😉

    It's spelled cannoli...

    Here's something this guinea never knew until recently - cannoli is plural. 

    If you have one of those delicious phallic-shaped Italian pastries, you have a cannolo. 

    And that is the most useless fact you'll ever learn. ?

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #11

    And I often put the em-PHA-sis on the wrong syl-lab-BLE. Sue me... 😉

    Just starting my Italian lessons... hoping to go to Sicily this summer. Would be my first time there... freakin love Italy an hear Sicily is even more laid back... at least so long as one minds his own business.

    Bout time I learned the language...

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Well I've never been to Spain but I've had some cannolis........ think about it

  • @gumby73 said:

    'm a Toledo Rocket grad,

    It's business, gum... not personal.

    Take the canolli... 😉

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @tour2ma said:

    It's business, gum... not personal.

    Business begins with Denzel Ward imho.. I'd like to trade a cannolo for a extra deadline week

    D.Ward draws Chase Claypool pre- deadline 

    Ja'marr Chase post-deadline.. (he's been crazy good)..

    I will note.. Greedy has been playing well.. but give the nod to Ward.. (but god please, just get both thru the season)

    I get your RB wear timeline... but Hunt is earning a fair deal he signed up for.. 

  • B Browns fan 1977 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    OBJ was nothing like we hoped it would be, I would not be upset if he was gone, Injury or not dude dropped some passes that were in his hands, at this point OBJ is another D Bowe or Britt. Came here to get paid and did nothing. Although OBJ shined at Dallas last season but 1 great game in 3 seasons is not enough to keep you . 

  • Ronnie Harrison is a very good safety?  

    Dude is the worst DB we have...

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #15

    @tiamat63 said:

    Ronnie Harrison is a very good safety?  

    Dude is the worst DB we have...

    I'd like to see Richard LeCounte steal some of his reps.. Delpit has looked lost back there too at times... 

  • @tour2ma said:

    It's business, gum... not personal.

    Take the canolli... 😉

    It's spelled cannoli...

    Here's something this guinea never knew until recently - cannoli is plural. 

    If you have one of those delicious phallic-shaped Italian pastries, you have a cannolo. 

    And that is the most useless fact you'll ever learn. ?

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @dutch-oven said:

    It's spelled cannoli...

    Here's something this guinea never knew until recently - cannoli is plural. 

    If you have one of those delicious phallic-shaped Italian pastries, you have a cannolo. 

    And that is the most useless fact you'll ever learn. ?

    Similarly, gnocchi is plural, and the singular is gnocco. 

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #17

    Me? I'm not making any major moves at the trade deadline.  Unless any top Defensive coordinators are available.  😁

    PS- I'm not a big fan of Italian vino. I think Barolo is both singular and plural. Or at least in America it's  Barolos,  not Baroli. 

    And just HELL NO to moving Hunt or Ward.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #18

    I doubt our FO is going to look for any half season rentals.  If anything we will probably be sellers.  My saying "if anything" means we probably stand pat.

    I might move Hunt considering I have always felt that Johnson could be a very good back, verified by the other night, but Hunts current injury status hurts.

    We also would have to consider who we are trading with.  It's usually contending teams looking for a player like Hunt, and those are the teams we are hoping to be playing in January.  We aren't at the fire sale point where draft picks are the primary goal.

  • @tour2ma said:

    It's business, gum... not personal.

    Business begins with Denzel Ward imho.. I'd like to trade a cannolo for a extra deadline week

    D.Ward draws Chase Claypool pre- deadline 

    Ja'marr Chase post-deadline.. (he's been crazy good)..

    I will note.. Greedy has been playing well.. but give the nod to Ward.. (but god please, just get both thru the season)

    I get your RB wear timeline... but Hunt is earning a fair deal he signed up for.. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @gumby73 said:

    Business begins with Denzel Ward imho.. I'd like to trade a cannolo for a extra deadline week

    D.Ward draws Chase Claypool pre- deadline 

    Ja'marr Chase post-deadline.. (he's been crazy good)..

    I will note.. Greedy has been playing well.. but give the nod to Ward.. (but god please, just get both thru the season)

    I get your RB wear timeline... but Hunt is earning a fair deal he signed up for.. 

    Respect your take, my friend, but disagree...

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Meanwhile.... behold the ultimate, 2021, CB rental falling from the sky...

    https://www.yahoo.com/now/patriots-cut-stephon-gilmore-120436680.html