Skip to content

Tony Romo next on cancel list

The Browns Board
17 10 522 1
  • Is Tony’s wife okay with the comment? And Really  none our business

    Is Giselle offended?   
     

    Let’s move on.   
     

  • Move on from Giselle?

  • Zombo said:

    Seems like a totally innocuous comment. Certainly not thread worthy.

    Z

    But... but... but... CANCEL CULTURE ZOMBO! ERGHHHHHHHHHHH! 

    ?

  • Over their life to date, Giselle has earned 5x more as a model than Romo did as a football player.. And Brady comes in at 2.5x Romo's earnings.

    This thread is today's example where the phrase "cancel culture" is short for "Someone experiences actual consequences when they get caught doing stupid shit".

  • Over their life to date, Giselle has earned 5x more as a model than Romo did as a football player.. And Brady comes in at 2.5x Romo's earnings.

    This thread is today's example where the phrase "cancel culture" is short for "Someone experiences actual consequences when they get caught doing stupid shit".

    @unsympathetic said:

    Fuck the feelings of whiny conservative snowflakes who need a safe space.

    Settle down shirley

  • There can be NO comedy!  No satire!   No more joking around!   ......  And LIKE IT!

  • There can be NO comedy!  No satire!   No more joking around!   ......  And LIKE IT!

    @orion said:

    There can be NO comedy!

    More comedy out now than at any point in history.  There's this new thing called a podcast - perhaps you've heard of it.

    Romo's comment, however.. wasn't funny in any way.  Pretty sure you don't want to analyze the "joke" structure or consider the setup.. because there wasn't any.. because he didn't workshop it.. and so it didn't land.

    Nobody's stopping anybody from "Doing Comedy."  People are, however, not supporting people who aren't funny.. because there's more than enough people who are actually talented who are also constantly putting out new material.

    This, by the way, is the actual issue with every public person who ever complains about how "They're Cancelled" or "They Can't Say Something" -- no, instead of wasting that breath, that public person could easily just said whatever they felt instead of interjecting the nonsense about how they can't.  But that public person knows their audience will in fact drop because of stupidity...You know, like how an actual free market does and should respond to nonsensical BS.

    It isn't some imposed external force, it's the potential audience actually responding with their $$.  This is why people whining about "cancel culture" are actually saying "I think I should get to keep doing ridiculous shit but experience no consequences"

  • @kvoethe said:

    Said on mike...he should trade the ball for a date with Giselle

    He haw. 😁 However- I saw elsewhere (said by a memorabilia expert) that fan made the the worst deal since Kobe got traded to the Lakers.  Shocked me, but according to him, Brady's 600th TD ball would have been worth at least $500,000. 

    @hoorta said:

    He haw. 😁 However- I saw elsewhere (said by a memorabilia expert) that fan made the the worst deal since Kobe got traded to the Lakers.  Shocked me, but according to him, Brady's 600th TD ball would have been worth at least $500,000. 

    He would have to pay taxes ..huge taxes

  • @hoorta said:

    He haw. 😁 However- I saw elsewhere (said by a memorabilia expert) that fan made the the worst deal since Kobe got traded to the Lakers.  Shocked me, but according to him, Brady's 600th TD ball would have been worth at least $500,000. 

    He would have to pay taxes ..huge taxes

    @kvoethe said:

    He would have to pay taxes ..huge taxes

    Was the dude's income under $80k? If yes, no cap gain tax... surprised me as well.

    https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/100515/5-ways-reduce-your-taxes-after-windfall-gain.asp

    I guess you did hear about the deficit-busting, 2020 tax cut for the middle class? Wait.... that was the Corporate giveaway and the elimination of the estate tax. So the dude could have held onto the ball for life... no tax. Of course hold an asset 12 months and now you are in a long-term hold staus and the tax bite is a mere 15%.

    LMAO....

  • Well, I read the entire thread and still have no idea what has happened. 

    ^ I don't have the vocabulary to express just how thankful I am for that. 

  • Romo said Brady should prostitute his wife for something that happened during a game.

    That comment gets Romo called out as saying some wildly dumb shit.  I don't think it's gone any further at this point, mainly because Romo doesn't rate to Brady. 

    Something something Cancel culture

  • Move on from Giselle?

    @tour2ma said:

    Move on from Giselle?

     Not to offend my wife but I would have a hard time 

  • I am sure yo wife as a couple subs in mind as well... 😉

    TB12 revealed on the Manning Bros' show last nite that he gave the guy a Bitcoin. Around $60k today, but that'll be a definite hold... just don''t lose the code. ?

  • Wow we have the Rona Barrett section ... I guess we should expect Rex Reed to come galloping along shortly... "Blech"

  • I am sure yo wife as a couple subs in mind as well... 😉

    TB12 revealed on the Manning Bros' show last nite that he gave the guy a Bitcoin. Around $60k today, but that'll be a definite hold... just don''t lose the code. ?

    @tour2ma said:

    I am sure yo wife as a couple subs in mind as well... 😉

    TB12 revealed on the Manning Bros' show last nite that he gave the guy a Bitcoin. Around $60k today, but that'll be a definite hold... just don''t lose the code. ?

    If you're talking about the guy- with the 600th TD ball, he got a lot more than that.  🙂  

    "The Bucs on Monday said they are giving Kennedy two signed jerseys and a helmet from Brady, a signed Evans jersey, Evans’ game cleats, a $1,000 credit at their team store, and two season passes for the remainder of this season, as well as next season, and Brady was giving him a Bitcoin." If I had to guess, that's about $100k in memorabilia, + the $60k bitcoin, not counting probably $5k worth of season tickets. He made out OK.   

    https://www.tampabay.com/sports/2021/10/24/st-petersburg-man-gets-600th-tom-brady-touchdown-ball-gives-it-back/