Skip to content

M-Odell to the Rams

The Browns Board
247 43 8.2k 1
  • @mjp28 said:

    That is so sweet !

    Genuine, eh I'm not sure yet...... we'll see.    Cleveland BROWNS vs LA Rams in Super Bowl 56 might do it.   😍

    RE: the letter... Sincere? Then why in the hell did you want out of town so f'n bad?   Graduated to the #2 role behind Kupp. We'll see if you can stay healthy. 

    @hoorta said:

    RE: the letter... Sincere? Then why in the hell did you want out of town so f'n bad?   Graduated to the #2 role behind Kupp. We'll see if you can stay healthy. 

    He's about as real as a 4 dollar bill..

  • Everyone that prematurely took a victory lap, which is probably not the only pre remature issue you deal with..  this is why you I tried to explain that not everything is magically fixed by getting rid of OBJ.

    I'm hoping, despite my posting now, that this thread this quiet for the next 20 years. 

  • I should of stopped reading after his agent could spell "Believeland" ?

    "Believing all about Me*?" I'd question...

    OBJLA unscrambled?

    BLO'JA  

    That is all.....

    @gumby73 said:

    I should of stopped reading after his agent could spell "Believeland" ?

    "Believing all about Me*?" I'd question...

    OBJLA unscrambled?

    BLO'JA  

    That is all.....

    Beautiful!

  • Everyone that prematurely took a victory lap, which is probably not the only pre remature issue you deal with..  this is why you I tried to explain that not everything is magically fixed by getting rid of OBJ.

    I'm hoping, despite my posting now, that this thread this quiet for the next 20 years. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Everyone that prematurely took a victory lap, which is probably not the only pre remature issue you deal with..  this is why you I tried to explain that not everything is magically fixed by getting rid of OBJ.

    I'm hoping, despite my posting now, that this thread this quiet for the next 20 years. 

    You mean getting rid of OBJ didn't fix the one of the NFL's worst defenses? The hell you say!

    Man, with superior football knowledge like that you really are King of the Forum!? 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Everyone that prematurely took a victory lap, which is probably not the only pre remature issue you deal with..  this is why you I tried to explain that not everything is magically fixed by getting rid of OBJ.

    I'm hoping, despite my posting now, that this thread this quiet for the next 20 years. 

    You mean getting rid of OBJ didn't fix the one of the NFL's worst defenses? The hell you say!

    Man, with superior football knowledge like that you really are King of the Forum!? 

    @d-bone said:

    You mean getting rid of OBJ didn't fix the one of the NFL's worst defenses? The hell you say!

    Man, with superior football knowledge like that you really are King of the Forum!? 

    He's Mr.Know it all of course!.. NFL owners are just rushing to hire him aren't they?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Everyone that prematurely took a victory lap, which is probably not the only pre remature issue you deal with..  this is why you I tried to explain that not everything is magically fixed by getting rid of OBJ.

    I'm hoping, despite my posting now, that this thread this quiet for the next 20 years. 

    You mean getting rid of OBJ didn't fix the one of the NFL's worst defenses? The hell you say!

    Man, with superior football knowledge like that you really are King of the Forum!? 

    @d-bone said:

    You mean getting rid of OBJ didn't fix the one of the NFL's worst defenses? The hell you say!

    Man, with superior football knowledge like that you really are King of the Forum!? 

    Don't take it personally.   I get you wanted your moment. 

    edit:  I see you appreciated my reaction to your post.   There was a good reason, outside of my more measured assessment, that I avoided this thread.   Meanwhile you had all but declared the Browns cancer free and "back". 

    Offense has put up 7 points.     Defense, and their issues in the 2nd half, can be a conversation for another time.    In a vacuum, this offense has had trouble dating back to the 2020 regular season against teams that aren't afraid of the Browns passing game, our QB, and our receivers.    

    Like I said, there was no magic pill.  But how many people wanted to believe that was a head-scratcher.

  • @d-bone said:

    You mean getting rid of OBJ didn't fix the one of the NFL's worst defenses? The hell you say!

    Man, with superior football knowledge like that you really are King of the Forum!? 

    Don't take it personally.   I get you wanted your moment. 

    edit:  I see you appreciated my reaction to your post.   There was a good reason, outside of my more measured assessment, that I avoided this thread.   Meanwhile you had all but declared the Browns cancer free and "back". 

    Offense has put up 7 points.     Defense, and their issues in the 2nd half, can be a conversation for another time.    In a vacuum, this offense has had trouble dating back to the 2020 regular season against teams that aren't afraid of the Browns passing game, our QB, and our receivers.    

    Like I said, there was no magic pill.  But how many people wanted to believe that was a head-scratcher.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Don't take it personally.   I get you wanted your moment. 

    edit:  I see you appreciated my reaction to your post.   There was a good reason, outside of my more measured assessment, that I avoided this thread.   Meanwhile you had all but declared the Browns cancer free and "back". 

