Alright. Alright Alright... about halfway thru 2021 so time to start talking about who you are watchingng
-
I'm really torn on which Ohio State WR I would take if both were available...
What say you tia, Sdbacker, anyone else?
I'm really torn on which Ohio State WR I would take if both were available...
I can't remember the last time a Buckeye WR even went in the 1st round? Cris Carter nor Micheal Thomas went.. Now they see two !
I'd take 2 better than Terry McLaurin's at this point..
How much do you weigh the OBJ/Diggs factor? Play-calling/QB? I have a real concern of attracting a good FA WR if Landry is not paid again (tagged?) or walks? Could see 2 or 3 WR's drafted?
I've watched a ton of tape on WR Jameson Williams<<<<< that dude is solid in this 3 man race (Wilson/Olave) 1 looks to be gone before we get on clock.. ways to go
-
I'm really torn on which Ohio State WR I would take if both were available...
What say you tia, Sdbacker, anyone else?
I'm really torn on which Ohio State WR I would take if both were available...
What say you tia, Sdbacker, anyone else?
Wilson would probably be my preference.
-
I'd go Wilson too
But depending on where we pick, I think I'd prefer BPA and not reaching on need.
-
IT's a deep wr draft - I won't be surprised if the Browns go best player - but Wilson IS that good. He may not even be there.
-
time to notch this thread back up
Thanks to @unsympathetic ..I've found this link as the most compelling draft link out there... https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/teams/2022/cleveland-browns
Loads of good compiled findings can be found at top of link (I'd label it... "The board before prospects are put to any testings"
Just over 550 consensus Mock Drafts have been compiled into a rather competitive board..
Really enjoying it's Mock Draft Simulator... Drafting for Browns Needs ? Plenty of good trade back or Up options maybe needed..
Good Luck ! https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-draft-simulator (no signups are needed)
-
No Trades.. Straight Up
Garrett Wilson.. in 10 attempts.. Got to pick 13.. only four times...
-
13Round: 1WR | Ohio State
-
44Round: 2EDGE | Penn State
-
78Round: 3WR | Alabama
-
103Round: 4LB | Nebraska
-
114Round: 4
-
153Round: 5
-
192Round: 6IOL | Georgia
-
219Round: 7
I'm not mad with the Metchie selection in the 3rd... Cuz, most won't be happy with the position talent left at either opposites of Edge or DT left at 3rd... a FA DT (or 2) saves cap vs a Edge FA..
Tackles ? ain't none left worth a ?, after the 2nd round... Backup FA swing Tackle there also..
-
-
I can't remember who said they were interviewing Chris Olave, Garrett Wilson and Jaxon Smith-Njiba together (maybe Herbstreit?) but the interviewer point-blank asked all three who the best WR was in the room.
Both Olave and Wilson pointed at Smith-Njiba.
I can't remember who said they were interviewing Chris Olave, Garrett Wilson and Jaxon Smith-Njiba together (maybe Herbstreit?) but the interviewer point-blank asked all three who the best WR was in the room.
Both Olave and Wilson pointed at Smith-Njiba.
good ole mel have us taking Wilson with the 13th pick
-
I can't remember who said they were interviewing Chris Olave, Garrett Wilson and Jaxon Smith-Njiba together (maybe Herbstreit?) but the interviewer point-blank asked all three who the best WR was in the room.
Both Olave and Wilson pointed at Smith-Njiba.
good ole mel have us taking Wilson with the 13th pick
-
I'd be pretty happy with the results of this mock from Charlie Campbell.
1 WR Treylon Burks [Arkansas]
2 DI Phidarian Mathis [Alabama]
3 Edge Cameron Thomas [SD State] -
TE list for rounds 4+: Chigoziem Okonkwo, Jelani Woods, Armani Rodgers [athletic freak] -- TE2 doesn't have to be bad at blocking.
-
Jay Rose. I want this kid for the Browns. I don't know what round. Hope no other NFL team knows about him. lol
-
Who's out there watching some of these Senior Bowl Practice Reps? ?
I'm starting to like the position of need depth in this class... Not only the WR class appears to be loaded ?
