Skip to content

M-Odell to the Rams

The Browns Board
247 43 8.1k 1
  • The OBJ saga or pee-wee football taken to a new level.

    "My dad says that the other kids are getting more touches than me.  I'm quitting (on my team and players) and going home."

    .......oh and I have another Nike $5,000,000 check to cash.  

    ~~~~~~~~~~~

    Bottom line, he was a spoiled prima dona from day one.  Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.    

    @mjp28 said:

    The OBJ saga or pee-wee football taken to a new level.

    "My dad says that the other kids are getting more touches than me.  I'm quitting (on my team and players) and going home."

    .......oh and I have another Nike $5,000,000 check to cash.  

    ~~~~~~~~~~~

    Bottom line, he was a spoiled prima dona from day one.  Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.    

    I agree. He didn’t want to be here from day 1. Too bad he was hurt or they could’ve dumped him last year.
     

    We have all seen the team play better when OBJ was not on the field. 

  • Believe me when I tell you... This snake doesn't give a shit about You.. Cleveland or it's fans.. This snake cares about one thing only... Getting paid!... I'm glad Berry sent this emasculated POS packing... He has 0 back bone... Bye loser...

  • @mjp28 said:

    The OBJ saga or pee-wee football taken to a new level.

    "My dad says that the other kids are getting more touches than me.  I'm quitting (on my team and players) and going home."

    .......oh and I have another Nike $5,000,000 check to cash.  

    ~~~~~~~~~~~

    Bottom line, he was a spoiled prima dona from day one.  Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.    

    I agree. He didn’t want to be here from day 1. Too bad he was hurt or they could’ve dumped him last year.
     

    We have all seen the team play better when OBJ was not on the field. 

    @browns149 said:

    I agree. He didn’t want to be here from day 1. Too bad he was hurt or they could’ve dumped him last year.
     

    We have all seen the team play better when OBJ was not on the field. . <----. 

    Kind of amazing if he was "still" a superstar receiver a the team not missing you too much when you are gone...... right ?

  • lions are first on waiver wire.

    @lbc-mike said:

    lions are first on waiver wire.

    Tweet

     
    vHEBKh9T_normal.png
     
    Current #NFLNFL_2021_2022.png
    Waiver Order
    1. DET
    2. MIA
    3. HOU
    4. JAX
    5. NYJ
    6. NYG
    7. WSH
    8. PHI
    9. SEA
    10. CHI
    11. ATL
    12. SF
    13. MIN
    14. IND
    15. NE
    16. DEN
    17. CLE 18. KC 19. CAR 20. LAC 21. PIT 22. CIN 23. NO 24. TB 25. BUF 26. LV 27. DAL 28. GB 29. BAL 30. LAR 31. TEN 32. ARZ
     
    9:19 AM · Nov 5, 2021
    Spotrac@spotrac
    Current #NFL Waiver Order

    1. DET
    2. MIA
    3. HOU
    4. JAX
    5. NYJ
    6. NYG
    7. WSH
    8. PHI
    9. SEA
    10. CHI
    11. ATL
    12. SF
    13. MIN
    14. IND
    15. NE
    16. DEN
    17. CLE
    18. KC
    19. CAR
    20. LAC
    21. PIT
    22. CIN
    23. NO
    24. TB
    25. BUF
    26. LV
    27. DAL
    28. GB
    29. BAL
    30. LAR
    31. TEN
    32. ARZ
    ·TweetDeck

    Monday by 4PM,  highest claim is rewarded  (or ?)

  • Did I miss something? Has been out there that obj asked his father to post this video on Instagram? I agree you can't have this in the locker room and it looks awful but I'm just curious if it has been shown that obj wanted his dad to post this? The way it is being covered it seems like obj himself posted this or said something. 

    @bjh2130 said:

    Did I miss something? Has been out there that obj asked his father to post this video on Instagram? I agree you can't have this in the locker room and it looks awful but I'm just curious if it has been shown that obj wanted his dad to post this? The way it is being covered it seems like obj himself posted this or said something. 