    Offense has put up 7 points.     Defense, and their issues in the 2nd half, can be a conversation for another time.    In a vacuum, this offense has had trouble dating back to the 2020 regular season against teams that aren't afraid of the Browns passing game, our QB, and our receivers.    

    Like I said, there was no magic pill.  But how many people wanted to believe that was a head-scratcher.

    It is weird how little the offense, and how inept they looked today beyond the opening drive, has been discussed in the game thread.

  • @d-bone said:

    You mean getting rid of OBJ didn't fix the one of the NFL's worst defenses? The hell you say!

    Man, with superior football knowledge like that you really are King of the Forum!? 

    Don't take it personally.   I get you wanted your moment. 

    edit:  I see you appreciated my reaction to your post.   There was a good reason, outside of my more measured assessment, that I avoided this thread.   Meanwhile you had all but declared the Browns cancer free and "back". 

    Offense has put up 7 points.     Defense, and their issues in the 2nd half, can be a conversation for another time.    In a vacuum, this offense has had trouble dating back to the 2020 regular season against teams that aren't afraid of the Browns passing game, our QB, and our receivers.    

    Like I said, there was no magic pill.  But how many people wanted to believe that was a head-scratcher.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Don't take it personally.   I get you wanted your moment. 

    edit:  I see you appreciated my reaction to your post.   There was a good reason, outside of my more measured assessment, that I avoided this thread.   Meanwhile you had all but declared the Browns cancer free and "back". 

    Offense has put up 7 points.     Defense, and their issues in the 2nd half, can be a conversation for another time.    In a vacuum, this offense has had trouble dating back to the 2020 regular season against teams that aren't afraid of the Browns passing game, our QB, and our receivers.    

    Like I said, there was no magic pill.  But how many people wanted to believe that was a head-scratcher.

    So wait,

    I proclaimed that the Browns would win and Baker would have his best game of the season.... Check, and check.

    Then I said they righted the ship with that game and "they just need to keep it there until they finally get heathy".... Check. They need to keep it there. They didn't. But they needed to. But they didn't. Check. 

    ^ Yep... I was waaaaaaaaaay off base. ??

    Edit: In all seriousness, yes the Browns have had issues on both sides of the ball for a long time and I said multiple times during our much hyped undefeated offseason that the Browns were not nearly as good as some thought. I'll be honest, I sort of expected this from the Browns.... I hoped for better, but this is about what I thought they would do. Mainly because of the awful defense led by some of the most overhyped players in the NFL and one of the worst DCs on any sideline and not because of OBJ. 

  • Everyone that prematurely took a victory lap, which is probably not the only pre remature issue you deal with..  this is why you I tried to explain that not everything is magically fixed by getting rid of OBJ.

    I'm hoping, despite my posting now, that this thread this quiet for the next 20 years. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Everyone that prematurely took a victory lap, which is probably not the only pre remature issue you deal with..  this is why you I tried to explain that not everything is magically fixed by getting rid of OBJ.

    I'm hoping, despite my posting now, that this thread this quiet for the next 20 years. 

    Getting rid of OBJ was addition by subtraction, but the other problems remain. Today- our "on paper" defense that reeks of talent at almost every position- got ass- whipped.  

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Everyone that prematurely took a victory lap, which is probably not the only pre remature issue you deal with..  this is why you I tried to explain that not everything is magically fixed by getting rid of OBJ.

    I'm hoping, despite my posting now, that this thread this quiet for the next 20 years. 

    Getting rid of OBJ was addition by subtraction, but the other problems remain. Today- our "on paper" defense that reeks of talent at almost every position- got ass- whipped.  

    @hoorta said:

    Getting rid of OBJ was addition by subtraction, but the other problems remain. Today- our "on paper" defense that reeks of talent at almost every position- got ass- whipped.  

    What addition? We scored 7 points against a quality defense.     And our defense, which I'll never understand this same reasoning from the Cardinals game, was given shitty field position, TOP and turnovers the entire 1st half.  The levee breaks at some point, as Zeppelin would have you know.

    As for "on paper", we have one of the worst LB units in the NFL and 1 functional NFL starting level safety.    I almost don't want to go back and watch the film.   But the ENTIRE focus this past couple weeks was that ridding ourselves of OBJ cured all the ails of the offense.  That's ALL I'm focusing on for this conversation.     It was a bullshit narrative then, but unfortunately it had to be a truth learned a week after facing an opponent that allowed the Browns offense a positive game script, the running attack to take over and protected Baker to the tune of only 21 attempts.

    I'm just tired of hearing it.    The defense went against an ascending team today and, for most of the 1st half, held their own quite well.  They really got after it those first few drives.  Then being out there started to sink in.   Would have been hot to shut down the screen game and go into half 17-7, but that didn't happen.    Even afterwards, this offense still couldn't manage a single god. damn. point.       There is a large contingent of Browns fans that believed the "other problems" of this team just went away after last week.    Now reality sets in.