I'm grown man crushing on T Trevor Penning.. ? many others are out there making money...
Who ya got ?
-
https://draftwire.usatoday.com/lists/nfl-draft-senior-bowl-2022-news-notes-highlights-tuesday/
South Alabama WR Jalen Tolbert with a nice adjustment back to the ball on a go-route on the final play of 7v7. Big play.
— Alex Kozora (@Alex_Kozora) February 1, 2022
and Kinnard was picked post-practice to go against Johnson. Johnson? Trade down, pick Johnson, EDGE ? Draft two wr's in the second round?
#Lions HC Duce Staley picked Kentucky OL Darian Kinnard and Florida State EDGE Jermaine Johnson for post-practice 1-on-1. Rep 1 winner: Johnson pic.twitter.com/fWCpMkMGnd
— Jim Nagy (@JimNagy_SB) February 1, 2022
**********************************************************
Jermaine Johnson put KINNARD on the GROUND ??? lol
Johnson was arguably the best player on the field on Tuesday. With a combination of power, his tentacle-like arms, physicality, and an array of pass rush moves, he consistently lived in the backfield. The former Florida State product raised eyebrows with a spin move on Kentucky’s Darian Kinnard in the early stages of one-on-ones, and they both got the spotlight at the end of practice where Johnson put Kinnard on the turf before losing the next two. If stays hot the rest of the week, Johnson could see himself taken in the first round.
-
Senior Bowl easy 15 likes ...
Edge-- Jermaine Johnson- Myjai Sanders- Arnold Ebiketie
DT-- Devonte Wyatt- Travis Jones- Perrion Winfrey- Phidarian Mathis
OL-- Trevor Penning- Jamaree Salyer- Zion Johnson
DB-- Roger McCreary- Kerby Joseph- Jalen Pitre
TE-- Trey McBride- Isaiah Likely
Combining Shrine & Senior bowl... This WR class has a solid chance of going a good 5-6 rounds deep..
QB's..... A Firm Pass! I'm not convinced on any of them.. Pickett included ?
-
Senior Bowl easy 15 likes ...
Edge-- Jermaine Johnson- Myjai Sanders- Arnold Ebiketie
DT-- Devonte Wyatt- Travis Jones- Perrion Winfrey- Phidarian Mathis
OL-- Trevor Penning- Jamaree Salyer- Zion Johnson
DB-- Roger McCreary- Kerby Joseph- Jalen Pitre
TE-- Trey McBride- Isaiah Likely
Combining Shrine & Senior bowl... This WR class has a solid chance of going a good 5-6 rounds deep..
QB's..... A Firm Pass! I'm not convinced on any of them.. Pickett included ?
-
100% with you on that one.. this is not the season.. Wait for CJ Stroud?
count 4* of 5 of these guys gone in top 5 picks of 2023...
1 OLB Will Anderson Jr* COMING SOON Alabama So 31 20.4 6031 243 6.5 8.5 2 QB Bryce Young* COMING SOON Alabama So 9 20.5 5112 194 3 QB C.J. Stroud* COMING SOON Ohio State rFr 7 20.3 6022 215 4 RB Bijan Robinson COMING SOON Texas So 5 20.0 5116 220 5 WR Jaxon Smith-Njigba* COMING SOON Ohio State So 11 20.0
Do GM's tank ?
.. stay tuned..
-
NFL Combine invites are in... https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-scouting-combine-full-list-of-invited-prospects
Two Pre- Combine consensus player ratings..
https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/big-boards/2022/consensus-big-board-2022
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/buzzbigboard
Most sims agree, that WR is the browns top need..
DL draft depth looks to be deeper at DT than DE ? ..
No telling whom may shake out, ahead in Rounds 2 or 3a/3b...
-
Good article on the Edge players at the top of the draft, from the Plain Dealer
-
Good article on the Edge players at the top of the draft, from the Plain Dealer
Good article on the Edge players at the top of the draft, from the Plain Dealer
Nik Bonnito Oklahoma on Day 2.
undersized, but I’d use him in year 1 as a 3rd and long pash rush specialist. He’s probably more than capable in that role.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login