Skip to content

Tale of the Tape - Browns @ Patriots

The Browns Board
20 8 996
  • @dutch-oven said:

    With losses to the Steelers, Chargers, and Chiefs already, what do you think the Browns need to go down the stretch to make the playoffs?

    I'm thinking it could be 6-2, to go 11-6 for the season. 

    That's a tall order for a schedule as tough as they have. 

    Definitely tough but it is what it is. Pretty obvious the Browns path probably lies in the division games...with 4 of those left they need 3 Ws there for sure. Laying an egg against Pitt really stunk 2 weeks ago. The Cincy game last week shocked me, I didn't see that coming at all.

    The AFC is so tight. I'm looking forward to this NE game, although the last 2 Browns trips up there weird stuff happened. 

    @bob806 said:

    Definitely tough but it is what it is. Pretty obvious the Browns path probably lies in the division games...with 4 of those left they need 3 Ws there for sure. Laying an egg against Pitt really stunk 2 weeks ago. The Cincy game last week shocked me, I didn't see that coming at all.

    The AFC is so tight. I'm looking forward to this NE game, although the last 2 Browns trips up there weird stuff happened. 

    The promising thing is that while 6-2 vs the remaining schedule sounds daunting, I feel pretty good about the Browns winning the next two.

    4-2 in the last six sounds way easier. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'm thinking it could be 6-2, to go 11-6 for the season. 

    I don't know if we can even afford 2 more losses.  Losing at home to the Steelers really hurt.  I think that our chances of playoffs are slim with games against the Ravens remaining.  But we certainly cannot afford a loss this week to the Patriots.

    @orion said:

    I don't know if we can even afford 2 more losses.  Losing at home to the Steelers really hurt.  I think that our chances of playoffs are slim with games against the Ravens remaining.  But we certainly cannot afford a loss this week to the Patriots.

    If the Browns lose this Sunday vs the Patriots, their path to the playoffs gets treacherous. 

    I mean, three remaining games vs the Steelers and Ravens and a road game on Christmas Day in Green Bay ain't no joke. 

  • before Friday's Practice...

    Image

    Bill must want to win on this too.. Good to see Greedy working it out.. Need ya DPJ & #95 !

    I get that Chubb is OUT  (opps! not official).. Does D. Felton or John Kelly have any chance of activating from Covid list? New RB Brian Hill is sitting on PS

    stay tuned 

    Let's Be nice...Ashley is a new writer (& free)... Pats RB's aren't healthy either.. Patriots defense is my bother...   

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/11/browns-defense-could-have-huge-advantage-in-run-game-against-patriots.html

  • If Chubb and Felton can't play....

    I wonder how much we will see Janovich..........

    he isn't just a blocking fullback.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Janovich

    I expect some cool surprises by the Browns....

    and a win.

    Because I bet a huge Patriot fan (still, after "pretty" Tom Brady left for the Bucs) in North Carolina that the Browns would win.

    A best friend's daughter - she lives there...... she laughed and made the bet.

    so, it's ON. But I can afford to pay up a dollar if the refs throw the game. LOL

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'm thinking it could be 6-2, to go 11-6 for the season. 

    I don't know if we can even afford 2 more losses.  Losing at home to the Steelers really hurt.  I think that our chances of playoffs are slim with games against the Ravens remaining.  But we certainly cannot afford a loss this week to the Patriots.

    @orion said:

    I don't know if we can even afford 2 more losses.  Losing at home to the Steelers really hurt.  I think that our chances of playoffs are slim with games against the Ravens remaining.  But we certainly cannot afford a loss this week to the Patriots.

    I know we don’t seem to scheme up anything well against Lamar…but the Ravens are very vulnerable this year…to the point where I can see a Steeleresque kind of slide. 

  • Zombo said:

    Are you breaking news on TBB?

    No one else has reported Chubb out.

    Z

    You take Sally..I'll take Sue.. There is no difference between the 2 ?

    This is why i need to go to Theropy at 10am... ?

    https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/article255736506.html  I like your local papers positives more than ours

    Physically I seem better... But that damm HydroCodine?  gotta go/

    See ya...?‍♂️ ?️‍♂️

  • Zombo said:

    Are you breaking news on TBB?

    No one else has reported Chubb out.

    Z

    You take Sally..I'll take Sue.. There is no difference between the 2 ?

    This is why i need to go to Theropy at 10am... ?

    https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/article255736506.html  I like your local papers positives more than ours

    Physically I seem better... But that damm HydroCodine?  gotta go/

    See ya...?‍♂️ ?️‍♂️

    @gumby73 said:

    Physically I seem better... But that damm HydroCodine?  gotta go/

    See ya...?‍♂️ ?️‍♂️

    I'm headed back to work today 😁... Gumby will be reporting in as Questionable also ....(update in Barber Shop)

    Friday Game Status..

    Image

    Browns will be without RBs Nick Chubb, Demetric Felton and John Kelly on Sunday. Patriots are listing RBs Damien Harris (OUT/Saturday) and Rhamondre Stevenson *questionable. Neither practiced at all this week because of concussions.
    3:53 PM · Nov 12, 2021
    Andrew Gribble@Andrew_Gribble
    Browns will be without RBs Nick Chubb, Demetric Felton and John Kelly on Sunday.

    Patriots are listing RBs Damien Harris and Rhamondre Stevenson questionable. Neither practiced at all this week because of concussions.
  • First off we will win Sunday because we simply are a better team.  

    #30  is capable of producing 

    2nd, them ? s suck and a couple nights ago the world seen how terrible they really are with their 32nd rated pass defense. 

    Them dumpster fire pos ? only win 1 maybe 2 more. 

  • Browns cut Andrew Billings.
     
    JOK and MJ Stewart activated from IR.
     
    Covid elevations: CB Herb Miller, WR JoJo Natson, FB Johnny Stanton.
     
    Standard elevation: RB Brian Hill.
     Nov 13, 2021
    Zac Jackson@AkronJackson
    Browns cut Andrew Billings.
    JOK and MJ Stewart activated from IR.
    Covid elevations: CB Herb Miller, WR JoJo Natson, FB Johnny Stanton.
    Standard elevation: RB Brian Hill.
  • So Natson will be handling punt returns.  And K-Off's probably.