Skip to content

??⬜?Official Battle of Ohio Gameday Thread ?⬜??

The Browns Board
358 34 6.2k 1
  • @tour2ma said:

    Buffalo is going down to Jacksonville Giants beat the Raiders a lot of upset I don’t I don’t consider our win and upset for Cincinnati disagrees that screw them in their So-called chili

    So urban > hue ?  😆

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    @mjp28 said:

    So urban > hue ?  😆

    One would hope so... it was never a question in my mind

  • @mjp28 said:

    So urban > hue ?  😆

    One would hope so... it was never a question in my mind

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    One would hope so... it was never a question in my mind

    Don't know why.. But this reminds me of Godfrey Cambridge and the movie "Watermelon Man"... Its freakin hilarious...

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    My daughter is taking me to the game as part of my birthday present some weeks ago. Gonna get Browns geared up and head to some pregame breakfast. Go Browns!!

    Head to the Flat Iron.  Can't go wrong.

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Head to the Flat Iron.  Can't go wrong.

    Is the Flat Iron in Cleveland? Lol

    We opted for A Taste of Belgium, a rather nice regional chain here in Cincy that sort of melds Cincinnati with Belgium. Sorry, no Cincinnati style chili there, but you can get goetta and all kinds of fancy coffee drinks and a very healthy assortment of local and Belgian beer. Several of their dishes have waffles in them, but sorry, no pancakes for you pancake eating motherfuckers. 

    What a fun game! Had some total nosebleed seats but l really liked the vantage point up there, and we had plenty of good company around us, and a gorgeous weather day to boot. Many of the Bengals fans were considerate hosts and opted to leave early so that it wasn’t so congested when we left. 

    A9470945-B3F8-456E-8231-3EE8A180BC62.jpeg

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by

    Such a needed W. The focus on offense and defense, minus some penalties, was clear. The whole team looked hungry.
    Denzel Ward pick 6 changed the game. The secondary looks like it is coming together.

    Time to go on a run.

  • Such a needed W. The focus on offense and defense, minus some penalties, was clear. The whole team looked hungry.
    Denzel Ward pick 6 changed the game. The secondary looks like it is coming together.

    Time to go on a run.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Such a needed W. The focus on offense and defense, minus some penalties, was clear. The whole team looked hungry.
    Denzel Ward pick 6 changed the game. The secondary looks like it is coming together.

    Time to go on a run.

    I was talking to my Dad and he said the same thing, “I hope he doesn’t blow a hammy at the 20

  • DPJ > OBJ

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    DPJ > OBJ

    Think just maybe you MU guy?  🙂  He's making me forget about what's his name fast.  

    @mjp28 said:

    I'm having our chili with some Tabasco and sour cream after this game.    😁

    Skyline is an abomination. If you want to replicate it...  Take some spaghetti and toss some mediocre chili with lots of beans on top- and then add some dried out shredded cheese to make it a 5 way.  

    It's a local thing that I don't understand..  Their competitor is Gold Star "The taste will make you vomit."    

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Head to the Flat Iron.  Can't go wrong.

    Is the Flat Iron in Cleveland? Lol

    We opted for A Taste of Belgium, a rather nice regional chain here in Cincy that sort of melds Cincinnati with Belgium. Sorry, no Cincinnati style chili there, but you can get goetta and all kinds of fancy coffee drinks and a very healthy assortment of local and Belgian beer. Several of their dishes have waffles in them, but sorry, no pancakes for you pancake eating motherfuckers. 

    What a fun game! Had some total nosebleed seats but l really liked the vantage point up there, and we had plenty of good company around us, and a gorgeous weather day to boot. Many of the Bengals fans were considerate hosts and opted to leave early so that it wasn’t so congested when we left. 

    A9470945-B3F8-456E-8231-3EE8A180BC62.jpeg

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @ibleedbrown said:

     What a fun game! Had some total nosebleed seats but l really liked the vantage point up there, and we had plenty of good company around us, and a gorgeous weather day to boot. Many of the Bengals fans were considerate hosts and opted to leave early so that it wasn’t so congested when we left. 

    A9470945-B3F8-456E-8231-3EE8A180BC62.jpeg

    Happy belated Birthday ! IBB... Looks of a great scoring view !

    Enjoy your Victory Monday Dawg !

  • @mld-woody said:

    DPJ > OBJ

    Think just maybe you MU guy?  🙂  He's making me forget about what's his name fast.  

    @mjp28 said:

    I'm having our chili with some Tabasco and sour cream after this game.    😁

    Skyline is an abomination. If you want to replicate it...  Take some spaghetti and toss some mediocre chili with lots of beans on top- and then add some dried out shredded cheese to make it a 5 way.  

    It's a local thing that I don't understand..  Their competitor is Gold Star "The taste will make you vomit."    

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Think just maybe you MU guy?  🙂  He's making me forget about what's his name fast.  

    Skyline is an abomination. If you want to replicate it...  Take some spaghetti and toss some mediocre chili with lots of beans on top- and then add some dried out shredded cheese to make it a 5 way.  

    It's a local thing that I don't understand..  Their competitor is Gold Star "The taste will make you vomit."    

    Not MU. We aren't Missouri

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Monday's don't hit quite so hard when you enjoy a win. 

  • @mld-woody said:

    DPJ > OBJ

    Think just maybe you MU guy?  🙂  He's making me forget about what's his name fast.  

    @mjp28 said:

    I'm having our chili with some Tabasco and sour cream after this game.    😁

    Skyline is an abomination. If you want to replicate it...  Take some spaghetti and toss some mediocre chili with lots of beans on top- and then add some dried out shredded cheese to make it a 5 way.  

    It's a local thing that I don't understand..  Their competitor is Gold Star "The taste will make you vomit."    

