Skip to content

Laminectomy Back Surgery

Barber Shop Talk
28 6 1.1k
  • Told Friday..11-19

    1) Doc..."I'll give your employer through Wednesday to get a sub trained on your mail route". Thanksgiving Day starts your FLMA leave, through mid Feb.. I'm stopping Yourself !

    2) Per Surgeon..Went to Day Hospital also Friday..  Got checked out for possible blood clots in right calf area.. Flexsion Extension spine X-Ray done to detail surgery process. 2nd Nerve Conduction test also completed..

    Happy Friday! hospital gown showings ended about 8 hours into the 1st one ?.. Happy life.. Happy Wife.. had homemade Lasagna coming out of the oven on my arrival home  ?

  • I always worry about back surgery.  Good luck and best wishes to whoever gets it

    WSS 

  • Told Friday..11-19

    1) Doc..."I'll give your employer through Wednesday to get a sub trained on your mail route". Thanksgiving Day starts your FLMA leave, through mid Feb.. I'm stopping Yourself !

    2) Per Surgeon..Went to Day Hospital also Friday..  Got checked out for possible blood clots in right calf area.. Flexsion Extension spine X-Ray done to detail surgery process. 2nd Nerve Conduction test also completed..

    Happy Friday! hospital gown showings ended about 8 hours into the 1st one ?.. Happy life.. Happy Wife.. had homemade Lasagna coming out of the oven on my arrival home  ?

    @gumby73 said:

    Told Friday..11-19

    2) Per Surgeon..Went to Day Hospital also Friday..  Got checked out for possible blood clots in right calf area.. Flexsion Extension spine X-Ray done to detail surgery process. 2nd Nerve Conduction test also completed..

    Bosses gave me the day off to get these results moving into the right hands... Raining of C-town yesterday around these parts.. but 66 degrees I'll take..

    Victory Monday approach in style...

    Elf cap & Baker Mayfield #6 Jersey I'm walking in their house with !

    may a Bagel, Steelqueer or Ratbird fan be out to talk ? today ! 

    edit-- ultrasound showed no blood clots..ruptured disc? cause of calf pain/swelling.. expect call, with x-ray result/surgery plan, after thanksgiving.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Told Friday..11-19

    2) Per Surgeon..Went to Day Hospital also Friday..  Got checked out for possible blood clots in right calf area.. Flexsion Extension spine X-Ray done to detail surgery process. 2nd Nerve Conduction test also completed..

    Bosses gave me the day off to get these results moving into the right hands... Raining of C-town yesterday around these parts.. but 66 degrees I'll take..

    Victory Monday approach in style...

    Elf cap & Baker Mayfield #6 Jersey I'm walking in their house with !

    may a Bagel, Steelqueer or Ratbird fan be out to talk ? today ! 

    edit-- ultrasound showed no blood clots..ruptured disc? cause of calf pain/swelling.. expect call, with x-ray result/surgery plan, after thanksgiving.

    @gumby73 said:

    surgery plan, after thanksgiving.

    tad of a update..

    after thanksgiving.. turned into mid December to get Doc's final approval to surgeon.

    Had the lucky day of Tuesday 12-21-21 as the back surgery date.. pre-opt was today.. Failed ! ? Not Covid ! ?

    White blood cell count a tad to high.. 13.4 needed to fall under 10.. 

    Back to Family doc Monday ?‍♂️

  • @gumby73 said:

    surgery plan, after thanksgiving.

    tad of a update..

    after thanksgiving.. turned into mid December to get Doc's final approval to surgeon.

    Had the lucky day of Tuesday 12-21-21 as the back surgery date.. pre-opt was today.. Failed ! ? Not Covid ! ?

    White blood cell count a tad to high.. 13.4 needed to fall under 10.. 

    Back to Family doc Monday ?‍♂️

    @gumby73 said:

    tad of a update..

    after thanksgiving.. turned into mid December to get Doc's final approval to surgeon.

    Had the lucky day of Tuesday 12-21-21 as the back surgery date.. pre-opt was today.. Failed ! ? Not Covid ! ?

    White blood cell count a tad to high.. 13.4 needed to fall under 10.. 

    Back to Family doc Monday ?‍♂️

    Don't you just hate that !  I'd just as soon " get up, get ready and go ".  not this rescheduling stuff........ especially around the holidays doctors save their vacations for now.

    Last year I was in the hospital from November 15 to February 4 and again from March 22 to April 30.   92  days in 2021 alone.

    I'm planning on staying home until at least 2023...... I hope my body knows that.

  • Yeah ! what he said  ^^^

    it's been holiday frustrating.. So...

    All ($$ fluff) systems seem to be back on the relief launchpad.. (see what i did there ?)

    Family Doc, has cleared up surgeons pre-opt worries. Final surgery report reads like this ...   

     LAMINOTOMY(HEMILAMINECT), DECOMPRESS NERVE ROOT, PART FACETECT/FORAMINOTOMY &/OR EXC DISC; 1 SPACE, LUMBAR ?    (sorry! it's much easier to see ? ) 

    IMG_20211224_072055456.jpg.f80b58abc8455c85a4c892524f5d79a8.jpg

    OK ! So now can we just remove this from Gumby's nerve line PleaSe !  (I'll save ya from the _______ "how to" procedure details ?

