Skip to content

??⬜?Official Battle of Ohio Gameday Thread ?⬜??

The Browns Board
358 34 6.2k 1
  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    New billboard on the inner belt bridge. . .

    26153A7E-8DDF-470D-9C5A-D967A4FB78E2.jpeg

  • @mjp28 said:

    Well I have to admit for an Ohio guy and BROWNS fan who happens to be U of M guy and a democrat you are a target here and handle it well.......maybe on some forums way more than others.

    I will try to stay COMPLETELY  away from politics and religion here the two hot rails on almost ANY board or forum,  it was smart to put a specific forum for that talk here. So......

    GO BROWNS are BUCKEYES !

    I'm not a Democrat haha. I'm an independent that leans Dem. I just find the majority of the posters on the poli board to be morons.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    I'm not a Democrat haha. I'm an independent that leans Dem. I just find the majority of the posters on the poli board to be morons.

    Ah ha with all of the one side "seemingly"  not in your corner I just made you a democrat.

    I was and pretty much an old die hard democrat  -but-  will crossover on occasion.   It comes with getting older and wiser.

  • @mld-woody said:

    I'm not a Democrat haha. I'm an independent that leans Dem. I just find the majority of the posters on the poli board to be morons.

    Ah ha with all of the one side "seemingly"  not in your corner I just made you a democrat.

    I was and pretty much an old die hard democrat  -but-  will crossover on occasion.   It comes with getting older and wiser.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Ah ha with all of the one side "seemingly"  not in your corner I just made you a democrat.

    I was and pretty much an old die hard democrat  -but-  will crossover on occasion.   It comes with getting older and wiser.

    Yeah that board is kind of like the phrase "if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

  • Yo, wait, are people shitting on Skyline? (No pun intended). 

    How can you not like cheese coneys? Crazy. 

    VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by VaporTrail

    @mld-woody said:

    Yo, wait, are people shitting on Skyline? (No pun intended). 

    How can you not like cheese coneys? Crazy. 

    @jrb12711 said:

    I will literally fight people in public to defend Skyline Chili. Publix down here in Florida starting carrying it and I think I personally am the reason it keeps getting put back on the shelf. Thin chili isn't high on the list for Cuban and Caribbean people as it turns out.

    I agree, the spaghetti ain't it but all dang day on a hot dog.

    I remember the first time I had it and thought it was absolutely delicious. The second time I had it, I thought it was absolutely disgusting. The difference was that I was shitfaced and it was the only place open at 1am when I had it the first time. You can put 3 pounds of shredded cheese on a turd and convince a shitfaced college student that it tastes good. Skyline is a disgrace, an affront to all that is good and decent, and worst of all, a black eye on the whole State of Ohio. The best food to come out of Cincinnati is Graeters. 

  • @mld-woody said:

    Yo, wait, are people shitting on Skyline? (No pun intended). 

    How can you not like cheese coneys? Crazy. 

    @jrb12711 said:

    I will literally fight people in public to defend Skyline Chili. Publix down here in Florida starting carrying it and I think I personally am the reason it keeps getting put back on the shelf. Thin chili isn't high on the list for Cuban and Caribbean people as it turns out.

    I agree, the spaghetti ain't it but all dang day on a hot dog.

    I remember the first time I had it and thought it was absolutely delicious. The second time I had it, I thought it was absolutely disgusting. The difference was that I was shitfaced and it was the only place open at 1am when I had it the first time. You can put 3 pounds of shredded cheese on a turd and convince a shitfaced college student that it tastes good. Skyline is a disgrace, an affront to all that is good and decent, and worst of all, a black eye on the whole State of Ohio. The best food to come out of Cincinnati is Graeters. 

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    @vaportrail said:

    I remember the first time I had it and thought it was absolutely delicious. The second time I had it, I thought it was absolutely disgusting. The difference was that I was shitfaced and it was the only place open at 1am when I had it the first time. You can put 3 pounds of shredded cheese on a turd and convince a shitfaced college student that it tastes good. Skyline is a disgrace, an affront to all that is good and decent, and worst of all, a black eye on the whole State of Ohio. The best food to come out of Cincinnati is Graeters. 

    Fight You GIFs | Tenor

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    IMG_0682.JPG

    A good Michigan Man has spoken.... 

    I met Rich at the Philly draft... Welcome Aboard Dawg! 

    #loneW00f'em !

  • IMG_0682.JPG

    A good Michigan Man has spoken.... 

    I met Rich at the Philly draft... Welcome Aboard Dawg! 

    #loneW00f'em !

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    IMG_0682.JPG

    A good Michigan Man has spoken.... 

    I met Rich at the Philly draft... Welcome Aboard Dawg! 

    #loneW00f'em !

    I like Rich Eisen.. He totally gets us!

  • VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by

    image.thumb.png.7005c09325795682732afde025715bbb.png

  • Yo, wait, are people shitting on Skyline? (No pun intended). 

    How can you not like cheese coneys? Crazy. 

    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic

    @mld-woody said:

    Yo, wait, are people shitting on Skyline?

    Yes.  Shitting on Skyline because their shit is shit.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I will literally fight people in public to defend Skyline Chili.

    Nobody fights the guy who's mid-shit.. That's a different matter entirely!

    Skyline uses cheap meat that's borderline rancid.. thus it runs through very quickly.  For the same reason, I haven't been to McDonalds in nearly 20 years.  True, buying the day-old [or just low-grade] stuff from the wholesaler does make their raw materials cheaper.. but once you realize you can cook your own meat to taste better, cost less [by volume], and get done with cooking faster than a drive to the restaurant.. you avoid those places.  Most "fast food" is pretty similar.. 