    I don't think he ever refuted any of the points in the video, might as well posted it himself. 

  • @lbc-mike said:

    lions are first on waiver wire.

    Tweet

     
    vHEBKh9T_normal.png
     
    Current #NFLNFL_2021_2022.png
    Waiver Order
    1. DET
    2. MIA
    3. HOU
    4. JAX
    5. NYJ
    6. NYG
    7. WSH
    8. PHI
    9. SEA
    10. CHI
    11. ATL
    12. SF
    13. MIN
    14. IND
    15. NE
    16. DEN
    17. CLE 18. KC 19. CAR 20. LAC 21. PIT 22. CIN 23. NO 24. TB 25. BUF 26. LV 27. DAL 28. GB 29. BAL 30. LAR 31. TEN 32. ARZ
     
    9:19 AM · Nov 5, 2021
    Spotrac@spotrac
    Current #NFL Waiver Order

    1. DET
    2. MIA
    3. HOU
    4. JAX
    5. NYJ
    6. NYG
    7. WSH
    8. PHI
    9. SEA
    10. CHI
    11. ATL
    12. SF
    13. MIN
    14. IND
    15. NE
    16. DEN
    17. CLE
    18. KC
    19. CAR
    20. LAC
    21. PIT
    22. CIN
    23. NO
    24. TB
    25. BUF
    26. LV
    27. DAL
    28. GB
    29. BAL
    30. LAR
    31. TEN
    32. ARZ
    ·TweetDeck

    Monday by 4PM,  highest claim is rewarded  (or ?)

    @gumby73 said:

     

     
    Current #NFLNFL_2021_2022.png
    17. CLE 18. KC 19. CAR 20. LAC 21. PIT 22. CIN 23. NO 24. TB 25. BUF 26. LV 27. DAL 28. GB 29. BAL 30. LAR 31. TEN 32. ARZ
     

    Monday by 4PM,  highest claim is rewarded  (or ?)

    Strange or not where the AFCN teams are on the list.  CLE #17 ?

  • so what are the money details ?

  • Um, some receivers have done this in ONE season not 2-1\2 FYI Odell

    "In 29 games, Beckham caught 114 of 210 targets for 1,586 yards and seven touchdowns over two and a half seasons." 

    https://www.nfl.com/news/kevin-stefanski-odell-beckham-release-unfortunate-browns-are-moving-on

    https://www.nfl.com/news/odell-beckham-jr-s-next-nfl-team-here-are-six-ideal-fits-for-the-three-time-pro-

  • so what are the money details ?

    @atom said:

    so what are the money details ?

    Yet to be announced.

  • Um, some receivers have done this in ONE season not 2-1\2 FYI Odell

    "In 29 games, Beckham caught 114 of 210 targets for 1,586 yards and seven touchdowns over two and a half seasons." 

    https://www.nfl.com/news/kevin-stefanski-odell-beckham-release-unfortunate-browns-are-moving-on

    https://www.nfl.com/news/odell-beckham-jr-s-next-nfl-team-here-are-six-ideal-fits-for-the-three-time-pro-

    @hoorta said:

    Um, some receivers have done this in ONE season not 2-1\2 FYI Odell

    "In 29 games, Beckham caught 114 of 210 targets for 1,586 yards and seven touchdowns over two and a half seasons." 

    https://www.nfl.com/news/kevin-stefanski-odell-beckham-release-unfortunate-browns-are-moving-on

    https://www.nfl.com/news/odell-beckham-jr-s-next-nfl-team-here-are-six-ideal-fits-for-the-three-time-pro-

    i looked at the top 6 mentioned above  and the waiver  order I believe seattle if they have the money and would be their 3rd wr

  • @hoorta said:

    Um, some receivers have done this in ONE season not 2-1\2 FYI Odell

    "In 29 games, Beckham caught 114 of 210 targets for 1,586 yards and seven touchdowns over two and a half seasons." 

    https://www.nfl.com/news/kevin-stefanski-odell-beckham-release-unfortunate-browns-are-moving-on

    https://www.nfl.com/news/odell-beckham-jr-s-next-nfl-team-here-are-six-ideal-fits-for-the-three-time-pro-

    i looked at the top 6 mentioned above  and the waiver  order I believe seattle if they have the money and would be their 3rd wr

    @atom said:

    i looked at the top 6 mentioned above  and the waiver  order I believe seattle if they have the money and would be their 3rd wr

    but i hoping detriot claims him

  • He's absolutely going to kill it wherever he lands. Just how things work. 