    Like I said, I'm cool being a .500 and wildcard team for a couple years.   After 20 seasons of futility, evening some winning games and a playoff push is a damn good start to establishing a better culture.   But this team is FAR removed from being elite.

  • @hoorta said:

    Getting rid of OBJ was addition by subtraction, but the other problems remain. Today- our "on paper" defense that reeks of talent at almost every position- got ass- whipped.  

    What addition? We scored 7 points against a quality defense.     And our defense, which I'll never understand this same reasoning from the Cardinals game, was given shitty field position, TOP and turnovers the entire 1st half.  The levee breaks at some point, as Zeppelin would have you know.

    As for "on paper", we have one of the worst LB units in the NFL and 1 functional NFL starting level safety.    I almost don't want to go back and watch the film.   But the ENTIRE focus this past couple weeks was that ridding ourselves of OBJ cured all the ails of the offense.  That's ALL I'm focusing on for this conversation.     It was a bullshit narrative then, but unfortunately it had to be a truth learned a week after facing an opponent that allowed the Browns offense a positive game script, the running attack to take over and protected Baker to the tune of only 21 attempts.

    I'm just tired of hearing it.    The defense went against an ascending team today and, for most of the 1st half, held their own quite well.  They really got after it those first few drives.  Then being out there started to sink in.   Would have been hot to shut down the screen game and go into half 17-7, but that didn't happen.    Even afterwards, this offense still couldn't manage a single god. damn. point.       There is a large contingent of Browns fans that believed the "other problems" of this team just went away after last week.    Now reality sets in.

    Like I said, I'm cool being a .500 and wildcard team for a couple years.   After 20 seasons of futility, evening some winning games and a playoff push is a damn good start to establishing a better culture.   But this team is FAR removed from being elite.

    @tiamat63 said:

    The defense went against an ascending team today and, for most of the 1st half, held their own quite well.

    Did you watch the same game that I saw?

    That Pats offense went 9 for 9 on third down in the first half, including a 99 and a half yard TD drive.

    The Browns D managed to make a rookie QB look like Joe Montana.

    True, the offense sucked but my gawd the defense couldn’t get a stop.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    The defense went against an ascending team today and, for most of the 1st half, held their own quite well.

    Did you watch the same game that I saw?

    That Pats offense went 9 for 9 on third down in the first half, including a 99 and a half yard TD drive.

    The Browns D managed to make a rookie QB look like Joe Montana.

    True, the offense sucked but my gawd the defense couldn’t get a stop.

    @canton-dawg said:

    That Pats offense went 9 for 9 on third down in the first half

    Interesting stat, because I know that field goal at the end of the half before I checked out was a 3rd down hold which made NE kick the FG.

    I also saw the defense force a good amount of 3rd and mediums, 3rd and longs, only to have the Pats attack our greatest weaknesses - linebacker and safety play.     Not including Baker handing them a free TD on a 4 yard field.   The downside to making an offense "earn it" is that your defense stays on the field for a long ass time.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Everyone that prematurely took a victory lap, which is probably not the only pre remature issue you deal with..  this is why you I tried to explain that not everything is magically fixed by getting rid of OBJ.

    I'm hoping, despite my posting now, that this thread this quiet for the next 20 years. 

    Getting rid of OBJ was addition by subtraction, but the other problems remain. Today- our "on paper" defense that reeks of talent at almost every position- got ass- whipped.  

    @hoorta said:

    the other problems remain

    Browns are a running team, but you have to pass sometime.. especially when you're not ahead.  It's fun to see the entire concept of the forward pass called "the other problem".

    So far this season, what's the Browns' favorite go-to pass play when you've gotta have something? Yep, I'm drawing a blank also. That's.. not good.

  • And right on cue OBJ misconnects with Stafford and it's an interception.?

  • I Call that one the OBJ stop and quit route. We know that one well 

  • Just went back to watch the throw.  That one was on Stafford, who is having a couple of REALLY off weeks.

  • Just went back to watch the throw.  That one was on Stafford, who is having a couple of REALLY off weeks.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Just went back to watch the throw.  That one was on Stafford, who is having a couple of REALLY off weeks.

    Peyton Manning pretty adamant that OBJ stopped on him. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Just went back to watch the throw.  That one was on Stafford, who is having a couple of REALLY off weeks.

    Peyton Manning pretty adamant that OBJ stopped on him. 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Peyton Manning pretty adamant that OBJ stopped on him. 

    Yeah, after he and Eli said it was a "strange" throw.  

  • Just went back to watch the throw.  That one was on Stafford, who is having a couple of REALLY off weeks.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Just went back to watch the throw.  That one was on Stafford, who is having a couple of REALLY off weeks.

    Rams WRs had a severe case of dropitis today... But That's OK.  Just lose Baby!!!  

  • Just went back to watch the throw.  That one was on Stafford, who is having a couple of REALLY off weeks.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Just went back to watch the throw.  That one was on Stafford, who is having a couple of REALLY off weeks.

    And both weeks were without Woods. Coincidence? I think not.