    Sure, skyline's spices are somewhat decent -- but I recommend the black label reserve as a starter example of a spice mix that tastes better.  Next is of course to make one yourself, but that is a bit more time-consuming.  It is possible my spice tolerance is a bit higher.. i down 20 wings of the bw3 carolina reaper sauce without feeling anything..

    Buy meat in bulk on sale.. I just got 15 pounds of top sirloin steaks for $3.99/lb.. cheaper than what you'd pay for the equivalent amount of meat at Skyline -- and sirloin is miles better than whatever prison-grade "beef" they use at Skyline.

    Pro tip: Use the broil function of your stove to cook it medium-rare.  Heat the stove to broil with your broiling rack inside before adding the meat.  If it's the spices you like.. pat the steak dry and add a rub before putting it on the rack.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Yo, wait, are people shitting on Skyline? (No pun intended). 

    How can you not like cheese coneys? Crazy. 

    I will literally fight people in public to defend Skyline Chili. Publix down here in Florida starting carrying it and I think I personally am the reason it keeps getting put back on the shelf. Thin chili isn't high on the list for Cuban and Caribbean people as it turns out.

    @hoorta said:

    Well, some people apparently like it, or they would have gone out of business long ago. First off, it sort of looks like someone took a crap on a plate.  😁   I like spaghetti, chili is ok. But put lousy chili on lousy noodles? Bad idea.  

    I agree, the spaghetti ain't it but all dang day on a hot dog.

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    @jrb12711 said:

    I will literally fight people in public to defend Skyline Chili. Publix down here in Florida starting carrying it and I think I personally am the reason it keeps getting put back on the shelf. Thin chili isn't high on the list for Cuban and Caribbean people as it turns out.

    I agree, the spaghetti ain't it but all dang day on a hot dog.

    Thank you! I dig it with the spaghetti, but yeah, it’s great on a chili dog and great over french fries too. 

    And since you mentioned Publix, imo Publix brand pancake mix is the best pancake mix. I buy a few boxes and smuggle that shit whenever l’m far enough south to be near a Publix. 

  • @mld-woody said:

    Yo, wait, are people shitting on Skyline?

    Yes.  Shitting on Skyline because their shit is shit.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I will literally fight people in public to defend Skyline Chili.

    Nobody fights the guy who's mid-shit.. That's a different matter entirely!

    Skyline uses cheap meat that's borderline rancid.. thus it runs through very quickly.  For the same reason, I haven't been to McDonalds in nearly 20 years.  True, buying the day-old [or just low-grade] stuff from the wholesaler does make their raw materials cheaper.. but once you realize you can cook your own meat to taste better, cost less [by volume], and get done with cooking faster than a drive to the restaurant.. you avoid those places.  Most "fast food" is pretty similar.. 

    Sure, skyline's spices are somewhat decent -- but I recommend the black label reserve as a starter example of a spice mix that tastes better.  Next is of course to make one yourself, but that is a bit more time-consuming.  It is possible my spice tolerance is a bit higher.. i down 20 wings of the bw3 carolina reaper sauce without feeling anything..

    Buy meat in bulk on sale.. I just got 15 pounds of top sirloin steaks for $3.99/lb.. cheaper than what you'd pay for the equivalent amount of meat at Skyline -- and sirloin is miles better than whatever prison-grade "beef" they use at Skyline.

    Pro tip: Use the broil function of your stove to cook it medium-rare.  Heat the stove to broil with your broiling rack inside before adding the meat.  If it's the spices you like.. pat the steak dry and add a rub before putting it on the rack.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @unsympathetic said:

    Yes.  Shitting on Skyline because their shit is shit.

    Nobody fights the guy who's mid-shit.. That's a different matter entirely!

    Skyline uses cheap meat that's borderline rancid.. thus it runs through very quickly.  For the same reason, I haven't been to McDonalds in nearly 20 years.  True, buying the day-old [or just low-grade] stuff from the wholesaler does make their raw materials cheaper.. but once you realize you can cook your own meat to taste better, cost less [by volume], and get done with cooking faster than a drive to the restaurant.. you avoid those places.  Most "fast food" is pretty similar.. 

    Sure, skyline's spices are somewhat decent -- but I recommend the black label reserve as a starter example of a spice mix that tastes better.  Next is of course to make one yourself, but that is a bit more time-consuming.  It is possible my spice tolerance is a bit higher.. i down 20 wings of the bw3 carolina reaper sauce without feeling anything..

    Buy meat in bulk on sale.. I just got 15 pounds of top sirloin steaks for $3.99/lb.. cheaper than what you'd pay for the equivalent amount of meat at Skyline -- and sirloin is miles better than whatever prison-grade "beef" they use at Skyline.

    Pro tip: Use the broil function of your stove to cook it medium-rare.  Heat the stove to broil with your broiling rack inside before adding the meat.  If it's the spices you like.. pat the steak dry and add a rub before putting it on the rack.

    Regarding "Fast Food" most of it (McDonald's et al) wont kill you if you're in the mood for a quick burger- but those prices are getting damn disgusting, bordering on criminal- pushing $5 bucks for a Bic Mac or a Whopper.  Though one place that's appropriately named is Rally's.  Their burgers WILL rally right on through you.  

    If you got sirloin for $4 bucks a pound- good for you. Beef is my go to red meat, and the prices have jumped at least 30% of late...   

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    The thing I can't wrap my head around concerning Skyline is why their chili tastes like someone said:

    "You know what would be good? If our chili tasted like we also wanted it to taste like pumpkin pie... that would be a hit!"