Henry Ruggs
-
I hate stupid. And this is the quintessential of stupidness. If you drink, you don't drive. He had multiple chances not to do so (fuck he could have slept in a hotel)
I hope he doesn't receive a special treatment. He has fucked up his life and still that won't get back that woman's life.
-
Ruggs had a loaded gun in the car
Seeing that you are British, I can see how you would think this is unique.
This is 'Mericuh, sir.
Seeing that you are British, I can see how you would think this is unique.
This is 'Mericuh, sir.
And Texas is now Super'merica. Before you even contemplate driving drunk, you can even have the loaded gun on your hip without any training or license. How's that for really stupid?
-
Seeing that you are British, I can see how you would think this is unique.
This is 'Mericuh, sir.
And Texas is now Super'merica. Before you even contemplate driving drunk, you can even have the loaded gun on your hip without any training or license. How's that for really stupid?
And Texas is now Super'merica. Before you even contemplate driving drunk, you can even have the loaded gun on your hip without any training or license. How's that for really stupid?
The movie Idiocracy wasn't meant to be a "How-To Manual".
-
Incompetence, yes, but corruption is more the key -- in that case, pols taking $$ from hedge funds [owner of gun mfgs] to prioritize hedgie profit over constituent lives.
People forget there was no such "Old West" where carrying in cities was possible.. you HAD to give up your gun at the edge of all towns. You know, a regulation..
-
Way back in the day, my best friend was going to Ohio State, went out there to visit. One of the roommates - had been driving back to college from home in Ohio...on his motorcycle. Driving at night, ....he hit a cow. He said he really wasn't speeding at all, was a careful driver.
He got all busted up, spent months in rehab trying to walk again, back surgeries, etc.....
but DRUNK WITH A LOADED GUN at 159 mph? It's too bad he won't get more than twenty. and killed a human being.
way too much money, no integrity no honor. worse than stupid.
-
Way back in the day, my best friend was going to Ohio State, went out there to visit. One of the roommates - had been driving back to college from home in Ohio...on his motorcycle. Driving at night, ....he hit a cow. He said he really wasn't speeding at all, was a careful driver.
He got all busted up, spent months in rehab trying to walk again, back surgeries, etc.....
but DRUNK WITH A LOADED GUN at 159 mph? It's too bad he won't get more than twenty. and killed a human being.
way too much money, no integrity no honor. worse than stupid.
Way back in the day, my best friend was going to Ohio State, went out there to visit. One of the roommates - had been driving back to college from home in Ohio...on his motorcycle. Driving at night, ....he hit a cow. He said he really wasn't speeding at all, was a careful driver.
He got all busted up, spent months in rehab trying to walk again, back surgeries, etc.....
but DRUNK WITH A LOADED GUN at 159 mph? It's too bad he won't get more than twenty. and killed a human being.
way too much money, no integrity no honor. worse than stupid.
And Derek Carr was sort of Supportive? Fortunately, he walked it back. I'd feel more sympathy for Ruggs if he was "only" going 50mph, not 150.
More details came out... https://www.foxnews.com/sports/woman-killed-henry-ruggs-dui-crash-named-witnesses-attempts-save-wreck
Am I surprised those vehicles got blasted 500+ feet down the road post impact? I shouldn't have been. Sad that bystanders might have been able to save the woman- but she was trapped in a car that was on fire. (obvious from that picture the 'Vette went under the Toyota, busted the gas tank and sparks from the impact ignited) Though hats off to GM building a car that made a 127mph impact survivable.
I'm fairly certain there isn't a person in the world right now feeling more sorry for himself than Henry Ruggs. Went from a promising NFL career making millions- to a nobody who's going to be spending years in prison- and probably flat broke when he gets out. Better give OJ a call to see what life is like in Nevada jails.
Moral of the story- call Uber or Lyft next time...

-
PS- one thing I DO feel qualified to comment on- from my years working in a hospital laboratory.. Ruggs refused a breathalyzer. Meaning- by the time the cops were able to get a Court order to get his blood drawn to have it tested, I'll bet the ranch his actual blood alcohol at the time of the crash was a LOT higher. Like 0.18, or even 0.20 wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
Yeah- in the lab- around 0.20 is where we usually saw crash victims getting dragged in off the street were. At that point- most folks are starting to see double.