    Browns at Steelers MNF? My day will be spent with the final procedure of a Covid test ?.. The Game? needs to be shutdown at Halftime.. ?

    Surgery arrival time at 5:30 am for a 7:30 am surgery on Tuesday 1-4-22..  estimated insurance cost? $34K$ ?.. 8 weeks of rehab to return to work? By my math...just falls short of my work return date of Feb. 25th?

     image.jpg.5c9c7c5f01461d7ceda6690cf73ff6ea.jpg      image.jpg.6c940cba88ec3db8a25098d9a014bc22.jpg

    Let's GO Grandpa GO !!  ?‍❤️‍? ?

  • Yeah ! what he said  ^^^

    it's been holiday frustrating.. So...

    All ($$ fluff) systems seem to be back on the relief launchpad.. (see what i did there ?)

    Family Doc, has cleared up surgeons pre-opt worries. Final surgery report reads like this ...   

     LAMINOTOMY(HEMILAMINECT), DECOMPRESS NERVE ROOT, PART FACETECT/FORAMINOTOMY &/OR EXC DISC; 1 SPACE, LUMBAR ?    (sorry! it's much easier to see ? ) 

    IMG_20211224_072055456.jpg.f80b58abc8455c85a4c892524f5d79a8.jpg

    OK ! So now can we just remove this from Gumby's nerve line PleaSe !  (I'll save ya from the _______ "how to" procedure details ?

    Browns at Steelers MNF? My day will be spent with the final procedure of a Covid test ?.. The Game? needs to be shutdown at Halftime.. ?

    Surgery arrival time at 5:30 am for a 7:30 am surgery on Tuesday 1-4-22..  estimated insurance cost? $34K$ ?.. 8 weeks of rehab to return to work? By my math...just falls short of my work return date of Feb. 25th?

     image.jpg.5c9c7c5f01461d7ceda6690cf73ff6ea.jpg      image.jpg.6c940cba88ec3db8a25098d9a014bc22.jpg

    Let's GO Grandpa GO !!  ?‍❤️‍? ?

    @gumby73 said:

    Surgery arrival time at 5:30 am for a 7:30 am surgery on Tuesday 1-4-22.. 

                   ?    Please.. Release me.. Let me go.. Cause I.. don't want to be here.... anymore... (A n y m o r e ?)    ?

     One overnight stay at the Hospital (California).... I get to check out of here by 9 AM today..Wednesday Jan. 5 2022  

  • How you doin? (best read as Joey)

    I had a laminectomy on L4/5 in '99 and then a 3 level 360* (6hr rear/next day 8hr front) fusion in 01. Both helped and the fusion helped the most. Hopefully your leg pain is better after the laminectomy.

    ^ Short version due to typing time constraints, hope you are feeling better today brother! 

  • How you doin? (best read as Joey)

    I had a laminectomy on L4/5 in '99 and then a 3 level 360* (6hr rear/next day 8hr front) fusion in 01. Both helped and the fusion helped the most. Hopefully your leg pain is better after the laminectomy.

    ^ Short version due to typing time constraints, hope you are feeling better today brother! 

    @d-bone said:

    How you doin? (best read as Joey)

    Tfv9NNksOQvBuFiSb7.gif      on my list of favorites.. 

     Hopefully your leg pain is better after the laminectomy.

    W-Sup D'Pal ! thanks for posting..  

    Really feel like I'm bouncing back rather well. Could feel the stenosis nerve pain in legs/back & hips, relief themselves within 10 days after surgery.. First week with a walking cane while avoiding the pain Opioid's. At 10 days, I was walking our 3 back deck steps with little pain.( A Doc- no-no! ?)

    Had my post surgery followup with surgeon this past Wednesday... We met walking, side by side down the hallway to a " Man ! Your walking far better than most at this time" Everything checked out great! But, I had to ask ? "Do they really need to keep my bulging disc tissue, in a bag, frozen at the hospital"? Response.. Yeah ! You & Me are saving lives around here! ?  

    Been out of Mail Delivery work since Thanksgiving.. We can't yet agree on my return date to work of Feb. 25th... But, I feel more on the 6 weeks side to recovery.. Not the normal 8 weeks...

    I have a followup appointment with surgeons office Feb.16th.. To Family Doc's office Feb. 18th.. Between the two.. I feel in good hands for them to make a good decision ..

    In Ending.. Gumby can almost flex again..  Thanks !        

    image.gif

  • Started a 3 week course of Lower Lumbar physical therapy today... ?️‍♂️  Was not to bad, for this 58 yr.old hoot..

     i-pod shined to a new release..

    day to day.. but

    Feeling better !

  • Started a 3 week course of Lower Lumbar physical therapy today... ?️‍♂️  Was not to bad, for this 58 yr.old hoot..

     i-pod shined to a new release..

    day to day.. but

    Feeling better !

    @gumby73 said:

    Started a 3 week course of Lower Lumbar physical therapy today... ?️‍♂️  Was not to bad, for this 58 yr.old hoot..

     i-pod shined to a new release..

    day to day.. but

    Feeling better !

    ✊️✊️✊️