    @mld-woody said:

    He's absolutely going to kill it wherever he lands. Just how things work. 

    Unfortunately, my original lengthy response disappeared into the Internet ether when my connection went out, so here's the Cliff Notes version.  

    We can't do anything about that Woody... I do like Flugel pointing out that another talented WR (Steffon Digs) wasn't happy with Stefanski's offense in Minnesota either, and got out of town. He seems to be doing OK with the Bills.  

    A few observations. 

    1) As those videos showed, he can still get open. But as Tia opined, is it because teams no longer respect his ability?  

    2) We may rag on our Hospital Ward, but OBJ is rather fragile too. IIRC he's only had a couple seasons where he got through all 16 games. 

    3) As I pointed out with one exception his production has decreased every year. You can only live off your reputation and one miracle catch for so long. Is he going to be another Andre "Bad Moon" Rison who peaked early, or the ageless Larry Fitzgerald? Has he lost a step due to those repeated injuries? 

    4) Yeah- OBJ still fancies himself a #1 WR, and wants to get paid accordingly- which was never going to happen with the Browns. Sometimes it's better to go the addition by subtraction route to get rid of a Locker Room cancer, regardless of how talented he may be. This is FAR from the only time a disgruntled star has forced his way out of town- only the latest. I'll never forget the Browns game where Eric Dickerson just walked of the field to force a trade. 

    Posted previously... "In 29 games, Beckham caught 114 of 210 targets for 1,586 yards and seven touchdowns over two and a half seasons." FYI Odell- several players-Megatron, Julio Jones Jerry Rice did better than that in 16 games.  😁 

  • @mld-woody said:

    He's absolutely going to kill it wherever he lands. Just how things work. 

    Unfortunately, my original lengthy response disappeared into the Internet ether when my connection went out, so here's the Cliff Notes version.  

    We can't do anything about that Woody... I do like Flugel pointing out that another talented WR (Steffon Digs) wasn't happy with Stefanski's offense in Minnesota either, and got out of town. He seems to be doing OK with the Bills.  

    A few observations. 

    1) As those videos showed, he can still get open. But as Tia opined, is it because teams no longer respect his ability?  

    2) We may rag on our Hospital Ward, but OBJ is rather fragile too. IIRC he's only had a couple seasons where he got through all 16 games. 

    3) As I pointed out with one exception his production has decreased every year. You can only live off your reputation and one miracle catch for so long. Is he going to be another Andre "Bad Moon" Rison who peaked early, or the ageless Larry Fitzgerald? Has he lost a step due to those repeated injuries? 

    4) Yeah- OBJ still fancies himself a #1 WR, and wants to get paid accordingly- which was never going to happen with the Browns. Sometimes it's better to go the addition by subtraction route to get rid of a Locker Room cancer, regardless of how talented he may be. This is FAR from the only time a disgruntled star has forced his way out of town- only the latest. I'll never forget the Browns game where Eric Dickerson just walked of the field to force a trade. 

    Posted previously... "In 29 games, Beckham caught 114 of 210 targets for 1,586 yards and seven touchdowns over two and a half seasons." FYI Odell- several players-Megatron, Julio Jones Jerry Rice did better than that in 16 games.  😁 

    @hoorta said:

    Unfortunately, my original lengthy response disappeared into the Internet ether when my connection went out, so here's the Cliff Notes version.  

    We can't do anything about that Woody... I do like Flugel pointing out that another talented WR (Steffon Digs) wasn't happy with Stefanski's offense in Minnesota either, and got out of town. He seems to be doing OK with the Bills.  