    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic

    @hoorta said:

    Skyline is an abomination

    Everything that you can't eat unless you have a toilet available within 20 minutes is barely fit for human consumption. 

    In competent kitchens, stew is how they use up meat that's about to be thrown out for going bad.

    Homemade stew made from scratch, boiled down over the stove for hours, and put in the fridge overnight to let the fat separate so you can skim it off the top the next day before using [even if you also serve it over pasta with beans and minced onion and cheese] is really not even in the same zip code as skyline..

  • @hoorta said:

    Think just maybe you MU guy?  🙂  He's making me forget about what's his name fast.  

    Skyline is an abomination. If you want to replicate it...  Take some spaghetti and toss some mediocre chili with lots of beans on top- and then add some dried out shredded cheese to make it a 5 way.  

    It's a local thing that I don't understand..  Their competitor is Gold Star "The taste will make you vomit."    

    Not MU. We aren't Missouri

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    Not MU. We aren't Missouri

    Sorry The U of M.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Not MU. We aren't Missouri

    Sorry The U of M.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Sorry The U of M.

    Thank you 

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    Yo, wait, are people shitting on Skyline? (No pun intended). 

    How can you not like cheese coneys? Crazy. 

  • @hoorta said:

    Sorry The U of M.

    Thank you 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    Thank you 

    Well I have to admit for an Ohio guy and BROWNS fan who happens to be U of M guy and a democrat you are a target here and handle it well.......maybe on some forums way more than others.

    I will try to stay COMPLETELY  away from politics and religion here the two hot rails on almost ANY board or forum,  it was smart to put a specific forum for that talk here. So......

    GO BROWNS are BUCKEYES !

  • Yo, wait, are people shitting on Skyline? (No pun intended). 

    How can you not like cheese coneys? Crazy. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @mld-woody said:

    Yo, wait, are people shitting on Skyline? (No pun intended). 

    How can you not like cheese coneys? Crazy. 

    Well, some people apparently like it, or they would have gone out of business long ago. First off, it sort of looks like someone took a crap on a plate.  😁   I like spaghetti, chili is ok. But put lousy chili on lousy noodles? Bad idea.  

    It's a local local thing... My wife is from Toledo, and Tony Paco's is revered there. I mean really- a chili dog? I wasn't all that impressed. I've come around to they're OK, but I sure wouldn't go out of my way to have one. BTW, if you're ever near Downtown Toledo, check out the original Paco's on Front Street. If nothing else, to peruse the autographed buns that decorate the walls. A who's who of politicians, athletes, and musicians. Jamie Farr (Klinger of MASH fame) gave them a national reputation.   

  • Yo, wait, are people shitting on Skyline? (No pun intended). 

    How can you not like cheese coneys? Crazy. 

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    Yo, wait, are people shitting on Skyline? (No pun intended). 

    How can you not like cheese coneys? Crazy. 

    I will literally fight people in public to defend Skyline Chili. Publix down here in Florida starting carrying it and I think I personally am the reason it keeps getting put back on the shelf. Thin chili isn't high on the list for Cuban and Caribbean people as it turns out.

    @hoorta said:

    Well, some people apparently like it, or they would have gone out of business long ago. First off, it sort of looks like someone took a crap on a plate.  😁   I like spaghetti, chili is ok. But put lousy chili on lousy noodles? Bad idea.  

    I agree, the spaghetti ain't it but all dang day on a hot dog.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Thank you 

    Well I have to admit for an Ohio guy and BROWNS fan who happens to be U of M guy and a democrat you are a target here and handle it well.......maybe on some forums way more than others.

    I will try to stay COMPLETELY  away from politics and religion here the two hot rails on almost ANY board or forum,  it was smart to put a specific forum for that talk here. So......

    GO BROWNS are BUCKEYES !

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Well I have to admit for an Ohio guy and BROWNS fan who happens to be U of M guy and a democrat you are a target here and handle it well.......maybe on some forums way more than others.

    I will try to stay COMPLETELY  away from politics and religion here the two hot rails on almost ANY board or forum,  it was smart to put a specific forum for that talk here. So......

    GO BROWNS are BUCKEYES !

    I'm not a Democrat haha. I'm an independent that leans Dem. I just find the majority of the posters on the poli board to be morons.

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    New billboard on the inner belt bridge. . .

    26153A7E-8DDF-470D-9C5A-D967A4FB78E2.jpeg

  • @mjp28 said:

    Well I have to admit for an Ohio guy and BROWNS fan who happens to be U of M guy and a democrat you are a target here and handle it well.......maybe on some forums way more than others.

    I will try to stay COMPLETELY  away from politics and religion here the two hot rails on almost ANY board or forum,  it was smart to put a specific forum for that talk here. So......

    GO BROWNS are BUCKEYES !

    I'm not a Democrat haha. I'm an independent that leans Dem. I just find the majority of the posters on the poli board to be morons.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    I'm not a Democrat haha. I'm an independent that leans Dem. I just find the majority of the posters on the poli board to be morons.

    Ah ha with all of the one side "seemingly"  not in your corner I just made you a democrat.

    I was and pretty much an old die hard democrat  -but-  will crossover on occasion.   It comes with getting older and wiser.

  • @mld-woody said:

    I'm not a Democrat haha. I'm an independent that leans Dem. I just find the majority of the posters on the poli board to be morons.

    Ah ha with all of the one side "seemingly"  not in your corner I just made you a democrat.

    I was and pretty much an old die hard democrat  -but-  will crossover on occasion.   It comes with getting older and wiser.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Ah ha with all of the one side "seemingly"  not in your corner I just made you a democrat.

    I was and pretty much an old die hard democrat  -but-  will crossover on occasion.   It comes with getting older and wiser.

    Yeah that board is kind of like the phrase "if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"