-
PS- one thing I DO feel qualified to comment on- from my years working in a hospital laboratory.. Ruggs refused a breathalyzer. Meaning- by the time the cops were able to get a Court order to get his blood drawn to have it tested, I'll bet the ranch his actual blood alcohol at the time of the crash was a LOT higher. Like 0.18, or even 0.20 wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
Yeah- in the lab- around 0.20 is where we usually saw crash victims getting dragged in off the street were. At that point- most folks are starting to see double.
I'll bet the ranch his actual blood alcohol at the time of the crash was a LOT higher
One thing that I haven't seen discussed this time or much in general.. I bet Ruggs blacked out.
This is of course something that happens when you drink a lot.. which is why if you're going to drink anything close to a lot, don't bring car keys wherever you're going so that you have no chance to be stupid.
-
Way back in the day, my best friend was going to Ohio State, went out there to visit. One of the roommates - had been driving back to college from home in Ohio...on his motorcycle. Driving at night, ....he hit a cow. He said he really wasn't speeding at all, was a careful driver.
He got all busted up, spent months in rehab trying to walk again, back surgeries, etc.....
but DRUNK WITH A LOADED GUN at 159 mph? It's too bad he won't get more than twenty. and killed a human being.
way too much money, no integrity no honor. worse than stupid.
And Derek Carr was sort of Supportive? Fortunately, he walked it back. I'd feel more sympathy for Ruggs if he was "only" going 50mph, not 150.
More details came out... https://www.foxnews.com/sports/woman-killed-henry-ruggs-dui-crash-named-witnesses-attempts-save-wreck
Am I surprised those vehicles got blasted 500+ feet down the road post impact? I shouldn't have been. Sad that bystanders might have been able to save the woman- but she was trapped in a car that was on fire. (obvious from that picture the 'Vette went under the Toyota, busted the gas tank and sparks from the impact ignited) Though hats off to GM building a car that made a 127mph impact survivable.
I'm fairly certain there isn't a person in the world right now feeling more sorry for himself than Henry Ruggs. Went from a promising NFL career making millions- to a nobody who's going to be spending years in prison- and probably flat broke when he gets out. Better give OJ a call to see what life is like in Nevada jails.
Moral of the story- call Uber or Lyft next time...

And Derek Carr was sort of Supportive? Fortunately, he walked it back. I'd feel more sympathy for Ruggs if he was "only" going 50mph, not 150.
More details came out... https://www.foxnews.com/sports/woman-killed-henry-ruggs-dui-crash-named-witnesses-attempts-save-wreck
Am I surprised those vehicles got blasted 500+ feet down the road post impact? I shouldn't have been. Sad that bystanders might have been able to save the woman- but she was trapped in a car that was on fire. (obvious from that picture the 'Vette went under the Toyota, busted the gas tank and sparks from the impact ignited) Though hats off to GM building a car that made a 127mph impact survivable.
I'm fairly certain there isn't a person in the world right now feeling more sorry for himself than Henry Ruggs. Went from a promising NFL career making millions- to a nobody who's going to be spending years in prison- and probably flat broke when he gets out. Better give OJ a call to see what life is like in Nevada jails.
Moral of the story- call Uber or Lyft next time...
What a waste of a C8 Corvette.
-
I'll bet the ranch his actual blood alcohol at the time of the crash was a LOT higher
One thing that I haven't seen discussed this time or much in general.. I bet Ruggs blacked out.
This is of course something that happens when you drink a lot.. which is why if you're going to drink anything close to a lot, don't bring car keys wherever you're going so that you have no chance to be stupid.
One thing that I haven't seen discussed this time or much in general.. I bet Ruggs blacked out.
This is of course something that happens when you drink a lot.. which is why if you're going to drink anything close to a lot, don't bring car keys wherever you're going so that you have no chance to be stupid.
He should have blacked out in a ball of fire.
-
Does anything good ever happen at 3:39am?
Not out on the asphalt with yellow lines doing 100++ mph.
......... license and registration son. You have the right to........ continued at the station.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login