    A few observations. 

    1) As those videos showed, he can still get open. But as Tia opined, is it because teams no longer respect his ability?  

    One of the screenshots I had mentioned during the Cardinals game about Odell drawing extra eyes and felton on the hitch for an easy 6 to make 3rd and short(er).

    Odell and Felton in a 2 stack, odell runs off coverage and felton takes the gimme when he snaps the hitch off.

    There is still respect paid to Odell as a receiver.  

    704607223_Feltonfor62ndand10_3.thumb.jpg.24c2034a923a0ebf4c9ba88186e38b32.jpg

  • @atom said:

    i looked at the top 6 mentioned above  and the waiver  order I believe seattle if they have the money and would be their 3rd wr

    but i hoping detriot claims him

    @atom said:

    but i hoping detriot claims him

    For the sake of settling debate, and for the sake of clarity (Berry's) would probably be best if Odell goes to a functional team.  

  • @atom said:

    but i hoping detriot claims him

    For the sake of settling debate, and for the sake of clarity (Berry's) would probably be best if Odell goes to a functional team.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    For the sake of settling debate, and for the sake of clarity (Berry's) would probably be best if Odell goes to a functional team.  

    Ah- if it's Not For Long.. You screw us Odell, (as I mentioned to Zombo in another thread) we're releasing you so you can be claimed and sent to Football Siberia for the rest of the season (the Lions) who incidentally have a guy in the front office by the name of John Dorsey..  The guy who brought you to Cleveland in the first place.  🙂 

    LOL, in that scenario would Odell pull the "I'm retired" stunt?   

  • @tiamat63 said:

    For the sake of settling debate, and for the sake of clarity (Berry's) would probably be best if Odell goes to a functional team.  

    Ah- if it's Not For Long.. You screw us Odell, (as I mentioned to Zombo in another thread) we're releasing you so you can be claimed and sent to Football Siberia for the rest of the season (the Lions) who incidentally have a guy in the front office by the name of John Dorsey..  The guy who brought you to Cleveland in the first place.  🙂 

    LOL, in that scenario would Odell pull the "I'm retired" stunt?   

    @hoorta said:

    LOL, in that scenario would Odell pull the "I'm retired" stunt?   

    Or worse - achieves moderate success in DET.

  • I can't wait to read the forum next week after the offense explodes this Sunday and the Browns right the ship with Baker's best game of the season.

    I hated the trade the second I saw it on the TV in Chili's (ruining a great dinner) and never liked the dude for a single second while he was taking up space on the roster... Finally some good freakin' news about the Browns for once. 

  • so we have an available spot now...... desean Jackson?

  • @calfoxwc said:

    yep - that was surely the worst all time stupid trade.

    I disagree.  Paul Brown traded Dough Atkins because he burped in a team meeting for a 3rd round pick. Dough Atkins went on to a HOF career and is considered one of the best DE's to ever play the game.  

    @ballpeen said:

    I disagree.  Paul Brown traded Dough Atkins because he burped in a team meeting for a 3rd round pick. Dough Atkins went on to a HOF career and is considered one of the best DE's to ever play the game.  

    Paul Brown traded away a couple of future defensive Hall of Famers in that time period, which probably kept the Browns from being the Packers of the 60s. 

  • I can't wait to read the forum next week after the offense explodes this Sunday and the Browns right the ship with Baker's best game of the season.

    I hated the trade the second I saw it on the TV in Chili's (ruining a great dinner) and never liked the dude for a single second while he was taking up space on the roster... Finally some good freakin' news about the Browns for once. 

    @d-bone said:

    I can't wait to read the forum next week after the offense explodes this Sunday and the Browns right the ship with Baker's best game of the season.

    I hated the trade the second I saw it on the TV in Chili's (ruining a great dinner) and never liked the dude for a single second while he was taking up space on the roster... Finally some good freakin' news about the Browns for once. 

    Baker magically going to become healthy with OBJ's release?